Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the feud between Valhalla and Toman really reaches its peak during this Halloween day battle.

It's crazy how much this escalated to get Baji. Draken and Kazutora got major balls to represent their group. And tbh, this arc may be the most intense one in the show so far. Draken really has proved himself as a loyal friend while Kazutora shows he isn't afraid of anything or anyone.
Aug 14, 2021 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
this episode felt pretty empty. the animation and art was just meh. maybe they saving the budget for next episode??
Aug 14, 2021 11:32 AM

Jun 2019
The fight between Toman and Valhalla is finally here and things heat up pretty quickly. An all-out brawl where nothing else matters other than crushing your opponents. Kazutora went straight for Mikey but Draken got between them. Later, Draken got challenged by Hanma.

Toman was heavily outnumbered by Valhalla and just when things were looking down for the boys, our crybaby Takemichi did something that motivated everyone in Toman to fight and that's when Draken started taking everyone down. Gotta give it to Takemichi for having the guts to even be there on the battlefield. Damn, that ending gave me chills watching Mikey like that. He was beyond pissed there.
Aug 14, 2021 11:32 AM

Jul 2017
Volume 7 of the manga...AND IT'S BLOODY HALLOWEEN TIME!!!

The Bloody Halloween arc, hyped by manga readers as one of the first high points of the manga, and I have to say that I'm certainly not disappointed one bit with the fight between Toman and Valhalla. It was bloody to say the least...that is everything except the crude animation which felt obscenely weak for such a hyped fight.

Draken vs. Hanma, and Mikey vs. Kazutora, while Takemichi fights for his own survival with Mitsuya, Chifuyu and the rest of the 150 against a 300-strong army of Valhalla. Takemichi going all loose to raise Toman's morale is funny, though a very pivotal decision to gather all of Toman altogether for an all-out brawl.

The long-awaited fight between Draken and Hanma, and Kazutora goes cheating style against Mikey with captains Chonbo and Chome. If Kazutora thinks that he can win over Mikey with such tactics, think again. And Kazutora's backstory is as equally harsh from a young age, having to stand up on his own, and Mikey taking the rap for his suffering...is this the end of the road for Takemichi?

Mikey has gone bonkers...and Kazutora is taken aback to win the fight, fair and square with abatement. What a rife...
Aug 14, 2021 11:35 AM
Sep 2015
Now I'm confident to say that Tokyo Revengers is the best BL ever made. I watch a lot of this genre and nothing ever come close to Tokyo Revengers.
Aug 14, 2021 11:36 AM

Mar 2019
what is wrong with kazutora lmao
Aug 14, 2021 11:36 AM
Oct 2016
That last kick from Mikey was ridiculous, lmao.
Aug 14, 2021 11:40 AM
Apr 2021
looks like all the budget went to mikey's face lmao. the fight scenes could've been better. one thing i can say is, tokyo revengers is definitely not carried by its animation.
Aug 14, 2021 11:53 AM
Jan 2021
is it just me or the animation kinda low on the gang fight and draken and hanma fight? but the mikey, kazutora and the Valhalla captain's fight animation looks very good. so on this episode, im gonna give it 7/10
Aug 14, 2021 11:57 AM
Feb 2021
The new episode was sick though I banged my head when they left it on a cliff hanger not to mention I legit peed my pants.
Aug 14, 2021 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
fun fact(?) mikey got hit multiple times but shinichiro, his brother died with just one bonk. if only shinichiro had a head like mikey, maybe he wouldn't have died?
Aug 14, 2021 12:05 PM

Jan 2021
Oioioi, today we should be proud of Takemitchy c:

At this point if I don't get good explanations, I'm hating Kazutora, he hates Mickey for no reason and on top of that he doesn't even dare to face him alone against him >:c

Wait, let me kill myself for having doubted Mickey...
Nice episode, although I would really give anything to see it a little better animated -.-
Aug 14, 2021 12:09 PM

Apr 2018
Bloody Halloween Arc has begun. And It's full of action! Draken is truly carrying the fight. This is one of the greatest fights in TR but the following ''big fights'' are even better. The quality of the artstyle dropped a bit but I don't mind. The animation was good. Takemitchy's acting like a drunk bastard after getting hit lmao. But thanks to his speech everyone's hyped up.

Draken vs Hanma was an epic fight. All the different fighting techniques that they used. Just insane lol. Two tall guys beating up each other. On the other hand you have Kazutoro being a pussyhead. Well, no big deal for Mikey.

That nuclear kick was just INCREDIBLE. I liked the manga one more just because of detailed it was drawn.

This is just the beginning of the fight. Where's banji? He'll be coming soon.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 14, 2021 12:11 PM
May 2020
shinichiro 1, mikey 100
Aug 14, 2021 12:15 PM

Nov 2016
Hanma may be a small fry compared to Draken, but he's still not a complete bitch like Kazutora.

And then there's Mikey who's running on adrenaline right now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 14, 2021 12:27 PM

Dec 2020
Takemitchy is motivated everyone that they don’t give up and sheesh draken and mikey are beasts holy.

I had the feeling that baji is showing up but that was not so.Overall nice ep.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 14, 2021 12:31 PM

Jan 2021
Nice to see takemitchy finally throwing some punches rather than just recieving them lol
Aug 14, 2021 12:43 PM

Feb 2019
The animation today was pretty janky ngl. You’d think a moment like this would get a lot of attention. The fight was definitely hype af and when Takemichi motivated Toman to keep going I got goosebumps. Today really showed how much of a nut case Kazutora is. Don’t think there’s any redemption for him. He’s been fucked up ever since a kid. Wish Takemichi would’ve done more to stop Kazutora beating Mikey tho, like being from the future he knows how shit’s going to go, you’re the X factor. Do something
Aug 14, 2021 12:53 PM
Oct 2019
Damn Takemichi do something, he starting become Sakura just yelling Mikey Name. Lmao

Wow really Kazutora?
3 on 1 still can't beat Mikey.

I was wondering the whole episode, where is Baji?
He didn't even showed up until the end, probably in the next episode then.
Aug 14, 2021 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed the episode. Draken was badass and I didn't see Baji I hope he is okay.
We get to learn about Kazutora childhood a little and that he has a few screws loose thinking he is going to be hero after killing Mikey. I hope Mikey doesn't kill Kazutora and Kazutora apologizes to Mikey. I don't think that is going to happen that Kazutora going to apologize to Mikey but I hope it will happen.
removed-userAug 14, 2021 1:10 PM
Aug 14, 2021 1:06 PM
Aug 2021
MAN, i got mixed feelings about this one. Even if the animation isn't the best (you barely notice on previous fights since they weren't as long/big until now), it still managed to have me chilled the whole episode. Hope the next one's even better!
Aug 14, 2021 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
Definitely could've used more animated cuts but it was still a very engaging episode.

Goddamn, how the hell is Mikey still conscious after taking those hits from the pipe straight to the skull? The fact that he shook of the other two after all that is even more crazier.

Is Kazutora literally just broken? Has the shock from the night of the murder literally warped his perception of the event so much that he now believes that Mikey is somehow responsible for the time he had to serve?

Where is Baji in all this? We haven't seen him at all.
Aug 14, 2021 1:08 PM
May 2021
I think animation in this episode kinda clunky i guess. Like fight of toman captain and draken vs hanma. The only good about this episode is mikey vs 3 and kazutora's past.
Aug 14, 2021 1:09 PM
Aug 2021
Marinate1016 said:
The animation today was pretty janky ngl. You’d think a moment like this would get a lot of attention. The fight was definitely hype af and when Takemichi motivated Toman to keep going I got goosebumps. Today really showed how much of a nut case Kazutora is. Don’t think there’s any redemption for him. He’s been fucked up ever since a kid. Wish Takemichi would’ve done more to stop Kazutora beating Mikey tho, like being from the future he knows how shit’s going to go, you’re the X factor. Do something
THIS, like he's really helped since he motivated the rest to keep fighting, if he weren't there draken wouldn't have been able to fight properly, and Mikey'd ended up cornered and killing kazutora like present draken said. But yeah he definitely could've tried to climb those damn cars or something, Draken didn't just because he was being held back by Hanma
Aug 14, 2021 1:11 PM
Aug 2021
SideCharacterKal said:
Bloody Halloween Arc has begun. And It's full of action! Draken is truly carrying the fight. This is one of the greatest fights in TR but the following ''big fights'' are even better. The quality of the artstyle dropped a bit but I don't mind. The animation was good. Takemitchy's acting like a drunk bastard after getting hit lmao. But thanks to his speech everyone's hyped up.

Draken vs Hanma was an epic fight. All the different fighting techniques that they used. Just insane lol. Two tall guys beating up each other. On the other hand you have Kazutoro being a pussyhead. Well, no big deal for Mikey.

That nuclear kick was just INCREDIBLE. I liked the manga one more just because of detailed it was drawn.

if you've read the manga, how many episodes you think the fight has left? We're on 19/24 after all. Maybe till the 22nd?
Aug 14, 2021 1:15 PM
Sep 2017
Hanma said it - Kazutora is totally batshit cray cray for sure. You blame the little brother of the guy YOU killed for going to juvie. Yeah, cuz that makes total sense, right? *facepalm* I don’t see much hope for any redemption of his character. Plus, what a total shit, to have two other guys holding Mikey while you beat his head with a damn pipe. I don’t even want him to be forgiven, even if Mikey doesn’t kill him in this timeline, he never will deserve to be part of the gang again.
Aug 14, 2021 1:15 PM

Apr 2018
5osaku said:
SideCharacterKal said:

if you've read the manga, how many episodes you think the fight has left? We're on 19/24 after all. Maybe till the 22nd?

Well, we're at the start of volume 7 and they adapted 5 chapters already [51-56]
Probably 1 or 2 episodes more. The arc ends at chapter 64.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 14, 2021 1:19 PM
Mar 2021
minfairys said:
fun fact(?) mikey got hit multiple times but shinichiro, his brother died with just one bonk. if only shinichiro had a head like mikey, maybe he wouldn't have died?
His brother got hit by bolt cutters, not a pipe
Aug 14, 2021 1:21 PM
Feb 2020
ok why can mikey just lift his leg that high up with enough force to knock someone out while a highschooler? holds onto his leg also he got hit on the head mutliple times with a metal pole and his still not unconscious?

Other than that a decent episode
Aug 14, 2021 1:29 PM

Jun 2019
Imagine how much better this would be if there was an actually good studio behind this instead of LIDENFILMS.

The animation can be decent at times, but most of the time it looks cheap and very uninspired. This doesn’t even feel like a brawl. so many characters are just standing around and talking even though Toman is outnumbered 2 to 1. How is Takemitchy standing there, conscious after saying he was going to kick Vallhala’s asses? Why did they let him run through them to Draken? How is he knocking out people with one punch?

Very disappointing given the hype for this arc and series.
Aug 14, 2021 1:34 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Buckle up everyone, because this fight is going to get even crazier if you haven't read the manga. Mikey is getting beat up by Kazutora who has just gone insane at this point, Draken is busy with Hanma, Takemichi continues to get beat up. The real question is where's Baji and Kisaki?
Aug 14, 2021 1:37 PM
Jul 2021
minfairys said:

That's exactly what I thought about...
Aug 14, 2021 1:39 PM

Jun 2021
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, the feud between Valhalla and Toman really reaches its peak during this Halloween day battle.

It's crazy how much this escalated to get Baji. Draken and Kazutora got major balls to represent their group. And tbh, this arc may be the most intense one in the show so far. Draken really has proved himself as a loyal friend while Kazutora shows he isn't afraid of anything or anyone.

How do you know the exact timing to make an anime episode discussion bro ...do you know the timings of each anime ?
Aug 14, 2021 1:40 PM

Nov 2020
It was a masterpiece episode, it made me a little sad that it ended in the most exciting place. :/
I'm looking forward to the next episode!

''A tired man they see no longer cares, The old man then prepares.''
Aug 14, 2021 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
Very disappointing and the MC is beyond annoying.
Aug 14, 2021 1:44 PM
May 2021
Bruh that awaited kick by Mickey 💀💀💀
I'm really Glad I am watching this series.
This episode was fully in suspense, The Fight b/w Toman and Valhalla.
But yeah there was also lack of some good animations like they are just stretching the episode. May be something good is gonna happen in rest of episodes.
Let's wait for Episode 20. 🔥✨
Aug 14, 2021 1:52 PM
Jul 2021
Takemichi really needs to learn how to fight I’m tired of seeing him getting beat like a rag doll in almost every episode.
Aug 14, 2021 2:11 PM

Mar 2021
LET'S GOOO! TAKEMITCHY KNOCKED OUT A FEW GOONS. GOOD FOR HIM. Mitsuya and Chifuyu are MVP's for helping him out.

And Takemitchy motivated the whole Toman to continue fighting. GET UPPPPPPPPPPPP

I love how Draken said he will protect every member of Toman. He's the big bro of the whole gang.

GODDAMN DRAKEN IS HERE TO FUCK SHIT UP. That sequence where he was stomping anyone in his way was so badass. TRAINKEN FTW

Feels like Kazutora is irredeemable. He makes no sense with what he's saying.

RIP physics but Mikey's kick made me spit my drink. All that after getting hit in the head with a pipe 10 times. Damn bro that was hype asf.

It's pretty frustrating how nobody except Draken ran to help Mikey. DUDES YOUR LEADER IS BEING HELD AND ATTACKED AND YOU ARE JUST WATCHING....

Also where tf is Baji?

Animation is kinda lacking, I can imagine this being better but it's alright nonetheless
OdabraniAug 14, 2021 2:16 PM

Aug 14, 2021 2:16 PM

Feb 2018
Being realistic isn't exactly the show's selling point, but Mikey pulling off a kick of that force with a dude hanging on his leg is, um, something.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Aug 14, 2021 3:15 PM
May 2021
I can't begin to explain how hyped I was for this episode and now that it's come out it was a huge disappointment with the lazy animation and art style it just didn't feel like I was watching what was supposed to be the best episode so far
Aug 14, 2021 3:20 PM
Jul 2021
this is prob the best episode we seen yet
Aug 14, 2021 3:23 PM
Feb 2021
I really thought mikey was gonna die
Aug 14, 2021 3:24 PM
Aug 2021
Such an amazing episode
Aug 14, 2021 3:28 PM
Apr 2020
I know, we always complain about Takemichi being useless but making him go from brat (which makes the final scene of the last episode clickbait) to Mike Tyson in a split second is not the right way to make him grow.

Also we have the return of the old problem "they let us see Toman members doing a mayhem of the opponent but they are actually losing" as in the fight with Moebius.

The animation most of the time goes from mediocre to Power point.

Finally everything about Mickey made 0 sense, he is too strong and durable for any human, like one of those hits killed his brother and he endured like 4/5 without even losing conciusness
Aug 14, 2021 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
the fights were very tense, although Sano It fought well in the end.
Aug 14, 2021 3:35 PM

Jun 2014
I wish the animation for such a hyped up moment was better but oh well. It was still entertaining to watch everyone go at it. Takemichi actually kind of did something for once lol, but still continues to mostly act as a spectator rather than a capable fighter like some other members of Toman. It was nice to see him motivate everyone else to get back up and fight though.

Kazutora's rationale for why he hates Mikey so much and wants to kill him still doesn't make any sense to me. Dude is a complete bozo lmao, and he isn't even man enough to fight Mikey 1 on 1. That made Mikey's crazy kick to his head even more satisfying, despite how ridiculous that moment was lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 14, 2021 3:54 PM

Jul 2017
ok this fight was both bad and good lol. Firstly why did it take so long to put some bgm in lmao? Felt really awkward with those half-assed animations

but I think what's starting to get pretty annoying is this repeated formula of takemichi doing nothing but stand there and come up with some improv at the end. Like can't he at the very least attempt something first and then fail followed by improv lol?

anywho Mikey clearly ain't human because otherwise he'd be dead af. Shame the ep cut short, ended right as his badass moment started (I wanna see him beat the shit out of kazutora). Though tbh I think Baji's gonna make an appearance cause he kinda disappeared
Aug 14, 2021 4:14 PM
Oct 2019
Just wanna know if Mikey's head okay ?and the animation in that ep sucks btw
Aug 14, 2021 4:32 PM

Apr 2021
Every time Mikey shows up it makes me cringe, my gosh what was that last scene. Lidenfilms and Tokyo Revengers are made for each other, you can’t expect anything from them.
Aug 14, 2021 4:34 PM
Apr 2021
bruh i didnt even finish the ep and already full of cringe
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

152 by callmethebigG »»
May 18, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

177 by callmethebigG »»
May 18, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

251 by dspr »»
May 5, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Do you think this show would be better if it got rid of of some of its shounen tropes?

Elma_fer - Jun 12, 2021

30 by tmunee »»
Apr 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.