Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 14, 2023 4:39 PM

Sep 2015
 🤢  WE'RE SEEING THE DISGUSTING YAMATO HYBRID FORM AGAIN THIS EPISODE ! Stop it Toei! STOP!   🤢 🤮🤮

Not much was re-capped
Sasaki finally defeated and shown.

I like seeing Otama and speed together
MOre Kid and Law!~
We're getting to see more of Zoro, Sanji, Kawamatsu, and others

Some people had thought that Megumi Ishitani was going to direct this episode, since some deemed this to be an iconic moment with
Momonosukes big Pink Dragon form. 

Getting real sick and tired of Jack. Raizo is what I wanted to see more of. 

Liked the scene with Momo and Luffy. The new voice acting for age 28 Momo is underwhelming though. And it's missing the oomph, not sure why Toei couldn't make the voice vibrate or echo.
AhriTheS3xyFoxJan 14, 2023 4:58 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 14, 2023 4:40 PM

Sep 2015
One Piece Saturdays are the best 
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jan 14, 2023 4:47 PM

Nov 2016

The anime original parts weren't that bad this time. Kinda decent even. At least we have some more interactions between Straw Hats, Heart Pirates and Kid Pirates. Barebone or not, that's definitely better than an abundance of padding with close up shots. We still had to deal with some flashbacks.

In the the end this episode also adapted the remaining pages of chapter 1023. Let's go Inuarashi, Nekomamushi, Raizo and Momo. Minks and Ninja, you're an essential part of our alliance. Adult Momo is voiced by Hiro Shimono btw.(Connie AoT and Dabi MyHero) I think that's a great pick.

AhriTheS3xyFox said:
AtFMmatron, how can you act so chill and not be disturbed her Yamato's hybrid form???! 

I dunno, maybe I'm not mental?

@AhriTheS3xyFox you're overreacting for months when the true victim is Jack's hybrid form 
FMmatronJan 14, 2023 6:00 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 14, 2023 4:48 PM

Sep 2015
AtFMmatron, how can you act so chill and not be disturbed her Yamato's hybrid form???! 

Jan 14, 2023 5:01 PM

Mar 2014
MOMO IS SOOOOO HUGE!!!!!
I love when they let us know what happens with the other Straw hats!
the Showdown is about to happen and I'm so hyped for every moment in this series!!!
Jan 14, 2023 5:22 PM

Sep 2015
AtFMmatron what is that suppose to mean? 

Jan 14, 2023 5:27 PM

Aug 2019
Another week, another mediocre episode. The first half basically just showed us the status of the other important characters even though we get those types of scenes so often that they don't really matter anymore. The second half was slightly better except that Jack's hybrid form looks like shit, the animation was subpar, and the only truly interesting bit was seeing mature!Momonosuke's dragon form.
Jan 14, 2023 5:49 PM
Jan 2023
God sake I need to catch up damnnn.
Jan 14, 2023 6:02 PM
Mar 2022
wait was that a recap episode
Jan 14, 2023 6:17 PM

Apr 2018
Not much to comment beside the entrance of Momo's adult form (also voiced by Zenitsu and Dabi). Jack's hybrid form is laughable xD I can deal with Yamato's one atleast. A few flashbacks here and there and mostly some things that weren't in the manga.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 14, 2023 6:31 PM

Apr 2016
Usopp once again showing off his true strength, lying!
The shot of Momo in his dragon form looming over Luffy is even more sick than in the manga
This was a pretty good episode, lots of parts moving
Jan 14, 2023 6:58 PM

Nov 2018
Bit of a meh episode.

That preview looks sick. Looks like Vincent Chansard is animating that Kaido vs Yamato scene for next episode. You can easily tell by his distinct animation style.

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 14, 2023 7:05 PM
Aug 2018
dabi's voice really suits adult momo
but i didn't like the animation of this episode but in sure they do that so we can se great animation for upcoming episodes
can't wait wait to see sanji vs queen fight
Jan 14, 2023 7:08 PM

Sep 2010
Is next weeks episode canon? Seems like some Wano stories of Samurai in the past.
Jan 14, 2023 7:17 PM

Oct 2017
Momonosuke grew up and time for Luffy's big comeback, hype!
Jan 14, 2023 7:48 PM

Nov 2012
I was happy where it started. Marco saying the star is making his entrance and Zorro flying over head was my favorite scene last week.

The pink dragon wasn't agitated at all really.

Am I the only one the loves how Luffy says Momo?
dragynfaerieJan 14, 2023 8:11 PM
Jan 14, 2023 8:01 PM

Jul 2007
Haha omfg im dying. They added the Line "This raid would be a failure". For those of you who are out of the loop, ill explain, but a content creator by the name of Mr Morj who does theory crafting video's and reaction content, started a theory indicating that the raid on Onigashima would fail and everyone would loose and that in turn would be preceeded by a counterattack on a larger scale after the complete defeat of the heroes. Well we were not sure rather or not this translation was accurate or not, but its hilarous to think that this line was actually added into the story by either Oda him self or it was translated that way in the scanlation of the manga, based on Mr Morj's prediction. The raid failing was theorized long before oda even wrote it in the manga and this ended up becaming one of the largest meme's in the One piece manga community. 
ArtimesGamerJan 14, 2023 8:04 PM

Jan 14, 2023 8:02 PM

Apr 2022
decent episode, usopp had another god usopp moment, haven't seen the minks sulong forms in a while, yamato still going at it against kaido. momonosuke's giant dragon form finally revealed in the anime. preview seems promising.
Jan 14, 2023 8:03 PM

Apr 2022
qefogkr said:
wait was that a recap episode

no it wasn't, we just had a recap like 2 weeks ago.
Jan 14, 2023 8:11 PM

Jul 2007
Well this was clearly another episode to stall for time, the only thing that really mattered was seeing Momo adult form at the end, but omg we are FINALLY here people. Next episode is going to focus on yamato's back story and with it some new mysteries. Were almost at Luffy Round 3 against Kaido. 

Honestly though the first half was a complete waste, save a few scenes, but they could have realistically dedicated this episode to showing adult momo and also parts of yamato's back story and end right during "that" reveal. It would have been perfectly paced and the episode would have some good content, but no TOIE always has to like stretch and pad things out and only focus on one key development and this week was adult momo. 
ArtimesGamerJan 14, 2023 8:15 PM

Jan 14, 2023 8:12 PM

Apr 2022
Oomyung said:
Is next weeks episode canon? Seems like some Wano stories of Samurai in the past.

the samurai story is canon but toei always adds filler scenes in flashbacks to extend it so they might do that again. hoping they prove me wrong haha.
Jan 14, 2023 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
Okayish episode for this week. Nothing too special tbh. We had lots of jumps between the floors and therefor the ongoing battles. I liked the fact that Heart Pirates, Kid Pirates, Straw Hats and the Samurai supporting each other in dicey situations.

God Usopp is back at it again. Of course he has conqueror's haki. Is that even a question? 

I can't get over the fact how weird Jacks hybrid form looks. Inuarashi was badass and I loved his little speech. Now that he's finally back in Sulong form Jack will definitely have a rough time. Same goes for Perospero who's up against Nekomamushi. Hopefully they'll finally get revenge for Pedro.

Momo in his giant pink dragon form was easily the highlight of this episode. Great choice with Shimono Hiro for Momo's adult voice. Now I'm even more excited for Momo's adult human form, especially after Shinobu mentioned he would resemble his father.

Next week's episode seems to focus on Yamato and Kaido's fight. Let's see what else she can do.

Jan 14, 2023 8:59 PM
Jul 2012
Underwhelming voice acting and animation for adult Momo. But I'm assuming the producers are saving up for the upcoming developments. IYKYK
Jan 14, 2023 9:02 PM

Jul 2021
Nothing much to say about this episode other than Momo's dragon form and 28 yo him being voiced by Shimono Hiro is interesting to say the least.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 14, 2023 9:05 PM

Nov 2018
ryzxgum said:
Oomyung said:

the samurai story is canon but toei always adds filler scenes in flashbacks to extend it so they might do that again. hoping they prove me wrong haha.

Seeing how many breaks the manga is going on in the next 6 months, they kinda have to

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 14, 2023 9:25 PM

Apr 2022
_cjessop19_ said:
ryzxgum said:

Seeing how many breaks the manga is going on in the next 6 months, they kinda have to

it's not that many, oda's holiday schedule ends and regular release schedule resumes after ch 1072. 3 consecutive week releases, 1 week break and wsj breaks in between.
Jan 14, 2023 9:45 PM

Nov 2018
ryzxgum said:
_cjessop19_ said:

it's not that many, oda's holiday schedule ends and regular release schedule resumes after ch 1072. 3 consecutive week releases, 1 week break and wsj breaks in between.

Yeah, and the anime must compensate or else they will catch up to the newer chapters

Jan 14, 2023 9:58 PM

Apr 2022
_cjessop19_ said:
ryzxgum said:

Yeah, and the anime must compensate or else they will catch up to the newer chapters

that's besides the point, i'm well aware of how fillers work. the point is, the amount of breaks in the next 6 months that you pointed out is nothing special, that's the regular release schedule.
Jan 14, 2023 10:14 PM
Dec 2022
i am sick of waiting gear 5 😑
Jan 15, 2023 1:21 AM

Jul 2016
ryzxgum said:
Oomyung said:

Yeah I am fairly certain these samurai stories took like three pages or so in the manga. 
Jan 15, 2023 2:58 AM
Jun 2019
shit episode only last 2 minutes was god holy shit this arc is bad motherfuckers cant even beat goku omegalul megakappa
Jan 15, 2023 2:59 AM
Dec 2022
true power of God Ussop 🔥🔥
Jan 15, 2023 7:23 AM
Jan 2023
Big Mom used the conqueros haki again, I love it! Love see Linlin make her show, I never coul'd hide my favoritism for her
Jan 15, 2023 12:13 PM
Apr 2021
Half the episode felt like filler. The animation was ok but some scenes felt a bit choppy.

Really like Momonosukes adult voice
Jan 15, 2023 12:24 PM
Jan 2021
Kawamatsu and Hyogoro work together to keep the riff raff from interfering with the main fight on the Performance Floor, Zoro and Sanji versus King and Queen! They understand that they’re not in the mood for tomfoolery. Don’t mess with the two arms of the Straw Hat Pirates, led by none other than Monkey D. Luffy, AKA Straw Hat Luffy, AKA The Fifth Emperor, AKA The Next King of the Pirates, the greatest and most badass fictional concept to ever become a conceivable human thought!

Bepo and a few members of the Heart Pirates come to back up Franky, as it is apparent that Franky overworked himself in the fight against Sasaki the Triceratops.

In order to get past the enemy, Speed decides to go full speed and push through. Unfortunately, Usopp falls off and crashes into the enemy. And it gets worse for him. Nami misinterprets the situation as Usopp sacrificing himself to allow them to escape, so they all push through and leave him behind.

Usopp is left to deal with the enemy approaching him, but he’s saved by Big Mom’s Color of the Supreme King. When one of the enemy comes to the conclusion that this was Usopp’s doing, Usopp rides the wave and tries to recruit them to his side… Whether that will pan out is something we’ll have to see in the future episodes.

Franky and Nami check in with each other to get a rundown on the situation. Nami asks Franky about Luffy’s status, but he doesn’t know. However, Franky understands that Momo’s message was enough. Luffy is fine and he’s coming back to kick Kaido’s ass.

Franky tells Bepo and the others that Zoro and Sanji are busy with the Lead Performers and tells them not to let the enemy through.

Brook is carrying Robin out while the Third Floor is on fire. Brook asks some of the Musketeers of the situation, but with all the chaos they don’t have any intel.

Brook gets into contact with Jimbei and tells him about the ensuing flames.

Back at the top, Yamato and Kaido are still fighting. Yamato is confident that Luffy will come back, and continues the attack with Narikabura Arrow. Kaido swats it away like a baseball.

Back at the treasure repository, Dogstorm is still fighting with Jack the Drought. Jack mentions how Dogstorm can’t transform into his Sulong Form, and guess what?! GUESS WHAT?!?! Before we get to the twist, Dogstorm mentions how if they sold out Raizo, they wouldn’t have been able to return to Wano ever again. Dogstorm throws Jack outside and what do we have here. There’s a hole in the ceiling (via Ashura’s sacrifice against Kanjuro) and now he can see the moon. THAT MEANS HE CAN TRANSFORM INTO HIS SULONG FORM, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HE DOES. Dogstorm says as long as they win the battle, dawn will break for the world.

Cat Viper comes down and commends Carrot and Wanda for their efforts, and assures them that he’ll take care of the trash (Pekoms). He transforms into his Sulong Form and now we know that Pekoms is absolutely going to get his cheeks clapped with EASE. He’s not doing anything significant to Cat Viper whatsoever.

Back on the Third Floor, Raizo and Fukurokuji are still fighting each other. Fukurokuji disrespects Momo, and Raizo doesn’t just take it on the chin.

And finally, back at the Tokage Port, we get to see it. As everyone else is looking with fear, Luffy walks toward the big dragon. This pink dragon with blue eyes is looking straight at Luffy. Luffy asks if he’s Momo, and Shinobu explains that via his request, she made him a 28-year old with her Ripe Ripe Jutsu. Luffy then tells Momo that it’s time to take back the Land of Wano, and it ends there!

I CAN’T WAIT FOR MORE BADASSERY THAT ONE PIECE SHOWCASES EVERY, SINGLE, TIME!
Jan 15, 2023 3:11 PM
Jul 2013
Su puta madre, que genial se ve Momo. 🤩
Jan 15, 2023 3:13 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The real star was the next episode preview.
Jan 15, 2023 4:59 PM

Jan 2021
Momo's new dragon form looks sick but at what cost he's 28 now anyway Usopp was to OP whith his supreme haki I expected nothing less from God Usopp
Jan 15, 2023 6:03 PM

Aug 2016
Dialogue felt very slow in the first half.

Jack's hybrid form is just a mammoth with arms, it looks SO stupid.

I'm surprised Momo got a new voice, that's pretty good.
Jan 15, 2023 8:58 PM
Jun 2013
filler episode....only long scenes with long conversations....what is happening with ONE PEACE?!
Jan 15, 2023 9:02 PM

Apr 2014
I finally caught up this episode, yessssssssir
Can't wait to see luffy riding gloriously back up on the back of big ass lizard Momo 
Jan 15, 2023 10:47 PM

Jul 2008
Lots of spinning our wheels this episode, no real progression.
Jan 16, 2023 1:38 AM
Jun 2022
The Episode was pretty decent...plus Momo's dragon form was cool...!!
Jan 16, 2023 6:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Bad episode, only 30 seconds are usable!!! :(

kekeke
Jan 16, 2023 9:36 AM
Dec 2020
I hate how they only focus on one part of the episode and on top of that when a pacing is slow. I really want to enjoy watching week to week but its so ass.
Jan 16, 2023 9:56 PM
Oct 2018
liked the animation
Jan 17, 2023 6:35 AM

Feb 2021
link9us said:
Well this was clearly another episode to stall for time, the only thing that really mattered was seeing Momo adult form at the end, but omg we are FINALLY here people. Next episode is going to focus on yamato's back story and with it some new mysteries. Were almost at Luffy Round 3 against Kaido. 

Honestly though the first half was a complete waste, save a few scenes, but they could have realistically dedicated this episode to showing adult momo and also parts of yamato's back story and end right during "that" reveal. It would have been perfectly paced and the episode would have some good content, but no TOIE always has to like stretch and pad things out and only focus on one key development and this week was adult momo. 
That's too funny, that theory never had any ground, and any ground it might have had was done away when Onigashima wasn't on the ground anymore
Jan 17, 2023 7:32 AM
Dec 2020
Nice build up of the story.
Jan 18, 2023 6:05 AM

Aug 2014
Can't wait to see momo human form as an adult
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 18, 2023 7:59 AM
Apr 2020
Out of 24 min, 4 min was watchable. As always nowadays. But op is still goat
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 886 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - May 25, 2019

59 by FedeMetal »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

41 by -hzl »»
17 minutes ago

» Why the pacing of the One Piece anime is actually good.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

39 by Theo1899 »»
38 minutes ago

» Why Sanji's humor is good for One Piece

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

11 by GTRaijin »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1091 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jan 20

68 by nickehhhhhh »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.