Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 5, 2023 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
Poor Helck, this was unfortunate case of bad luck and it looks like they ran into a massive whirlpool. Too bad. Their fun was cut short from that.

He and Vamiro also get arrested too, yikes. I like how Helck handled all this though. Crazy cliffhanger.
Sep 5, 2023 12:03 PM

Jun 2015
I could of defo went for Helck just crushing that monstrosity at the end with a single hand grab but looks like they saving it for a bit more battle. i did like Helck kinda give a more seroius face after giant octopus slashed him and took him underwater. Totally went back to full Helck after Anne was kinda feeling bad as she got to shore. Passing the goal line was cute, there relationship dynamic has been a fantastic arc. Even that little critter thing then pretending to have handcuffs, people cursed, Helck and Anne totally both being pissed off. lets go!!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 5, 2023 12:04 PM
Sep 2015
The question regarding battle involving Helck is not about the result, but about how fast can he win.
Sep 5, 2023 12:07 PM

Dec 2021
I never expected Helck to appear on the island's shore with a "goal" sign, waiting for Piwi and Vermilio, especially after their close encounter with the Kraken. That's just classic Helck.

Those Tothman troublemakers quickly learned not to mess with Helck. He effortlessly swatted one of them into a wall like a fly. Helck was handling them like a pro until the king got a sudden power boost. It's unclear whether he's possessed or found some kind of powerful item, but it'll be intriguing to see how his new form matches up against Helck.

Sep 5, 2023 12:07 PM

Feb 2019
Lmao piwi asking to be handcuffed and being upset when they couldn’t find one to fit him had me dying. I love this little fella

So this world is actually really big. It seems like the demons haven’t done much exploring or venturing outside their own kingdom. If they’re back on the continent you’d think vamirio would know about this kingdom and the trothman, but she didn’t seem to know anything.

The trothman warriors suddenly getting power ups and taking down the kingdom seems suspiciously similar to the same ability the humans have gained. They must have similar origins. Even with that, Helck swatted them aside like flies. The king’s full power barrage doing nothing to Helck was funny as hell.

That powered up form looks like it could be somewhat of a problem, but we know Helck will get the job done in the end, just a matter of how long it takes. Really excited to learn more about what this ominous power really is though.
Marinate1016Sep 5, 2023 12:13 PM
Sep 5, 2023 12:23 PM

Jun 2017
When Vamirio came out of the water all dramatic and Helck was just there already, I died, it was perfect. LOL
Sep 5, 2023 12:25 PM

Jan 2023
The episode starts with quite the fight, which not only confirms how strong Helck is but also that Vermilio might have grown a little bit attached to him after all. Follows some real funny moments on the shore.
And then we get into what this episode is really about: the story of the little kingdom, its people and this 'barbarian' tribe who got very overpowered all of a sudden and took over them (hmm it reminds me of something, I wonder how it might be connected to the suddenly overpowered humans).

Overall, a pretty great episode, certainly intriguing, with lots of good action and a couple of very funny moments.
Sep 5, 2023 1:31 PM
Apr 2020
Solid episode
Had it's fun parts and got serious very quickly
Sep 5, 2023 1:33 PM
Apr 2020
MomoSinX said:
When Vamirio came out of the water all dramatic and Helck was just there already, I died, it was perfect. LOL

Hehe true
Also piwi being more upset about not getting shackles on than helck getting swept under water was hilarious too 🤣🤣
Sep 5, 2023 1:53 PM

May 2019
Vermilio cares more about Helck than even she probably realizes as was shown when she was upset when Helck was waiting for them on the island. Vermilio used Piwi instead of her own feelings to tell Helck to consider other people's feelings and not just run off. Btw, it was funny how Piwi and Helck wanted Vermilio to cross the Goal line and she obliged. Side note, I find it entertaining when Vermilio gets mad and goes on tirade.

When the cursed people mentioned that their enemies have powered up and the leader showed a transformation I couldn't help but think about the humans that have gone through their own transformation and I wonder if their origins are related, guessing we'll find out.
Sep 5, 2023 2:34 PM
Aug 2020
it was not bad

the fight are not that great but why not

otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 5, 2023 3:18 PM
Jun 2012
Goal! Then not so much goal...
Sep 5, 2023 3:34 PM

Dec 2013
They got me laughing pretty good when Anne from management was punching the ground full of regret only to show that she was actually frustrated about Helck arriving earlier, but it was genuinely impressive that the kraken or whatever received Helck punches and felt nothing, it seems the unknown word power levels are insane. So there is some sort of power or someone is awakening not only humans but other races as well.
Sep 5, 2023 4:50 PM

Sep 2020
Prefect timing and execution, I'm genuinely impressed.
Sep 5, 2023 5:36 PM

Jul 2008
This is getting good! Helck Go!!!
My candies:
Sep 5, 2023 6:23 PM
Veterinarian

Dec 2018
Piwi being hilarious 😂
Sep 5, 2023 7:03 PM
Nov 2020
DarkEmperor69 said:
Piwi being hilarious 😂

Omg I was laughing so much at this cute little guy!
Sep 5, 2023 7:10 PM
Dec 2021
Oh no, that left me wanting more! We'll just have to wait for next week :')
Sep 5, 2023 7:30 PM

Mar 2019
Helck looks like Conan in pants lol.👖
Sep 5, 2023 7:49 PM
May 2023
So glad this has a bunch more episodes. I really don't want to leave this world yet.
Sep 5, 2023 8:21 PM

Mar 2007
I don't know why but I ended up laughing a lot this episode.

• Helck, in true dumb jock super hero fashion, jumps on the Octopus and "ineffectively" battles it with his fists, then gets sucked into the Whirlpool
  • Anne makes it to the island, only to see Helck already there with the Goal Sign
  • Apparently after beating the Octopus, Helck had to swim to avoid the whirlpool, before he knew it he was at the Island!
  • Piwwi makes Anne go past the Goal sign, because you just need that Achievement Unlocked medal.
  • The skr... skor ... argh, the derp face aquatic llama is set free
  • Anne BERATES Helck for not returning to the boat or asking for help, projecting hard by claiming "Look at Piwi's worried face!" Riiight!
  • They are captured by weak local Orcs, who have been subjugated by "suddenly strong" Toosu-men, who attack
  • Helck and Vermilion team up! The animation is weak, but it's still satisfying to watch them plow thru the cannonfodder
  • There's a lot of comedic trash talking between the King and Helck as they fight
  • Just when we think Helck has won with a "not full powered" uppercut, the Toosu Men King goes full beast mode!

Actually am very please with the witty banter and the comedy. I wish the animation were better because this show deserves it and it would have made a huge difference to the viewership.
Sep 5, 2023 8:37 PM

Jul 2019
Bro really just bitch slapped those goblins. What.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 5, 2023 8:40 PM
Sep 2021
The bond is growing between Anne and Helck and she is also trusting Helck and also little by little she depends on him.
Sep 5, 2023 8:40 PM
Oct 2021
pretty solid ep rip kraken
Sep 5, 2023 9:20 PM

Jan 2011
Good episode but the animation was very shaky this episode. Very lame fights and it was very static.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 5, 2023 10:38 PM

Jun 2021
Looks like they can't go back from the Island anytime soon. But knowing Helck, he can handle the fight.
Sep 5, 2023 11:28 PM

Aug 2013
Helck too stronk.

Seemed to hint at the more specific background reason Helck's hatred for humans.

Maybe we'll see a more serious fighting Helck next episode.
LimiSep 6, 2023 7:58 AM
Sep 6, 2023 1:18 AM
Veterinarian

Dec 2018
Reply to Lightsrevenge
DarkEmperor69 said:
Piwi being hilarious 😂

Lightsrevenge said:
Yeah😂 I hope it gets more screentime.
Sep 6, 2023 2:01 AM
May 2022
Limi said:
Helck too stronk.

Seemed to shimmer through the more specific background reason Helck's hatred for humans.

Unless I missed something, I'm still waiting to find out what the humans did to Helck to make him wanna join the demons and fight against them.
Sep 6, 2023 2:17 AM

Dec 2018
Love the show, but these idiotic cliffhangers, only to be resolved in a couple minutes in the next episode are starting to get annoying.
Sep 6, 2023 3:55 AM
Dec 2021
fantastic episode. abel-ruffini theorem.
Sep 6, 2023 4:39 AM

Dec 2014
so Helck using a Nanomachines huh.....
Sep 6, 2023 6:17 AM

Jun 2016
I SWEAR TO THE GOD WHY THIS HIDDEN GEMSTONE SHOW SO UNDERRATED !!

much way better compared to other isekai !!!
Sep 6, 2023 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to Dan_ALves
Limi said:
Helck too stronk.

Seemed to shimmer through the more specific background reason Helck's hatred for humans.

Unless I missed something, I'm still waiting to find out what the humans did to Helck to make him wanna join the demons and fight against them.
@Dan_ALves Maybe I worded it unclearly. His reaction seemed to bolster the idea that he was used and backstabbed by the humans. As that was the case with the transmogrified people.
Sep 6, 2023 8:24 AM

Jul 2016
Helck has the aura of a disappointed dad the few times he actually gets mad. Kinda explains why he genuinely feels intimidating lol

Also, Vermillio reluctantly stomping to and from Helck's goal sign to satisfy Piwi was adorable.
Sep 6, 2023 1:54 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to MomoSinX
@MomoSinX I haven't laughed that hard in ages. Well played, Helck. Well played XD
Sep 6, 2023 1:59 PM
Dec 2020
Reply to Stormy_77
I don't know why but I ended up laughing a lot this episode.

• Helck, in true dumb jock super hero fashion, jumps on the Octopus and "ineffectively" battles it with his fists, then gets sucked into the Whirlpool
  • Anne makes it to the island, only to see Helck already there with the Goal Sign
  • Apparently after beating the Octopus, Helck had to swim to avoid the whirlpool, before he knew it he was at the Island!
  • Piwwi makes Anne go past the Goal sign, because you just need that Achievement Unlocked medal.
  • The skr... skor ... argh, the derp face aquatic llama is set free
  • Anne BERATES Helck for not returning to the boat or asking for help, projecting hard by claiming "Look at Piwi's worried face!" Riiight!
  • They are captured by weak local Orcs, who have been subjugated by "suddenly strong" Toosu-men, who attack
  • Helck and Vermilion team up! The animation is weak, but it's still satisfying to watch them plow thru the cannonfodder
  • There's a lot of comedic trash talking between the King and Helck as they fight
  • Just when we think Helck has won with a "not full powered" uppercut, the Toosu Men King goes full beast mode!

Actually am very please with the witty banter and the comedy. I wish the animation were better because this show deserves it and it would have made a huge difference to the viewership.
Stormy_77 said:
Anne BERATES Helck for not returning to the boat or asking for help, projecting hard by claiming "Look at Piwi's worried face!" Riiight!

And then Piwi tries their best to make a worried face. Piwi understood the assignment. Best wingman ever.

"Wingman" hehe... cause wings...
Sep 6, 2023 3:01 PM
May 2022
Reply to Limi
@Dan_ALves Maybe I worded it unclearly. His reaction seemed to bolster the idea that he was used and backstabbed by the humans. As that was the case with the transmogrified people.
@Limi Oh, ok. I thought something different. In fact, those trolls went through some kind of metamorphosis that made them stronger and able to conquer that Kingdom, the same the humans went through to be turned in those winged beings and start attacking the Demon Realm. Maybe he saw the parallels and made him more angry.
In any case, I really want to know specifics about his past. I hope we get there soon, especially after that witch told Vermillio that he´s basically a ticking time bom.
Sep 6, 2023 3:26 PM
May 2022
Wasn’t a whole lot of action in previous episodes so it wasn’t as noticeable. But the animation felt weak this episode. Feeling a bit concerned on that front
Sep 6, 2023 7:16 PM
Aug 2021
Yesss, Piwi moments in this episode. They got arrested (Helck and Vamiro). Cliffhanger again. Looking forward to the next episode.
Sep 6, 2023 7:31 PM
Jul 2020
Wow, the direction is somehow getting A LOT better these past few episodes.

I guess episodes 4 and 5 were just “accidents” on how bad they were technically wise.

But things have been pretty fine since they got in the island.

This is good. I’m liking it.

Animation is still rough, but I guess at least they’re TRYING now.
Isekai-EnjoyerSep 6, 2023 7:49 PM
Sep 6, 2023 9:00 PM

Mar 2007
Reply to B3RyL01
Stormy_77 said:
Anne BERATES Helck for not returning to the boat or asking for help, projecting hard by claiming "Look at Piwi's worried face!" Riiight!

And then Piwi tries their best to make a worried face. Piwi understood the assignment. Best wingman ever.

"Wingman" hehe... cause wings...
@B3RyL01 Haha great pun! I liked how Piwi actually tried to do the worried face, it was funny.

IDK why Helck isn't "popular" on MAL, (like on Reddit) because the show is good, except for the lack of animation budget. I'm enjoying watching this every week.
Sep 6, 2023 11:20 PM

Mar 2008
That king is hopped up on some magical steroids lol
Sep 7, 2023 7:44 AM

Oct 2017
I'm quite sure this is also somehow related to the humans hero powers. Helck is a literal wall, dude didn't feel a thing taking those hits.
Sep 7, 2023 12:17 PM

Aug 2023
Haha that goal bit at the beginning was pretty funny XD
Sep 7, 2023 12:31 PM
Mar 2015
Now that is a power up
Sep 8, 2023 4:08 PM

Oct 2018
Ngl, I am not seeing enough reasons to continue this.
Sep 8, 2023 7:52 PM

Dec 2016
Ugh, this show never stops to impress me on how mediocre everything is presented. From the most cardboard boring fights (both the huge octopus and these wannabe orcs) to piss poor introduction of new races and kingdoms along with Helck's cringe and unfunny comedic bits.

We're almost close to the mid point of the series, and Helck remains the least developed. It's impossible to care for such a bad meme cartoon that his only personality consists on being a goodie two shoes because bad guys did something awful in his past life with his own kind.
Sep 8, 2023 10:29 PM
May 2022
I do like the episodes but yea, the cliffhangers sometimes...
Sep 9, 2023 5:35 AM
No.1 Rias Lover

Feb 2021
Piwi was amazing this episode. I hope this fluffball stays with us to the very end.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Helck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

95 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2023

47 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2023

64 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2023

41 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2023

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Yesterday, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.