Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spy Classroom (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2023 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, a spy should have a lot of variety of skills so stealing isn't that much of a surprise. Luckily, this episode gave them the chance to use such a skill as a mission.

Siblyia also stepped it up this episode as a spotllight. Feels like this anime is taking every advantage of the spy themes. With every episode, it looks like they're learning something.
Stark700Feb 9, 2023 6:31 AM
Feb 9, 2023 6:47 AM

Apr 2016
Uhh, okay ... i guess we just accepted the fact that this whole thing is now about trying to outsmart/kill our spy teacher, and each episode from now on will be one or more attempts of that, with some pillow girl bonding talk during the night.

And, its really funny, you see ... some random ten years or so old girl is better spy than half of the main cast, lmao.
Feb 9, 2023 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
From what I've watched Lily until now, she is literally Aqua. Nice job Ten-chan.
I hope this episode will be the last filler-esque episode and we'll be back on track with the actual content from the second volume in the next episode.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 9, 2023 7:23 AM

Jul 2017
Wait, why are we still in flashback territory?

Lamplight still at their pre-Impossible Mission phase to still throw their teacher Klaus off, one girl at a time, and this time it's Sybllia's turn to stalk him, with Lily just casually being there as an unnecessary safeguard. Saving him from a potential young pickpocket, and Klaus's assessment of Sybllia is the same as per the rest, only realizing that this young pickpocket Finé has some hidden injuries worth inspecting.

So then, it's teacher and student trying to understand what's going on, and sure enough, Finé belongs to a group of young thieves forced to steal, of which they are used from their orphaned origins to help them give a good life. Sybllia, enraged by the scumbag's approach to parenting the orphans, and having been there in her heyday, the Pandemonium chooses to become a spy to save the innocent from this dirty world. Klaus is there for emotional support, and this puts Sybllia on the forefront of her own ambition to help kids all around and give them a good and purposeful life.

The problem is Lily, sneaking a chilli bomb boxed lunch, Sybllia opened it and got what should have been Klaus's just desserts. Too bad, Sybllia got inflicted on that karma to exact revenge on Lily.

I think I understand if by having these filler-esque episodes to show character development, then through this episode, it succeeded.
Feb 9, 2023 7:36 AM

May 2020
This adaptation is so poor Assassination classroom knock-off that even Mal rating is looking right in front of it.
Feb 9, 2023 7:48 AM

Mar 2021
Decent filler episode it was nice to get some info about Sybllia's past though
Feb 9, 2023 7:53 AM

Mar 2020
Like, if you were going to do all these "character development" stories, maybe you should have left the Impossible Mission to the very end of the cour... just saying.

Anyways, today's episode is all about Sybllia, and her attempt at trying to stalk and outsmart Klaus, to no avail of course. Then, they get roped into this dumb plot about a group of thieving kids, controlled by a guy that takes in orphans and forces them to commit crimes. The chili bomb thing was just your "girl bonding" thing of the episode.

The show isn't necessarily boring or anything, but it's so poorly adapted and basically a budget Assassination Classroom. At least that one had a very likeable teacher in it, this show does not.
Feb 9, 2023 7:55 AM

Oct 2017
That guy was a fucking piece of trash, anyone using a child is the lowest of the low.

Sybilla was cute and cool in this episode.
Feb 9, 2023 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
It’s not filler as it adapts the SS volume 1 (one of the stories from it anyway.
Feb 9, 2023 8:49 AM

Jul 2015
Another flashback episode? Well, we have already reconciled, the fact that this show is disappointment, but they are staying into Promised Neverland S2 territory.

Feb 9, 2023 9:03 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i LOVE the girls as usual, but its just kinda generic and run of the mill... 
Feb 9, 2023 9:19 AM

May 2019
It was cute and amusing to see Sybilla embarrassed after Lily told her that they listened in on her conversation with Klaus when she offered to share the lunch and then watching Klaus move away for the inevitable chili bomb. While I did enjoy this episode focused on Sybilla I do wonder how many more pre-impossible mission episodes we'll get (yes I also agree the impossible mission should've been at the end of this arc).
Feb 9, 2023 9:19 AM
Mar 2020
I just watched Sakura Taisen recently and I just realized that this anime and Sakura Taisen has the same premise. An objective based semi-harem story which the characters has their own special abilities and perks, the man acted as a catalyst to overcome each character's weaknesses.

And both has the same pacing too, I tbh enjoyed this anime because it feels like that I'm watching an older anime, has many fillers which I like, it makes it more intimate to the character.

But on the other hand, I think I understand why not many people like this kind of anime since I can definitely assure you that this is an old formula they were using, newer anime watchers definitely aren't familiar with this type of stuff because modern anime tends to rush things blazingly fast and only focuses on the plot (Once again, not a bad thing, but fillers always there to break some ice)

So far I enjoyed this show, I hope this show keep it at this pace and so far it's been a lighthearted anime (Although damn, Klaus killed that woman with cold blood during the third ep) but I wouldn't mind if things going more serious, even anime like Ah My Goddess or Sakura Taisen has it's serious moments too.
Feb 9, 2023 9:22 AM

Jan 2021
Sibylla took the spotlight for this episode for saving those children from that scumbag, I'm glad he is gonna spend his time in prison. 

Also those chili powder tricks were awesome. 

Feb 9, 2023 9:45 AM

Oct 2022
More character focus this time around Sybilla. Tragic backstories are a little cliche. Sybilla's trick with the 'bomb' was funny and the way it ended was unexpected haha.
But yea her tailing methods, all the girls' tailing methods are lousy. Following someone a few steps behind in a busy city isn't going work, especially on a pro. He stops by the same places and walks the same streets every day, by now they should not even need to follow him if they were any good as spies. Everything Klaus did to track the girl (Fine) to her hideout was pretty standard, but he let Sybilla keep herself open- and didn't warn her about the juice so he was basically using her in his scheme. The girls have yet to turn the tables on this guy.

Edit: this show is quite clever though because the one wildcard is still Lily, and it's being kept subtle. She's the one who came closest to taking Klaus down in 1st episode, and has since deviated from the rest of the team in her methods- including this one. If any of them, or the whole team ever outsmart Klaus- my money is on Lily being their ace.
SuperAdventureFeb 9, 2023 9:54 AM
Feb 9, 2023 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
This time it's an episode focused on Sibylla. Funny how Lily got back at Sibylla at the end there.

Feb 9, 2023 10:14 AM
Feb 2023
This anime is literally the next tanmoshi. Every new episode ends up dropping the score
Feb 9, 2023 10:19 AM
May 2022

I get it, the sensei cannot be beaten, it is getting old already. the same formula again, can you expand more other than that?
the sensei speech to Sibylla kinda cool, tho.

also why 100% episode only character development and flashback? 
can we have a development /progression about the "impossible mission"? 
Feb 9, 2023 10:24 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Was really hoping they'd... you know?

MIX IT UP 

And maybe the orphan girl was gonna pull some real shit and end up being the one Sybilla has to fight... like maybe an enemy spy or something 

but no...

Let's be generic and safe and have her be the victim of some typical dumbass who we can go quickly shit on and not to mention the generic I was abused backstory 

Guh.... why... 

As much of a waifu simp as I am, I don't necessarily like them being the only reason I'm still watching a show, at least when it comes to non ecchi

Where are the enemy waifus??
Feb 9, 2023 11:03 AM

Oct 2022
EgatammaN said:

But on the other hand, I think I understand why not many people like this kind of anime since I can definitely assure you that this is an old formula they were using, newer anime watchers definitely aren't familiar with this type of stuff because modern anime tends to rush things blazingly fast and only focuses on the plot (Once again, not a bad thing, but fillers always there to break some ice)
Yes this is pretty much it. Typical anime audience can only handle shounen or a direct linear plot with zero subtext- because subtext requires actual engagement, actual THINKING and this lot watch most of their anime in dubs at 4x. So something like this with an old, uncool formula is going to be way too confusing. Also because it has classroom in the title and the training involves beating the teacher- that means it must be EXACTLY THE SAME THING as that one with the smiley face guy so why bother
ugh. 
SuperAdventureFeb 9, 2023 11:07 AM
Feb 9, 2023 11:14 AM
Sep 2016
All this effort in character design and animation wasted on this trash fire of a story
Feb 9, 2023 12:25 PM

Feb 2019
Decent episode for once actually. Sybillia did a great job taking care of that scumbag slumlord. Abusing little kids what a POS. Too bad the bento she had planned was a trap lmao.

Little bit of sexual tension with she and Lilly there at the end too.
Feb 9, 2023 2:24 PM

Sep 2011
I guess the rest of the show is just gonna be more flashbacks that don't even really need to be flashbacks.  No reason this episode couldn't happen after the Impossible Mission. 

Just gonna have to accept that this is one of many shows whose only redeeming factor is attractive character designs.
Feb 9, 2023 2:26 PM

Nov 2014
I’m the point of no return for dropping an anime. God this is boring, LN readers just hype up any pile of crap with cute girls don’t they.
Feb 9, 2023 2:27 PM
Apr 2022
Feb 9, 2023 3:39 PM

May 2018
bruh are we still doing pre-impossible mission episodes??! Why not just have the impossible mission after these :(
Feb 9, 2023 3:41 PM

May 2018
SuperAdventure said:
EgatammaN said:

Yes this is pretty much it. Typical anime audience can only handle shounen or a direct linear plot with zero subtext- because subtext requires actual engagement, actual THINKING and this lot watch most of their anime in dubs at 4x. So something like this with an old, uncool formula is going to be way too confusing. Also because it has classroom in the title and the training involves beating the teacher- that means it must be EXACTLY THE SAME THING as that one with the smiley face guy so why bother
ugh. 

except that this show indeed went at breakneck speed to the impossible mission part and then decided to air these training episodes after the impossible mission...? Of course ppl are going to be angry at that
Feb 9, 2023 5:02 PM

Apr 2022
some sibylla focus.

the highlight of the episode was lily running from sibylla at the end tho.
Feb 9, 2023 5:08 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Sibylia's turn to shine this episode! 

Another episode set before the impossible mission tho idk how I feel about it but we get some more character development between the girls and well mainly Sibylia this episode. 

Sibylia had a really harsh upbringing and she is the girl who definitely can connect to those orphans the best. Hearing her wanting to help kids everywhere, wanting to give them a good and happy life really made me smile. Good on her!!

Lily got her payback at the end as well lol, the way Klaus just slid of screen knowing what was about to happen.

I really hope we get back to the present timeline next episode or just soon because I really wanna see the group complete more missions!!

Feb 9, 2023 5:55 PM

Jun 2022
Bro, when we are stopping the filler episodes and actually getting into the plot? While the filler is enjoyable, it feels extremely generic and bland. 
Feb 9, 2023 6:07 PM

Feb 2021
It seems they are adapting stuff in a different order. 

Cause instead of going to vol 2 after adapting vol 1, they are instead adapting short stories from each individual character. 

DankCheese42 said:
Bro, when we are stopping the filler episodes and actually getting into the plot? While the filler is enjoyable, it feels extremely generic and bland. 
Not even the original light novel was like this.
Feb 9, 2023 6:25 PM

Dec 2022
it's Sibylla's episode, that means it's a good episode ^_^
Feb 9, 2023 7:55 PM

Jul 2019
If there is one thing this show has going for it, is that I love when they make unique ED's for each of the cast, especially if they also have unique songs sung by the respective girl that the ed I about.
Feb 9, 2023 9:03 PM
Jan 2020
SuperAdventure said:
EgatammaN said:

ugh. 
Sure, people don't like it cause it's confusing, not because it's boring and useless seeing what happened before the mission that we know they completed without any flaws. (It's sarcasm, just in case) 

Bro, this anime it's not confusing, any 10-year-old can understand this anime cause every episode it's generic and empty, but it's even more boring cause it's not only generic, we literally know the end. This is not in a weird order like Pulp Fiction for narrative, this is just an anime with a spoiler in chapter 3.

Feb 9, 2023 11:13 PM

Oct 2022
Veck8699 said:
SuperAdventure said:
ugh. 
Sure, people don't like it cause it's confusing, not because it's boring and useless seeing what happened before the mission that we know they completed without any flaws. (It's sarcasm, just in case) 

Bro, this anime it's not confusing, any 10-year-old can understand this anime cause every episode it's generic and empty, but it's even more boring cause it's not only generic, we literally know the end. This is not in a weird order like Pulp Fiction for narrative, this is just an anime with a spoiler in chapter 3.

So STOP  WATCHING IT. 

Seriously nothing worse than people who actively hate something and then posting about it every week how much they don't like it. Good it's so boring- stop watching it.
It's generic- stop watching it. You already know how it ends- seriously stop watching it. 
Feb 9, 2023 11:36 PM
Jan 2020
SuperAdventure said:
Veck8699 said:

So STOP  WATCHING IT. 

Seriously nothing worse than people who actively hate something and then posting about it every week how much they don't like it. Good it's so boring- stop watching it.
It's generic- stop watching it. You already know how it ends- seriously stop watching it. 

I'll keep watching it, I don't hate it, but it's nothing out of the generic animes, nothing complicated, nothing new, just one more in my list.
If you love it, bro, it's cool, everyone can love an anime even if it's not a master piece, but don't go around saying that it's a rare and complicated plot that regular Shonen and linear fans can't keep up with, cause it's not, the pre-missions chapters don't complicate anything, are not there to reveal missing vital info.
Feb 10, 2023 12:05 AM
Dec 2021
please dub
please dub
please dub
PLEASE DUB
PLEASE DUB
PLEASE DUB
please dub
please dub
please dub
Feb 10, 2023 6:32 AM
Mar 2020
Byniavo said:
SuperAdventure said:
ugh. 

except that this show indeed went at breakneck speed to the impossible mission part and then decided to air these training episodes after the impossible mission...? Of course ppl are going to be angry at that

I think they're just using this pacing and non-linear story to make it less generic, to keep the audience stick with it and to fill in the pieces. Perhaps you need to watch Bullet Train to see that this kind of non-linear story could actually work if executed correctly, hell, for some reason this anime indeed feels like Bullet Train (Bullet Train is the only recent movie that I could think of, with Vantage Point being another, I think there are a lot of other Hollywood examples but only those 2 that came to my mind)

And it's not blazing fast if we still get the flashback, it's just to shake things up.
Feb 10, 2023 7:57 AM

Aug 2018
That was a really fun episode. I wish they had beat up the child abuser more though.
Feb 10, 2023 11:20 AM

Mar 2010
Them chili pepper bombs are not to be taken lightly.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 10, 2023 1:00 PM
Mar 2018
Ada orangutan coyyyy
Feb 10, 2023 5:14 PM

Oct 2022
Veck8699 said:
SuperAdventure said:

I'll keep watching it, I don't hate it, but it's nothing out of the generic animes, nothing complicated, nothing new, just one more in my list.
If you love it, bro, it's cool, everyone can love an anime even if it's not a master piece, but don't go around saying that it's a rare and complicated plot that regular Shonen and linear fans can't keep up with, cause it's not, the pre-missions chapters don't complicate anything, are not there to reveal missing vital info.

Well you maybe made it sound a lot worse than it is. I don't think it's a masterpiece, I doubt I'll rate it over a 7. Unless it does something truly witty and brilliant that still seems so after more than 5 minutes after watching it. I'm also slightly salty about people posting about how they think it's generic and poor;  because months having to listen to so much hype about everything else, that once I found this likable it become frustrating to feel like I'm even in the minority for liking it at all. 
There is a case that can be made for this non-linear storytelling style- which so far seems like it's working but it really depends on where they take it. And in either case, technically all anime apart from an elite few can be called generic. 
Feb 10, 2023 5:14 PM

Mar 2019
I would've enjoyed this if i didn't know they cleared the main mission already.

What the hell were the director thinking. It feels like they messed up the episode order. Really now, this anime is such a wasted potential.
Feb 10, 2023 5:37 PM
Jan 2017
Im pretty pissed that they are adapting the LN sidestories now but what they could have done is added these episodes before they started the impossible mission back in episode 3 so we could have had more development with the characters and care about them a lot more, ngl im not sure where this adaptation is going right now after this.
Feb 10, 2023 5:38 PM

Dec 2018
they're going to adopt each girls' backstory in the training bit before we get to post operation. Very frustrating they did it this way, but as standalone episodes they aren't bad.
Feb 11, 2023 5:38 AM

Sep 2020
Lily's face expressions are very funny, and probably the only one girl I can remember the name, so I think the next episode is going to be about another girl.
Feb 11, 2023 10:15 AM

Jan 2011
i didnt expect that this anime d be about trying to defeat the teacher. i was expecting a bit more action
Feb 11, 2023 2:13 PM
Nov 2022
I love the dynamic of focusing on one character in each episode, but I think in a couple more episodes it's going to be a bit repetitive.
Feb 11, 2023 8:08 PM

Apr 2015
I do like that they are adding the missing character development. There's still too much I don't know about most of the members.
Feb 11, 2023 9:55 PM

Jun 2019
Trashy animation but at least the studio put all the effort to make Lily's boobs bounce when she ran.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2023

90 by The_Wicker_Man »»
Apr 23, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2023

62 by vaindied »»
Mar 6, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

62 by adbeaver »»
Feb 12, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

42 by adbeaver »»
Feb 12, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Spy Kyoushitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2023

52 by adbeaver »»
Feb 10, 4:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.