Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2021 7:32 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With Team Spica off to a strong foundation with Tokai Teio's comeback and adding to that: Mejiro McQueen's record, the competition grows ever fonder with never-ending trainings and challenges...starting from new team Canopus who have big words, but little to no action. Maybe you girls should work on your training before you declare a challenge.

The Tennoushou race goal pitch. To think that how the both of them started their friendship out of pure rivalry, add in with a little bit of coincidental fate, and the two's unassuming friendship are solidified way before they ever made to Team Spica.

The Hanshin Daishouten's rainy match of McQueen's, another W despite the intense pressure from rivals, putting her in the same pedestal as Tokai Teio. As much as they're friends, their competitive rivalry only keeps them growing in spirit and tandem.

Time for Tokai Teio's comeback race at the Osaka Hai...
KANLen09Jan 19, 2021 5:26 PM
Jan 18, 2021 8:03 AM

Apr 2010
So the rivalry is on and not just between the girls but also between the team tho i do think that other team needs to take their training a bit more serious and not just their tactics.
Still it's funny to watch that team.

Anyway looking forward to Teiou and Mcqueen's races.
Jan 18, 2021 10:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah the new year events xD and that second part with McQueen was pretty tense and good.
Jan 18, 2021 10:29 AM
Sep 2019
can't wait for the two clash. Teoi or McQueen, I'm excited to see this horse girls race.
Jan 18, 2021 11:51 AM

Sep 2019
McQueen's race was good, I enjoyed it. Teiou's new outfit looks cute. I want to see Twin Turbo's race.
Jan 18, 2021 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
I really have a soft spot for Twin Turbo now. Her antics might not be smart, but it definitely wins her some cute moments with that enthusiasm of hers. X3

Either way, I really enjoyed how resolute the friendly rivalry Teio and McQueen have between each other. Even before they first joined Spica, both girls were doing their best to outdo each other in training. That flashback was nice, though.

McQueen's race was interesting. Only 5 other horse girls, but they all operated like a team, hell bent on taking down the favourite. Thankfully, McQueen showed them up easily by winning the race.

Now it's Teio's turn. I'm digging her new outfit, though. The scarf and the midriff/navel cowgirl combo looks very hot on her. =3
Jan 18, 2021 12:50 PM

Mar 2019
Very beautiful friendship and at the same time rivalry between McQueen and Teio, that's way to get better and better.

The tactic against McQueen wasn't bad, but in the end she was just too strong ... but you can tell the other girls are willing to beat her.
Jan 18, 2021 1:30 PM

Jul 2017
A nice new year shrine visit to kick things off, everyone put their prayers out which is healthy, I wish they all came true, well ofc not all are possible at this point tho lmao.

Great competitive-friendship Teio and McQueen got there, such a healthy rivalry going on between them, can't wait to see their clash at the the Spring Tennoushou. I wish the best for them.
Meanwhile the Canopus girls want to have a showdown and defeating Spica, great spirit from all the horsegirls today I see.

Congratulations for McQueen for her victory in this episode, she truly is incredible, those horsegirls are no match for her. Make me much more excited to see if she will keep this form when facing Teio aswell. Would be so dope seeing both at full power going against each other.

Very great episode.

AikotobaJan 18, 2021 1:35 PM
Jan 18, 2021 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
I've officially moved on from Special week as MC; Teio would carry this series well.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 18, 2021 3:00 PM

Aug 2017
some of their outfits are kind of ridiculous. I guess their horsegirl superpowers make them immune to drag? like Twin Turbo was wearing such a baggy coat.
Jan 18, 2021 4:14 PM

Apr 2015
Nice to see this rivalry between Teio and McQueen up close from the first moment they enrolled into the school. Great stuff.

Also loved to see the three stages of Special Week and the cake on her head... Why was it even there in the first place?
Jan 18, 2021 6:19 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
This season is getting better and better with each passing episode. The character dynamics and rivalry between teio and mcqueen are really enjoyable and so far I'm liking the second season more than the first one.

Jan 18, 2021 6:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Good stuff, I can probably say now I’m liking this season more than the first, I really like the spotlight on Teiou and McQueen, as well as the new characters introduced. I’ve also gotten used to the CGI now, and the well animated parts make up for it too. Excited for next week!
Jan 18, 2021 8:09 PM

Oct 2020
I love the rivalry between Teio and McQueen. Next week hopefully Teio's big race. Is that cutout of Hishi Amazon going to be a running gag for that one time?

Jan 18, 2021 11:04 PM

Feb 2016
CeddyyBearr said:
Nice to see this rivalry between Teio and McQueen up close from the first moment they enrolled into the school. Great stuff.

Also loved to see the three stages of Special Week and the cake on her head... Why was it even there in the first place?

There was absolutely no reason at all for her to have a cake on top of her head under the rain, that's why we all love Spe-chan!
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jan 19, 2021 1:22 AM

Aug 2019
Turbo might be my new favorite character now
Jan 19, 2021 3:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The new year has began too there. Every horse girls had their new own goals, once again. Canopus horse girls really showed me how good their determination to reach Spica team. New girl of their team, Machikane, looked very fresh at her quick introduction. While the main duo of these season, Tokai and McQueen challenged each others at the incoming big races.

Their first coincidence meetings, day by days, in the past, proved how strong their relations back at the first day. The decision of Teio to became the undefeated horse girl decided something extreme. Their battle, their rivality, to proved whose the best among them. Thats a good spirit, and determination from them both. McQueen showed Teio how her respond toward the next challenge, at her latest race under that bad weather. McQueen too powerful, no one could stop her. Gladly nothing bad happened, there, and lets see how well Tokai responded to McQueen's glory at the next episode ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 19, 2021 7:27 PM

Oct 2017
That flashback of Mcqueen and Teio was sweet.

Teio has finally recovered and with Mcqueen winning her race it's finally time for Teio's comeback race. Also damn Mcqueen vs Teio race too, really hyped for both.
Jan 20, 2021 2:00 AM

Oct 2008
the hell Toukai Teiou's outfit on that last part was so gorgeous!!!
hurray McQueen shows that she's one hell of a rival for Toukai Teiou!
S1 was rivalry between Special Week and Silence Suzuka and S2 is rivalry between Toukai Teiou and Meijirou McQueen!
5/5.

Jan 25, 2021 3:00 AM

Sep 2016
this season is a real jump up in quality from season one for me. even though i still haven't warmed up quite enough to mcqueen and teio as the protagonists compared to special week and silence suzuka, the directing and dramatic tension is just superior here.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jan 29, 2021 9:46 AM

Mar 2013
I really thought I could push through and watch this without special week, but I can't. Dropped.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 16, 2021 11:35 PM

Feb 2020
Why Special Week had a piece of cake on her head? lol.. Those hairdresser scenes are also hilarious. xD

Go go McQueen! What a nice race. Now it's Teiou's turn to win the next race. :)
SerafosFeb 16, 2021 11:39 PM
Mar 19, 2021 8:31 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode with the rivalry between Teio and MC Queen. Also had plenty of low-key comedy again. Love this series for that xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 31, 2021 4:12 PM

Jul 2015
Healthy and lovely rivalry Mcqueen and Teio got there, good to see how it all started. Incredible performance of Mcqueen outrunning the other contestants in the basically 1v5 race, looking forward to see the big rival race against Teio.

Jul 1, 2021 10:39 PM

Jan 2017
Why did SW has a cake on top of her raincoat LMAO

One step closer to the eventual Mcqueen vs Teio showdown, Mcqueen was truly no match for the other 5 racers
Dec 31, 2021 10:35 AM

Sep 2018
Episode that differs from the previous ones due to the fact that it did not give space to any dramatic situation and to have had in the final part of the episode a very intense little parenthesis at a narrative and adrenaline level: the horse race made by the protagonist Mejiro McQuenn was excellent. The comedy and the reconstruction, albeit brief, of the shared past of Teio and McQuenn are pleasant. Good quality of drawings and animations, catchy OST.
Mar 27, 2023 7:15 AM

Feb 2014
Great, everyone's a champion now with their own "epic" arcs. What was the point of Special Week being a protagonist again?
Jul 6, 2023 6:44 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wasn't expecting this Teio x McQueen rivalry, but I see now it should've been obvious seeing that they are running next to each other in the key visual. And I'm all for it; I mean who didn't love those "hahahahahahaha"'s LOL

I was worried for McQueen in this race though, especially with the rain and Trainer telling her to be careful with mud and what not, I was dreading McQueen getting injured as well and this newly discovered rivalry to be put on hold right at the start. But that would've been a bit too clichéd, and thankfully that doesn't happen. One injury per season is enough, and we don't need things to slow down. Which is one thing this series has been so good at from the start; it never feels slow, and finishes up things with blistering speed.

Speaking of, we didn't dwell too long on Teio's fracture either. We spend only one episode on it, she says "f*ck you hospital!", goes through rehab, gets a bit sad, but not for long. And with a time jump, we are now back to see Teio running at full force. How am I so invested in this? I only picked this up to see the scene where Teio sings "ballin'", and with a slight touch of hope that I might like this. And now it's becoming one of my favourite anime, wtf

NYANPASU
5700XT

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2021

62 by vino1931 »»
Aug 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

44 by Shocked »»
May 21, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

54 by RusiansBF »»
May 16, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2021

49 by RusiansBF »»
May 15, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 11, 2021

49 by Fujiwara_Chika04 »»
Mar 24, 12:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.