Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 5, 2021 10:14 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode is up on netflix JP
Pretty slow paced episode, but the feeling is the same as the first season, it was labeled episode 13 on the website by th way. Lets hope it will be as good
Rokume san is here, we had a debate on wheter its CV was a man or a woman. (it was Kujira aka "whale" voice)
Ghost stories, a bit too classical from me, searching for ghosts isnt the kind of thing to do at school, studying is way more important.
Still a bit scary
It has a similar feeling when Im on my laptop in the office at night
Jan 5, 2021 10:46 AM
Dec 2018
I'm really sad I don't have Netflix rn lol
Jan 5, 2021 11:04 AM

Oct 2018
I don't like to say these kinda things, but Beastars is the best anime made by humanity.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 5, 2021 12:22 PM

Nov 2019
Ringare said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The episode is up on netflix JP
Pretty slow paced episode, but the feeling is the same as the first season, it was labeled episode 13 on the website by th way. Lets hope it will be as good
Rokume san is here, we had a debate on wheter its CV was a man or a woman. (it was Kujira aka "whale" voice)
Ghost stories, a bit too classical from me, searching for ghosts isnt the kind of thing to do at school, studying is way more important.
Still a bit scary
It has a similar feeling when Im on my laptop in the office at night

Had a feeling it was kujira. From the trailer, i have this orochimaru feeling. Haha

That said, great start to the season. So much love for the 701 boys! Really love how much screen time theyre getting here. They are good boys!
Jan 5, 2021 1:38 PM
Nov 2020
So im not im JP so when does it come out every where eles. So like when does it come out subed? If its not allready. Bc i can’t find it on my danish Netflix
Jan 5, 2021 1:41 PM
Aug 2017
Thim_Anime said:
So im not im JP so when does it come out every where eles. So like when does it come out subed? If its not allready. Bc i can’t find it on my danish Netflix
It won't be available outside of Japan until July 2021. Netflix is flawless with its release dates :v
Jan 5, 2021 1:43 PM
Nov 2020
SNegrete96 said:
Thim_Anime said:
It won't be available outside of Japan until July 2021. Netflix is flawless with its release dates :v
(first idk if im replying to you rn but lets find out) okay thanks thats also my b-day so okay
Jan 5, 2021 6:05 PM

Apr 2019
SNegrete96 said:
Thim_Anime said:
Thim_Anime said:
SNegrete96 said:
(first idk if im replying to you rn but lets find out) okay thanks thats also my b-day so okay
I don't think this is true, I'm pretty sure netflix only did a pre-release of the first episode one day before it's actual air date. Otherwise this series would be labeled as ONA not TV.

Jan 5, 2021 10:36 PM
Aug 2017
9000 said:
SNegrete96 said:
Thim_Anime said:
I don't think this is true, I'm pretty sure netflix only did a pre-release of the first episode one day before it's actual air date. Otherwise this series would be labeled as ONA not TV.

It's not an ONA because in Japan it will be airing as a normal TV series, streaming weekly. Outside of Japan you'll have to wait. That's the same that happened with the first season of Beastars, it was premiered like 6 months after the last episode aired.
Jan 5, 2021 10:39 PM

Apr 2019
SNegrete96 said:
9000 said:

It's not an ONA because in Japan it will be airing as a normal TV series, streaming weekly. Outside of Japan you'll have to wait. That's the same that happened with the first season of Beastars, it was premiered like 6 months after the last episode aired.
f4nsubb1ng and p1rating? That statement is only true if we are talking about official/legal releases.

Jan 5, 2021 11:55 PM

Nov 2014
A bit of a tame and relaxed episode compared to what we're about to see next in the rest of this season. I cant wait to see this show finally go full "shounen". Considering the reviews on s1, it seems like some people are under the impression that this was a SOL/romance show (despite the obvious shounen tag) and therefore gave the series a low score cause they think the "shounen" parts are unnecessary LMAO.

They added a few scenes to stretch out this episode and end it on this cliffhanger. Understandable, but I hope they won't have to rush certain scenes later on because of filler contents. The CGI is great as always. It seems the smallest dog and the mouse president are even livelier than they were in season 1. I like the little details they added to these two small ones.

Also, is it just me or is Haru's voice especially kawaii and sweet in this episode than all of season 1?? XDDD
ttcchenJan 6, 2021 12:02 AM
Jan 6, 2021 4:59 AM

Jul 2017
The world of Beastars only gets bigger from here on out, and continuing on

Good thing both Haru and Legoshi are opening up to each other, but society at large is still very cannabalizing, so laying low is the only best option for now. And just when things aren't getting any better, trying to tamper with Tem's "ghostly gnaw" sure is a highlight for filler content.

Louis finally walking out of the limelight of the Acting Club, the contents are left better in the manga instead (since 12 episodes won't be enough for that backstory).

Most importantly, with Louis out of the way, who to choose to be the next Beastar? Juno sure made an impression at the festival in Season 1, but this is easier said than done.

YOASOBI's song is pretty fine though, it's no ALI, but it's good enough.
Jan 6, 2021 5:50 AM

May 2020
Ayo finally watched it Pretty good looking forward to what this adaptation can offer for the next arcs
Jan 6, 2021 6:06 AM
Feb 2020
THE OP IS SO GOOD AGAIN AAAA!!!! DESPITE BEING A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STYLE FROM THE FIRST ONE, IT'S AWESOME!!! Also the first episode already got me kinda excited!
Jan 6, 2021 6:25 AM

May 2020
Questions to Manga Readers
What chapters does the first ep adapt? Does it starts where S1 Left off?
Jan 6, 2021 6:33 AM

Nov 2016
Now I wish I hadn't watched the trailer. Tho for anyone familar with Harry Potter and based on the sounds it shouldn't be that hard to guess with what kind of "ghost" Legosi is dealing with. Also lol, is that Orochimaru's voice?

Great start. Feels like I was watching the last episode a week ago and I'm totally into it.

MegamiRem said:
FMmatron said:
Now I wish I hadn't watched the trailer. Tho for anyone familar with Harry Potter and based on the sounds it shouldn't be that hard to guess with what kind of "ghost" Legosi is dealing with.
I have no idea what that ghost could be xD

Then the next episode should have aince surprise in store, even tho that "ghost/monster" is definitely an animal you're familiar with.

FMmatronJan 6, 2021 7:03 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 6, 2021 6:33 AM

Sep 2019
The op is great but I liked the first season’s a lot more. It was a good episode and a good build up to this season’s arc.
z00nexJan 6, 2021 7:06 AM
Jan 6, 2021 6:47 AM

Oct 2017
Beastars is back with an okay start. Nothing much happened aside from introducing a new mysterious character who's not so mysterious if you've watched the trailer for this season lol. Also with Louis's declaration that the sides have changed to Legosi this definitely feels like the start to something big.

Hoping the rest of the season will be entertaining.
FMmatron said:
Now I wish I hadn't watched the trailer. Tho for anyone familar with Harry Potter and based on the sounds it shouldn't be that hard to guess with what kind of "ghost" Legosi is dealing with.
I have no idea what that ghost could be XD
MegamiRemJan 20, 2021 12:13 AM
Jan 6, 2021 6:51 AM

Jun 2020
AAARGH I can't be the only one who got Chamber of secrets vibe from this ep !
I feel like this season is gonna be on another level
Jan 6, 2021 6:54 AM

Jun 2020
I haven't even watched season 1 yet

I said keep your hands on the table
Jan 6, 2021 7:40 AM
Jan 2019
Very entertaining first episode that showcases a lot of love for the 701 gang and raises mulitple interesting questions (if you haven't read the manga ofc). They managed to get some really great close-up shots with the great CG imo. Overall a great season premiere 5/5.
Jan 6, 2021 7:51 AM
Nov 2019
The OP is really good maybe even as good as the first one. The Story seems to be going in a different direction than I expected but it’s definitely interesting. Overall good first episode I enjoyed it.

Jan 6, 2021 8:10 AM

Feb 2019
Finally it's here! I liked it, and although I'm not such a big fan of ghost stories and horror stuff, I enjoyed the atmosphere. Somehow, it seemed really tense. I haven't read the manga, so I'm curious now about what's coming next. The OP is good, but I find the first one better.
Oh, God - the lives people try to lead. Oh, God - what a world they try to lead them in!

Jan 6, 2021 8:14 AM

Dec 2009
That was awesome, I really liked it! The opening is also good, reminds me of the ending from Dorohedoro, I don't know why. But still, nothing beats S1's OP.

I'm not a manga reader, but based on the first series, I always suspected Jack to be up to something, like maybe he attacked Tem or something. But this episode I guess confirmed that Jack is a good guy. Sorry Jack!!~
Jan 6, 2021 8:55 AM

Apr 2020
Alright bois, this literally came out the same time with Promised Neverland and Re:Zero. And since these three are in the toss-up for my 200th Anime, I choose Beastars to be my #198.

So we're back with Beastars (after I binged it few days ago), and already this seems like it'll be scary enough to make me thrilled for the upcoming episodes. Legoshi and Haru seems to have formed their relationship, Juno is still reeling from Legoshi's rejection and Louis came back with a surprise...only to quit the club.

Now I'm actually interested on what Louis has been doing, but the episode focuses on the ghost of Tem. It seems that Legoshi has met with an awful slime or being wth. And not gonna lie this episode is kinda scary so I guess creepy start to Season 2. Well it is a good start, I'm wanting to see more.
Jan 6, 2021 8:57 AM

Apr 2020
Btw the OP is really cool. Yoasobi did an amazing job and it can actually rival Wild Side by ALI, it is that good!
Jan 6, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
"Light and dark have reversed, haven't they Legosi?" damn what a line lol

but holy, wasn't expecting the 2nd season's OP to come anywhere near the 1st season's one, but it definitely shined through. Visually was much better

though I wonder who this new animal is gonna be, suspicions indicate it's gonna be a snek
Jan 6, 2021 9:07 AM

Dec 2016
How I missed this show =^-^= Amazing first episode as always! I wonder who's this mysterious ghost... and it sounds a lot like a snake, but who? Can't wait to find out next week >_>

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 6, 2021 9:07 AM

Jun 2019
I think a pretty solid start to the second season. Looks like something is troubling Legosi which other guys can't hear. Also, Haru and Legosi are still awkward around each other which is quite cute. And yes, Louis is back to the school after two months but resigned immediately from the drama club. I wonder what's with that?
Also, the OP is really good.
Jan 6, 2021 9:19 AM

Aug 2019
A great a start for the season, pretty slow-paced but it's giving me different and better vibes than the first season oh-oh, can't wait for more.

OP was phenomenal!!!
Jan 6, 2021 9:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty nice first episode for the 2nd season, the whole plot with the ghost is sure very interesting, I can't wait to see the next episode
Jan 6, 2021 9:40 AM

Nov 2019
Amazing start for the new season and as before the voice acting is superb, really got me immersed into the world of Beastars once again.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jan 6, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2013
Loved the OP! Beastars is back babe!
Jan 6, 2021 10:00 AM
Dec 2018
Thank goodness this anime is back, I missed it!

OP doesn't come close to season 1 but is still good. Happy with the first episode.
Jan 6, 2021 10:04 AM

Aug 2019
I think the beast thingy is a rattle snek
Jan 6, 2021 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
pretty decent i guess, hopefully this'll be better then the last season
Jan 6, 2021 10:41 AM

Oct 2011
Everything is amazing, I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Jan 6, 2021 10:46 AM

Mar 2020
loved the first episode! missed legoshi smm! can't wait for the next one.

❝☆ 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿, 𝗺𝘆 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗰𝗲 ☆

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶...

Jan 6, 2021 10:47 AM

Nov 2019
surprised the ed was just the op
Jan 6, 2021 10:50 AM

Apr 2019
that yoasobi opening. So good. I still really love Legosi's seiyuu. I didn't originally like Beastars when I first watched it but I might have to go rewatch the first season because I really enjoyed this episode. Eye monster seems dangerous, Legosi finally confronts it in person.

Jan 6, 2021 11:05 AM
Mar 2018
Welcome back, Beastars!

What an episode, with so much going on and Yoasobi OP, cIan hardly contain my excitement for this season.

Also the haters skewing the score lmao

Jan 6, 2021 11:11 AM

Jul 2012
And we're back! Finally!

Great start! This episode gave me Chamber of Secrets vibes as well lol
Chikahiro Kobayashi once again doing a great performance. I missed Legosi!

Really excited to see what this season has in store for us!
Jan 6, 2021 11:19 AM

Oct 2018
Am I the only one who would bang Juno? I'm not into furry, but she's something else...
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jan 6, 2021 11:19 AM
Oct 2019
the cliffhanger im cryinggg aaaarggghhhhhh
Jan 6, 2021 11:29 AM

Aug 2020
Good first episode, just chilling really.

I'm genuinely curious why only Legosi could hear those sounds. Better hearing than everyone else? Yeah probably not, Juno is a grey wolf too, it would have been possible for her to hear those odd sound.

Haru and Legosi talking gives me life, they're so awkward with eachother (mainly Legosi). It's so damn cute.

Of course we're left off with a cliffhanger, let's see what happens next episode. Can't wait.
Jan 6, 2021 1:22 PM
Apr 2016
I wonder what exactly that thing is, it's just so unusual for the author to write something like that in Beastars. Louis is also back, and he seems like a changed man.

The new opening isn't on par with the previous one, but it's still fairly close in my opinion.
Jan 6, 2021 2:19 PM

Dec 2019
Another perfect opening!! I really like this show and the vibes of it and this got me really excited!
Jan 6, 2021 2:47 PM

Jul 2014
A solid set-up episode to get this second season started. Seems like we've got a few plot threads at play here, at least for the next few episodes if not the entire season: the hunt for Tem's killer; the mysterious figure appearing in the room Tem was murdered in and its connection to both Legosi and the ongoing hunt for the killer; Legosi's internal conflict about how he wants to move forward both personally and in his relationship with Haru; Louis' return and the mystery of what exactly happened to him during his two-month absence; the election of the next Beastar, with Juno seeming like the prime candidate now even with Louis' return to campus.

That's a lot to set up in one episode, but the show did a good job of balancing all the moving parts. Whether it can continue to do so going forward and reach the heights of season 1 remains to be seen, but I trust the show to deliver.
Jan 6, 2021 3:01 PM

Mar 2020
Welcome back Beastars!

Originally I wasn't interested in watching Beastars because of it's CGI but here I am watching the second season enjoying it!

To me this whole episode felt like a cliffhanger although the trailer makes it quite obvious what this build up will lead to.
Jan 6, 2021 3:20 PM

Jul 2015
Judging by the voice, the thing at the end was a snake. It's fun to see Orichimaru infiltrating another anime.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
Apr 24, 11:56 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.