Forum Settings
Forums

When will anime / manga stop it with the beta male MC's

New
May 1, 2018 2:49 AM

Oct 2008
They don't exist, those beta males that cuck themselves, nosebleed at the sight of skin of opposite sex, where they absolutely would never touch a girl for whatever the fuck reason, even when the girl clearly wants it.

Its time for alpha male MCs to appear, please fix the anime / manga industry.

Am I wrong? Right? Almost? Discuss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 1, 2018 2:50 AM

Apr 2016
When selfinserts stop watching anime, which is not gonna happen any time soon ... becasue Nippon otaku are the audience.
May 1, 2018 2:52 AM

Jul 2015
beta cuck mcs and tsunbitches must vanish
May 1, 2018 2:52 AM

Oct 2010
Watch some 90s anime op. This trend is good for otaku, don't know why though, it's something some guys enjoy so it won't disappear easily. I don't like it personally.
May 1, 2018 2:54 AM
Jun 2017
I got tricked into reading a cuckhold h-manga the other day. Fuck people man
May 1, 2018 2:56 AM

Oct 2008
Catalano said:
Watch some 90s anime op. This trend is good for otaku, don't know why though, it's something some guys enjoy so it won't disappear easily. I don't like it personally.
true I also noticed this too.

Also I managed to find some manga where Mc alpha af but most of these are either psychological or mature

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 1, 2018 2:57 AM

Oct 2008
Adi-Buddha said:
I got tricked into reading a cuckhold h-manga the other day. Fuck people man
if I could thumbup a post I would lol this is funny

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 1, 2018 3:02 AM

Jan 2018
You are 100% right my man beta males should be completely wiped out from any anime or manga just watching them make me sick.
May 1, 2018 3:04 AM

Oct 2010
Op, you like dragonaut, you are cool. Sora no otoshimono may suit your taste.
May 1, 2018 3:37 AM

Dec 2017
kind of agree with this though.

imagine if the MC of Nisekoi is an alpha male, the manga probably ended up in 15 chapter. just man up, give 7-8 chapter of development, then blam, confess, the end.

there’s like a special attraction for beta males, i dunno why they always need to make the girls to be the one who proactive like boy make a real move or else, life isn’t easy as harem life, but well it’s fiction, can’t help it.

but for real though, skinship in Japan is a rare sight, they just following their own culture

if you want, you can see a lot in Shoujo manga though, you know, those 2 meter tall famous sasuke haired alpha boy that everybody likes in school that kind of type.
May 1, 2018 3:40 AM
Apr 2016
When The Beta Creator Beta The Female :)
May 1, 2018 3:43 AM

Jul 2016
Maximilious said:
They don't exist, those beta males that cuck themselves, nosebleed at the sight of skin of opposite sex, where they absolutely would never touch a girl for whatever the fuck reason, even when the girl clearly wants it.

The issue your running into is because your not understanding Japanese culture. Since anime is solely intended for a Japanese audience we are unlikely to see many so called "Alpha" males as these would be seen as arrogant, rude and more likely to be a villain. Chivalry as it were is not quite dead in Japan as being humble/modest and prioritizing the groups well being over one's self. I know for a western audience this is a hard concept to swallow. However if we are to continue consuming this form of media... its nut up or shut up as someone once said.
May 1, 2018 3:45 AM

Sep 2017
Not always..
and mostly those don't get famous..

ボールルームダンサー
May 1, 2018 3:46 AM

Oct 2015
Jojitoki said:
Alpha males? not sure about what that means.

https://myanimelist.net/character/80891/Yuuji_Kazami

this guy might be what you are looking for.
Well, that is kind of a cheat since the visual novel industry does have a lot of alpha males.

OT: Eh, they are entertaining in their own right, but it's not like we don't get alpha males here and there. Also, alpha and beta doesn't necessarily involve how they interact with women.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

May 1, 2018 3:48 AM
Apr 2018
Jojitoki said:
Alpha males? not sure about what that means

In the animal kingdom: a physical form of dominance over other males. The alpha male lion claims sexual rights to all females, fights off other male lions to force it, eats first after every hunt and dominates the land for hunting rights.
May 1, 2018 3:50 AM

Apr 2015
Don't shove ur gay fetish into anime world... nothing wrong with beta mc...

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
May 1, 2018 3:50 AM

Oct 2015
Which is why I don't watch seasonal romcoms or harems. I also despise Gary Stus as well so I'm out here dodging both ends of the spectrum. Anime is so abundant and expensive to make that studios have to pander to make sales. If you keep getting beta males MCs and light novel harem trash, it's because the Japanese and international audience support them financially.
May 1, 2018 3:55 AM

Aug 2017
Have you ever heard of MD Geist? I think you might like it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2018 5:02 AM

Oct 2008
Okay I can understand most people viewing alphas as cocky douche males, but I don't believe this to be the case. Not everyone irl is an alpha nor a beta, but the way most males are portrayed in anime / manga is that of a complete weak minded wimpy male. If in the appropriate situation a woman throws herself at you, there is no guy that would decline such event, unless you are gay of course.

It wouldn't hurt to have an MC every once in a while with a spine. Doesn't have to be an alpha just a regular dude

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 1, 2018 5:06 AM

Jan 2013
You're watching 50 animes at the same time man nothing could be more beta than that.
May 1, 2018 5:09 AM

Oct 2008
ConfusionHaze said:
You're watching 50 animes at the same time man nothing could be more beta than that.
if you are talking about my profile I havent done anything to it for years. I had other priorities at that time in my life like getting an education and having fun in uni. Thanks tho

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 1, 2018 5:13 AM

Apr 2018
I don't know about alpha, but Trinity Seven has a pretty non-beta MC who gets things done, but that's the closest example I can think of.

May 1, 2018 5:50 AM

Apr 2015
Any examples from the top of your head OP?
May 1, 2018 7:59 AM
Aug 2016
Never because self-inserts exist, buddy.
May 1, 2018 8:01 AM

Feb 2018
When ll uninformed people stop using terms that make no sense and are based on total nonsense?
The answer is never to your and my question.
May 1, 2018 8:03 AM

Feb 2010
How about watching anime whose appeal doesn't start and end with the MC grabbing pussy or not? Always worked for me, never had any of those issues you describe in over 4000 anime.

But if you're gonna stick with that kind of anime, you gotta accept the formula they use.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 1, 2018 9:50 PM

Aug 2016
Start watching stuff from the 1980s and 1990s, then, OP. Especially the ultra-violent GAR stuff.

Dirty Pair: The Movie, the original Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Century Orguss, Wicked City, Vampire Hunter D (he outright refuses because he's a BAMF and doesn't want to eat people), Fist of the North Star, Golgo 13, Crying Freeman, Ninja Scroll, etc.
May 2, 2018 12:14 AM

Jul 2015
So, you don't watch hentai then? Isn't that exactly what that whole genre is all about, because clearly, you seem to be talking about the sexual aspect of things so...

caught in the wonder
May 2, 2018 5:46 AM

Jan 2008
When people start caring about the (male) MC and considering him as an actual character rather than a plot device to explore the various female characters around him.

So...never...

On a more serious note, there is definitely a paradigm shift in recent years (from my observation it started around 2005) from having more traditionally heroic MCs to indecisive weak-willed doormats. Recent anime chooses to focus more on the female characters since that's what generates more profit with otakus spending hundreds of dollars on figurines of their waifus.

In short, unfortunately most mainstream anime won't satisfy your tastes. If you are looking for more traditionally masculine main characters you should watch either older anime or more obscure shows.

I know from experience since I've had the exact same problem as you with anime for years now (since around 2005 as I said earlier). I've had long periods of time (year or two) when I don't even follow anime and then I've come back to it just to check whether this annoying trend has finally disappeared. So far...it hasn't.
May 2, 2018 10:49 AM

Sep 2014
When a large portion of the target audience isn't Betas.

People self insert onto characters they find similar to themselves. That's why harems with bland "nice guy" mcs are so common.
May 2, 2018 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
Those characters aren't beta males. They are created for geeks & nerds to relate to.
May 2, 2018 6:56 PM

Feb 2016
When you stop watching utter garbage
May 2, 2018 6:57 PM

Jun 2017
Stop watching bad anime , watch Overlord , even Miyazaki himself admitted being wrong after watching such a masterpiece.

May 2, 2018 6:58 PM

Sep 2015
beta male= loser self-insert
alpha male= childish power fantasy
Delta male is the correct choice
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
May 2, 2018 9:02 PM

Nov 2008
This anime has an alpha male

https://myanimelist.net/anime/13161/Hagure_Yuusha_no_Aesthetica?q=hagure

This is also an LN adaptation making it even more of a rarity.

May 2, 2018 9:29 PM
Jun 2015
Can you actually name some recent anime where the male mc is a cuck? The only recent cuck anime I can recall is Kuzu no Honkai. A man restraining himself to a nude women is strength not weakness. If she knows her oppai has power over you are as alpha as a tv remote.
May 2, 2018 9:37 PM

Oct 2015
Well, I see no problem, I love this type of MC/Character
May 2, 2018 9:38 PM

Jan 2018
beta cuck mcs are too relatable for otakus and weaboos which is why they are to be kept.

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

May 2, 2018 10:05 PM

Oct 2008
This is exactly what pisses me off. Why do people think all nerdy geeky people are betas? You can be nerdy / geeky and have amazing romance life, this isn't the 80s 90s when highschool jocks push the nerdy kids into the trash bin. If you are not a bit nerdy or geeky in todays world you will not go far in life considering everything revolves around technology.

you can enjoy anime, read manga, be a complete nerd and still go out of your house and enjoy life. Not everyone is a shut-in that spends most of their time on their room. Give the nerds some credit please

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 2, 2018 10:17 PM

Sep 2011
stop watching ecchi bullshit and harems and there ya go

also leave beta boys alone they get enough slack as it
May 2, 2018 10:19 PM
Dec 2017
well if beta MC's grow some balls nd bocome alpha then the anime will become smut/boderline hentai or we get another annoying jesus-kun to rant about (if not ecchi)
May 2, 2018 10:39 PM
Feb 2018
You got a legitimate concern but MAL community thinks that Alpha males = stereotype for
'toxic masculinity'.

Also otaku soyboys would rather watch self-insert CGDCT like K-on!than any manly anime.

Is the soy man.
May 2, 2018 10:46 PM

Oct 2008
@ghostliness I don't even care to make the MCs alpha males, just make them normal. That's all I am asking

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

May 2, 2018 10:55 PM

Apr 2018
Self-insert is getting really fucking old

I don't really care for an "alpha" MC, but yeah we need more interesting MC's
May 2, 2018 10:58 PM

Sep 2011
Maximilious said:
@ghostliness I don't even care to make the MCs alpha males, just make them normal. That's all I am asking

my statement stands stop watching ecchi bs and harems and you'll be fine i'm sure there's some normal MC's out there my good lad
May 2, 2018 11:06 PM

Jul 2016
You should watch High School D x D the MC builds a Harem and actually plans to marry all of them.
May 2, 2018 11:24 PM

Feb 2015
As you've already known, Onii-sama is the deconstruction of beta male MC. In anime he is portrayed, at least, as alpha yet the vast majority of viewers are beta thus degrading Onii-sama as such for their own clouded opinion.
May 10, 2022 9:29 PM
Mar 2022
ChiisaiInu said:
Maximilious said:

The issue your running into is because your not understanding Japanese culture. Since anime is solely intended for a Japanese audience we are unlikely to see many so called "Alpha" males as these would be seen as arrogant, rude and more likely to be a villain. Chivalry as it were is not quite dead in Japan as being humble/modest and prioritizing the groups well being over one's self. I know for a western audience this is a hard concept to swallow. However if we are to continue consuming this form of media... its nut up or shut up as someone once said.

I swear anime over the past 10ish years has proven to me thanks to the the self insert retarded beta wussy crap is jap men are the biggest p***y weak ball-less good for nothing waste of space the world would be better if they were taken out of the gene pool. What a sad sack of shitshow losers i mean what kind of useless crapfest of a person could literally and honestly self insert themselves and see themselves as these pathetic beta 2 inch peck no balls ridiculous sad MC.
May 10, 2022 9:43 PM
Jul 2018
All I can say is these beta males MCs must really be representative of certain weebs for people to hate them so much. I admit that the sad life they have is pretty exaggerated. But I doubt every guy in the anime community have girls knocking at their door all the time. Nor have they always been confident when speaking to girls.
May 10, 2022 10:23 PM
Aug 2021
What’s frustrating is when female characters clearly expressed love interest with the beta males after spending some time together but those males never gets the hint and freak out.

Who came up with that rubbish? The most socially inept and introverts isn’t gonna act like that after spending time with each other so this is unrealistic.

Those are the very same betas who behave like lieutenants with everyone and beat OP villains for a living but will suddenly behave like a toddler when a woman show affection. How absurd and this is one major reason why anime always gets a bad ending.
Howdym8May 10, 2022 10:34 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - 2 hours ago

4 by Mayahuel »»
8 minutes ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Jun 10

24 by CaptainKenshiro »»
47 minutes ago

» Why do you dislike historical anime? ( 1 2 )

perseii - Jun 8

58 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
50 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - 3 hours ago

4 by Tirinchas »»
1 hour ago

» is being possessive of an anime, a symbol of ur attachment to it?

BerriesSan - 5 hours ago

4 by Catalano »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.