Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2021 10:30 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another short OP, which means shit is going down quick.

Kakihana has been kidnapped and tortured bad by Yano and his bodyguard Sekiguchi, and couple that with his increasing debt and evasion plans, this monkey's a lost cause for losing to a sham scam of Mystery Kiss's Shiho, to which Yano is the main mastermind. For once I just feel like he got his karma served in due diligence for trying too hard.

Meanwhile, Odokawa and Dobu are on the trail as always, but to the violence-flled baboon, his first perchance is to strike with blows against those who needs his car's dash cam's data. The scene of Mystery Kiss manager Yamamoto with the calico cat Shiho picked up and headed to the harbor (where Kakihana is held), a fierce proposition for all available evidence. Their case: to earn Odokawa's $1 billion prized evidence, not just to make money off of Mystery Kiss, but to utilize Nikaido's hardcore fan Imai's $1 billion lottery ticket (that he won episodes ago).
--> This only soldifies that the rivalry between Yano and Dobu is pretty severe.

The talk with Dr. Goriki and Shirakawa about this "imaginary friend", we get more context from just a single photo that he can recognize Kakihana from just aesthetics alone . A case of Synethesia it seems, from a deprived childhood that induces stress, all beginning from the usual taxi ride. It's rhetoric that Odokawa tries to play it off from Dr. Goriki by playing "psychic powers", but that seems to furthermore solidify the theory about Odokawa's memory from the little we've seen last episode, and how this candid test of identifying people through more photos, IT MIGHT NOT SEEM LIKE MUCH, but that's a hidden clue in and of itself.
--> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Kabasawa just won't stop boasting about how his capture of Dobu is a publicity stunt to get him to be more viral and most, but take note that even when Kabasawa was cosplaying too @ Halloween last episode, Odokawa WAS ABLE to identify him, because he's a notable character.

True to what Shirakawa has exposed about Dobu to Odokawa, his snively recording is crucial to be sent to Little Daimon, in the pretense of the missing Nerima girl. The main victim: Imai's $1 billion lottery ticket, Yano's henchmen vs. Dobu's lone effort to see who can get it first.

With Kakihana still missing, and Imai requested from Odokawa to enquire more about the $1 billion lottery ticket, his sortie BEGINS to sway all offensive away from Imai, which is a good move...BEFORE CHRISTMAS, and the saving mission of his perception intelligence similarity between Imai and Kakihana.

One lead with a tank's weight worth of answers, and the whole mystery is slowly beginning to come together.
KANLen09May 24, 2021 12:10 PM
May 24, 2021 12:07 PM

Jun 2019
Where I left at the last episode, Yano is still spitting some heavy bars at Kakihana and poor Kakihana doesn't have a response to it. It's one-sided at this point. Odokawa asked for one billion Yen in exchange for the dashcam data on behalf of Dobu who's handling everything from the shadows. Poor Kakihana still believes that Shiho is being tricked. But, man what a bitch/cat she was. I felt really bad for Kakihana.

Then we got to learn more about Odokawa's past and his 'imaginary friend'. And how Gouriki met Odokawa for the first time in the taxi. Gotta say Odokawa is really something, he even surprised Gouriki. Odokwa's brain works differently it seems. I love his humor.

Yamamoto is trying to gain help from Yano and his gang to get the dashcam data while he's worried about the Mystery Kiss' success in the long term. Kabasawa still doing his research on Dobu and that video where he's trying to figure out Odokawa's voice.

But, damn Odokawa's investigation was so cleverly put together, the questioning, the way he was dealing with the situation, and that camera shot. Got love this man. Also, he's helping the guy who won the one billion yen at the same time and he finally figured out who was actually that cat. Finally, we got somewhere.

Next episode is gonna be a rollercoaster from what it looks like.
May 24, 2021 12:11 PM

Jan 2021
He will say no, but I feel that Odokawa had a very difficult childhood...
I feel so sorry for Kakihana, he just wanted love :(
Odokawa was awesome, now he has a confession and he's finally realized, it's time to save Kakihana 0.0
May 24, 2021 12:14 PM
Sep 2015
This is the show where almost every characters are intelligent. Especially Odokawa with his mysterious ability. So villains have to be even more intelligent by guessing the other side's plan correctly.

Another sign of intelligent, Odokawa uses "Telegram" instead of "LINE" to contact with little Daimon.

Just in case someone wondering why Odokawa has to fake a sneeze to take a picture (Hence the episode name "Bless You", another brilliant screenwriting). A law in Japan require every phone selling there to make a capture sound when taking a picture to protect privacy.
May 24, 2021 12:14 PM
Jun 2020
Holy Mother of God! There are already 8 episodes in a row at a spectacular level, definitely the best anime of the season in terms of writing.
Now, can Odokawa save Kakihana?
May 24, 2021 12:32 PM

May 2018
That Yano guy is sharp, he knows all Dobu's moves in advance.
Let's hope our favourite walrus guy will outmanoeuvre them both.

And about Kakihana...man, even the diamond ring he bought for hefty amount of money turned out to be fake.
alshuMay 28, 2021 6:43 AM
May 24, 2021 12:34 PM

Sep 2019
Baka baka baka Odakawa finally remembered who that cat is. I liked Yano, he was spitting bars. It looks like that producer has something to with the dead woman from the previous episode.
May 24, 2021 12:37 PM
Apr 2020
Damn Odokawa is so smooth with his actions, taking Dobu's picture while pretending to sneeze like that, just wonderful.
I felt bad for Kakihana, he's an idiot for believing Shiho but he doesn't deserve any of the crap he's going through.
Goriki's quiz practically confirmed the theory of Odokawa viewing everyone as animals, classifying it as a form of synesthesia sounds pretty interesting to me.
Let's hope Imai doesn't get screwed next episode.
May 24, 2021 1:01 PM

Jul 2011
This episode sets so many things for the next episode.

Well at least Kakihana wasn't shot dead yet.

Not much say about this episode, but the preview of the next looking great. More people trying to kill Odokawa, internet famous get laid, Goriki researching Odakawa past.
May 24, 2021 1:04 PM
Mar 2021
At least Kakihana is still alive, he's my favorite side character
May 24, 2021 1:19 PM
Jul 2017
kakihana's situation would not have happened if he didn't use dating sites, just sayin'

leaves me wondering about the calico cat, shiho, though...
May 24, 2021 1:39 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
gintokisbicep said:
i saw someones theory on that odakawa might be the only one seeing everyone as animals and with each passing episode their theory gets proven right
Yeah same, I keep quoting that theory ever since I saw someone else posting it on episode 2. Props to the one who posted it first.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 24, 2021 2:13 PM

Feb 2020
I'm glad Kakihana is still alive because he's an interesting character.
May 24, 2021 2:58 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
We get the short version of the OP again and Yano started dropping truth bombs on Kakihana for being a simp and falling for scam. Meanwhile the manager of Mystery Kiss is freaking out about the dash cam data as someone wants it for 900 million yen and Odakawa wants it for one billion yen. It looks like the Yakuza is shaking down Mystery Kiss for money and that's why the manager is having the girls run badger games on rich men. Now the gangsters have set their sights on the guy who won the lottery ticket and posted it online like a dummy.
May 24, 2021 3:35 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Still loving this series! This episode got things wound tighter than last week. Everything from "Looking for love in all the wrong places" to our rapping villain going to steal lottery winnings. Things are looking great for the next installment.
May 24, 2021 3:47 PM

Mar 2020
Great episode as always !
check out odd taxi
May 24, 2021 3:51 PM

May 2007
Damn things are starting to take form, a great episode. I kinda want to put my theory of him being a serial killer in the bin right now and hope the person in his closet is just his imagination or not a kidnapped victim of his.
May 24, 2021 3:57 PM

Oct 2020
I felt bad for Kakihana but at the same time he had it coming.

Also that preview looked crazy, really hyped for next episode.

I love this anime.
May 24, 2021 4:32 PM

Sep 2011
Its incredible how a series of mundane interconnected events is somehow ending up pretty intense.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 24, 2021 5:15 PM

Jun 2019
Damn, that was a great episode.

Eiji himself was enough to make this episode great. The way his lines where written, how his character was animated, and the performance by his voice actor cumulated in what was honestly one of the best dramatic moments I have ever seen in anime. I felt that shit in my soul.

But the rest of the episode was great too now that we are diving deeper into Odokawa’s condition and see how he navigates what has become a dangerous game with gangsters.

This episode has put it into the AOTS tier with Vivy.
May 24, 2021 5:36 PM

Mar 2020
Another banger episode, it feels like Odokawa is ahead of them all in the race.
Dobu alone would've fucked up, but with Odokawa he's doing much better and playing it smarter.
At the same time, Odokawa is playing Dobu with the younger cop, and helping them all catch the criminals.

I almost get a Taxi Driver movie vibe from this show, although that was different, very different, but at the same time kinda similar.

But everytime Odokawa says "calico cat" or another animal name, most people don't understand what he means, lending more to the idea that it is just Odokawa that sees the animals.

@KANLen09 would highly recommend looking into Clinical lycanthrophy, it can have even more hints, if not the biggest hint to Odokawa's affliction.
May 24, 2021 5:56 PM

Feb 2021
Another banger episode, the gangster plot is really dominating over other stuff, but I enjoy it
Oh, and the imagination thing or Odokawa has a girl in his closet????
Anyway, Odokawa got evidence of Dobu and has leverage I guess. But AYO why was the elephant g

uy with a chick in his bed??

I thought he was going to be a loser
May 24, 2021 6:30 PM

May 2012
I love this show, but I hate myself for starting before the end so I can't binge it haha.

To all the guys who say that only Odokawa sees others as animals - that would make sense, but we're not told the story only from his perspective - plenty of situations in which he's not and have no way of knowing about, most obvious being the whole backstory of gaccha addict. That being said I really have trouble recalling someone using an animal name as Odokawa does.
May 24, 2021 6:38 PM

Jul 2020
That was a very enjoyable episode.

Oddokawa is crazy smart, Dobu is going to be one sad man, when it's revealed Oddokawa is the one who backstabbed him. I'm interested to see how Oddokawa plans to help Kakihana, and get him out of the situation he's in. Also really excited to see Shun bait everybody by following through with Oddokawa's plans.
May 24, 2021 8:15 PM

Jan 2019
I'm really loving this show, such a vibe of an OP and a really interesting and intertwining mystery. And almost all the characters are smart, except Kakihana, he's a fucking idiot.

May 24, 2021 9:39 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kakihana, you monke should've learn something after that. There's always black in the middle of the white canvas. You just needed to be always raise an extra alert to your surrounding. But, well, i know its hard, and that shit calico cat simply shit. Anyway, Odokawa almost unveiled Kakihana's location by himself in the first sequence. But then need to understand it more until the last sequence to figured it out, where's exactly that monke has gone.

Goriki interaction with Shirakawa unveiled a new idea about Odokawa case to sense peoples by their appearance. The imaginary friend he was talking about kinda wrong impression. But well ... Goriki first meet with Odokawa also full of charm, i can see them the reason how closed they were presently. Odokawa said about seeing peoples soul also intriguing. Half joke half right, i don't think its clear, so left it aside for now. Goriki play some kinky with Shirakawa statement also being an amusing notice at those part. Mama being so pervy at those time, while Odokawa plain reaction can't stop me for laugh. Lol.

Back to Dobu, and the plan surrounding his direct conflict with Yano, kinda reach its peak. 1 billion money become the center of stage. Odokawa cleverly got a prove of his words, making the situation more interesting, as how he might've try to trap them both with it. Well, after a little enlightened word from that lucky but idiot boy, Odokawa could figured out the true relations of Kakihana. Thats the real deal kinda become more entertaining.

A little glimpse about more side characters, making the next episode seems more complicated. So, lets see how well Odokawa, the Melancholic Hero, solve them all.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 24, 2021 9:48 PM
Mar 2021
I’m thinking we are seeing all this from Odakawa’s view and in reality all the characters are just regular humans but to him they are all different animals that’s why it’s so obvious to us who’s who from their shape, but all the other characters struggle
May 24, 2021 10:29 PM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
i feel shame for kakihana ngll. shiro is such a bitch
odokawa is smart, dude easily guessed all of gouriki's data, that scene was funny
and well.. next episode looks nice. internet dude getting laid
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

May 24, 2021 10:46 PM

Dec 2020
more look into odakawa's "ability". when he said "oh shes a calico cat" while the manager and the cat was in his car they went "huh?" so is the human theory actually right? that odakawa is just imagining them as animals

and man i really hope the skunk guy doesn't get hurt
May 25, 2021 12:42 AM
Oct 2019
The show honestly is just getting better and better each episode. It feels like we're piecing together 1 big puzzle.
May 25, 2021 1:04 AM
Aug 2019
looks like the theory of everyone being humans and only seen as animals through odokawa's eyes is kinda confirmed already. Now Odokawa is not only right in the middle of the chaos, but he can also be discovered because of his skills of recognising people, so adding that to the list of the bad endings he can get out of his situation. Also I feel this unease feeling that someone is gonna get killed, either kakihana after finally leaving that place or Imai. Everything that has been exposed since the beginning is right now reaching its climax and i can't wait for it to happen
May 25, 2021 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
I feel sorry for Kakihana. He is the most used victim in this show. The gang has demonic plans.
But Odokawa noticed his important point. I'm looking forward to his actions for next episode.
May 25, 2021 2:56 AM

Oct 2016
Man, it's painful watching Kakihana, life just decided to fuck him sideways. Though he did make some pretty stupid decisions, dumping money he doesn't even have on a girl he only just met. Another fantastic episode! Every segments or scenes in this show is brilliant and how they all interconnect with one another.

Odokawa out here doing some mission impossible shit, that sneeze while taking a picture of Dobu is genius lmao. Shirakawa and Goriki's talk about Odokawa's condition is pretty interesting. We even got more evidence to the Odokawa sees everyone else as animals theory when he was talking with Yamamoto. It's as good as confirmed, unless they jebait us and say that Odokawa actually really has psychic powers lmao.

Imai, got Yano and Dobu coming after him, dude better fucking run and take Odokawa's advice. Odokawa pieced it together now regarding Kakihana, looking forward to the next episode, shit's bout to go crazy. And based on that preview, Kabasawa is getting some coochie lmao.
May 25, 2021 3:47 AM

Mar 2021
badabass said:
Kakihana, you monke should've learn something after that. There's always black in the middle of the white canvas. You just needed to be always raise an extra alert to your surrounding. But, well, i know its hard, and that shit calico cat simply shit. Anyway, Odokawa almost unveiled Kakihana's location by himself in the first sequence. But then need to understand it more until the last sequence to figured it out, where's exactly that monke has gone.

Goriki interaction with Shirakawa unveiled a new idea about Odokawa case to sense peoples by their appearance. The imaginary friend he was talking about kinda wrong impression. But well ... Goriki first meet with Odokawa also full of charm, i can see them the reason how closed they were presently. Odokawa said about seeing peoples soul also intriguing. Half joke half right, i don't think its clear, so left it aside for now. Goriki play some kinky with Shirakawa statement also being an amusing notice at those part. Mama being so pervy at those time, while Odokawa plain reaction can't stop me for laugh. Lol.

Back to Dobu, and the plan surrounding his direct conflict with Yano, kinda reach its peak. 1 billion money become the center of stage. Odokawa cleverly got a prove of his words, making the situation more interesting, as how he might've try to trap them both with it. Well, after a little enlightened word from that lucky but idiot boy, Odokawa could figured out the true relations of Kakihana. Thats the real deal kinda become more entertaining.

A little glimpse about more side characters, making the next episode seems more complicated. So, lets see how well Odokawa, the Melancholic Hero, solve them all.

Yeah this is exactly what I thought, amazing! It was frustrating seeing Benj being kicked out at 0.17s from the end he was such a good singer, still glad that Bruno san succeeded, I want his harem! He's a huge mastermind still, guessing Isaac's meaning seemed impossible.
May 25, 2021 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
My god yano rap is very good, but this kidnapping is very strange , plus the great good moments of odokawa is incredible.
May 25, 2021 5:19 AM
May 2020
My man spitting some FUCKING BARS MAN!!!
May 25, 2021 10:52 AM
Mar 2021
The plot thickens and thickens.. I'm excited for the next episodes. I think i gotta rewatch it afterwards, I'm forgetting little details from earlier episodes too easy. But I really like this show, and Odokawas special "disorder" or "ability" is really interesting in my opinion.
May 25, 2021 11:17 AM

Jul 2020
Damn. Yano's rapping skill was dope!

just kidding it was slightly cringe
May 25, 2021 12:02 PM

Jun 2012
The "Odokawa seeing others as animals" is not a theory anymore at this point
May 25, 2021 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
So Odokawa has put together the warehouse at the docks and Yano, from the scooter.
He also has put together Kakihana and Mystery Kiss, from the calico cat.
He can connect Mystery Kiss and Yano, but how he does it is going to be fun.
The Dobu/Daimon/Imai thing looks separate, but isn’t, because everyone wants the money. And Tanaka is still running around with Dobu’s gun.
May 25, 2021 12:38 PM

Mar 2012
When the full OST for Odd Taxi gets released, someone should loop that clip of Yano chilling out with his 'phones.

Man, Yano is one treacherous porcupine! Heartlessly dissecting his latest victim's sad, sorry life. Laughing at Kakihana's misery as tearfully says what could be his last goodbye to his mother but trying to keep it together. Deciding not to kill the monkey but keep him in case they need a fall guy. Or a punching bag.
He's like the Izaya of this Taxi 'verse.

I need to rewatch the episode but did anyone spot the heart pen? Last episode it was with the Older Daimon.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
May 25, 2021 1:25 PM

Apr 2018
Looks like both sides are planning to rob the dude with 1 million yen. for that dash cam recording. Odokowa backstabbing Dobu and he finally finds out that Kakihana is taken by Yano.
May 25, 2021 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
this episode just convinced me even more that the theory is true and i can't wait to see if it'll be revealed in the next episodes probably while the doctor is figuring out what's wrong with odakawa
May 25, 2021 3:28 PM

May 2020
xxxATiON said:

I need to rewatch the episode but did anyone spot the heart pen? Last episode it was with the Older Daimon.

I am not sure but possibly it is not always the heart pen, sometimes it is a different one.
May 25, 2021 5:15 PM

Oct 2008
Odokawa now acts like a top-calibre fixer with all those information and strategies, but still there are some things that he still misses! awesome ep by the way!
5/5.

May 25, 2021 8:58 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Is it even a theory at this point that Odokawa sees people as animal?

Man, every goddamn week keeps getting better with this.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 25, 2021 10:14 PM
Mar 2021
So I’m starting to think they’re actually humans and Odokawa’s synesthesia is that he perceives them as animals and we the viewers are watching everything in his perspective. I relate to some way because I have Mirror Touch Synesthesia.
May 26, 2021 5:38 AM
Apr 2021
Hey guys.
Don’t get me wrong, I love this show!

I’m translating this Anime and god... If Yano starts rapping one more time... IM DONE! lmao
May 26, 2021 3:41 PM

Jul 2010
Give some love to Kakihana :''c my man suffered enough. I know he's kinda dumb and naive but the way he STILL tried to protect the girl broke my heart.

And yes, Odokawa probably sees people as animals. that's why he can distinguish them so easilt, you can't mix up a cat with a rhino.

I actually enjoy Odd Taxi more than I enjoyed Durarara. I am a big fan of Drrr, but at one moment there were TOO many plotlines and unnessecary characters, here everything feels organic yet very intriguing. I can't say Odd Taxi is "simple", it's more laconic?...
May 27, 2021 3:44 AM

Nov 2019
When Sekiguchi said Yano was busy, i guess we now know why.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

392 by AleAP123 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 10, 2021

84 by KonokoAsada »»
May 18, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

86 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.