Forum Settings
Forums

Most annoying/least liked MALE anime character

New
Mar 20, 2019 7:57 AM

Apr 2018
I saw a thread floating around here recently asking about most anime girls and it got me thinking that there are often a lot more complaints about female anime characters than male ones, even on lists and discussions not about specifically girls. I was curious what male characters this community finds most annoying and why. also just gonna note this now: there is a difference between annoying and boring. a generic harem lead with no personality is boring but a character that actively makes the show less enjoyable by being pester some or obnoxious is annoying (Mineta from Hero Aca comes to mind even though i don't particularly dislike him). A few easy examples for me of an annoying characters to me Shirou Emiya, Shinji Matou, Shinji Ikari, and Aoba Kuronuma.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 20, 2019 8:00 AM

Mar 2019
I'd probably go with Goku — they don't usually make the males as annoying and hyperactive.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Mar 20, 2019 8:02 AM

Mar 2017
Shinji, Goku (DBS), Luffy, and Asta.
Mar 20, 2019 8:05 AM

Feb 2019
Yukki from Mirai Nikki he is just too annoying..
Mar 20, 2019 8:07 AM
Mar 20, 2019 8:08 AM

Mar 2015
Mineta from HeroAca. Shoutout to Nagito from Danganronpa whom I really hate but at least he's a well written character. Mineta's just annoying.
Mar 20, 2019 8:08 AM

Jan 2018
Yuuki Rito from To Love Ru...

Seriously, I really don't like how that beta soyboy get all them hot chicks like he some Japanese Brad Pitt or something

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 20, 2019 8:10 AM

Jun 2017
Elakir said:

This and the MC from deadman wonderland
Mar 20, 2019 8:14 AM

Jan 2018
Sphinxter said:
I'd probably go with Goku — they don't usually make the males as annoying and hyperactive.

You haven't seen Black Clover, haven't you?

Mar 20, 2019 8:15 AM
Feb 2017
Eren Yager for AoT, he's annoying tbh.
Mar 20, 2019 8:18 AM

Jan 2015
shirou from fate and green shit from bnha
Mar 20, 2019 8:22 AM

Sep 2018
Eren from Aot and kirito from SAO

Annoying af
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Mar 20, 2019 8:23 AM

Feb 2019
Guys we forgot one lets not forget pico from boku no pico but it should be at the most loved male charachters @Tripl3r
Mar 20, 2019 8:25 AM

Mar 2019
Dave_Adrian said:
Sphinxter said:

Quite right — I — in fact — have never heard of it.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Mar 20, 2019 8:25 AM

Jan 2018
Well, Beta MC they always get on my nerves especially the one in Action or Harem genre.
Mar 20, 2019 8:26 AM
Nov 2018
Elakir said:
Guys we forgot one lets not forget pico from boku no pico but it should be at the most loved male charachters @Tripl3r

everyone loves pico... he a man of true culture... i cant wait to see its new season in which pico is all grown up...
Mar 20, 2019 8:28 AM

Feb 2019
Tripl3R said:
Elakir said:

everyone loves pico... he a man of true culture... i cant wait to see its new season in which pico is all grown up...
yeah me too he will problaly be a she by them XDhahahahaha
Mar 20, 2019 8:33 AM

Jan 2018
Sphinxter said:
Dave_Adrian said:

Quite right — I — in fact — have never heard of it.

The MC's voice is so annoying, I almost muted my laptop when I watched that series...

Although some people endure it enough to watch it casually.... even tho their ears generated blood for awhile

Mar 20, 2019 8:33 AM
Nov 2018
Elakir said:
Tripl3R said:

NANI!! did you just assume pico's gender? pico's gender is a true mystery for humanity... its one of the biggest unsolved mysterys on earth...
Mar 20, 2019 8:34 AM
Oct 2018
Elakir said:

I agree, he is super annoying and a cry baby.
I don't like Eren Jaegar either.
Mar 20, 2019 8:35 AM

Feb 2019
Dragon81702 said:
Elakir said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VXCaPR0exE8 in case if you havnt seen it

Tripl3R said:
Elakir said:

NANI!! did you just assume pico's gender? pico's gender is a true mystery for humanity... its one of the biggest unsolved mysterys on earth...
HAHAHAHAH LOOOOOL. Yuh llululu yeah its more mysterious then the pyramids kukuku

Mod Edit: Merged double post
Fleeting_DreamJan 2, 2020 8:39 AM
Mar 20, 2019 8:39 AM

Jun 2014
Probably Yotsuya from Maison Ikkoku, although every character in that Anime was equally annoying.

Mar 20, 2019 8:41 AM

Sep 2017
Subaru from ReZero and Yukki from Mirai Nikki, I can't stand them
yikes
Mar 20, 2019 8:44 AM
Nov 2018
Elakir said:
Tripl3R said:

HAHAHAHAH LOOOOOL. Yuh llululu yeah its more mysterious then the pyramids kukuku

what ? you are comparing pyramids to pico? do you even know what a major impact pico has made to everyones daily life??
Mar 20, 2019 8:46 AM

Apr 2018
Sasuke basically went against everything that Itachi did for the Leaf village, while claiming that only he could understand him. He's about as hypocritical you can get.

Goku almost fucked over the world during the Cell Saga. Hell, his son did the same too LOL

Mar 20, 2019 8:48 AM

Feb 2019
Tripl3R said:
Elakir said:

what ? you are comparing pyramids to pico? do you even know what a major impact pico has made to everyones daily life??
yeah you are problaly right sir he imean she or whatever he is the stars in night shine our way she is the shn in tje morning makes our vegateble healty he is everywhere yet she is nowehre he is the PICO shit his beuty cannot be put in the words ..or worlds*wtf
Mar 20, 2019 8:51 AM

Apr 2016
All those cunts who act alpha around girls and act like they don't exist or pretend they are 2gud4dem, you know? Those harem protagonists ass holes that are devoid of character and any personality for the weebs to project themselves into just because they can act chad and get all the fucking vagina they can never get in real life.
Mar 20, 2019 8:52 AM

Mar 2019
Akutsu - Aho Girl
Sata - Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Sasuke - Naruto
Fujiwara - Netsuzou Trap
Buggy - OnePiece
Kirito - Sword Hack Online
Takuma/Diablo - How Not to Suck Demon Lord's Dick
Light - Death Note
L - Death Note
Watari - Death Note
Sweet Mask - One Fuck Man

You Can Not Build The World With Beauty!
You Need Brain And Muscle!

Oh, Seriously?

Then You Can Not Destroy The World With Beauty!
Instead, You Need Brain And Muscle To Do So!
Only People With The Most Superior Brains And Muscles
Can Be The Best At Destroying This World!
But Who Has More Superior Brain And Muscle Anyway?
Me Or Her?

Mar 20, 2019 8:53 AM

Jul 2017
I think there are a lot more threads about complaining about female characters because a.) there are a lot more compared to males and b.) female anime characters are a lot more 'expressive' than male ones (e.g., there ain't that many tsundere males that would hit someone at first sight type of thing)

But anywho,

Yuuto from The Master of Ragnarok - Dude practically hacks his way to victory and still acts smug af cause he's practically god

Nishikata from Takagi-san - How he keeps on falling for the same tactics never ceases to annoy me

Motoharu from We Were There - Bit of a mixed bag, sometimes he was alright but other times he was damn annoying
Mar 20, 2019 8:54 AM

Aug 2018
izuku "crybaby" midoriya should go to hell :)
Enjoy the ride...
Mar 20, 2019 8:55 AM

Mar 2019
Akhdas said:
All those cunts who act alpha around girls and act like they don't exist or pretend they are 2gud4dem, you know? Those harem protagonists ass holes that are devoid of character and any personality for the weebs to project themselves into just because they can act chad and get all the fucking vagina they can never get in real life.

clap clap clap

and the most annoying among them is those with the "revival after death" and "ridiculous stat boost" privilleges

You Can Not Build The World With Beauty!
You Need Brain And Muscle!

Oh, Seriously?

Then You Can Not Destroy The World With Beauty!
Instead, You Need Brain And Muscle To Do So!
Only People With The Most Superior Brains And Muscles
Can Be The Best At Destroying This World!
But Who Has More Superior Brain And Muscle Anyway?
Me Or Her?

Mar 20, 2019 8:56 AM

Dec 2018
Shu from Guilty Crown gets my top spot easy, for possibly being the worst written character ever.

Then there’s Makoto from School Days, gotta mention him.

And let’s not forget Light Yagami from Death Note.

I’d say those three are on a level of their own for me personally, but other honorable mentions:

-Sasuke from naruto
-The lame bomber dude from GI arc in HxH
-The short/obnoxious kid and the fat/whiney kid from Darling in the Franxx
-Basically ever male character in Guilty Crown besides Dan
-Yukki from The Future Diary
-The secondary male character in Fireworks
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Mar 20, 2019 9:07 AM

Oct 2015
I'm really not fond of Joutarou Kujou. He's virtually a blank slate. Watching paint dry is probably more interesting than him. Angel Beats mc too for similar reasons. In fact, any character who has no personality for that matter. I just said those two because they're the first to come to mind
Mar 20, 2019 9:08 AM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
My top 5 least liked/most annoying male characters:

1. Hercule from DBZ
2. Issei from DxD
3. Kagerou from Inu x Boku SS
4. Hinata from Kaichou Wa Maid-sama!
5. Makoto from School Days
Mar 20, 2019 9:09 AM
Oct 2018
Elakir said:
Dragon81702 said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VXCaPR0exE8 in case if you havnt seen it

I've seen it, pretty much explains Eren's character
Mar 20, 2019 9:11 AM
May 2016
VeriSnekBoi said:
I saw a thread floating around here recently asking about most anime girls and it got me thinking that there are often a lot more complaints about female anime characters than male ones, even on lists and discussions not about specifically girls. I was curious what male characters this community finds most annoying and why..

This guy I think everyone can agree

https://myanimelist.net/character/3358/Makoto_Itou
Mar 20, 2019 11:07 AM

Dec 2017
sakuta from aobuta
shinji from NGE
Natsuo from domestic na kanojo
Banri from Golden time
Kanda from sakurasou

Above guys are just annoying
Least liked would be makoto

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Mar 20, 2019 11:11 AM

Aug 2017
Hiro from Darling in the FranXX. Beta cuck MC.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 20, 2019 11:11 AM

Jun 2016
I'm sure most people here hate the Ito Makouto guy from School Days. I like the guy.

Mar 20, 2019 11:15 AM
Oct 2018
Near from death note. he's a ripoff piece of shit
Mar 20, 2019 11:20 AM

Apr 2018
goko- said:

good one, can't believe i forgot him. he doesn't specifically fit my definition of annoying but definitely fits in with what this thread seems to have devolved into. i am surprised how many main characters people re brining up and also how much people seem to be annoyed at light and midoriya
Mar 20, 2019 11:25 AM
Oct 2018
VeriSnekBoi said:
goko- said:

good one, can't believe i forgot him. he doesn't specifically fit my definition of annoying but definitely fits in with what this thread seems to have devolved into. i am surprised how many main characters people re brining up and also how much people seem to be annoyed at light and midoriya

I don't find them super annoying at all. sure at times both of them go a little over the top but I consider both of them very well written characters.
Mar 20, 2019 12:47 PM

Dec 2018
goko- said:
VeriSnekBoi said:

I don't find them super annoying at all. sure at times both of them go a little over the top but I consider both of them very well written characters.

Yeah there’s a difference between being well written and likeable though. I agree Light is a well written character, he’s still annoying a f though. I’ve never wanted to hurt any anime character as much as I did Light... except maybe Makoto. Nah, Light is worse than Makoto.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Mar 20, 2019 1:15 PM

Jul 2017
Elakir said:
Same here i literally can't stand that pussy. And also the dumb-as-a-shoe Ichika from Infinite Stratos.
Mar 20, 2019 1:22 PM

Apr 2015
Yuki - Mirai Nikki

Insufferable wuss...
Mar 20, 2019 1:31 PM

Dec 2016
Okabe - Steins; Gate, not only he's insufferable, he's also really ugly to look at (how did he become so popular is beyond my comprehension)

Kazuma - KonoSuba, dunno why, but only looking and listening to him gave me migraines.
Mar 20, 2019 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
The main character from Noucome has negative IQ and is so stupid that it made me want to strangle him. You know why if you've watched the show, but please don't, because it's horrible.
Arkab said:
Okabe - Steins; Gate, not only he's insufferable, he's also really ugly to look at (how did he become so popular is beyond my comprehension)
By being MOTHER FUCKING HOUOUIN KYOUMA!!!!
Mar 20, 2019 1:39 PM
Mar 2016
Hai to gensou no grimgar spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/ElURei3.png
Mar 20, 2019 1:40 PM

Jan 2010
Goku from DBZ
Light from Death Note
Shuu from Guilty Crown
Sasuke from Naruto
Chiaki from Nodame Cantabile
Mar 20, 2019 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
Mineta from my hero academia

30 characters
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you guys like any of the 4kids openings

HattoriSoul - Sep 13

14 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you think shoujo/josei romance are usually better than shounen/seinen romance ?

ZXEAN - 2 hours ago

16 by 23feanor »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime with least plotholes

JoeChip - Yesterday

22 by DesuMaiden »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you think secondary rival is more interesting than main rival?

m_alhafidz - 10 minutes ago

0 by m_alhafidz »»
10 minutes ago

» Sub-genre Of Anime That Could Be Good

Quadruple_Oi - Sep 18

46 by 23feanor »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.