Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 2021 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kakihana sure is going all the way for Shiho with the exact preparations for a proposal, but of course, his obsessive money-lending habits gets in the way. No matter how he tries to run away, he'll end up being a carnage, and that's what happened with Mystery Kiss's manager Yamamoto abducting Kakihana, and the relation to Yano only makes things a lot more worse.

The scouting for the hippo Kabusawa gets underway, but Odokawa's house gets ransacked somehow...? A bullet shot no less, that could be Tanaka. Odokawa has no choice but to call in Little Daimon to investigate despite the bias that was caused by the missing high school girl's case way back in Episode 1.

It's sad that the Daimon Brothers' parents are a victim of a past hit-and-run accident (and with a taxi no less), that's why Little Daimon has a feud against taxi drivers. But Odokawa being Odokawa, he's just doing his own investigation on the avaliable evidence so far on the people that wants him dead:
- Big Daimon being a runner for Dobu <--(rivalry)--> Yano, both working for the same boss (which I now highly suspect is Kuroda)
- Tanaka (Skull Mask who intervened last episode's Cabaret club) whom stole Dobu's gun, and jumping the gun on Tanaka to get his gun back
- The viral streamer Kabusawa whom is on his trail to capture Dobu
---> When you add all of these together, Odokawa pretending to work with Dobu is a compelling argument about their newly-formed alliance last episode.
Not to mention that with all that's happened since Episode 1 with the beef between him and Dobu harming Shirakawa like a loan shark when they were dating back then, it's a perfect case of karma and revenge.

Behind the supposed closed room of Odokawa's house, it is certainly hiding something inside...

Dr. Goriki has finally learned the full story behind Shirakawa's behnd-the-scenes clockwork with Odokawa and Dobu, but what the doctor springs next will paint a grim picture on Odokawa's health. A treatment on Odokawa's brain, to probably (but most assuredly) his anthropomorphic thinking on how he perceives the animals around him (that feel conspicuously human).

And when you think of Trick and Treat, Halloween and costumes come to mind, and everyone is on cosplay in Shibuya, except for Odokawa, because he doesn't care about things like that. And we finally get to see the hedgehog Yano, he's such an impressionist, much less a rapper with an evil look of scrutiny.

The hunt for Kabusawa? There's a trail! --> https://twitter.com/kbsw_t/status/1322481439070392320
While targeting some other Skull Mask (that unfortunately isn't Tanaka) that is Kabusawa's followers, the real deal got the evidence he needed. Such a ploy in this vast space that would be hard to spot.

THIS EPISODE...BREAKS THE CAMEL'S BACK...IN A TERRIFYING (yet masterpiece-ful) WAY. And we're only halfway through this intense ride.
KANLen09May 17, 2021 12:26 PM
May 17, 2021 12:01 PM

Jun 2019
Someone fired shots at Odokawa's house and we obviously know who it is. Here comes the part of one of the twins at the police station, the good one. Their parents died by a hit-and-run taxi driver which makes sense why they can't stand Odokawa. Odokawa seems to be double-crossing Dobu by working for him but at the same time, he's telling his plan to the police. The good brother doesn't believe that his older brother is involved in this evil menace.

Odokawa's been juggling too many things at the same time which is obviously not how you should work. Shirakawa's relationship with Dobu has been dissolved, thanks to Odokawa. On the other hand, Kakihana is in grave danger. As I thought, that girl was obviously planning something from the very start.

People sure lose their minds on Haloween like that rapper guy who's not a normal guy. LMAO. Kabasawa once again managed to capture video of Dobu beating that cosplayer guy and this time around, Odokawa's in it as well. So, it's even a bigger problem for both of them. The writing of this show is so good. Each episode has something great to offer.
May 17, 2021 12:05 PM

Jul 2017
@Pre_Yum this show's so fun to dissect lols. The infodump truly is A LOT.
May 17, 2021 12:06 PM
Sep 2015
This episode is so brilliant that not only it progress the story, it also reminds us the summary of what already happened and who is who too, at the same time!
May 17, 2021 12:20 PM

Jan 2021
I definitely like the younger brother more than the older one. Well, so that's why they hated Odakawa, well I expected it, although I think it's a little stupid...
I don't know what would have happened if he had opened that door 0.0
Dobu a bit aggressive. I wonder if they'll find Kabusawa in the end, if they do he's bound to take a beating
Oh god, Kakihana kidnapped, I feel like this is going to end badly.
No man I like him a lot when he raps 😂. I didn't expect it to be him. I love that everything is connected AAA.
May 17, 2021 12:32 PM

Jun 2019
KANLen09 said:

That's exactly what I was gonna say, The way they've tied up strings to each other and yet not messing it up with all the links is truly genius writing to me. With everything that's happening in this show, every character has a strong base somewhere and this was great to me that "yep there's was that connection to this at that 'point' even if it was for 30-seconds" LOL.
It's a great show yet really underappreciated and underrated. And I just found out from your threads that a twitter also exists for the scenarios from Kabasawa's perspective, like they're totally trying to engage this with real life. Great stuff.
May 17, 2021 12:32 PM
Apr 2020
The younger Daimon looks dumb but is much smarter than we thought. At first, I thought that Odokawa actually wasn't hiding anything at his home because he didn't deny younger Daimon from searching his place, but that one line he spoke when the news broadcast was on raised my suspicions all over again.
Goriki asking Shirakawa to help cure Odokawa is a massive clue about his condition, along with Odokawa's conversation with Dobu.
Let's hope that Kakihana returns alive from his ordeals.
Looking forward to the next episode:)
May 17, 2021 12:43 PM

Mar 2020
wtf this was so good. There were so many things happening in this episode. It was fucking amazing. This is easily anime of the season.
check out odd taxi
May 17, 2021 12:49 PM

Feb 2020
Another decend episode with intriguing storytelling.
May 17, 2021 12:52 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty sure what's behind the closed door in Odokawa's room is

Yet another great episode! This series is the hidden gem of this season
May 17, 2021 12:52 PM

Mar 2020
btw the theory that odokawa is the only one seeing others as animals is pretty much confirmed at this point. Also I have no idea how this show managed to do so many things without being rushed af. This is so satisfiying to see everything come together and the creators of this anime really are toying with us, I need to know what's in odokawa's room already, I need to know more about odokawa's "decease", and they just keep on teasing us.
check out odd taxi
May 17, 2021 12:53 PM

Oct 2016
I like this Yano guy

And his VA is a real rapper
MosuwainMay 18, 2021 6:21 AM
May 17, 2021 1:08 PM

Mar 2020
Mossswine said:
I like this Yano guy
Yeah he is fun to watch
check out odd taxi
May 17, 2021 1:22 PM

May 2018
Otouto is kind of a dummy, if Odokawa counts on him for backup he is lost.
Kabasawa being a coward is not a surprise and as such he is pretty competent at organising diversion and running away.
The honeytrap snapped on Kakihana but he is not the rich guy they think he is.
The rapping gangster is creepily entertaining, a complete psychopath. Dobu comes as a nice guy in comparison.
alshuMay 17, 2021 11:31 PM
May 17, 2021 1:46 PM

Jul 2011
This episode made me sad, knowing Ichimura is involved with the kidnappings.

If Dobu will shoot the scooter guy I'm all in.
May 17, 2021 2:07 PM

Sep 2019
"Good girl"

They still tease us with the girl that Odokawa supposedly kidnapped. I'm expecting some big things to be revealed about the body that got found in the Tokyo Bay. So the theories were right and Odakawa's sick, I wonder what's wrong with his brain.
May 17, 2021 2:13 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I knew Kakihana was going to get kidnapped because that what happens when you borrow money from the Yakuza loan sharks. Its even worse when that shady mamager hand Kakihana over to them after using Shiho to lure him out and Shiho is thinking about leaving the idol business. I also find it funny that Yano keeps busting out raps whenever he gets into a conversation.
May 17, 2021 2:17 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi and Dobu found their men fast Poor little monkey is the girl really in the closet
May 17, 2021 2:35 PM
Sep 2014
The preview at the end of the last episode did a good job at tricking us into thinking that Kakihana is going to get beaten up by the loan sharks, while instead it's Yamamoto and Sekiguchi trying to rob Kakihana, since the're convinced he's filthy rich. Would be interesting if the loan sharks happened to be from the same mafia that Yano is from, that's quite likely actually.

The company behind the idol group was presented as shady from the beginning, but I didn't expect they would steep so low as to actually kidnap people for money. I'm getting more and more convinced the company is only using idols as a cover-up for all the shady business it does with yakuza they might be doing. Thinking about it logically, if their actual goal was promoting idols, any sane manager would notice that if this much "additional work" is needed to keep the whole business profitable, then your idol promoting is a total failure. And Yamamoto is definitely not stupid.

And Nikaido is rotten to the core, not only not condoning Yamamoto's actions but also being mad at Ichimura for not wanting to keep going along with it. I feel seriously bad for Baba and Imai, they would be devastated if they discovered her true self. Which I'm actually lowkey hoping for, this would be very interesting to see how it unfolds.

The main star of the episode was definitely Yano, with his constant rapping on the spot. The more comical he appears here, the more I cannot wait for the next episode to see how much of a psycho he actually is behind his goofy facade.

Also Kabasawa is going to get caught by Dobu and threatened heavily within a week of their time if Kabasawa's real-life twitter is any indication.
apokaliz500May 17, 2021 2:53 PM
May 17, 2021 3:27 PM
Jul 2015
I really dislike the OP animation but this title is worth to watch it.
May 17, 2021 3:28 PM

Apr 2018
Kakihana messed up hard getting played by one of those girls. Know looks like Dobu and Odokawa gonna get heeps of trouble coming there way with that video being taken.
May 17, 2021 4:05 PM

Oct 2020
I was dying when yano started rapping

Also Odokawa is definitely a lot more suspicious now, I'm really curious about what he's hiding and his condition
May 17, 2021 4:09 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So Odokawa is the only one that sees everyone else as animals, right? That would explain how he could pinpoint so easily the others on the crowd, his brain injury, and the fact that he talks about auras. Shout out to the guy that theorized this on ep 2.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
May 17, 2021 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
The twins are so interesting to observe given how radical the paths they have taken is so different from each other.
May 17, 2021 5:19 PM

Feb 2021
bro is odokawa keeping that girl, like so much evidence but we havent seen her and she wants to be there of her own free will.

its confusing
May 17, 2021 5:38 PM
May 2020
Shueisha said:
Pretty sure what's behind the closed door in Odokawa's room is

Yet another great episode! This series is the hidden gem of this season

Yes my top for the season also.
Too bad most folks won't get it.
May 17, 2021 5:57 PM
Jun 2020
This episode is wonderful, the direction is incredible and Yano's introduction is very good, I think this one together with episode 4 is very top 1. Another 10/10, now ... whose corpse is it? Who is in Odokawa's closet? and What disease does Odokawa have? Schizophrenia?
May 17, 2021 6:34 PM

Jun 2019
Things are starting to pick up now that Odokawa is working with Dobu and working with the younger cop to get him arrested. Kabasawa filming them beating that guy up is gonna pose a big problem. Eiji got kidnapped too and the torturer is already one of my favorite characters in the series.
May 17, 2021 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Feel like the Theory that everyone is actually Human is stronger by the week. The reason why Odokawa can spot people in crowds is due to him being able to perceive people as animals. Which...well...we are.

Even when Goriki showed the picture of his brain it definitely looked human. HOWEVER I did google a Walrus' brain as well and some photos looked like the photo Goriki showed so...

Yano is an interesting guy. I don't even feel bad for Kakihana even though Shiho is trash as well. I am still confused how everyone is connected but I think it will click more and more each week.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 18, 2021 1:39 AM

Feb 2021
good god that yano guy is so annoying with the constant rhyming

dobu's actually kind of a fun guy tho
"What kind of superpower is that? Can you see people's auras?" lol
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
May 18, 2021 1:40 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So, Kabasawa was not on his class. The Revolutionary, Tanaka, got a bold move by shot Odokawa's house. Damn, Odokawa successfully dragged Little Daimon separately from his older twin brother. That eases Odokawa's endeavor to cleared his wrong view about those taxi driver and how his older brother involved in the middle of the evil circle. The reason behind his hatred toward taxi driver, mainly for Odokawa, come from a tragic past of his lifes. Rip to their parents. The talk between them mostly intriguing, and somehow sealed a deal. The little Daimon also tried to open that mystery door. But, once again, the show cunningly withholding the truth behind that door. Its also got worsen by adding the diversion at that finding the corpse case. Okay. I will wait for it patiently.

In the mean time, Shirakawa back to Goriki's clinic, and also back to the previous issue about Odokawa's treatment. How its important? Still no clue. Kakihana also got a fuckin real double trouble, not just a debt issue, it seems. Its Yano dude behind the idol badger game. The rap really annoying, for sure. The idol girl wanted to stop? Its too late. Street in the Halloween vibes. Fuckin Dobu really insane done his job. Dobu, and Odokawa finally found Kabasawa. Too bad he successfully escape.

Well, thats it all. Lets see what else i get in the next one...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 18, 2021 2:39 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic and wild episode goddamn. I like Little Daimon, he's not as dickish as his brother, he's kinda dumb but also kind of smart to some degree lmao. Odokawa kind of sus, is the missing girl really in there or not? We still don't know, they're implying that she is, especially that line about the dead body in the river and the "good girl" line.

So as others have speculated, Odokawa really does have some brain damage of some sort and that because of that he sees people as animals. Hmm, what if Odokawa was that taxi driver that killed Little and Big Daimon's parents which caused him to go crazy or some shit.

Yano is some creepily entertaining guy lmao, I wonder if the loan sharks are related to Yano, probably not, Kakihana really just that unlucky lmao, he's screwed 2x. Kabasawa is a mad lad, pretty terrifying to know that Tanaka is lurking somewhere in there. Really looking forward to the next episode.
May 18, 2021 2:49 AM

Jan 2021
Holy shit. Those raps are killing me xD
May 18, 2021 4:09 AM
Jul 2018
odokawa investigated a case this is very rare is really i am expecting more from odokawa in these events during the episode, this kidnapping opinion has something very mysterious behind Everything.
May 18, 2021 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
This show keeps quite interesting story and characters. Especially the rapper. Unexpected.
I felt Durarara!! vibes than before. I don't know ending until reveal true criminal.
May 18, 2021 4:26 AM
Sep 2019
Pre_Yum said:
KANLen09 said:

That's exactly what I was gonna say, The way they've tied up strings to each other and yet not messing it up with all the links is truly genius writing to me. With everything that's happening in this show, every character has a strong base somewhere and this was great to me that "yep there's was that connection to this at that 'point' even if it was for 30-seconds" LOL.
It's a great show yet really underappreciated and underrated. And I just found out from your threads that a twitter also exists for the scenarios from Kabasawa's perspective, like they're totally trying to engage this with real life. Great stuff.

de sho, same , brilliant writing and great execution no doubt.
May 18, 2021 5:40 AM

Nov 2013
I think Odokawa has:
1)PTSD
2)Amnesia
3)Schizophrenia

It may be odd (BUT THE TITLE SAYS ODD TAXI so xD), but Odokawa may ACTUALLY be the same taxi driver responsible for the deaths of police-brother's parents O_o.
This may be the event that made him forget the incident and turned him into a schizo who sees people as animals (Dobu made this clear in episode 7; though ep6 made good hints on it too. Odokawa sees Dobu as a freaking gorilla, and there aren't many gorillas running around, hence why he located him so easily. Considering how Dobu is actually just a random human with a mask - it makes sense why he's so surprised with Odokawa and even asks him "do you see people's aura or something?" This question doesn't make sense since SUPPOSEDLY there are different species of animals everywhere thus locating certain species/people in the crowd should be rather easy!)

I also theorize that the lost girl may actually be the dead girl they discovered in ep7. So far we have no evidence that there's anyone in Odokawa's house at all (they haven't even made a sound and It doesn't seem like they eat or drink). Also, OP shows someone hiding in Odokawa's house and then we see how this someone is "inside/back of Odokawa's head". This either implies that Odokawa is the only one who knows about her, or she may just be a part of Odokawa's imagination - thus only inside his head.
The missing girl may have asked Odokawa to hide her in his house, but Odokawa could have refused, resulting in her death. odokawa may be blaming himself for this and imagining that he chose to hide her that day, and that he's still hiding her. xD
May 18, 2021 7:42 AM
Mar 2021
I really enjoyed this episode, it's one of my favorites by far. I like how the story is progressing as we get into the last half of the season. I think that Odokawa definitely knows more than he is letting off about the missing girl.
May 18, 2021 9:35 AM

Apr 2021
I'm pretty sure Yano was shown as a random passer-by in an earlier episode.
May 18, 2021 9:40 AM
Jul 2017
rest in shit, kakihana.
May 18, 2021 12:14 PM

Aug 2015
At this point I really wish I knew enough Japanese to listen to the podcast each week.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLALPKX9PTmBZ-5X6GSm5B4rthGzNaTtpD

At 19:15, Big Daimon has one of the "Concert Watch" pens in his pocket, which supposedly feeds the podcast.

May 18, 2021 1:28 PM
Sep 2014
aeroperf said:
At this point I really wish I knew enough Japanese to listen to the podcast each week.

At 19:15, Big Daimon has one of the "Concert Watch" pens in his pocket, which supposedly feeds the podcast.

You can find translations here:
https://oddtaxi.fandom.com/wiki/Audio_Drama_1.3
May 18, 2021 9:51 PM

Jul 2020
This was a very enjoyable episode.

Kaki got mega baited. I like the turn this anime is taking, it's finally giving off the mysterious feeling I've been wanting since the beginning. I'm really excited to see how Oddokawa handles this situation in the near episodes.
May 19, 2021 12:01 AM

Nov 2012
My god, every character has a story to keep your eyes on, this is so good

My Candies:

May 19, 2021 12:40 AM

Jan 2011
Aye, love that guy at the start who called out the hippo's bullshit.

At this point it seems to me that the "only Odokawa sees them as animals" theory is basically confirmed.

apokaliz500 said:
aeroperf said:

You can find translations here:
https://oddtaxi.fandom.com/wiki/Audio_Drama_1.3
Yo, thanks for pointing this out.
ReaperCreeperMay 19, 2021 1:06 AM
May 19, 2021 2:37 AM

Mar 2020
schrxdyngr said:
kaiki_fan_boy said:
wtf this was so good. There were so many things happening in this episode. It was fucking amazing. This is easily anime of the season.

I don't think so, but everybody have different opinions (btw I think Sentouin is the anime of the season - Odd Taxi come in 2nd) but this still a lot better than ALL boku no hero seasons
Yeah of course it's just my opinion and with so many good shows airing this season everyone is gonna have a different favorite.
check out odd taxi
May 19, 2021 10:02 AM
#borntoboil

Jan 2021
is it bad that i relate to the younger daimon brother? i mean, i just try to be dumb but i'm actually really smart, not sure if it's that bad lol. still, i like him

shit, kakihana is gonna get dunked. i really want to punch all members of mystery kiss in the face, yamamoto included

i love this series. i swear if it doesn't get beyong 8.00 when it finishes airing i'll go ape shit
is it really worf to put things in here like nobody reads these

discord ~ ganjimex

May 19, 2021 7:45 PM
May 2015
Can we talk about how impressive it is that the sub translators were able to translate Yano's raps while keeping them in rhyme AND using all the same English phrases he used?
My candies:

Bonus candies:
May 19, 2021 9:16 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Youkasan said:
rest in shit, kakihana.

LOL Sometimes a poster expresses the perfect sentiment and this was one of those times.
May 20, 2021 7:15 PM

Dec 2020
SCOOTER GUY FROM OP IS YANO? AND HE HAD A (one sided) RAP BATTLE WITH ODAKAWA..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2021

389 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

86 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

87 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.