Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 24, 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
It's cool they have exploration to even other planets.

We find out more about how laws work on one particular planet, aka Mars. Compared to the first two epsiodes where there were more action, this one had more drama and dives into how humans are treated. Kinda fascinating considering how society works in their universe. I'm curious to see what other planes they'll show.
Jan 24, 9:34 AM

Feb 2021
Loving this OP. It feels so sci-fi-y. Or maybe I just don't know much songs like this. Also there is a black hole in there wtf.
This really makes me believe that Neans are some sort of cyborgs or artificial humans, and not pure robots. We even saw a skeleton of one in the previous episode.
Why did Yuval have to die, c'mon maaan :(
Good episode!
Jan 24, 9:55 AM
Jul 2023
“Chocolate is life” - Rouge (definitely)

There’s currently five known factions introduced:

Aletheia, Alter, CFN, Ochrona, and Usurper .

The moving carnival probably a base for an unknown faction.

Previous speculations about the Alter turnout to be wrong, Alter is The Organization Giallon mentioned and the one associated with the Immortal Nine.
MainnusJan 24, 10:09 AM
Jan 24, 10:07 AM

Mar 2015
Yuval being introduced as leader of a faction of peace keeping Neans then getting killed in the same episode is pretty wild. It's pretty obvious this is a setup, but I wonder what the goal is, to get Rouge to actually fight back against humans or just a way to try to eliminate her? Or maybe to get the peace keeping Neans to want to actually fight also?

We still aren't even sure if the immortal nine are truly bad or if the agency "controlling" Rouge are the real bad guys either. I'm really intrigued with this story because there's so many directions it could take.
Jan 24, 10:24 AM
Sep 2015
It's not fair that they keep discussing if Nean should have human rights or not when there's not enough information on what exactly is Nean. Are they robot or alien or something else, then we can discussed on their rights.
Jan 24, 10:50 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode

i really love this kind of vibe

she has a brother etc

i want to watch the next one nooooooo
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 24, 10:58 AM

Jul 2017
Naomi's call to vice-director Junghardt to enquire about the Immortal Nine, of which 6 now remain, their next target is Phantom Verde, which is disguised amongst the Neans. Despite that, Rouge wants to be free as per Jill's desires, and seeing a Nean in trouble, she assists help to this Dr. Afdal and his assistant Rion, which she is allowed entry alongside him to monitor on combat Neans, which are thrown to Mars as slave workforces.

In the Council of Free Neans, Rouge is brought to Juval, who explains to her of the livelihood of the Neans and ther Asimov Code that is hardwired to be obeyed to humans. Despite that, there exist a group of Neans called the Alters who rebel against the humans, and Rouge is one such Nean that can give hope to other Neans while staying in the settlement. It's sad that one such combat Nean of Dahlia may have been outstretched of her lifespan, something which Dr. Afdal would not see the last of it.

To find Juval killed when Rouge found him as it is, even the Ochrona-based Inspector Ash can't do anything about it.

But that floating item in the sky...it only spells trouble.
Jan 24, 10:59 AM

Jan 2009
is this episode outsource? it definitely is low priority with how stiff the animation is

anyway ye the main plot is really if free will exist or not i say free will is an illusion a positive illusion
Jan 24, 11:11 AM

Mar 2021
Trouble in paradise for the besties—Naomi calling Rouge a tool or piece of equipment was a hard oof, even if she was also referring to herself as an agent. Hopefully we'll get a sweet, chocolate-y apology next episode :)

As soon as Yuval was introduced, I just knew he'd be death fodder, but it's still sad. The precious cinnamon roll deserved better ;-;
Jan 24, 12:20 PM

Jan 2011
Things are starting to heat up. Also damn Naomi...did you have to talk to Rouge like that? I hope they pick up on that little fight they had. Naomi's VA is fucking cooking though. She is nailing all of her lines.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 24, 12:32 PM

Mar 2021
Really nice episode it was great learning more about the Neans
Jan 24, 12:46 PM

Feb 2019
The blade runner vibes in this story are getting even stronger

Last week’s episode gave us some insight into the relationship between Neans and humans. Remember the old man abusing his guardian Nean after he got shot? Well, seems like he’s not alone and humanity in general look down on Neans. Using them for harsh labour, war and other tasks without granting them equal protection under the law. Sad that no matter how much time passes, humanity stays the same in this regard.

Because the vast majority of Neans have a non aggression against humans stipulation written into their code, rebellion hasn’t been possible. But now there’s various factions forming to change the status quo. We’ve got the Council for Free Neans of which Joval is apart, and several others all vying to take Neans into the future and make them more than just humanity’s slaves.

It’s always one of my fave sci to tropes to see created life forms gradually become more aware and rebel against their creators. With what we’ve seen of the Neans so far, I don’t think they’re any less human than we are. Getting the public at large and powers that be to recognise that will be no small task

Soon as we met Joval I kinda figured he’d die. Someone is trying to stoke the flames of conflict. Who and for what reason remains to be seen, but wild end to the episode. Poor dude just wanted to be free and live a proper life.

Other than the Nean plot line, we got a nice bit of worldbuilding in this episode. Learning about Rogue’s brother, the various factions, terraforming etc. There’s a lot to this world and I think it would be cool to get light novel based on it when the series finishes.

Naomi was kind of an asshole to rogue today too, I hope they make up soon.
Marinate1016Jan 24, 12:56 PM
Jan 24, 1:14 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I felt like that episode ended abruptly towards that last scene when the music was playing in the background got cut off midway before the ED. Not sure if that was supposed to be a cliffhanger, but it didn't feel like a smooth transition sound wise.
Jan 24, 1:39 PM

Nov 2011
This doctor is a bit like Sudou sensei from Ai no Idenshi. Like, similar job
Jan 24, 2:05 PM

Jun 2014
This anime still sucks. We've learned a tiny bit, but not much.

I can't find anything likeable about this. I hope that it gets better, but I'm soon going to give up on this show.

Jan 24, 2:20 PM
May 2021
Boring ep can’t liee, I dont know how I feel yet with this anime.
Jan 24, 2:27 PM

Apr 2020
-Oof^^ That was one hell of a (very) forced Mini-Break up.
Almost as forced as the "Poor AI is always getting mistreated as a tool, by cruel and arrogant human owners" -Theme. Is EVERY human just a dick and we're supposed to care for these 2-3 characters who're actually able to show some empathy?...

-Also...still not a fan of Rogue talking/behaving like a badass toddler...xD It's weird.

-And why the fk do that choppy hard cut in the end? o.O Strange.

Damn each Episode is getting worse, for me, tbh...
Merve2LoveJan 24, 3:21 PM
Jan 24, 2:30 PM
Mar 2020
Knew it, the Nean are just augmented humans with a memory wipe, there's been way too many tells now, and the lack of in universe acknowledgement speaks bounds to something extraordinary behind the scenes.
its a shame that the interesting, thoughtful bits and the visual worldbuilding seem to go over the head of most of the MAL audience, as usual :/
Jan 24, 3:01 PM

May 2017
I have no idea what all the people praising this anime are smoking lol. This show is boring and they've been unable to get me to care about any of the characters or the setting. It just feels hollow.

Most anime originals fall flat for me, and this is no exception. I think that since they only turn the at least somewhat successful manga, light novels, books, and visual novels into anime, there's more of a foundation for them. When they're making an anime original it's a lot harder to start from scratch and requires a lot more skill. 4/10 dropped, cant take another episode.
tfw brain crowe
Jan 24, 4:38 PM

Dec 2022
Naomi, your beloved Rouge isn´t that smart, because she only gets in there by accompanying the doctor.

He really bribes the guards with nectar injections to get in.

Poor Daria.
Jan 24, 4:44 PM
Aug 2021
WTF was that? Give the viewers a clue on what’s going on, you know, plot. 3 episodes is enough for me. 😵‍💫
Jan 24, 5:29 PM
Oct 2010
This show certainly has a good bit of style. Substance? Not feeling it, it's more like a bunch of navel-gazing trying to pass itself off as ruminations into Deep Themes but the background to provide any meaningful discourse is as shallow as a puddle.

And I'm still wondering how distribution of this Nectar gets done. It's a highly-valuable substance that the neans require a daily dose of to survive... how do they get it? Who provides it? Who pays for it? At this point it's just a MacGuffin that shows up for 'plot' convenience and then vanishes until the next time it can be used to show what scum the humans are, we don't even know how Rouge's own supply is dealt with. It'd seem to be pretty inconvenient to be found carrying it around when you get stopped for a bag check unless you're an obvious nean.
Jan 24, 5:30 PM
Nov 2020
Interesting 🤨 so Rouge is not bound by the Asimov code. Lots of mystery in this series. These episodes feel like they are 5 minutes long.
Jan 24, 5:33 PM

Oct 2022
I really hope nothing happens to Rouge, just feels like it'll have that bitter-sweet ending.

Jan 24, 6:06 PM

Nov 2022
It's funny this whole episode would have been avoided if Naomi just let Rouge buy some more chocolate.
Jan 24, 6:31 PM

Nov 2016
I was intrigued, now I'm kinda hooked. Thematically this anime doesn't really do anything new. In combination with the setting, characters and mystery it can make up for that. I saw someone calling this lifeless. Well, imo this kinda vibe works here.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 24, 6:44 PM

Mar 2010
Wow Naomi is annoying. Imagine calling your partner just a tool in defence of her wanting to eat chocolate after you giving it away lmao. This is such a rough world.
Jan 24, 6:57 PM
Apr 2021
This episode now confirms some theories from past episodes
Jan 24, 7:16 PM
Mar 2015
The humans treat neans as if they were tools
Jan 24, 7:34 PM

Dec 2018
Looks like things are about to blow up. No real action, but a lot of buildup for next week.
Jan 24, 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
I really don't know where this show is going plot wise. I want to like it but I just felt really bored watching this weeks episode. I'll give it another week or two I guess...
Jan 24, 7:40 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to deg
is this episode outsource? it definitely is low priority with how stiff the animation is

anyway ye the main plot is really if free will exist or not i say free will is an illusion a positive illusion
deg said:

It definitely was a little odd. A lot of the faces looked low-detail too when they got even a little far away.

I was expecting Bones to go harder in terms of quality, this being a 25th anniversary project and all, but I guess not.
Jan 24, 7:42 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to perseii
deg said:

It definitely was a little odd. A lot of the faces looked low-detail too when they got even a little far away.

I was expecting Bones to go harder in terms of quality, this being a 25th anniversary project and all, but I guess not.
@perseii ye true lots of off model faces in this episode too
Jan 24, 7:57 PM

Oct 2022
I suppose the ending is an obvious indication that it didn't have enough time to fill what they needed as it cuts off abruptly. They should have done a full episode just telling the viewer more and begin Yuval's part in Episode 4 creating more space in between story.
UndefeatedBahamut
Jan 24, 8:03 PM

May 2019
The argument that Rouge and Naomi had led to Rouge getting into the compound on her own but now it looks like she's being framed to having killed the nean leader kid. I think that someone is trying to use Rouge for their own benefit/plan so I'm curious to see how that plays out.
Jan 24, 9:30 PM

Dec 2022
Starting to like the complicated ethical issues of having 'digital slaves'. It's somewhat cliché, but somehow it's also not something that's been done "to death". Bladerunner is basically it.
Jan 24, 10:00 PM

Jul 2012
They ran out of budget in 3 episodes?
Jan 24, 10:22 PM

Oct 2022
I'm starting to think that Rouge and her partner are not on side of good..or at least the organization they belong to.

Jan 24, 10:23 PM

Feb 2014
I seem to be having the opposite experience to some people ITT. Episode 1 left me feeling very skeptical, Episode 2 made me cautiously optimistic, and with Episode 3, I'm full-on hyped.

It was a bold move to introduce so many characters and factions early on with so little context, but now we get to see their plotlines interweaving a bit. Feels like answers are ever just beneath the surface, and the show has done a good job so far requiring you to engage your brain without becoming pretentious—as evidenced by the lighthearted moments scattered throughout. Sure, the fundamental premises are nothing original, but it's being executed in absolutely fascinating fashion.

Now, don't mind me if I go loop the OP and ED until next week!
Jan 24, 10:46 PM
Oct 2017
I've seem to just watched too many sci fi shit that it's getting pretty obvious what they reference and are going for here lol. this is not the show and tell anime people wanted it to be. weren't we discussing about the Immortal Nine? now we're just gonna circle back to Nean discrimination? been there done that, don't' need an entire episode for it. inb4 Rouge becomes their Nean Jesus, this girl with infantilism dies for our sins and becomes that weird thing in that opening. We've all seen Detroit Become Human

just jingle the keys at this point, i want me some action before that joker ripoff starts talking about society.

Jan 24, 10:58 PM

Nov 2022
Human response will probably be to carpet bomb the Nean reservation.
This anime is definitely giving me the vibes of being another one of those "death to humans!" shows.
Jan 24, 11:13 PM

Oct 2022
the dark skin, silver hair girl is so freaking hot, tho
tbh, I hope she's gay.
Jan 24, 11:36 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, this anime's just bad. A complete and utter anime original trainwreck that I can only see getting worse and worse as it progresses.

An all too easy drop. Maybe one day stories involving androids/AI will actually move on from the same racism tropes they've been using for well over 50 years, but today is not that day clearly.
Jan 24, 11:55 PM

Oct 2022
Man, sucks to be a Nean.

I'm holding out hope that the orbs can be used to resurrect the Immortal Nine, mostly because I'm a bit sad that the one who just wanted to sing can't anymore. And also because it's weird to label them as that if it just takes another combat Nean to kill them.
Jan 25, 12:11 AM

Dec 2022
Will the doctor actually one of the Immortal Nine? The Nine seems to be the key about the whole "war", be it real or not, and it makes sense for the government want Rouge to kill them all.
Jan 25, 1:07 AM
Oct 2019
Hold on, let BONES COOKING!!

just a build up episode this week.
But I'm hooked into the story already.
Give me more info about the lore of this world.
Jan 25, 1:45 AM

Oct 2022
Compared to the first two episodes this one really didn't hit as hard. 
We didn't even get to know the kid Nean for more than 5 minutes before they killed him, how the hell should I care about them so fast?
Jan 25, 1:48 AM

Jan 2009
racism between humans and robots will become a thing in real life too
Jan 25, 2:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
No barking Rouge. 2/5 episode

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 25, 2:48 AM

Dec 2022
While I love the world building and all the new added parts we got this episode, the drama between Rouge and Naomi this episode seemed kinda forced and everything happening seemed pretty disconnected.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

109 by MKSTEEL »»
Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13

36 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 20, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10

235 by ICEE_BR »»
May 18, 8:38 PM

» Is bones Studio still a big studio ?

Badrkate - Apr 28

22 by Lambofgenesis »»
May 18, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Metallic Rouge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6

54 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 3, 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.