Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2017 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn...just when I thought Mamika would of survived, she disappears very soon after Alicetelia finds her. What a damn shame and Magane also happened to be with her at the same place.

Speaking of Magane, I'm calling out this girl as a main secondary antagonist in this show by her role so far. Didn't take long for her to meet Souta again this episode. Her mind games with him just never ceases as she lies with the truth (reminds me of another character I used to watch on TV in the 2000s) Magane is also a lot more dangerous than I had thought as she is able to toy with Yuya during their encounter.
Stark700Jun 3, 2017 9:19 AM
Jun 3, 2017 8:07 AM
Jul 2014
Noooooooo! Why did Mamika have to die??? Freaking hell man, just when I started to like her.
Jun 3, 2017 8:10 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Magane is going to be worst than Altair. RIP Mamika.

Sadly, Magane appears always in the perfect momment and is getting forced because she cant be there at the precise time unless that is one of her quirks. Today, was the same.

Alicetelia is going to kill everyone, I like that character hope she changes of sides

Jun 3, 2017 8:13 AM
Jun 2012
PipeBoss said:

Sadly, Magane appears always in the perfect momment and is getting forced because she cant be there at the precise time unless that is one of her quirks. Today, was the same.

Well she was from a mystery horror novel. She probably perfected that skill.
Jun 3, 2017 8:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Poor Mamika's death is going to be in vain since fucking Magane got to her first, FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

It's really frustrating to see her sink her effortlessly teeth into people like Sota and Alice especially since they're both so fucking irrational and stupid sometimes and I was gonna rage so hard if he believed that Meteora killed Mamika or if he actually went and instigated shit between Celesia and Meteora

Lord knows how happy I was to see best boy (The real MVP) and Meteora come and stop her from completely making me hate Sota because I was LIVID at that point lol, but finally this guy opened up (Sort of), but my only concern is that I hope that they all make it out alive, especially since Alice is here for revenge on best girl
TokoyaJun 3, 2017 8:39 AM
Jun 3, 2017 8:40 AM
Jul 2013
Damn, Magane just wants to see the world burn.
Jun 3, 2017 8:43 AM
Jul 2010
Doommaker said:

It'd be funny if this was a set up like The Dark Knight, and the way to beat her is to screw up her presumptions about people and the world.
Jun 3, 2017 8:53 AM
Apr 2017
I have a feeling that
Meteora will be killed by Alice.-.
Damn i hope they didn't kill Meteora
Jun 3, 2017 8:55 AM
May 2013
Things that disappointed me in this ep

1. Mamika trusting Magane to pass on the message.

2. Mamika had enough time to tell Alice the truth but didn't, but she chose to ask Magane to tell Alice the message even though she was right there and could tell her herself.

3. Alice trusting/believing Magane too easily.

Jun 3, 2017 8:58 AM

Dec 2010
Not enjoying this show as much anymore. Feels like its going round in circles a bit, just making conflicts so characters from different genres can fight each other.

It really needs to speed up the plot a bit.

Okay episode anyways, sad that Mamika died and glad that Sota has opened up a bit now. Maybe now he can start improving as a character
Jun 3, 2017 9:05 AM

Jan 2012
God, magane is such a waste of screentime.
She is by far the least-developed charakter in the whole cast.

She is so over-the-top edgy its cringeworthy.
And she does nothing to the plot whatsoever. She is basically a bad filler.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Jun 3, 2017 9:09 AM

Jun 2015
Damn, it sucks Mamika died. She shouldn't have told Magane what she knows. That was a mistake. Magane told Alicetelia a lie, and now she's after Meteora. She's very mad.
Jun 3, 2017 9:12 AM

Jan 2015
One hypocrite Character is now out from the Story. Phew, finally. Now that makes Magane as master of deceiving with Alice as the Knight that easily gets deceived a perfect pair (?)
Magane really knows how to make things much interesting by talking and making some deal with Souta.
Aahh, it always epic whenever psychological aspect involved.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 3, 2017 9:12 AM

Jun 2014
Mamika deserved to die for being stupid.
Jun 3, 2017 9:14 AM

Jun 2010
I wonder what Souta thinks about Megane's panties...

Uh, I mean, good episode!

No! Wait! Terrible episode! Mamika died! No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I liked Mamika, she had become my favorite character at this point. But the writing was kind of on the wall for her last episode, unfortunately. I guess her Magical Splash Flare didn't get rid of Altair. It was noble of her to try, though.

I would like to point out, also, that being in the real world has not at all humanized or given Megane a conscious. This is particularly interesting when you consider certain other villain characters like Yuuya have seemed to gain traits that took them from, at the very least, villain to a more, "Gray."

This would basically mean that Megane's author wrote her with no underlying character traits that would ever surface to make her into a sympathetic character, or one with justifications for their actions. Both her fictional and real character traits are basically sociopathic. She was probably the Swim Swim character in the world she was from, and while it's not working out quite as well in the world of reality, she is still attempting to be that sort of person.
Jun 3, 2017 9:23 AM
Apr 2016
neonie said:
I wonder what Souta thinks about Megane's panties...

Uh, I mean, good episode!

No! Wait! Terrible episode! Mamika died! No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I liked Mamika, she had become my favorite character at this point. But the writing was kind of on the wall for her last episode, unfortunately. I guess her Magical Splash Flare didn't get rid of Altair. It was noble of her to try, though.

I would like to point out, also, that being in the real world has not at all humanized or given Megane a conscious. This is particularly interesting when you consider certain other villain characters like Yuuya have seemed to gain traits that took them from, at the very least, villain to a more, "Gray."

This would basically mean that Megane's author wrote her with no underlying character traits that would ever surface to make her into a sympathetic character, or one with justifications for their actions. Both her fictional and real character traits are basically sociopathic. She was probably the Swim Swim character in the world she was from, and while it's not working out quite as well in the world of reality, she is still attempting to be that sort of person.

OI! Yuuya NEVER was A VILLAIN. He is A RIVAL. While those definitions might collide, they are also quite far away from each other.
Re:formed
Jun 3, 2017 9:25 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode, R.I.P Mamika. :(

Magane is instigating shit like crazy. I kinda find Aliceteria stupid for believing everything that Magane said despite knowing what kind of person Magane is.

I'm so glad that Yuuya and Meteora showed upto to prevent Sota from being manipulated by Magane.

Incoming battle against Aliceteria.
Jun 3, 2017 9:26 AM

Jun 2010
Daniel_Naumov said:

OI! Yuuya NEVER was A VILLAIN. He is A RIVAL. While those definitions might collide, they are also quite far away from each other.

Oh, I misunderstood his role in his original materials, then, my bad. Usually Persona games don't have those sorts of rivals, so I think I registered him as a villain character.

Lelouch0202 said:
Magane is instigating shit like crazy. I kinda find Aliceteria stupid for believing everything that Magane said despite knowing what kind of person Magane is.

This show would have had a chance to be brilliant of Alice took every thing Magane said, knew she was a liar, and then flipped it around her self. If you already know Megane is a liar, then just believe the opposite of what she tells you.

...But that would be less dramatic.
Jun 3, 2017 9:31 AM

Feb 2014
Magane is too much crafty with her words. Even outplaying the saint Meteora. Damn Mirakuji just bring the show down!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 3, 2017 9:32 AM

Oct 2012
Mamika should've told Alice herself before she died. There was enough time to just say 'Altair killed me' or 'Join Meteora' damn it.
And Magane wasted too much time talking.
Jun 3, 2017 9:36 AM

Aug 2015
I'm a little disappointed in the manipulation being so generic. Mamika knew Magane is basically lying incarnate and exists to manipulate people and she still trusted her. Alice may be denser than her fucking armor, but shouldn't she have figured Magane out by now? Also, the whole "I didn't tell a lie" trope is kinda overused and very obvious, though I can't think of what else they could've done.
Jun 3, 2017 9:42 AM

Jan 2015
Dammmmmnnnn, Magane is such a great villain
Jun 3, 2017 9:49 AM

May 2016
Kin088 said:

2. Mamika had enough time to tell Alice the truth but didn't, but she chose to ask Magane to tell Alice the message even though she was right there and could tell her herself.

Basically all of this. Not to mention the whole episode (and probably most of the next one) is based on a misunderstanding. When will the plot advance?
Jun 3, 2017 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
Welp RIP Mamika, well it was expected that she was going to go and die like that but still. It kinda hurts to see it.

But her trusting Megane was a bad business move in all honestly, especially knowing how she is as a character and what she's based from. And because of that, more troubles are going to come around for this.

Also, yeah from my initial point which was me telling Souta wasn't so bad of a character since this reminds me of when I first got the impression of the MC of Black Lagoon, Souta is pretty much an... to say it bluntly, an idiot. But I don't hate him, in all honesty compared to what others have to say. Not gonna lie I would have been interested more how Megane would either beat his shit out or, getting manipulated.

Overall a pretty good episode, although there could have been some stuff that can be done better in terms of its writing.
Jun 3, 2017 10:05 AM

Mar 2012
They pretty much established that most of characters here are d.u.m.b.
Jun 3, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2010
dzn018 said:
They pretty much established that most of characters here are d.u.m.b.

They are fictional characters written for stories. For actually... That's kind of true to their character descriptions.
Jun 3, 2017 10:12 AM

Apr 2015
No! This scene was very sad, I really liked Mamika.

In each episode my hates toward the liar girl just increase, she need to be the next to die.

Great bloodthirsty auro Alice!
Jun 3, 2017 10:12 AM

Jun 2014
Not entirely sure why Mamika would trust Magane of all people to pass on that information to Alice, and even when Alice showed up Mamika had enough time to tell her what happened. Lets just say that Mamika, the goodhearted magical girl, was very trusting of Magane and that's why she did that, but it doesn't make sense for Alice to believe Magane. Alice has shown time and again that she can be quite stupid, but even she should have been able to see through Magane's deception. That one misunderstanding was pretty much the catalyst for this clusterfuck situation that's going on right now.

Also, idk why but this episode made me like Magane even more. She's so cunning and manipulative, and I want to hate her since she's responsible for this mess of a situation right now, but she's so enjoyable to watch no matter what scene she's in and no matter who she's talking to, so I just can't bring myself to dislike her.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 3, 2017 10:14 AM

Dec 2010
Vinyet said:
Basically all of this. Not to mention the whole episode (and probably most of the next one) is based on a misunderstanding. When will the plot advance?

You see, this serie in 22 episodes long so they have to use fillers and keep animation budget low, so they have tospeak a lot and plot advance very slow. It should have been 12 episode long + 2 oav as gran finale, better choice.

Characters are also very generic, i feel nothing when Mamika died, Alice is the worst, Magane talk too much, Altair is the classic destroy the world villain, rest... rest dunno, seems they never existed. Meh.
Fn76Jun 3, 2017 10:19 AM
Jun 3, 2017 10:17 AM

Apr 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Not entirely sure why Mamika would trust Magane of all people to pass on that information to Alice, and even when Alice showed up Mamika had enough time to tell her what happened. Lets just say that Mamika, the goodhearted magical girl, was very trusting of Magane and that's why she did that, but it doesn't make sense for Alice to believe Magane. Alice has shown time and again that she can be quite stupid, but even she should have been able to see through Magane's deception. That one misunderstanding was pretty much the catalyst for this clusterfuck situation that's going on right now.

Also, idk why but this episode made me like Magane even more. She's so cunning and manipulative, and I want to hate her since she's responsible for this mess of a situation right now, but she's so enjoyable to watch no matter what scene she's in and no matter who she's talking to, so I just can't bring myself to dislike her.

Really, Alice trust in Magane is a very non-sense think, everyone knows that she is the queen of the lies. And yes Mamika could have spoken the truth to Alice in that time, but I dont know, we have to consider that she was dying and probably she was not reasoning well.

Jun 3, 2017 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
Mamikia really died :'(
Magane with her cunning but souta gets help, alice now on the rampage.
Jun 3, 2017 10:27 AM

Aug 2013
Poor Mamika. RIP.

Magane is crazy with her mind playing tricks. That's over the top in, in my opinion.

It's nice that Yuuya and Meteora showed up.

Alice is so gullible. Can't believe she actually believed everything Magane told her.

Jun 3, 2017 10:30 AM

Apr 2013
RIP Mamika, we will miss you ;_; .

lcborella said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Really, Alice trust in Magane is a very non-sense think, everyone knows that she is the queen of the lies. And yes Mamika could have spoken the truth to Alice in that time, but I dont know, we have to consider that she was dying and probably she was not reasoning well.

Or she is just too naive :v . But I think she doens't know Magane's story, she only saw Magane once.
Jun 3, 2017 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
Well it was expected for Mamika to die. I do not expect her to survive after what happened in last week's episode. And Magane is telling not lie, but using truths to make more things complicated. Now it is a 'no turning back' situation. Again I blame Souta for the cause of all of this 'hell'. Part of me feels enraged and take it out on the one person who could've stopped all this. The other part of me is telling me to understand the situation. But I feel so mixed up between the two parts of me. That I do not know what to think anymore.
Jun 3, 2017 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
That blabbermouth fucking son of a bitch pissed the living hell out of me this episode, she was too noisy and mislead that knight slut into putting her anger towards Meteora, I was legit worried when Meteora showed up, I was getting paranoid that at any second while she and Souta were talking that Alice would just pop out behind her and stab her to death, please dont kill Meteora just yet, kill the talkative bitch instead, she needs to go.

RIP Mamika... just when I was enjoying her character... they fcking brutally killed her... and even on her death bed she was still thinking about saving the one that killed her, true to her character till the end.

Glad that Yuuya popped out there, Souta's too dumb to leave alone.

Goosebump end with that OST Layers!
Jun 3, 2017 10:35 AM
May 2017
As bat shit crazy as Magane is, i can't help but enjoy every moment this character is on screen. The dialogue between her and Souto was awesome!

Surprisingly, i'm disappointed the plan to blackmail this pitiful MC went bust.

Jun 3, 2017 11:06 AM

Dec 2015
Ugh, can't even hate Magane. Everyone are conveniently stupid.
Jun 3, 2017 11:15 AM
Jan 2017
Congratulations to this show for subverting viewer expectations! Tragic as Mamika's death was, at least she died in the arms of someone who genuinely loved her. Also, it's good to see Yuuya and Meteora eventually pick up on Magane's tricks and see she is trying to manipulate Souta. This is a show willing to play fast and loose with the rules of storytelling, and I love it for it.
Jun 3, 2017 11:17 AM
Jan 2017
Seems like Magane wants every character including Altair dead somehow. She held no grudges against Meteora other than her being antagonized for the murders she committed, and rightfully so, yet plotted to get her killed by both sides. She's practically the one who acts in character the most. Which is interesting, she actually didn't have a choice to be someone else.

I wonder where they will take the fight with the next episode. Alice was really mad but she shouldn't take Magane's word, of all people. I sense there is something more to it than Alice's anger. Appearently she is really overpowered by the way she took down the dragon, but can't keep up with the carnage that is unterwelt. It's really a shame we have to wait another week to see what happens and to get the answers.
Jun 3, 2017 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
Kin088 said:

All these statement are accurate. Therefore the following statement is as well:
Benio_ said:
Mamika deserved to die for being stupid.

Honestly.
Jun 3, 2017 11:19 AM

Jun 2010
-Stray said:
kill the talkative bitch instead, she needs to go.

How, though? If they attack, she can reverse cause and effect. Before you can kill her, you have to find out how to even counter her.
Jun 3, 2017 11:23 AM

Jan 2009
But when you think of it, if Magane needs a spoken statement that sets the premise that will be denied, all you have to do is state everything she says is the truth, rendering her ability useless, right?
Jun 3, 2017 11:27 AM

Dec 2016
In the start I thought Magane was best girl and than Mamika.

But now, none of them is best girl......

WHY DOES THE MAGICAL GIRL ALWAYS HAS TO DIE!!!!!!???????

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Jun 3, 2017 11:27 AM

Jan 2015
Okay I know this shouldn't be a big deal but fuck it I gotta say it; they are reusing the same song in every fight scene. God dammit, I have to heard at least 6 times now and we are only at episode 9.

Also why the fuck is a Sota letting a girl put her foot on his hair and face? God he is such a pussy. Can't believe this is the same voice actor as Deku after the absolute mad man he was in this week's episode of Boku no hero academia.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2017 11:29 AM
Jul 2014
Doommaker said:

Yeah, she's basically the distaff version of the Joker, only she never directly tells a lie. Which is interesting. One wonders what her own power would do to her if she did outright lie instead of simply omitting information and twisting others' words.

Kin088 said:

1.Mamika was already half-dead before she even fell out of the sky. The only thing keeping her alive for the last few seconds was her own power. She was likely barely aware of who she was even talking to. She actually lost more blood lying there on the ground than there is in the human body (~1.5 gallons/5.5 litres).

2. Mamika literally had her last few seconds when Alice arrived, and couldn't produce anything more than a whisper at best.

3. It's her character.

Vinyet said:
Kin088 said:

The plot is advancing. Mamika is now officially dead, driving home Souta's trauma and effectively forcing his confession to Meteora. This actually falls into both Magane and Altair's plans;

By fighting, they make it easier for Altair cut away at the laws that hold the world together, while Magane's objective is to make them fight to kill her opposition off. Magane knows well how much of a dunce Aliceteria is, and manipulated information such that Aliceteria would be forced to go after Meteora. The next fight has thus been set up, and can only end in one of three ways:

1. Aliceteria is forced to retreat.
2. Meteora dies
3. Aliceteria dies.

A draw is most likely, though I wouldn't count out the possibility that either Aliceteria or Meteora could bite the dust. That being said, Meteora needs to survive for now since she is Souta's moral support. At this point, Souta is pretty much at the nadir of his fugue; he believes himself to be responsible for not one but two deaths. It is Meteora's responsibility to build him back up, and also to relay what she has learned from him. She likely won't die until that task is done. Meteora needs to be able to build up Souta to the point that he is able to finish and summon his own creation into the world to counter Altair.

Therefore, I suspect that the order of deaths for the remaining cast will be as follows:

Aliceteria or Yuuya, Blitz, Rui Kanoya, Yuuya or Aliceteria, Meteora, Magane, Souta's creation, Altair, Celesia.
Jun 3, 2017 11:32 AM

Jun 2010
DW_lazy said:
In the start I thought Magane was best girl and than Mamika.

But now, none of them is best girl......

WHY DOES THE MAGICAL GIRL ALWAYS HAS TO DIE!!!!!!???????

Because they are beautiful cinnamon rolls.
Jun 3, 2017 11:38 AM

Jul 2014
neonie said:
-Stray said:
kill the talkative bitch instead, she needs to go.

How, though? If they attack, she can reverse cause and effect. Before you can kill her, you have to find out how to even counter her.

For the norms in these types of show that ''everyone/everything has a weakness'' we simply do not know what it is yet, could be her lying, they just need to trick her, how they can do that is something I dont know tho haha.
Jun 3, 2017 11:44 AM
Jul 2014
Render- said:
Ugh, can't even hate Magane. Everyone are conveniently stupid.

Except for Meteora.

Cour_Victor said:
Seems like Magane wants every character including Altair dead somehow. She held no grudges against Meteora other than her being antagonized for the murders she committed, and rightfully so, yet plotted to get her killed by both sides. She's practically the one who acts in character the most. Which is interesting, she actually didn't have a choice to be someone else.

I wonder where they will take the fight with the next episode. Alice was really mad but she shouldn't take Magane's word, of all people. I sense there is something more to it than Alice's anger. Appearently she is really overpowered by the way she took down the dragon, but can't keep up with the carnage that is unterwelt. It's really a shame we have to wait another week to see what happens and to get the answers.

That's because Alice is done with simply accepting the loss of the innocent. She's also done with not feeling that she can save everyone. Her commentary in episode 8 was fairly revealing. Alice is basically "the ends justifies the means" at this point. She will kill anyone and everyone if it means she can save her own world as well as people who are important to her.

Seems like Magane wants every character including Altair dead somehow

That's exactly what she wants. Which is why she's manipulating everyone else to fight each other, so she can get all the obstacles to her own plan out of the way. Meteora is at least passively aware of what Magane is trying to do.

Eylandos said:
Okay I know this shouldn't be a big deal but fuck it I gotta say it; they are reusing the same song in every fight scene. God dammit, I have to heard at least 6 times now and we are only at episode 9.

--snip--

You ought to pay attention to the lyrics of that song, "layers." one of the lyrics' sections is "wanna know the reason why my friends all died? Magic and deceit, stuck in the fight."

Could be an important clue, especially given that Sawano's songs generally have lyrics that match up with the theme of the action and plot overall.
Jun 3, 2017 11:52 AM
Nov 2012
If those laws stick, just as Meteora describes it, that means that Alice will still be under the effect of Magane's inside-out, where if she stabs Magane she'll instead stab herself.
Jun 3, 2017 12:11 PM

Aug 2015
That conversation between Magane and Souta melt my brain cells to the last piece added by that idiothead ladyknight I hope she dies next.

Sucks for Mamika I thought she'll live longer RIP in pepperoni.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

401 by Selcukyilmaz »»
May 14, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2017

122 by KirinMeta2 »»
Apr 3, 3:33 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2017

306 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Mar 3, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Is Altair the most powerful anime character we have seen yet in any anime? (spoiler) ( 1 2 3 4 )

LelouchXLuluko - Sep 4, 2017

169 by Raptors0verlord »»
Jan 28, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

267 by Code0018 »»
Jan 10, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.