Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this arc continues to follow Satoko and Rika as they dive deeper into their adventure.

I really like how much Rika cares about her friend and seems like she will do anything to help her. Whether it's saving her from the darkness in this arc or just being a good friend, I think Rika represents as a valuable symbol of friendship in the show.

Yikes, the scene after the embrace...Satoko snapped her fingers and shit just went down.

Jul 2017
For all who are NOT aware, please check the latest interview from Ryukishi07, NOT EVERYTHING is as we are "expected" to believe:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1900143

WELP, Satoko is forced to face the reality of Rika, repeating loops of death until a probable future is made from "Featherine". Nekodamashi-hen was Rika, and now Satokowashi-hen is Satoko. Of course, Satoko just plays it off like a normal prank, unaware of the consequences.

It's such a contradiction that Rika and Satoko are bonded together in Hinamizawa, yet in the pursuit of entering St. Lucia, the will to leave Hinamizawa to find a better life amongst a pipe dream sadly becomes reality. I'd feel that Satoko is more than just obstructing Rika from studies, it's whether the endless sacrifice for the best friend is all worth the long run.

It's no coincidence that St. Lucia is working against Satoko in all areas, and the first loop attempted with the chandelier...what a scene.

The end times have begun...and the ED visuals sure aren't as cryptic as before.
KANLen09Feb 25, 2021 11:52 AM

Feb 2018
This conversation, has Satoko ever met a that Miko girl? It was as if the miko knew Satoko and this is very strange, I thought it would be the same as Hanyuu's dialogue with Rika. Those who repeat ... After all, this Miko girl gave Satoko the ability to loop. June 6, 1983, and Satoko returned in the past five years ago. Satoko struggles to escape that cursed fate, while Rika looks for a suitable future? So who is really looking for destiny? A little surprised because even though the time has been reset but the incident was the same as the bad end for Satoko, i mean that Matsuribayashi-hen. Still curious about Satoko will do later, why does Rika not suspect that Satoko is from the future / Looper, Not surprised if this arc belongs to Satoko.

Forget about Lucia and let's start a new life. Satoko tried to cancel Rika's plan to register with St. Lucia. Did I missheard? Just now Rika told Satoko that Rika wanted to go to St. Lucia since 100 years ago? Did Rika ever tell Satoko that Rika could repeat a destiny?

- Trying to stop Rika from regist St. Lucia.
- Stopping time studying Rika from Chie.
- Stopping Rika from studying at night.
- To be honest, not to take the St. Lucia entrance exam with stupid learn reason.

And yeah, Satoko failed... Rika betray Satoko. Satoko uses the loop again as result Rika die.

Restart and restart from the Zero and also ED Visual is masterpiece.

Feb 25, 2021 8:58 AM

Feb 2019
Yea now this is some peak fiction shit. A battle of loopers and best friends, I’m loving this. Satoko probably my new fave girl too.

Satoko gave Rika a chance again and she still betrayed her trust. I’m really surprised at Rika. The first time around I thought she had some sort of plan, but rn it really seems like Rika is just ignoring her friend and breaking her promises.

That murder suicide with the chandelier, man. Partly expected it, still wasn’t ready to see it. I don’t see how all this could be wrapped up in 3 eps, so I’m hoping for a s2 announcement soon! Lots of directions we could go in now especially with the umineko stuff.
Feb 25, 2021 9:00 AM

Apr 2019
gokigenyou, rika! *commits suicide and kills rika*

Feb 25, 2021 9:01 AM
Apr 2019
Yay. The OP finally shows uhhh Featherine, I guess? I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong, since Ryukishi07 interview stated that she's not Featherine and I'm watching this without sub in Ani One. Nice visuals also at the ED in this episode.

I thought at first that we would spend another time doing the same thing, but the end scene compensates for that thing. We're already few episodes before the end, yet the situation is not solved. Season 2 might be a possibility.
Feb 25, 2021 9:02 AM

Mar 2019
Well played by Satoko, well played. She gave Rika one last chance. Next time things will change for sure a lot...
Feb 25, 2021 9:04 AM

Jul 2014
Marinate1016 said:
Yea now this is some peak fiction shit. A battle of loopers and best friends, I’m loving this. Satoko probably my new fave girl too.

Satoko gave Rika a chance again and she still betrayed her trust. I’m really surprised at Rika. The first time around I thought she had some sort of plan, but rn it really seems like Rika is just ignoring her friend and breaking her promises.

That murder suicide with the chandelier, man. Partly expected it, still wasn’t ready to see it. I don’t see how all this could be wrapped up in 3 eps, so I’m hoping for a s2 announcement soon! Lots of directions we could go in now especially with the umineko stuff.

Unlikely for a season2.
We will likely get a rushed ending like it always happen.

I just don't understand the point of wasting the first 13 episode if this was always a planned sequel.
To let the new comers get a chance? Will surely they were doing shitty job at it.
Feb 25, 2021 9:10 AM

Apr 2009
lol Ciconia stuff too now. I wonder if Featherine actually meant something or was just confused for waking up.

I'm going to guess Satoko actually got sent back and didn't switch fragment, otherwise the Matsuri stuff again make no sense.

Her backstory was awful to even justify the level of torture shes going to inflict on Rika, but I expected it.

Jul 2014
Am I the only one who isn't buying that Rika would turned cold shoulder to Satoko btw? Like, with how far she goes far in the original Higurashi it's really hard to buy she would kick her to the side for few new kids.

Aug 2018
This was so stupid.
Only three episodes left, nothing can save this show at this point.

Jin_uzuki said:
lol Ciconia stuff too now. I wonder if Featherine actually meant something or was just confused for waking up.

I'm going to guess Satoko actually got sent back and didn't switch fragment, otherwise the Matsuri stuff again make no sense.

Her backstory was awful to even justify the level of torture shes going to inflict on Rika, but I expected it.

I didn't play Ciconia yet but I'm assuming you're talking about the strange names she called Satoko?
Feb 25, 2021 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
Jin_uzuki said:

Rushed ending with Rika forgiving Satoko is coming.
I understand that Satoko felt betrayed, but what gives? Even if Rika was her mortal enemy she wouldn't have gone this far.

This is the worst backstory they could have come for Satoko tho.
They could have used Satoshi, but no.
Local teenage girl is too angry that her friend is ignoring her so she's gonna torture her until her mind break.
Feb 25, 2021 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
The way that ending happened oof. Along with how it transitioned into the ED song/visual. Really well done there.
Feb 25, 2021 9:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Holy shit that end of episode with Satoko suiciding and killing Rika with her, so many things that are happening right now, I just can't wait to see the next episode...
Feb 25, 2021 9:18 AM

Apr 2009
_Endless_ said:
This was so stupid.

Jin_uzuki said:

I didn't play Ciconia yet but I'm assuming you're talking about the strange names she called Satoko?

Yes, Vier is a Ciconia character. Mitsuyo isn't (yet) but Anomalous Spinal Cord LD3105 sounds like something from Ciconia.

Vier looks like Takano and is blonde, hence I assume the confusion.

Feb 25, 2021 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
Jin_uzuki said:

Can you explain about Ciconia? I haven't played it, but I'm curious as to what in this episode was a reference to it?

edit: nvm the reply to that question was already posted when i was typing this post
LyreeFeb 25, 2021 9:30 AM
Feb 25, 2021 9:27 AM

May 2018
Hmmm "Featherine" calling Satoko "Vier" and "Mitsuyo"... AND "Anomalous Specimen", this started off very weird.

Rika went through hell to get to Matsuribayashi, and then there's Satoko casually looping to it again on her first loop. I am aware that Matsuribayashi is Rika's story, not Satoko's, but I find this a bit tragicomic... or she is back there, because she didn't die at the end of a loop, so she somehow remained in the same fragment. I mean, first Gou chapters need to come after this anyway, so she will get bad loops as well. And Rika seems like she doesn't remember already studying to get to St.Lucia once.
I also have a feeling something is going on regarding Miyo, as they are showing Matsuribayashi end for a few times now. Or it is just a coincidece...

Just as Rika says, Satoko is the one putting herself below. Rika did offer her help, and Satoko is the one creating even more distance between them.
Satoko basically became a villain, which is unusual considering original Higurashi. That being said, this episode was much more interesting than the previous few, hopefully season finale will keep it up.

Inanna_201Feb 25, 2021 9:52 AM

Feb 25, 2021 9:28 AM
Oct 2011
Jin_uzuki said:
_Endless_ said:
This was so stupid.

Yes, Vier is a Ciconia character. Mitsuyo isn't (yet) but Anomalous Spinal Cord LD3105 sounds like something from Ciconia.

Vier looks like Takano and is blonde, hence I assume the confusion.

And Featherine in this episode mentions the meat factory in Ciconia with the spinal cords hanging. One of the most gruesome scenes from Ciconia. And in this scene in Ciconia we have what appear to be Featherine as well.

And in Ciconia we have two "Takano" characters. The simulation theory and Lambdadelta origins became more probable I think for Ciconia.
Feb 25, 2021 9:39 AM

Aug 2009
People hating on Rika, saying she "betrayed" Satoko should start putting some distance between themselves and their friends. For he sake of their friends.

Rika at worst, fails to understand that Satoko is a mentally unstable girl that cant live without her.

Satoko on the other hand, intentionally tries to interfere and sabotage her "best friend's" efforts, puts all the blame on her and in the end kills her. No need to mention what she does later right?

Satoko wants Rika to pay attention only to her, play and study only with her. This is nothing more than a toxic relationship at the worst possible magnitude.

Well good for her, now they can loop forever till Rika decide to forgive her and be BFFS again.

But does it matter?Rika only needs slightly disagree with Satoko and she will just be killed.

This is bullshit.

I was hoping that Satoko would be at least partially manipulated, even if it ruins Higurashi as a whole, but no. Satoko is just that bad.

And FUCK magic fingers.
ssjokgFeb 25, 2021 9:42 AM
Feb 25, 2021 9:42 AM
Oct 2020
This has to be the best and my favorite episode of this show because the hype is back not gonna lie I skip from episode 12 to 15 and then starting watching I felt Satoko pain when she tried again but those last minutes was the start of a loop war between both loopers I really can't wait for the next episode :]
Feb 25, 2021 9:47 AM

May 2011
> Rika offers her help in both loops multiple times
> Satoko refuses it every time
> Satoko: YOU BETRAYED ME! WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP ME?

Jesus what is wrong with this Satoko girl... honestly hate characters like this where they blame you for everything when you literally stand in front of them and ask if they need help.

Marinate1016 said:

Did we watch the same thing? In the first loop we literally see Rika offering her help which Satoko declined. On the second loop this ep when they were talking before the chandelier Rika said the same thing as the first loop where Satoko declined her help again...
Feb 25, 2021 9:47 AM

Sep 2019
Satoko is annoying but the last scene was awesome. I thought she would just kill Rika but she killed herself at the same time to redo her actions. I liked how they changed the op with the reveal from last episode.
Feb 25, 2021 9:48 AM

May 2019
So Satoko doesn't want to be helped, but blames Rika for not helping after telling her to not help. Riiiiight.
Idk what are you doing, Ryukishi, but this bitch is irredeemable.

Nice suicide scene tho.

Feb 25, 2021 9:53 AM
Dec 2020
ssjokg said:

And FUCK magic fingers.

I agree wholeheartedly. Satoko's traps used to be believable. Tripwires she'd set up beforehand and stuff like that. In GOU they just magically appear out of nowhere. It's so fucking asinine. Why didn't they just add a cord hanging from the chandelier? Sure, it would be very easy to see but at least it wouldn't be so dumb.
Devil_Slayer said:

Rushed ending with Rika forgiving Satoko is coming.

Yes, this is the most likely scenario. Called it last week. The supposed 'loop-killing-sword' will either not be used or "purify" Satoko, removing all the blame from her character.

Next week: Satoko's POV and how she managed to cause the bad endings. Possibly ending with the Satoko-magics-a-gun-into-the-classroom scene.
Next week + 1: Confrontation. Possibly resolution as well.
Next week + 2: Resolution (cont.) + Epilogue. Possible cameos to fill some time at the end (Featherine/Bern/Lambda discussing the events of the anime from the metaworld's perspective for example)
Feb 25, 2021 9:54 AM

Nov 2017
That was a very Godfather-ish mafia episode. I liked it!
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Feb 25, 2021 9:55 AM

Oct 2012
They changed both op (revealing the shadowed character) and ed (showing what is exactly happening in this arc)

If you look at lyrics.. everything makes sense if you think as Satoko's POV.
3rdNightMay 25, 2021 7:08 PM
Feb 25, 2021 9:55 AM

May 2020
This was pretty entertaining.

Some of the stuff that 'Featherine' says is very interesting. She even calls Rika a cat... Oh boy.

Although Rikas ability to loop is ot hers, so I dunno why she called it her ability. Wouldnt it be Hanyuus? Although fragment Hanyuu calls it Rikas power so... guess its not a problem

Regardless it seems that we can continue from the present now. We're definitely heading quickly towards the ep 24. How will Rika react to this?

This entire justification is still exteremely weak though. Featherine look alike is not playing Satoko like a fiddle, Satokos the one doing everything without any doubt. Good lord.

I expected something extreme to happen to Satoko. Something really really extreme to push her over the edge.. Something on the level of her Uncle coming back and doing what he wanted to do to her when she had grown up. Ryuukishis statement about Satokos design made me hope that.. but nope.

Satokos beyond any and all redemption, Rika is an idiot. Gou protagonists people. Disregarding Satoko, Rika should have seen this coming.
ChargecoulombFeb 25, 2021 10:07 AM
Feb 25, 2021 9:59 AM

Aug 2009
TKNion said:
Possible cameos to fill some time at the end (Featherine/Bern/Lambda discussing the events of the anime from the metaworld's perspective for example)

If it happens and they say that it was a "waste of time and garbage" or anything of that sort I will rate it 10/10.

Feb 25, 2021 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
I swear they couldn't have given Satoko and weaker backstory for her actions even if they tried.

Srsly what is Ryokishi doing anymore?
Feb 25, 2021 10:03 AM

Nov 2008
I'm kinda over it tbh. This is real silly. I'll still finish it cuz there's only three episodes left but mmh I can't see this sticking the landing at this point.
Feb 25, 2021 10:04 AM
Oct 2020
I loved this ep, the ed is so fkin good.
Feb 25, 2021 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
Wow. I can't wait to see how you people try to defend Satoko this time. If the timeline went like last time then Satoko refused Rika's offer to help AGAIN yet is still complaining because things aren't going exactly her way and then finally killed Rika like we all knew was coming. Fuck that bitch. She wasn't nearly this bad in the original show.

God, I hope Rika goes full Bernkastel and comes up with some plan to get rid of this crazy bitch then moves on with her life instead of any kind of "Oh I'm so sorry we should be besties again." bullshit. Fuck.
Feb 25, 2021 10:10 AM

Sep 2020
Couldn't Satoko have parted ways with Rika after Matsuribayashi-hen? Yes, Satoko and Rika are close friends, but she could have gone a different route in life. No need to be that loyal to Rika and go to a place where she will suffer a lot.

Also those finger snaps are really getting out of hand. Seriously though, just like what ssjokg above Sakoto's traps were believable, but now they just straight up feel like magic.

Welp, 3 more episodes until it is all over.

Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
TKNion said:
Possible cameos to fill some time at the end (Featherine/Bern/Lambda discussing the events of the anime from the metaworld's perspective for example)

If it happens and they say that it was a "waste of time and garbage" or anything of that sort I will rate it 10/10.

It just weird, we know Ryokishi is very capable of very deep and complex writing
I don't know why Gou is so fucking shallow and stupid despite all.
Dec 2020
Devil_Slayer said:

Srsly what is Ryokishi doing anymore?

Selling out of course! Gotta get that gacha money.
Feb 25, 2021 10:11 AM
Sep 2008
Justinian2324 said:
Yay. The OP finally shows uhhh Featherine, I guess? I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong, since Ryukishi07 interview stated that she's not Featherine and I'm watching this without sub in Ani One. Nice visuals also at the ED in this episode.

I thought at first that we would spend another time doing the same thing, but the end scene compensates for that thing. We're already few episodes before the end, yet the situation is not solved. Season 2 might be a possibility.

Its 100% featherine but she's probably calling herself oyashiro like hanyuu is kinda
Feb 25, 2021 10:12 AM

May 2020
The man wanted to put some light on an underutilized character. So he said.

Satokos gonna suffer the worst fate of all. Turning into a joke.

The Mei characters are written better than this. If they gave gou to the Mei writers they probably would have done a better job.
Feb 25, 2021 10:12 AM

Jan 2015
Ciconia stuff too now? Lol

Anyways, I see how this episode ties directly to the beginning of the 2nd episode if I’m not wrong. When she wakes up saying she was finally out of the loop but didn’t know who killed her. Stuff is finally coming together

Other then that, Satoko is the one at fault period. She’s the one who refused Rika’s help
Feb 25, 2021 10:13 AM
Sep 2008
Kinda wish we got to see how rika died to get to this world since she's talking as the looper rika not the regular rika before awakening as looper rika.
Feb 25, 2021 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
swordmaster2551 said:
Kinda wish we got to see how rika died to get to this world since she's talking as the looper rika not the regular rika before awakening as looper rika.

But she is looper Rika.
Feb 25, 2021 10:19 AM

Nov 2017
Now Satoko can go back in time when she dies with her memories intact. With that in mind, I don't really feel she needed to study or anything like that. Not sure why her grades were declining this time around.

But it doesn't matter anyway 'cause she decides to kamikaze herself along with Rika. Sheesh
Feb 25, 2021 10:19 AM

May 2020
swordmaster2551 said:

You mean how Satoko is back in Matsuri again?
Featherine person probabaly looped time. If Rika had died she would have known it. Not her death itself, but that fact that she had beat Matsuri again.
Feb 25, 2021 10:21 AM
Oct 2011
Devil_Slayer said:
ssjokg said:

It just weird, we know Ryokishi is very capable of very deep and complex writing

Maybe a Gou visual novel it would have more depth, but an anime it is different. R07 certainly has no control over the amount of eps and production, as it does in the visual novel where controls basically everything.
Feb 25, 2021 10:23 AM

May 2020
Thanos_ said:
Devil_Slayer said:

Maybe a Gou visual novel it would have more depth, but an anime it is different. R07 certainly has no control over the amount of eps and production, as it does in the visual novel where controls basically everything.

This I doubt. Ryuukishi inisists that they took the time to slowly go through the events.

Its a lie of course. Gou is rushed, but he does say so.

Theres only so much you can do to fix this. A VN would only be better if they took some serious liberties with the story and outright change a lot of things.

I do know how to use Onscripter / Ponscripter. if anybody wants to write a better Gou I'll be up to help you put it in the VN.
ChargecoulombFeb 25, 2021 10:28 AM
Feb 25, 2021 10:27 AM
Oct 2011
Chargecoulomb said:
Thanos_ said:

This I doubt. Ryuukishi inisists that they took the time to slowly go through the events.

I think this is just PR talk. A Gou 80+ hours visual novel would explore sakoto’s life in much more detail and with her inner thoughts. I think Gou is just a side job for R07 because he did put Ciconia Phase 2 on hold because the pandemic.
Feb 25, 2021 10:28 AM
Sep 2008
ssjokg said:
swordmaster2551 said:

But she is looper Rika.

That's what I said yes, so to get to this world Rika would have to have died from the 1st st.Lucia world unless featherine literally rewound that world which I guess she could have done instead of putting satoko in a new world.
Feb 25, 2021 10:30 AM
Sep 2008
Chargecoulomb said:
swordmaster2551 said:

You mean how Satoko is back in Matsuri again?
Featherine person probabaly looped time. If Rika had died she would have known it. Not her death itself, but that fact that she had beat Matsuri again.

Yeah I guess since Featherine is literally more powerful than Hanyuu, she could have just rewound time in the world instead of jumping to a new one like Hanyuu + Rika usually do.
Feb 25, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2020
Thanos_ said:
Chargecoulomb said:

I think this is just PR talk. A Gou 80+ hours visual novel would explore sakoto’s life in much more detail and with her inner thoughts. I think Gou is just a side job for R07 because he did put Ciconia Phase 2 on hold because the pandemic.

We already have a pretty good grasp of what her thoughts are. A big problem with Gou is the plot itself. No matter how much you fill it up it will still be bad.

Ryuukishi wrote an entire book or something for Gou. He planned this out in advance.
Feb 25, 2021 10:31 AM

Aug 2009
swordmaster2551 said:
ssjokg said:

But she is looper Rika.

That's what I said yes, so to get to this world Rika would have to have died from the 1st st.Lucia world unless featherine literally rewound that world which I guess she could have done instead of putting Satoko in a new world.
Satoko was sent back to a fragment where Rika was still a looper that hant progressed beyond June 83.

Did Featherine sent he rback in time or a different fragment?Who knows...Satoko didnt even die.

Gou doesnt care about stuff like rules or consistency.
Feb 25, 2021 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
damn satoko finally getting some revenge, rika is kinda a shit friend tbh. also, if satoko remembers everything then wouldn't she be able to pass the tests and stuff without studying or after each loop wouldn't she get more academic knowledge so her grades wouldn't drop? seems like a little bit of a plot hole but i'll just ignore it since its not too bad
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

313 by eblf2013 »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.