Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2021 11:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Forget about Maeda being a vampire with humanity left within him, he's a full-fledged vampire being manipulated by Rufus. The cue of Aoi sacrificing for Defrott, it is one of utmost flabbergastment.

Hearing Suwa's "life of a vampire" is almost like a death flag in itself, as is Misaki realizing that Defrott is a vampire, limited to what they're known for of their type. Defrott's foreword of stage plays is a rhetoric of the show itself: vampires need only act their part of the play.

The Code Zero remnants making preparations in Tenmanya, and Defrott's cry for Kurusu to save Aoi at their former base with equipment that will limit the burn of vampires in broad sunlight. And well, did Kusuru looked like Batman in that suit while Defrott bade goodbye in Romeo and Juliet style.

Lieutenant General Nakajima's plan of his vampire army has literally drawn to waste, the immortal enemy now is Rufus.

With all that's coming of fairy tales, it's time for Act 2, the Act of this show's final stretch.
Jun 14, 2021 11:39 AM

Jun 2019
That fight between Maeda and Defrott didn't last too long but was alright. No one achieved their goal. Instead, Misaki ended up hurting herself and now hanging between life and death. Maeda has lost it. I hope he can recover soon.

Then, Tenmaya's past was sad to see, he loves vampires because those were the only ones who saved him and even sacrificed themselves for him. No wonder, he wants to protect even tho he's a human. Misaki giving Defrott some life lessons and then collapsing.

Defrott called out for Kurusu and he's out to save her with his bat wings. Love them. Luckily, he got there on time. And, looks like Nakajima is also not safe from Rufus. It was a cool episode.
Jun 14, 2021 11:46 AM
Sep 2015
While I'm pretty sure Shutaro will look good in anything, including nothing at all, but the batwing suit just make him even hotter (literally LOL). So I'll have to give a full credit to the inventor, Takeuchi, and the sponsor, Tenmaya, who make this happen!

Talking about Tenmaya, the servant who burn for him is so hot! I'd cry a ton too if I lose such a hot man like him.

While I can guess, but this episode confirmed that the child actor vampire Deflot has higher rank than Shutaro. Not surprised. I'm wondering if Shutaro will upgrade his rank in the future.

Maeda is now look like adult Sasuke. He can fight head-to-head with Deflot, not surprised consider that when he was human he can beat Shutaro. But is his rank actually on par with Deflot?
Jun 14, 2021 12:25 PM

Feb 2019
Well Nakajima’s plan failed spectacularly lol. I hope Shuutaro can get to Aoi in time. That didn’t look too good at all. Rufus as expected is the final bad of the series. With two episodes to wrap things up it’s probably gonna be a little rushed. I’m cautiously optimistic tho.
Marinate1016Jun 14, 2021 12:33 PM
Jun 14, 2021 1:48 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
More Deflot again this episode. Always appreciated.
Jun 14, 2021 2:14 PM

Feb 2017
pleeeaseee i hope shuutaro makes it. would love a reunion between him and aoi where aoi finds out he's also a vampire

placeholder text
Jun 14, 2021 2:21 PM

May 2013
Very cool, Maeda had almost no screen time this episode. It's almost comedic at this point.

After everyone was skeptical if it would even fly, the wingsuit performed way better than it had any right to.

Rufus is a horrible antagonist.

It's like the studio was told they had 24 episodes, and 6 episodes in they said they were only getting 13. This show has become a mess.

TimidGazelleJun 14, 2021 2:30 PM
Jun 14, 2021 3:09 PM

Dec 2018
Of all things, the last I expected was such an honest, serene, and hopeful contemplation on the meaning of life. It was at both times poetic and real, and reminded me why I fell in love with this fairy tale from the very first scene.
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
Jun 14, 2021 4:01 PM

Oct 2019
After less serious complaints in some previous episodes I had (more than) enough with the preposterous battle between Maeda and Deflot and decided to drop the show, while scoring it a 4/10. I really don't care about the ending now, like at all.. This "battle" infuriated me so much that I do not give a rat's ass about what happens next (which is rare for me..). After spending a week being mildly curious about how Maeda and Deflot are going to handle all that sunlight the creators simply waved the sunlight away as if it wasn't even there.

Maeda kicked Deflot at walls where there was sunlight and, again and again, Deflot managed to land right in the middle of the only shaded part of the room; which was also the middle of the entire room, 15 meters or so away from walls. While they were moving with lightning speed as they were battling there was no way they didn't pass through sunlight yet it didn't affect either of them, apparently due to "plot reasons". Nope, enough is enough, time for Mars Red to join the other anime of my ditch list. Farewell Mars Red, you started as a very interesting and promising story but then you went downhill.. :/
Jun 14, 2021 6:11 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, Maeda got a fucked up mind after becoming the vampire. He can't even severed who's friends who's the real foes. Guess its really a bad decision for Deflotte to saving his ass previously, because he just backstabbing him no matter what. Now i can't be surprised at all if the final episode will be Zero, or Kurusu exactly, versus Maeda. Fucked up character fucking up the fucked up show. Well, at least Kurusu show-off me some good shit. Its not a fuckin kite, you silly scientist. Its a fuckin batman suit. Idk how the hell it can be fly. Guess its just utilizing the great power of vampires as a driving force, and then, bam, novice pilot Kurusu successfully accomplished his first ever flying rescue mission. Good shit indeed, and i don't wanna mentioned that obvious another backstabbing shit. Old Nakajima got his own medicine called Rufus. I knew he will shitting on those old man sooner or later. No surprise at all.

The more surprising matter was Tenmaya backstory. Damn, never expected those character got some late development. Well, better than nothing, right?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 14, 2021 6:43 PM

Oct 2019
Sharpedon said:
After less serious complaints in some previous episodes I had (more than) enough with the preposterous battle between Maeda and Deflot and decided to drop the show, while scoring it a 4/10. I really don't care about the ending now, like at all.. This "battle" infuriated me so much that I do not give a rat's ass about what happens next (which is rare for me..). After spending a week being mildly curious about how Maeda and Deflot are going to handle all that sunlight the creators simply waved the sunlight away as if it wasn't even there.

Maeda kicked Deflot at walls where there was sunlight and, again and again, Deflot managed to land right in the middle of the only shaded part of the room; which was also the middle of the entire room, 15 meters or so away from walls. While they were moving with lightning speed as they were battling there was no way they didn't pass through sunlight yet it didn't affect either of them, apparently due to "plot reasons". Nope, enough is enough, time for Mars Red to join the other anime of my ditch list. Farewell Mars Red, you started as a very interesting and promising story but then you went downhill.. :/

does it really matter though? just imagine they thought in the shade. it's not like this is a huge problem that ruined the story. it's just the people behind the show failing to use the setting of the fight correctly. fight scenes are the least important part of this show anyways so i don't see why one badly shown fight ruins the story.

if it was unfixable it was one thing but they could have easily showed him getting smashed to the ground instead of wall. and stuff simular to that.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 14, 2021 7:01 PM

Oct 2011
I dont know what it is, but I have a soft spot for this show. I look forward to each episode.
Jun 14, 2021 9:20 PM

Dec 2020
yep maeda's lost it. like lost it lost it. but wasn't it him the one who delivered stuff to yamagami's wife? wonder how it'll turn out for him

tenmaya's past was sad but i still cant wrap my head around the fact that the vampire sacrificed his life when the kid was just falling off a tree. a damn tree. wasn't even a high one too
Jun 15, 2021 2:04 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Vampire Maeda looks really cool but I hope he regains his senses eventually, though I think he most likely will die. Tenmaya's backstory was pretty sad, vampires were the only ones that treated him kindly, discrimination is ass. Glad Aoi and Deflot survived, though Aoi is in critical condition. Deflot is definitely my favorite character. Shutaro looks good in the wings, really looking like a vampire.

Oh no, Rufus betrayed Nakajima who would've thought lmao. I wonder what Rufus's goals are though, does he just want chaos or something more? Looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 15, 2021 2:55 AM

Aug 2008
lizzziziz said:
yep maeda's lost it. like lost it lost it. but wasn't it him the one who delivered stuff to yamagami's wife? wonder how it'll turn out for him

tenmaya's past was sad but i still cant wrap my head around the fact that the vampire sacrificed his life when the kid was just falling off a tree. a damn tree. wasn't even a high one too

U can get hurt or break a bone from.that high
I know
The spider is watching
Jun 15, 2021 2:59 AM

Dec 2020
dany_elle1908 said:
U can get hurt or break a bone from.that high
I know
LMFAO😭😭 yeah i definitely know too, went to the hospital a few times bc of trees but you can also Not get hurt with a few scratches being the worst wound
Jun 15, 2021 5:10 AM
Apr 2021
arshiapolygons2 said:
Sharpedon said:

does it really matter though? just imagine they thought in the shade. it's not like this is a huge problem that ruined the story. it's just the people behind the show failing to use the setting of the fight correctly. fight scenes are the least important part of this show anyways so i don't see why one badly shown fight ruins the story.

if it was unfixable it was one thing but they could have easily showed him getting smashed to the ground instead of wall. and stuff simular to that.
it's just one of the many telling signs that this show has devolved into a mess. In the first episode, and a few others, the show felt really well thought out and focused. Every scene was there to convey some meaning and it had a quiet, unassuming tone. Now this is all replaced with bland, forgettable action shounen battle crap. What made Mars Red good was never the fights, it was the characters and tone. The tone is essentially lost here and the entire plot has gone to shit.
Jun 15, 2021 6:29 AM

Jul 2013
To be honest, I felt some satisfaction at Nakajima getting played by Rufus.

I liked the discussions of human vs. vampire (humanity, will to live). Living for so many years, seeing loved ones all die, and feeling purposeless would take a toll on someone. Defrott made the right decision in continue on as an actor. Whereas someone like Rufus, loses all morals (if he ever had them) and use his abilities and time to scheme.
Jun 15, 2021 6:30 AM
Oct 2018
Thought the fight was okay, actually.

In the end, when Blond Kid said he's fine getting back ashore if he's by himself. It made me realize all that talk about his past was because he resigned himself to dying there with Aoi. He could have escaped at any time but he simply couldn't muster the will to.

Don't know if Rufus was stupid or smart to think he could kill Blond Kid with that trap.

Still, it's almost poetic how both Maeda and Misaki lost their minds as Vamps after undertaking a series of actions resembling their former selves (meeting friend's wife, leaving dying msg). They really are a match in heaven lol
Jun 15, 2021 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
I liked how Kurusu went at that moment after saving the Misaki That was cool the way they will act at that moment to save Misaki who was injured, The Defrott vs Maeda fight was very good, I didn't think it was bad in itself but it was a good fight to be honest.
Jun 15, 2021 10:02 AM
May 2020
Hey does anyone of you is also reading the manga?
Jun 15, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 2020
Minonoke said:

I do, and I highly recommend it!
Jun 15, 2021 11:49 AM

Nov 2019
Jurietto tanomu! Romeo-kun.

My favorite anime this season.
Jun 15, 2021 1:46 PM
Feb 2021
I couldn't understand why Defrot didn't turn Aoi into a vampire. Could anyone explain?
Jun 15, 2021 4:52 PM
Mar 2021
Its now episode 11 and its good.. we all have our own original story to tell, whether some or all have something in common or not.. also, what deflott said is true, that those which lives in fairy tales are destined to live like they dont belong anywhere.. take vampires for example, they cant fit in with humans, since they feed only on blood for both food and nutrients.. its mostly due to fear that those kind of beings cant live alongside humans.. fear can make anyone do nasty things after all.. also, its really hard being an immortal, i agree with that.. humans can get all that wisdom and joy, since they dont live too long.. the longer u live, the more boring life gets.. anyways, i rate the episode a 9 of 10, 9 for both story and art.. :)
Jun 15, 2021 8:59 PM
May 2020
zVergil said:
Minonoke said:

I do, and I highly recommend it!

Yeha I do too..I started with the manga first and I think there is a connection between both, like you need to follow both for the entire story
Jun 15, 2021 10:21 PM

Nov 2009
Yeah no. They did Maeda super dirty. It started out as 10/10 for me, the monster of the week episodes were 8/10, the shit after got boring and highly disjointed, and now this... this trainwreck's beyond salvation now, i guess.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 15, 2021 10:26 PM

Feb 2020
tree_86 said:
I couldn't understand why Defrot didn't turn Aoi into a vampire. Could anyone explain?

I guess because when he turned Misaki into a vampire, she wasn't in a location where the vampire weaknesses would soon kill her. But at the location where Aoi & Defrott were this episode, the approaching sunlight & rising water were about to kill Defrott, so if he made Aoi into a vampire, there was a good chance that she would just die with him anyway.

Also could be because he turned Misaki into a vampire thinking that would save her, but she died anyway, so he might not want to make the same mistake.
Jun 15, 2021 10:33 PM

Feb 2020
I liked most of this episode but that fight scene was so bad rofl. Crappy art/animation is forgiveable, but they didn't even try to have it make sense. Overall I still like this show but it's becoming pretty messy, hope they can scrap a decent end together with the last two episodes.
Jun 16, 2021 3:24 AM

Oct 2008
oh man! Maeda seems to be irreversible huh...
way to go Kurusu save Aoi even if it burns you a little! lolz
5/5.

Jun 16, 2021 4:10 AM

Oct 2019
theGodde said:
arshiapolygons2 said:

it's just one of the many telling signs that this show has devolved into a mess. In the first episode, and a few others, the show felt really well thought out and focused. Every scene was there to convey some meaning and it had a quiet, unassuming tone. Now this is all replaced with bland, forgettable action shounen battle crap. What made Mars Red good was never the fights, it was the characters and tone. The tone is essentially lost here and the entire plot has gone to shit.

but thats what i'm saying. the battles aren't important so who cares if they aren't good. and about the atmosphere, i kind of agree, but i think that's just due to the answers being reveled. the show peaked at the backstory episode. but a few weaker episodes don't ruin the show.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 16, 2021 5:23 AM
Dec 2015
The plot honestly sucks almost from the start and animation is not the best. Rufus' betrayal was obvious to happen. But I still like this show. The sequences are cool individually and Defrott himself just outweighs all the problems I have. Every scene with him is awesome.
Jun 16, 2021 5:57 PM

Sep 2020
That was pretty awesome, in this dark time where Maeda is being manipulated, Shuutarou pulls through to be a badass. The flying machine was pretty cool and him getting all worked up to go save her was too.

I liked Defrott and Aoi's opinions on life too. I wonder where Maeda went though.

It looks like were gonna have the final battle of vampires soon.

Overall a great episode, can't wait for the next one.

Jun 16, 2021 8:10 PM
Mar 2015
Rufus turns the tables on the military he just wants to kill people Glad the gang helped Aoi
Jun 21, 2021 11:09 AM

Jul 2020
I think the end is going to be tragic, I feel it. I just did not drop this anime because of the blond boy and relationship he has with his friend, he is very well characterized.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2021 5:35 AM

Feb 2018
That flying suit is pretty damn cool ngl :P
Sep 3, 2021 9:36 AM

Jul 2015
Not much of a surprise seeing that old fool Nakajima getting betrayed like that. Hopefully Aoi survives with Kurusu wearing his cool flying gear to the rescue!

Feb 16, 2023 1:16 AM

Dec 2020
No surprise with Rufus.

And Maeda has been a huge dunder head this whole entire series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mars Red Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

53 by St0rmblade »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Mars Red Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 19, 2021

62 by St0rmblade »»
Oct 26, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Mars Red Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 10, 2021

47 by BreakApart »»
Sep 23, 2023 9:21 AM

Poll: » Mars Red Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2021

184 by Muow »»
Apr 22, 2023 3:51 AM

Poll: » Mars Red Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

40 by Muow »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.