Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 27, 2023 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Very impressive way of preparing fish...

Senku once again use his scientific mind to make a sonar to get to the bottom of their latest case. Science at its finest if you ask me. I also love how everyone and their community work like a team. This episode had so much charisma tbh. I'm also quite impressed how they managed to keep up this level of momentum. 
Apr 27, 2023 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Senku and Co. getting blasted by the mysterious "Why" that doesn't sound a bit like an SOS, and a meeting is adjourned of the Kingdom of Science's generals to discern their movement on this.

Except Chrome, Senku, Ryusui, Gen and Ukyo understood the gravity of that call, because that sounded like the call from the mastermind of the petrification of 3700 years ago. It's either friend or foe, and for now, this unidentified enemy should've thrown them into a tailspin, but no challenge is too small for Senku, for the creation of fluorescent paint by using a flask and powdered minerals, it becomes a mini CRT that's widely used in the olden days. Add that with crystals, and the rays form a perpendicular straight line, which to get the vertical line, it's sandwiching the antenna with a tuning fork, and the whole thing is quite the radar and sonar creation. Other than tracking Why-Man, it's also used to detect fish for food, and they're well on their way for more with the eyes of science.

In a way, Why-Man also progressed the Kingdom of Science one step closer to the reasons of the petrification, and more elegant food thanks to Francois. Ginro and Chrome having their alternate thinking ideas on the pervertic and scientific areas respectively, this is going towards the Industrial Revolution style, with Chrome using radar to go back to the bald mountain where they discovered lightning together to find more iron from the coil acting as an electromagnetic metal detector, thereby forming an iron mine. But you can't have people carrying iron out like other resources, and obviously, the mine cart is next in line under the craft team's leader Kaseki's command to create a supply chain distribution network, and with the oil and gravel, comes road-paving using created asphalt to cover the uneven bumps on the short road.

The road to empire-building is well in progress, and the road to Why-Man is steadily becoming shorter and shorter. Great progress!
Apr 27, 2023 8:02 AM

Feb 2021
This anime really makes me look at everything we have right now in a new way. It's so moving everytime they make something new.
Let's gooo Chrome! I love him
The preview screen changed! It's a screen with a filter now! So cool
EmbientApr 27, 2023 8:34 AM
Apr 27, 2023 8:27 AM
Jun 2019
This show is just too good but the only thing I always wonder is as to if those things are really that easy to acquire as it's being shown in the anime and moreover I'm learning soo much more than what my school taught me.
Apr 27, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2009
they are now in the industrial age so cannot wait for the computer and internet age
Apr 27, 2023 8:55 AM
Sep 2021
Chrome only loved science because he is learning science practically instead of learning through books
Apr 27, 2023 8:55 AM

Apr 2023
Gorilla team is the best, they're so wholesome and powerful

Apr 27, 2023 9:00 AM
May 2021
Mad how quickly they r making new technology, peak stone.
Apr 27, 2023 9:03 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So not only did Senku developed Sonar/Radar, but The Kingdom of Science has discovered a mine and developed a robust distribution network of supplying more materials in a short amount of time.
Apr 27, 2023 9:05 AM
Sep 2015
Truly epic even without a single fight, just pure (re)discovery.
Apr 27, 2023 9:18 AM

May 2020
This series never fails to captivate. From learning about radars, sonar to iron ore deposits.. it's everything from classical to modern physics here.

Chrome impressed me the most. Dude may not be a know-it-all like Senku but he's second to no one when it comes to the application of things practically. Another good episode.
Apr 27, 2023 9:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They're really griding for all the inventions even the electronic ones, sonar etc is OP. Also Chrome is doing well finding that iron ore mine and now they have a whole logistic route to transport and deliver every resource, I got a lot of Satisfactory vibes from this
Apr 27, 2023 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
One of the biggest obstacles standing in the way of Senku’s goals is being able to quickly get materials from one location to the next. A supply line is critical for that and now we’ve got that established. Enjoyed learning about iron ore deposits and other minerals
Apr 27, 2023 9:49 AM

Jan 2018
So the "Why" man didn’t say anything more than that huh. Makes him even more mysterious. I like his name "Why-Man" though.

I might be in the minority on this but I'm not a huge fan of how Senku and the others are basically speedrunning their inventions recently. I know it has been happening for a while now but this episode was an extreme example with how many inventions and technological breakthroughs they made in such a short period of time.

In Season 1 each of the inventions felt very significant because of how they were built up and how much time was dedicated to them. I know it’s not possible to give the same feel to every invention but speedrunning it feels like rushing the story too much.

Like I get the reason is they acquired oil and they have the manpower to do this. But I feel like if they spread out the events of this episode in 2 or 3 episodes it would've been more exciting to watch.

I guess my main issue with the series now is the pacing.
Apr 27, 2023 9:59 AM

Dec 2020
Chrome with his application skills. Another good episode. 
Apr 27, 2023 10:00 AM

Nov 2016
W for Chrome and we made a huge step in puncto infrastructure. Another fun episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 27, 2023 10:13 AM
Mar 2023
5 out of 5 : What an amazing episode
This is amazing than science chapters ❤
Apr 27, 2023 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
Blank1636 said:
This show is just too good but the only thing I always wonder is as to if those things are really that easy to acquire as it's being shown in the anime and moreover I'm learning soo much more than what my school taught me.
Stay in school bro...This anime waters down the true tech and refining processes.
Apr 27, 2023 10:19 AM
Apr 2023
plot twist finally senku talked with the main villain through code
Apr 27, 2023 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
hridoyanto said:
plot twist finally senku talked with the main villain through code
Im convinced the villain is AI. Science led to this event and science will save them :D
Apr 27, 2023 10:23 AM

Dec 2020
That’s very impressive they made a sort of radar and now they have fish thank goodness they have francois lol.
Chrome has really improved himself that he found iron and now they have a mine and a lore nice.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 27, 2023 10:35 AM

Jun 2009
0451 said:
In Season 1 each of the inventions felt very significant because of how they were built up and how much time was dedicated to them. I know it’s not possible to give the same feel to every invention but speedrunning it feels like rushing the story too much.
I feel like this might be the point.
As our understanding of the world and resource base improves, new advancements come faster and easier...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Apr 27, 2023 11:11 AM
Jul 2021
I actually love the pacing of this show, it never feels too slow or too fast, just about perfect.
Apr 27, 2023 12:55 PM

Feb 2012
CRT already, and now they got radar for detecting the potential WHY-man and fish.
Of the generals, the cleverest people in the Kingdom of Science, only Chrome was born after the petrification. An absolute testament to his genius as he had to catch up to the rest. I genuinely felt proud for Chrome when he used Senku's radar to find an iron deposit. He knows the land and built something new off of his own and others' research.

So no Japanese rail network just yet, but Kaseki did build the mine a cart system with rails. Outside they are being resourceful by using the waste bitumen from refining oil to make asphalt. Senku's comment about gravel just shows we still rely on stone in the modern world.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 27, 2023 1:10 PM

Feb 2014
I do find the name for the mysterious voice "Why-Man" to be rather amusing. XD

While the origins of Why-Man remains a mystery for now, the advancement of new equipment were achieved at a pretty fast rate. Getting a radar was already a big gain for the main group which makes catching fish and spotting other abnormalities easier, but Chrome using the radar to find an iron ore deposit in the Bald Mountain, which led to the creation of a mine, was another huge gain.

Add in the creation of an asphalt road to make driving the supplies between the mine towards the boat by the ocean to take it back to base is already many massive steps towards even more impressive goals being met. Same goes for making a mine cart which speeds up getting the mine ore out faster, which Senku's group had fun riding all the way down the mine itself. =)

Once again, this episode was great fun and I look forward to seeing more creations as the group head closer towards making the ship needed to take them across to the other side of the planet.
Apr 27, 2023 1:25 PM
Oct 2016
Really big ships need really big machinery powering them. Sails alone aren't gonna cut if they want to get to South America fast and efficient. Once you're making machinery like that you've gone beyond something humans can make by hand. You need industrial level manufacturing metal. Those gigantic ship engines are no joke huge and need big parts. I love how this show continues to show the big improvements the group makes. They've gotten to the point of industrial technology which is very impressive. I'm glad that Kaseki is happy to make all those parts because they will need a lot. This problem arises in the need for more iron to make the steel needed for there ship engines. Leave it to Chrome thinking outside the box even compared to Senku. Great to see him using the newly made radar as a metal detector. While others thought dirty of a radar that can see through things Chrome thought of how to use it for the kingdom's betterment. Which it was great to also see Senku make radar and sonar, which helps even more since Ukyo was a military sonar technician. Finding whomever sent that why message on repeat should be much easier to find now, and the ship is getting closer to being operational.
Apr 27, 2023 1:28 PM
Feb 2021
i really fw thisa shit man...
Apr 27, 2023 2:33 PM

Jul 2016
Chrome shining once again. Absolutely love this man.
Apr 27, 2023 2:57 PM
Sep 2015
I swear every episode this season has been 1/3 recap. Why. Why. Why.
Apr 27, 2023 2:59 PM
Oct 2021
dr stone makes me happy 😭 i finish every episode thinking
1. i love this
2. wtf that was so short

some people complaining that they get things too quick and easy, sure because they have a 10+ year long episode to show us everything and shi💀
Apr 27, 2023 4:09 PM
May 2022
Ahh another amazing episode 8/10
the "why man" just decided to shut up after senkus somewhat of a rant which was quite funny and contributed to his mysteriousness as well. Achieved a sonar radar minecrarts roads in one episode sheesh idk if its fast paced but damn each ep is just full of so much that it felels short cant wait for the next one!!!
Apr 27, 2023 4:09 PM
Aug 2020
It was really fun to watch, to see them evolving again and again.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 27, 2023 4:51 PM
Apr 2021
I love how they’re acquiring everything at such a fast pace these niggas already at the Industrial Age😭😭😭😭
Apr 27, 2023 6:36 PM
Nov 2019
Looks like we have to wait a little longer for this Why-man. Gen shouting "we're at roads now?" is basically how i felt watching that scene.
Apr 27, 2023 6:44 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
In now pursuit of Whyman, whether friend or foe, lots of developments got carried out. The radar, the sonar, the cathodic tube, the metal detector, the minecart and the road. This truly is industrial era level of inventions and next up is the ship.

I truly like how far Chrome reaches with his discoveries considring where he came from.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 27, 2023 6:49 PM
Mar 2023
YABEEEEEE! What a badass 🧐 scientists and scientists welcome to the fourth chapter! Enjoy it 10 billion percent 🗿
Apr 27, 2023 6:52 PM
Sep 2022
Empire Building, Nice.
Apr 27, 2023 7:12 PM
Dec 2019
Chrome is MVP of this episode by making the metal detector. The Kingdom of Science is advancing quickly now that they got oil.
Apr 27, 2023 7:49 PM

Feb 2021
It's gonna be hilarious if they got off from the line when using mine cart XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 27, 2023 7:55 PM
Apr 2023
I learned a lot again in this episode. It is always fun to watch a Dr. Stone episode. Looks like they really are in full blast towards industrialization, with them finding fossil fuel and their need for steel. I guess the only problem they will have to face soon is population. They will need people for labor, military might and other matters, specially that they are only in the hundreds. I wonder how the next 7 episodes will turn out next.
Apr 27, 2023 8:06 PM

Mar 2023
Im gonna be honest by the rate of how fast they are going with reinventing everything they need I am seriously gonna miss the old primitive ways that Senku and the others had to challenge and conquer with the power of science. Although its awesome that they already got a Radar and a full working Mineshaft, it will be a shame that it wont be much of a stone world anymore.
My Candys!

Apr 27, 2023 8:18 PM
May 2017
Decent episode

3/5
Apr 27, 2023 10:56 PM
Oct 2019
so much progress...

Thank you Why-Man lol
Apr 27, 2023 11:03 PM
Jun 2021
Chrome discovering something new was epic and the definition of creating an Empire without having fun by Ryusui 
Apr 27, 2023 11:03 PM

Oct 2016
They really are rushing the show. Nothing makes sense anymore, wtf happened?
Apr 28, 2023 12:30 AM
Aug 2021
New invention and new innovation made by them – mining carts genuinely effective for them.
Apr 28, 2023 2:04 AM

Sep 2013
Man that episode was so fun, got me smiling all the way
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 28, 2023 6:24 AM
Feb 2022
deg said:
they are now in the industrial age so cannot wait for the computer and internet age

tbh they are all over the place. they made telephones before they discovered farming
Apr 28, 2023 6:35 AM

Nov 2013
Show just keeps getting better and better. Reminder of why Chrome is the best character, takes what he knows about the world and science and reaches new conclusion on his own. Senku just has book smarts given to him by other people.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Apr 28, 2023 6:44 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We’re really moving now, it’s like Senku said, once oil comes into the picture the development really takes liftoff, it’s a bit fast paced but it makes sense giving the morale and a clear goal. It was really cool seeing them make a radar with the preface of finding the “Why Man” but then end up using it for way more like catching a lot of fish and mining for iron. And once the iron deposit was discovered it was an entirely different ballgame.

Since we need iron for the ship’s engines they need a lot of it and an efficient way to transport it, which came a slew of different additions to this stone world like a whole ass mine including mine carts and mining machinery, as well as the first paved roads of the stone world lol, really loved seeing the stronger characters go crazy with it. And with that we’re well on our way to finishing the ship, which looks like is a possibility next episode with the title it has. Really looking forward to seeing it!
TheColonel76Apr 28, 2023 6:47 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2023

188 by profesor_0 »»
Yesterday, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2023

95 by Kotoseru »»
Aug 9, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2023

98 by BlueSnow93 »»
Jul 19, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2023

194 by bikerswan »»
Jul 3, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone: New World Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2023

150 by santiagoasa »»
Jun 9, 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.