Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 21, 2023 6:51 AM

Dec 2021
Finally at the Rust Mountains eh?

Disasters that had been occurring in various places were found to be linked to the Rust Mountains in the Dwarf Kingdom. To uncover the truth, Will and Menel continued their investigation. One day, while the two were engaged in their daily training, a dwarf secretly watched them from the shadows. When Will asked if the dwarf was interested, the dwarf, in a timid manner, quickly fled. His name was Ru.

Will really has deep empath for these dwarves. He genuinely shares in their suffering and distress. The dwarves appeared to have endured significant hardship since their departure from the mountain. Al, on the other hand, comes across as a genuinely kind individual.

Now that we're at the Rust mountains, I assume the real arc begins. Seeing as that's the name of the season.
IzanaSolosOct 21, 2023 5:32 PM

Oct 21, 2023 7:06 AM

Feb 2021
That backstory was emotional. Elderly people/characters crying always gets me.
This was quite wholesome. Will feels a bit Mary Sue-ish right now tho, or is it just me? Not that I mind it too much.
Oct 21, 2023 7:30 AM

Jun 2015
Wouldnt be a proper fantasy adventure without a drawf. Not to mention the back story here. Reapiring the door while MC off chatting. This guy is more than meets the eye and I think MC noticied that.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 21, 2023 7:47 AM
Jun 2007
Now its on Dwarf story.
Oct 21, 2023 7:49 AM

Jun 2021
Now the actual "Lord of the Rust Mountains" story has started
“Think not of your future or your past, just your current self. Think about the now and focus, then throw out your very identity”
Oct 21, 2023 7:58 AM
Jul 2023
And the story begun.

Gotta listen to Wind Rose recent catalogs to hype myself up.
Oct 21, 2023 8:27 AM
Sep 2015
William adapted so well into this world that I almost forget this is an isekai story. He treats dwarf race with care and as the result, this episode is good even without any action scene, just dialogue, and a good voice actor to shout it with emotion that resonate the audience.

But it's kinda similar to the Hobbit trilogy?
Oct 21, 2023 8:34 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to phantomfandom
William adapted so well into this world that I almost forget this is an isekai story. He treats dwarf race with care and as the result, this episode is good even without any action scene, just dialogue, and a good voice actor to shout it with emotion that resonate the audience.

@phantomfandom author was clearly inspired by The Hobbit. But if you think of it, the whole similarity is only in general backstory and plot kicker "Dwarves got kicked from their kingdom by an evil dragon and now MC helps the last dwarven kings descendant to take it back". The actual plot and characters are differet.
Oct 21, 2023 9:22 AM
Sep 2015
Reply to Nachtwandler_21
@phantomfandom author was clearly inspired by The Hobbit. But if you think of it, the whole similarity is only in general backstory and plot kicker "Dwarves got kicked from their kingdom by an evil dragon and now MC helps the last dwarven kings descendant to take it back". The actual plot and characters are differet.
@Nachtwandler_21 what makes me think of the similarity is actually about the mountain. Rust Mountain vs. Lonely Mountain
Oct 21, 2023 9:47 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to phantomfandom
@Nachtwandler_21 what makes me think of the similarity is actually about the mountain. Rust Mountain vs. Lonely Mountain
@phantomfandom but it's Rust Mountines (actually Iron ones before they got renamed), the whole range.
Oct 21, 2023 9:59 AM
Jul 2021
first two episodes were mid but this one is pretty great to me, hope this keeps interesting later on
Oct 21, 2023 10:18 AM
Apr 2021
Vaya que fue un capitulo muy bueno
Oct 21, 2023 2:11 PM

Sep 2013
Reply to Embient
That backstory was emotional. Elderly people/characters crying always gets me.
This was quite wholesome. Will feels a bit Mary Sue-ish right now tho, or is it just me? Not that I mind it too much.
@Embient I don't mind him being a Mary Sue, he had incredible parents and doesn't want to fuck his current life like the one before, he's also a symbol of the country he serves he can't act like all dumb.
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 21, 2023 3:21 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

a little bit of back story etc
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 21, 2023 4:46 PM
Mar 2019
Will is growing his party gradually before the eventual assault on the mountains. Human, Half-elf, and Dwarf...who's next?
Oct 21, 2023 5:19 PM
Sep 2023
Boring as hell, only forcing myself to watch this cause i watched season 1 but i dont even remember what made me watch that season either
Oct 21, 2023 8:13 PM

Jun 2021
DheCupidore said:
Boring as hell, only forcing myself to watch this cause i watched season 1 but i dont even remember what made me watch that season either

As a fan of the series, I didn't want to say it but yeah I agree with you lol. And I also feel the dialogues are way too excessively cheesy in the anime.
“Think not of your future or your past, just your current self. Think about the now and focus, then throw out your very identity”
Oct 21, 2023 8:36 PM

Feb 2021
Are all dwarfs male or something?
Oct 21, 2023 9:06 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi gains a thane
Oct 21, 2023 9:12 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to phantomfandom

@phantomfandom One thing that makes it different to many Isekai is that Will has basically no memories of his previous life just vague knowledge that her wasted his life in his previous one, which is why his goal is to live life to the fullest in this one.
Oct 21, 2023 11:58 PM
Apr 2023
NGL, after Meneldor, even the addition of Ru to Wil's party just added even more BL vibes to this story.
I guess no one can escape Wil's charisma and charm.
Oct 22, 2023 2:31 AM

Dec 2015
Pretty obvious that Ru is a descendant of the king from the story the other guy told. Since he is calm and doesn't seem like a warrior. (When the king also had been described as someone into other stuff than fighting. Still he killed the demon messenger and fought back.) Also the other dwarves called him "young master".

Looking forward to the travels and fights and exploring. With Menel's new powers and Ru growing stronger. Opening also seems to have shown a bigger party ... I guess they are going to hire a few other guys. But before that ... some talking with the prince and bishop and maybe more research.

I wonder if the mage academy is still going to be important in the future episodes. It seemed pretty abandoned besides the old guy and I guess they would not show stuff without any real reason.
Oct 22, 2023 4:23 AM

Nov 2018
What an interesting protagonist. At the same time as he is kind and seems naive, he is determined and raises his sword without hesitation to massacre the cowardly and unjust, all while being humble without letting anyone step on his head.
Oct 22, 2023 11:17 AM

Feb 2015
Dwarves, Mountain, Dragon....I'm sure I've heard this somewhere before.its about time this series started progressing. Not much has happened so far.
Oct 22, 2023 12:37 PM

Jul 2013
This show is too slow and the MC does not match his stature.
Oct 22, 2023 12:38 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to DheCupidore
I'm in the same boat. I now watch this show when I am cooking or cleaning utensils....Its getting 'watched' when I am doing mundane shit.
Oct 22, 2023 12:40 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to tekkenshu7
NGL, after Meneldor, even the addition of Ru to Wil's party just added even more BL vibes to this story.
Menel looks like a girl. Plus there's almost no women on screen for more than 1-2 minutes.
Oct 22, 2023 6:50 PM
Jan 2009
Earlier: The frail king preferred to write over martial arts. 10 seconds later: "Frail" king who likes to write beheads a demon and declares he'll lead his kingdom to fight to the death against the demon army.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Also, I feel like Will should have told Ru that he's about to fight a demon dragon thing before convincing him to swear an oath to defend Will with his life. Just saying.
Oct 22, 2023 8:05 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to HellindiuM
Menel looks like a girl. Plus there's almost no women on screen for more than 1-2 minutes.
@HellindiuM another funny thing is they put Murase Ayumu as his seiyuu - pretty much one the best trap-voice out there (that isn't an actual female voice actor) who also is the voice of trap-ish characters like Iruma and Ragna hahahaha
Oct 22, 2023 11:53 PM

Feb 2015
HellindiuM said:

I was thinking the same thing, the show lacks decent female characters. it's also far too talkative for its own good, I find myself zoning out.
Oct 23, 2023 10:09 AM
May 2020
Muito emocionante a história dos anões.
Oct 23, 2023 11:43 PM
Jun 2016
.iolurek,jgmvfcds
Oct 25, 2023 7:34 AM

Oct 2017
That was actually pretty sad. The dwarves reminded me of the dwarves from hobbit. Anyway another guy joined the party. I wonder if there'll be any girls at all.
Oct 26, 2023 6:23 PM
Feb 2022
tekkenshu7 said:

William G Rizzyblood
Oct 26, 2023 7:16 PM
May 2017
i like the setting and the plot for the most part, but what a snooze fest this episode was

2/5
Oct 27, 2023 7:15 AM

Jun 2016
i almost fell sleep watching this episode ...

so so boring AF !!
Oct 29, 2023 11:43 AM

Nov 2009
Maybe it is because english isn't my main language, but isn't "thane" the wrong word? As they talk about what Lou should do isn't "squire" the right word?
Oct 29, 2023 7:00 PM
Apr 2023
I miss the undead heroes from the first season, so was nice to have a mini flashback with Blood at the start of the episode!
Oct 29, 2023 7:26 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Mervis
Maybe it is because english isn't my main language, but isn't "thane" the wrong word? As they talk about what Lou should do isn't "squire" the right word?
@Mervis Yeah I found that strange too (since a "Thane" is a member of nobility who leads a clan and has land). I'm guessing Ru will end up as Thane/Lord of the mountain, but weird to call him that already when he's more (like you say) a squire, and doing a paid internship at the moment on how to be a fighter 😆
Nov 4, 2023 12:49 PM

Mar 2010
That dwarfs willingness at the end reminded me of myself when I was younger.. damn how could I let this world destroy my will so quickly.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 12, 2023 6:19 AM

Jul 2017
Will learning about dwarven warriors from his guardians, and now the probable ones creating trouble in the Rust Mountains, and one of them happened to see Will and Menel's training so much that he ran away due to fear. But one of the last surviving members of the Iron Mountains, Agnarr's father Grendir, wants his kin to die a valiant death here in Torch Port, after fighting a valiant fight against demons, and also for the loyalty of their late king Aurvangr, which Grendir is grateful for.

The dwarven helper named Ru, dispelling a dispute between drunkards, thankfully he's not all that bad, and even got a meal with William healing the owner's father. He too, who came from the Iron Mountains (like Grendir did), is provided renumerations with William's help by making him his thane, not knowing that he was the leader of his group which could have repercussions. Nevertheless, Ru wanting to become a valiant warrior, it shows in his determination, which William accepts and made it an oath.

Be it as it may, Ru may not understand his life's importance now, but William will certainly gruel him to be one capable warrior.
Nov 14, 2023 7:31 AM

Oct 2019
That guy appears to be the descendant of that dwarf king. I'm sure Will will make him a worthy king, ready to lead after they clear out the Rusty Mountains from the demons.
Nov 17, 2023 5:05 PM
May 2023
maybe it's just my first time watching an anime after reading (or rather listening to) the LN, but they skip through stuff WAY too fast. The sick dad scene is a great example of this. The LN makes it pretty clear that his sickness isn't all that important; the sickness itself isn't all that bad, but it makes him look sick, which impacts business. But the anime makes it into a "look at how good and holy our MC is!" scene where Will heals some random sick dude. Again, this is probably just a side effect of having read the LN first. I do like the way they animated Al though (or Ru - why did they change his name?).
Nov 17, 2023 5:06 PM
May 2023
Reply to Mervis
@Mervis LN translates it as squire, you're correct
Nov 21, 2023 5:56 PM
Sep 2016
I honestly love this new Lou character or however you write it, he wants to know his heritage and not be coddle all the time.
Dec 24, 2023 10:33 PM
Dec 2022
We now got Al the dwarf becoming Will's thane.
Jan 9, 1:56 AM
Feb 2020
wow, such a great episode! it was wholesome in a way and i can't wait to see how Al's character develops.
Jan 12, 9:51 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to tekkenshu7
@tekkenshu7 @HellindiuM @Crashmatt well from source readers i heard hes in love with hes goddess (she admits having feelings for him as well but is unsure if it would work) and if she becomes more worshiped she would able to take psychical form and actually have children with her

awry thing points at Will x goddess ship
Sugram22Jan 12, 9:57 AM
Jan 12, 9:54 AM
Apr 2023
Sugram22 said:
@tekkenshu7 @HellindiuM well from source readers i heard hes in love with hes goddess (she admits having feelings for him as well but is unsure if it would work) and if she becomes more worships she would able to take psychical form and actually have children with her

yeah that's what I read too. He actually confessed to her in some way and Gracefeel is also attached to him and grateful for technically keeping her 'alive' for bringing in new believers through his heroic acts. Wil really is a simp only for Gracefeel.
Feb 9, 5:28 AM

Dec 2020
Those interactions with the townspeople were great! I wish there wasn't a time skip and we saw the building of his town.

Ru is like a lil abandoned puppy lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is this adaptation better than the first season?

Ghefira - Sep 13

3 by CheliosX »»
Sep 13, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

60 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:20 AM

» Where are the girls in this show?

Dije - Jun 9

6 by Abyhape »»
Aug 17, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Saihate no Paladin: Tetsusabi no Yama no Ou Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2023

34 by DarkTh3Light »»
May 31, 7:03 PM

» Anime vs manga

Hugowolf - Apr 12

0 by Hugowolf »»
Apr 12, 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.