Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2023 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
This was one more chance for Ann to prove herself this season. She's come so far...

On the other hand, I'm kinda surprised that Shall kissed Bridget in the finale. Wasn't expecting to see that. Yet after all this, it was at least emotional to see her reunite with Shall and share a moment with him one last time. Their relationship has been complex but it felt like they built a connection throughout each episode to now. 

Season 2 is airing in July.
Stark700Mar 24, 2023 7:04 AM

Jul 2017
The Sugar Confectionary Exhibition is coming, yet Anne and Jonas's booting out of the Radcliffe Workshop came at the worst possible time.

Anne is once again put in a state of jeopardy for her sugar swapped for the Workshop's mass-produced sugar thanks to Mithril's taste-testing, and despite Jonas having nowhere else to go, the culprit this time is clearly Sammy and his goons, but Challe, Kat and Kieth need hard evidence, and this comes from Bridget herself, which her self-entitlement stops the group from getting any potential clues. Kieth was about to make the hidden case public towards Anne, but it's the letter to the Silver Sugar Viscount that brews accusations that people like Kieth and Mithril only know that it's their end game if exposed in public, and sure it did, making her unqualified.

Despite having an affection for Challe, he's not here to entertain any of her BS, and Bridget makes it clear that she'll go to the extreme lengths just to make Challe hers by trading his wing and freedom for answers. This is the 2nd time that King Edmond the II is facing Anne again, and he makes it clear to get her own processed sugar in order to be qualified. Despite that, her most refined and exquisite sugar confection that's put to the test with the fairy Clifford testing of the silver sugar refinement to prove her innocence, and Bridget finally comes out talking to prove Sammy wrong, just like how Jonas accused her the first time to no avail.

With that out of the way, it's finally time for the Sugar Confectionary Exhibition, and Kieth's sugar confection of Challe's imitation impresses, but it's not enough to beat Anne's. Anne finally claiming the Silver Sugar Master title but losing Challe to Bridget in the process for exposing Sammy's crimes, his mission is technically over. The true heart of his says he doesn't want to let go of Anne, but circumstances forced him to be this way: the price of freedom.

An abrupt ending...to a Season 2? Seems kinda a write-off though...
KANLen09Mar 24, 2023 6:49 AM

Feb 2018
Jonas met Ann at a bar. Ann thanked to Jonas for helping her before. Ann ask about Jonas next plan but Jonas refuses to tell her. Elliot really did his job, with Ann's topic they finally opened the door. Ann really doubted Lilpoth about Shall. Ann didn't understand what Shall was doing. It was the last show as Silver Sugar. It was really an announcement that surprised people.

It was beautiful rose flower + Shall silver sugar ooomaga and somehow I don't understand this storyline anymore, oishii oishiii....even until the end I regret watching this anime, what a boring episode. It's all about Ann and fairy wings, 12 episode for a kiss ending 1/10

Bridget and Shall Ending

Mar 24, 2023 6:12 AM
Aug 2022
OMG FIRST OF...NOOOOOOO!
SECONDLY, THERE BETTER BE A SECOND SEASON!!
We got the kiss...but it WASN'T WITH ANNE!
He sold his goddamn FREEDOM for her, THEY DESERVE TO BE 2GETHER!
Man I'm crying!
I did like the episode even if i wish the ending had been different.
This is JUST NOT FAIRRR!!!
Mar 24, 2023 6:28 AM
Sep 2015
It look like the story will continue in season 2 but there's no announcement (yet?), though I'm not sure if I'll watch it or not, we already have happy ending here with no cliffhanger so there's no reason to continue the story.
Mar 24, 2023 6:35 AM
Jul 2021
wth is this ending. how cruel of them to end it with this cliffhanger! as if they forgot shoujo hardly ever get sequels.. just pain...
Mar 24, 2023 6:50 AM

Dec 2009
Holy crap, that was abrupt!
Not cool. Not cool at all.
Mar 24, 2023 6:59 AM
Jun 2020
it really ended at that.... at that!!??
"I won, but at what cost?"

Shall wanting to find Ann's missing silver sugar end up needing the help of that stinkin' Bridget bitch.... and she made Shall hers.. bitch

ending with a cliffhanger without knowing when will we get a season 2 is so not right.
8/10

edit: nvm season 2 airs in July. we good now
Hiruuu_Mar 24, 2023 7:20 AM
Mar 24, 2023 7:02 AM
Apr 2020
why did anne keep suffering until the end and now that bridget took challe away from her "( desperately need some spoiler since it is originally from novel
Mar 24, 2023 7:03 AM

Apr 2021
phantomfandom said:
It look like the story will continue in season 2 but there's no announcement (yet?), though I'm not sure if I'll watch it or not, we already have happy ending here with no cliffhanger so there's no reason to continue the story.

What? Did we watch the same show? Yes Anne achieved her goal but there is a huge cliffhanger in terms of Challe and Anne’s relationship. How is Anne sadly calling out for Challe as he leaves with that awful woman a happy ending?
Mar 24, 2023 7:04 AM

Dec 2022
it was very saddening to see challe leave anne alone this needs a season 2 where challe comes back to anne but i am fine with leaving things here
Mar 24, 2023 7:10 AM
Sep 2015
SafetyInLetters said:
phantomfandom said:

What? Did we watch the same show? Yes Anne achieved her goal but there is a huge cliffhanger in terms of Challe and Anne’s relationship. How is Anne sadly calling out for Challe as he leaves with that awful woman a happy ending?
Oh, I completely forget about this aspect. Anyway, the season 2 is officially announced with plan to broadcast in July.
Mar 24, 2023 7:13 AM

Mar 2018
For one, for how fast these guys were to boo of Anne, they sure quickly turned it around and cheered for her. Doesn't make much sense..

Strange ending as well.. I guess S2 will pick it up but it feels so weird.
Mar 24, 2023 7:18 AM
Mar 2023
Dat ending tho. High expectation for season 2
Mar 24, 2023 7:21 AM

Apr 2014
even know what is the worst between a filthy workshop, trashy apprentice, foolish master, or that fk super selfish Bitchget. tbh, She was acting like a horny woman in prostitution.
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 24, 2023 7:26 AM
Sep 2021
It was overall a decent season, anne successfully achieved her dream but lost challe in the process, how will she get him back let's see in the next season.
Mar 24, 2023 7:28 AM

Feb 2019
Man this show and all the characters in it give me a Fucking headache. Why is everyone so dumb. Like why would the king and sugar viscount doubt Anne’s talent when they’ve seen it on display before? She’d have no reason to lie or try to enter the contest without having crafted her own silver sugar.

The old man is just unnecessarily rude when Keith tries to explain as well. Then the workshop owner still refuses to believe that his nephew did it even when Anne would have no reason to lie??

Also if that was really gonna be the last time Challe saw Anne why not just be direct instead of leaving her to wonder what she could’ve done to make you leave?

I love the show, love shoujo romance etc., but the choices characters make in this series are frustratingly stupid.

Crazy cliffhanger to leave off on, no doubt a second season is coming and I’ll be sure to read the books as soon as I clear my currently LN backlog.
Marinate1016Mar 24, 2023 7:33 AM
Mar 24, 2023 7:31 AM

Nov 2010
Compared to "7 seeds", it's a one million times better way to conclude season one.
Mar 24, 2023 7:36 AM

Feb 2021
The characters on this show act really dumb most of the time.

Specially the antagonists, like Sammy is just such a cliche stupid character, he served no purpose but to add drama to the final episode...

Challe sacrificing himself could have been avoided too, if he'd simply went after Sammy's barrel they could have proven that it was stolen...

Mar 24, 2023 7:37 AM
May 2021
You think that with a fairy to tell the difference in taste for the silver sugar, they could’ve used that fairy when Jonas stole Anne’s sugar candy. But if they did that, the series would be over quickly.
Mar 24, 2023 7:41 AM
Feb 2016
They butchered this series with all that drama. You can't have 10 minutes of episode without it. What's more, it's on par with 13-old writing. Biggest let down of this season for sure.

Mar 24, 2023 7:44 AM

Jun 2017
Pretty upsetting episode, quite the downer. I did enjoy this series, even if much of the supporting cast was not very good. Definitely going to watch S2.
Signature.
Mar 24, 2023 7:57 AM

May 2015
So much drama, poor Anne, she always gets the worst of luck. But I'm glad she at least achieved her goal. Good to know there'll be a 2 season, it will probably focus more on romance side of drama.

Actually, I'm not really upset with the way Challe handled it, I think he won't have much trouble taking the wing back, it was his goal with Anne in the first place, when she bought him, so I don't see how Bridget would be any more challenging for him to do so.

Also, Anne's sugar piece was really beautiful!
Mar 24, 2023 8:01 AM
May 2021
really didn't like this ending. anne had been suffering episode after episode, and then they end off the season by taking away the most important person to her? i absolutely cannot stand bridget. she's the perfect example of a trash human being with no moral code. she not only took challe away from anne-and effectively her happiness-but she stole the first kiss.

beyond bridget making me absolutely fume, there are definitely other characters that anger me as well. more specifically, the choices some characters make just frustrate me to no end. how nobody at the fair believed anne despite seeing her skills before. how the head of the workshop refused to believe anne and when exposed, tried to save his own name. how challe gives away his wing. yes it was for anne, but she'd be happier with challe and without the title, than with the title and without challe. also how challe doesn't explicitly tell her how he feels and what's happening before he goes, leaving her to wonder what she did wrong to make him not want to be by her side any longer.

season 2 airing in july, and if that doesn't get a happy ending i might actually lose my mind. i absolutely am one to rank animes based on feelings rather than overall production and execution though, and this episode definitely knocked my rating down some.
My 2023 candies:
Mar 24, 2023 8:03 AM

Jul 2011
All this Silver Sugar quality assessment, makes want to meet a sugar expert. That felt like a those drug buy scenes in movies. "That's the good stuff."

Shall making a deal with the devil.

Was a dramatic end for a dramatic anime. I like it.

Now wait 3 months.
Mar 24, 2023 8:05 AM

Apr 2018
The NTR ending. T_T
喜べ少年
君の願いはようやく叶う。
YOROKOBE SHOUNEN, KIMI no NEGAI wa youyaku KANAU.
Rejoice, your wish will be finally granted.
"THE RATE UP IS A LIE!"
Mar 24, 2023 8:19 AM
Oct 2021
Dark_flamingo__ said:
OMG FIRST OF...NOOOOOOO!
SECONDLY, THERE BETTER BE A SECOND SEASON!!
We got the kiss...but it WASN'T WITH ANNE!
He sold his goddamn FREEDOM for her, THEY DESERVE TO BE 2GETHER!
Man I'm crying!
I did like the episode even if i wish the ending had been different.
This is JUST NOT FAIRRR!!!

I so totally agree.
Mar 24, 2023 8:21 AM
Oct 2021
phantomfandom said:

what do you mean, we have a happy ending? no no no! not with Challe losing his freedom and having to leave like that.
Mar 24, 2023 8:24 AM

Apr 2019
This show is basically the anime version of a cheap soap opera, all the drama is forced, the problems come out of nowhere and the villains are always succeeding even in cases when they shouldn't

In this episode unlike every other one suddenly multiple people, even a higher up like cat, wants to help Anne, so all this time all the good guys could've helped Anne but didn't, for some reason

Once again forced drama out of nowhere, this time Anne's sugar was robbed while no one noticed because sure, Anne being surrounded by people that tried to permanently damage her hands is not an indicator that maybe she should have very very close both her confection and her sugar so no one can create her problems but no, apparently not her, not Mythrill, not even Shall thought about something they should've already learned after like the 5th time something like this has happened

Then there is Shall and Bridget's deal, does that kingdom have no laws or something? Bridget admitted in front of multiple people to knowing the culprit and where the evidence was and openly stated to not wanting to say it, can't they bring that up to the king's guards or someone as proof that something happened there? Can't they prosecute Bridget for not confessing a crime? Are there really no laws whatsoever?

And finally Shall's kiss with Bridget, Shall has shown his upset and disgust faces in the past but nothing this time when kissing what he probably considers an enemy, sure

Only saving aspect about this anime is it's artstyle which makes even more disappointing the poor writing of the show
Mar 24, 2023 8:27 AM
Oct 2021
phantomfandom said:
SafetyInLetters said:

Oh, I completely forget about this aspect. Anyway, the season 2 is officially announced with plan to broadcast in July.

I did not like the end either. I hope it continues soon. Challe having to leave Anne definitely needs to be straightened out. Bridget needs to see what she's done and give Challe back his wing so he can go to Anne, then it can be a happy end when he kisses her.
Mar 24, 2023 8:36 AM
Jul 2015
This title really embraces what was the classical feeling of shoujo anime from the 70s until mid 80s and it’s a bit disappointing to see it doesn’t have the appreciation it deserves. It provoked me a wild range of feelings like no other series in this season. But also gave me a lot to think about the situation of many women around the world that are targets of envy, jealousy or even hate for their talent. I’m eagerly expecting the following season.
Mar 24, 2023 8:42 AM
Jul 2017
Imma be honest I hated this episode, it's cool that we're getting a season 2 but there was no reason for this bs cliffhanger ending, as much as I love this show I honestly don't know if I can sit through another season of this
Mar 24, 2023 8:49 AM
Oct 2021
I’m going to throw Bridget out of a window
Mar 24, 2023 8:52 AM

Apr 2010
Uh... Challe is goint to get r*ped by that girl...
Mar 24, 2023 9:27 AM
May 2022
Just one word for this eps:

WTF

Watch this for fluff, get angst instead, nice.
Mar 24, 2023 9:49 AM

Apr 2007
Anne finally got what she wanted, but at a high price.

I didn't know about the second season so I was initially very upset with how it ended. You can't end a show on a cliffhanger like that. I'll still watch the second half despite all the stupid melodrama :v
Mar 24, 2023 10:14 AM

Mar 2012
Honestly, I didn't like this anime for the first few episodes but it really grew on me later. Such a sad way to conclude S1 but I'm really happy that S2 has been announced. This reminded me of a similar scenario in another series but since there's only one couple from the beginning I'm sure there won't be any stupid asspull moves unlike how shitty the other one got, at least I hope so. Looking forward to S2.
Mar 24, 2023 10:23 AM
Mar 2022
From Farming Life In Another World which was really relaxing to this one who was really nerve wracking from start to finish. Poor Anne just getting F-ed by everyone.

If part 2 will be anything like this I'm just gonna skip it, I don't need anymore butts screwing over a girl who just wants to accomplish her dream and send her mother to heaven
Mar 24, 2023 10:30 AM

Jul 2019
What an ending! While I'm happy Anne finally managed to fulfill her dream, I'm just sad Challe had to give up his freedom for that to happen. Talk about unfair life, though I dearly hope in the second season those two get each other. (Otherwise, it would be too sad.)
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Mar 24, 2023 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
i hope part 2 is just bridgett getting tortured lmfao
Mar 24, 2023 10:36 AM

Aug 2019
I can't believe how fast this episode went by 0_o I feel like I sat down to watch this like 5 minutes ago.

Bridget deserves to get fucked up in the next season. I'm happy Sammy got screwed over, but now Bridget seriously deserves it.

Overall this show was very different from what I was expecting near the start. It had a lot of sweet, cute and wholesome moments. And we got to see Ann fend for herself in multiple parts which was pretty cool. And man to end this season with her getting the medal she's been chasing, but to lose Challe in the process? ;_;

I wasn't expecting a second season but I'm looking forward to it!
Mar 24, 2023 10:37 AM

Aug 2019
Black-Seed said:
wth is this ending. how cruel of them to end it with this cliffhanger! as if they forgot shoujo hardly ever get sequels.. just pain...
Isn't it already confirmed that we're getting a second season?
Mar 24, 2023 10:39 AM

Aug 2019
ashikyu said:
i hope part 2 is just bridgett getting tortured lmfao
Lol yup, we need that
Mar 24, 2023 11:29 AM
Jun 2008
Don't get me wrong I am not rating the episode these how I felt after that ending.
Mar 24, 2023 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
... can't Ann be happy and have a moment of peace for like 5 minutes? Jonas got completely screwed over even if this time it wasn't his fault but I'm mostly glad that Keith, at least until the end of S1, ended up being the only decent male in the show and the other one being the woman from the inn, not even females on that world are any good with Bridget being a complete spoiled shit. Looking forward to Season 2.
Mar 24, 2023 12:21 PM

Sep 2015
Blondies in this anime are shallow bastards. I've never hated an anime character more than Bridget

“Now I have neither happiness nor unhappiness.

Everything passes.

That is the one and only thing that I have thought resembled a truth in the society of human beings where I have dwelled up to now as in a burning hell.

Everything passes.”
― Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human
Mar 24, 2023 12:33 PM

Apr 2014
Why does Bridget want Challe so much? Is it because he's beautiful? Is there no human noble up to her standards? 
Jesus... She annoys me so much. I hope she realizes that she cannot bend Challe's will and lets him go. 
Mar 24, 2023 12:41 PM

Sep 2020
I did really enjoy this show, but the stupid Melodrama between the main two is so stupid, I also feel like Anne’s character got ruined for it. At the start she seemed like a strong, independent women with a feisty personality. Now she is just a damsel in distress the whole time…

And what is up with Julius’ character, he tries to kill her himself but then saves her? I don’t get this show.

The start was really good and I also like the story and animation.

5/10 show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2023 1:25 PM

Jan 2022
At last, the dream of Anne Halford to become a Silver Sugar Master has finally been achieved, it was filled with harduous parts, and a lot of people threatening her and her dream. As she was living the perfect fairy tale, she understood how malicious people never stops to be, and Challe was obligated to sacrifice himself as a fairy slave so that her beloved, Anne, could reach her dream. Poetic, a true sign of live, yet, the drama never stops in this anime. I will be very excited to see the part 2, to see what will happens, and if they can live an happy fairy tale in the end.
I like everything, ok
Mar 24, 2023 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
Feels bad man. 

Came here for a good time, got insufferable characters and bad feels.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

89 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

127 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zaxphred - Jan 27, 2023

87 by CarbonMD »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.