Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 22, 2016 2:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, looks like Bakugou won the fight against Deku in the end. Oh well, at least All Might arrived before more damage could be done. Of course, he didn't exactly feel like a real winner.
Dec 22, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2013
A decent conclusion to the fight. A bit silly for Deku to announce his attack but that's fairly typical shounen logic. I guess I just expect more from this series.

Bakugou got number one! Poor Grape Boy LOL
Dec 22, 2016 4:38 AM

Aug 2010
Dem results tho. Mineta, Tokoyami, Mei and Himiko should be way higher Dafuq. And Kyouka being number one female surprised me :o But I like her so don't mind tbh. Kinda refreshing xD

The chap was awesome. Glad that Baku still won. If Deku was already stronger at 8% I would've feared the future. Dat Falcon Punch was epic as shit. And the explosion after looked so cool

Baku's finally in on the secret. That means the person who stopped Aizawa wasn't AM. Traitor incoming. Calling it now...nxt time we see Aizawa he'll be REKT
Dec 22, 2016 4:50 AM
Dec 2016
I liked the chapter but im honestly growing impatient with Deku. I get that Bakugou is pretty much a young pro and a prodigy, but MY GOD, does he have to win ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME? The only time i remember Bakugou losing was when that Sludge monster got him. I kinda wanted Deku to win but him losing made sense. I don't know. Kinda seems that Bakugou is the guy to root for rather than wimpy Deku. The main character feels like such a scrub. Hard for me to root for characters like that. My opinion.
Dec 22, 2016 5:08 AM
Jul 2016
DMB_JR said:
I liked the chapter but im honestly growing impatient with Deku. I get that Bakugou is pretty much a young pro and a prodigy, but MY GOD, does he have to win ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME? The only time i remember Bakugou losing was when that Sludge monster got him. I kinda wanted Deku to win but him losing made sense. I don't know. Kinda seems that Bakugou is the guy to root for rather than wimpy Deku. The main character feels like such a scrub. Hard for me to root for characters like that. My opinion.

He also losed against Deku in the Battle trial arc
Dec 22, 2016 5:23 AM

Jun 2014
This chapter, almost made me cry.

I'm so proud, for the both of them.

~Nice, the top 10 are all my favs. :)
Dec 22, 2016 5:26 AM

May 2015
Loved that shoe in the 4th page, best part of this whole conflict.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2016 5:38 AM

Dec 2014
Great chapter.

Nice conclusion to the fight, Deku's punch was awesome but Bakugou zero point face impact explosion was way too epic. The art for that was insanely good.

Nice of All Might to show up at the end, both Bakugou and Deku have traits each other wants, If they work together they'd be a great duo. Like that'll ever happen with Bakugou. XD
So who stopped Aizawa then? :o

Also wow, Did not expect Bakugou to win the polls. I like everyone in the top 10 and Jirou as the top girl was quite surprising, Always thought it'll be Tsuyu or Ochako. Can't believe Mineta is at 31.
Dec 22, 2016 6:36 AM

Dec 2016
I expected Midoriya to win tbh, at least he got a satisfying punch in.
Dec 22, 2016 6:40 AM
Sep 2012
Deku lost, come on, no reason he should lose? Whatever. This is a good chapter for Bakugou's character I give you that.

The ending, now a secret the 3 of them share, I wonder how long that will last, hopefully not too long, I want Uraraka and Iida to find out soon. They are going to find out eventually right? They better.
Dec 22, 2016 6:51 AM

Sep 2014
Bakugou win at the end.Didn't expect it tbh.All Might also appeared and interrupted them and now Bakugou promises to keep All Might-Deku's realtionship a secret.I wonder what the next chapter will be about.
Dec 22, 2016 7:07 AM
May 2015
Mineta is underrated af.
He is my best boi (joking but he is a funny guy).
You can see even the author loves bakugo more.
Hoping the all for one build up chapter will be continued in the next chapter cuz it opened up nice things
Dec 22, 2016 7:20 AM

Oct 2015
HOW. DID. BAKUGO. NOT. DIE?! How is he durable enough to withstand blows from OfA? Somebody please... Tell me how he won, cus I'm not understanding!

Also, the popularity polls show I will never understand Japanese fans. Not only did Tokoyami fall significantly! How did Jirou and Ojirou rise?! Mineta belongs where he is though. Gave me some joy seeing him fall in the ranks.
Dec 22, 2016 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
MoonStar9 said:
HOW. DID. BAKUGO. NOT. DIE?! How is he durable enough to withstand blows from OfA? Somebody please... Tell me how he won, cus I'm not understanding!

What do you mean? Deku's only using 5% and 8%, it's not like he's going full 100% planning on smashing Bakugou's head off or anything.
Dec 22, 2016 7:58 AM

Mar 2015
meh... called it... at least not as bad as i though it would be...

Kuma said:
at this point i doubt bokugou will turn being a villian... higher possibility if he redeeming him self with some punch sharing with deku... except league of villian interupted, which make it 4 times already...

i really interesting to where the plot goes after this and what kind development bakugou got, but bakugo character it self, at this point, not soo much or this battle it self...

6/10 for this chapter for me, not lowering the score for 8/10 since it not concluded yet... hope it can pulling something good and interesting for building next arc with the main rival developemnt and that's it... not expecting much...

AM interfering si best thing in this chapter.... new bokugou can redeeming himself for real (i hope) and back in quo status....
KumaDec 22, 2016 8:02 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Dec 22, 2016 8:11 AM

Oct 2015
Shradow115 said:
MoonStar9 said:

What do you mean? Deku's only using 5% and 8%, it's not like he's going full 100% planning on smashing Bakugou's head off or anything.

Bakugou still should not be durable enough to withstand 8% of this:

And not only was All Might weakened at the time, OfA is also stronger now having passed onto Deku. I call farce.
Dec 22, 2016 8:30 AM

Dec 2011
This is a great conclusion for this fight. Now they can be friend and rival helping each other to grow stronger..
Dec 22, 2016 9:14 AM

May 2016
Ok so here's something that is confusing me

OFA at 5% = can smash boulders
OFA at 8% = leaves nasty bruise on Bakugo's arm

5-8% is a 60% increase in power, how did this not completely shatter his arm?

(Great chapter btw)
Dec 22, 2016 9:25 AM

Sep 2014
MoonStar9 said:
Shradow115 said:

And not only was All Might weakened at the time, OfA is also stronger now having passed onto Deku. I call farce.

That's what people misunderstand. It's not 8% of that. It's 8% of Deku's upper limit aka 0.4% of his full potential. And yes, that All Might blast is probably nowhere near that potential
Dec 22, 2016 9:38 AM

Oct 2015
dicecop said:
MoonStar9 said:

That's what people misunderstand. It's not 8% of that. It's 8% of Deku's upper limit aka 0.4% of his full potential. And yes, that All Might blast is probably nowhere near that potential

You're right, I don't understand. OfA works by adding the strength of each person and passes it onto the next person. So how is Deku's limit different to All Might's?
Dec 22, 2016 10:45 AM
May 2016
MoonStar9 said:
dicecop said:

You're right, I don't understand. OfA works by adding the strength of each person and passes it onto the next person. So how is Deku's limit different to All Might's?

deku still hasn't unlocked his full potential thats why his 8% is much much much lower than all might's 8%
Dec 22, 2016 10:59 AM

Sep 2013
Bakugou wins and all might calms both of them down.
Dec 22, 2016 10:59 AM

Nov 2015
JellyBeans_Guy said:
MoonStar9 said:

deku still hasn't unlocked his full potential thats why his 8% is much much much lower than all might's 8%

Your just making excuses. Show me where it says that he needs to unlock his potential in order to captivate the percentage of power. Once he unlocks his potential he'll be at 100%. This isn't mob psycho 100. 8% is 8% of All Might (plus more). 5% was smashing boulders. Bakugou's arm should broken from that kick and his face should need a check up as well.
Night_HAvOcDec 22, 2016 11:09 AM
Reply in the first few hours to hear a response from me, if not I will not care for any further involvement for that post, so your reply will be ignored.
Dec 22, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2015
Can't believe Mineta dropped that much. I'm also surprise Deku lost. Bakugou got some character development, but it wasn't enough. If you look at his face, you can tell he still don't respect Deku. So I don't know why ppl already saying its over and now they can be friends/rivals.
Reply in the first few hours to hear a response from me, if not I will not care for any further involvement for that post, so your reply will be ignored.
Dec 22, 2016 11:16 AM
May 2016
RPierre21 said:
JellyBeans_Guy said:

Your just making excuses. Show me where it says that he needs to unlock his potential in order to captivate the percentage of power. Once he unlocks his potential he'll be at 100%. This isn't mob psycho 100. 8% is 8% of All Might (plus more). 5% was smashing boulders. Bakugou's arm should broken from that kick and his face should need a check up as well.

than that just means bakugou is that durable and no i'm not making excuses if u actually read the manga it says that deku is nowhere near all might and his 100% is not all might's 100% but more like 5% i think it was somewhere around hero killer arc or school trip arc
Dec 22, 2016 11:19 AM

Apr 2013
Bakugou win the popularity poll so he automatically getting plot shield armor from his fans yeaaaa arigatou Kohei sensei (≧▽≦)ノ
Dec 22, 2016 11:23 AM

Nov 2015
JellyBeans_Guy said:
RPierre21 said:

than that just means bakugou is that durable and no i'm not making excuses if u actually read the manga it says that deku is nowhere near all might and his 100% is not all might's 100% but more like 5% i think it was somewhere around hero killer arc or school trip arc

Did you even read what I said because I clearly mention his full potential is more than all might. If you can't even read my statement correctly then clearly we're reading two different mangas. Saying bakugou is more durable is an excuse btw.
Dec 22, 2016 11:26 AM

Dec 2015
RPierre21 said:
JellyBeans_Guy said:

I feel like the body build has something to do with the output of OFA. I doubt a frail 15 yo kid can exerce 8% of AM's 8% since AM has bigger muscles and an overall bigger body build. I doubt even Izuku managed to catch up with AM's 100% with his.

Overall meh fight with a pointless ending that didnt change the status quo.
Waste of time, it was almost fillerish...
Dec 22, 2016 11:54 AM
Jul 2016
KonoYume said:
RPierre21 said:

I feel like the body build has something to do with the output of OFA. I doubt a frail 15 yo kid can exerce 8% of AM's 8% since AM has bigger muscles and an overall bigger body build. I doubt even Izuku managed to catch up with AM's 100% with his.

Overall meh fight with a pointless ending that didnt change the status quo.
Waste of time, it was almost fillerish...

How it is pointless? this is something that needed to happen sonner or later, Bakugou was holding all that stuff inside since hideout raid and is very natural that he express all of that when he gets the chance, also it helps for a character grown on him and allows to see more faces of his character, all of this is part of a subtle development so i dont get the haterism in some people, and come on this is one of the most well choreograped fights in the entire manga
Dec 22, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
So Bakugou ended up winning but it was still a pretty close battle. Hopefully after all of this, along with All Might's little lecture, Bakugou and Deku can better their relationship.

Like some others have mentioned, I'm a bit curious as to who stopped Aizawa from leaving his house. I thought it probably could have been All Might stopping him and saying "don't interfere" before he himself went to the site of the battle, but who knows, maybe it was someone else completely, possibly a villain.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 22, 2016 2:25 PM

Dec 2015
DMB_JR said:
MY GOD, does he have to win ALL THE GOD DAMN TIME? The only time i remember Bakugou losing was when that Sludge monster got him. I kinda wanted Deku to win but him losing made sense. I don't know. Kinda seems that Bakugou is the guy to root for rather than wimpy Deku. The main character feels like such a scrub. Hard for me to root for characters like that. My opinion.

I was also a bit surprise he won, but I disagree about bakugou winning every time,
If I remember correctly he only won twice, this close fight with deku and his battle against shouta, I wouldn't even call that a victory for him, bakugou even felt disgraced and wouldn't accepted it either.
and yes this>>>
DeepRiver said:
He also losed against Deku in the Battle trial arc
not to mention what you said about the sludge monster, also he was captured by the villains and was powerless therefore him feeling weak and don't forget he also failed the exam, they didn't even consider his quick thinking and way of rescuing but just because they despise his foul mouthed personality. He had it rough, so should I say he won every single battle he had? No, he hadn't won any before and has gain nothing from his fight with shouta (maybe when he was young but now...)
QueenSapphireDec 22, 2016 4:45 PM
Dec 22, 2016 2:39 PM

Sep 2014
RPierre21 said:
JellyBeans_Guy said:

Unless it's a mistranslation, All Might confirms Chapter 38 page 6 that Deku's 100% finger flick is only 5% of the full OFA power. Full Cowl is distributing power to all regions of his body, thus only using 5 and now 8% of his own 100%. So no, I'm not making this up.
Dec 22, 2016 2:53 PM

Dec 2015
So Bakugou winning? didn't expect that but I guess Deku still had to improve a little, I mean Bakugou is still a very talented prodigy. but what surprises me more is kachanns attitude afterwards! he is gradually acknowledging deku's power and genuinely keeping everything a secret! Seriously what a superb character development, I used to hate him so much but now he has fallen to one of my favorite characters, and even got 1st at the popularity poll.

Hopefully this fight will be the start of their friendship maybe? helping each other to become a better hero, learning each of their strengths, deku to bakugous obsession of Victory and Bakugou to Deku's eagerness to help and rescue others. this fight they had was for the better. it was a great chapter indeed.
QueenSapphireDec 22, 2016 7:19 PM
Dec 22, 2016 3:49 PM

Jan 2010
Bakugou in first place? Congrats! He's a complex boy and can be an asstwerp but I'll still keep on loving him! Now onto the chapter...

I was really anticipating this chapter and it met my expectations. Deku's narrative really emulated how his relationship with Bakugou is kind of this love-hate friendship type thing going on. There's push and pull on both ends and if they cooperate together, grow in their strengths and weakness, they can be really great heroes. In other words, they complement each other.

I think one of my favorite things about Deku is the way he describes Bakugou in that he is his image of "victory". As for the turnout, I expected Bakugou to finish it. Deku's got a long way to go! Great chapter. Looking forward to the next chapter!
cottonpieDec 22, 2016 3:53 PM
Dec 22, 2016 5:38 PM
Jan 2014
JellyBeans_Guy said:
RPierre21 said:

Bakugo's skin is altered by his quirk to allow him to survive blunt force a little bit easier. Remember, his quirk is that he sweats nitroglycerin and is able to freely control when it explodes. It would make sense that his body (Bones, muscle and skin) would be naturally more durable than a normal person to be able to survive the explosions that he's causing so close to, or directly on his limbs.

Even if one were to say that Bokugo's only using 1-5% of his quirk's true potential or power, an explosion at such close range would normally take off a finger, toe or even a hand/foot in a normal person's situation. It's most likely the case that Bakugo uses .5% of his power when fighting someone that hasn't got the same type of durability as himself, and anywhere from 5-10% when fighting someone whom he's trying to injure but not kill, if he knows that they haven't got the same type of durability.

Given that estimate, I'd be willing to wager that Bakugo was able to withstand 8% from kicks and 5% from punches by just being naturally durable and well built due to his own natural physiology.

That, and we know that Deku wasn't trying to kill him, he was barely even trying to hurt him. All he wanted to do was show that he had gotten stronger than Bakugo. He didn't start that fight off wanting to win, and thus didn't use his strength and tactics to their full advantage. Remember, Deku did say "I wasn't even trying to jump" when he launched that final attack, meaning he was riding the high of power and living in the moment without thinking how he should act.
Dec 22, 2016 6:46 PM

Dec 2012
Great chapter. Great colour pages.
Congrats Bakugou, Deku & Todoroki for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place in the character popularity contest.
That is a nice Top 10.

Bakugou defeated Deku. Got a bit emotional.
Now three people know the secret.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 22, 2016 10:29 PM

May 2008
That was pretty intense. Got me so focused on the chapter the entire time, and that's saying a lot.
Dec 22, 2016 10:53 PM

Jul 2013
Stain, Orca and Todoroki have been able to withstand 5% punches/kicks. I don't see why Bakugou can't do it either.

Congrats on Bakugou on getting the hat trick :P (Grenade arms beating Deku's shoes included.)
Dec 22, 2016 11:24 PM

Apr 2012
Nice chapter. Can't wait to see them fight again.

I'm also curious about Aizawa...
Dec 23, 2016 2:33 AM
Dec 2015
You can see the people who doesn't want Bakugou to win anything but my boy winning the poll and the fight is really something. I'm proud of what his character has become.
Dec 23, 2016 7:01 AM

Jun 2015
DMB_JR said:

Deku hasn't been in the game for long, living without any knowledge on how to even use a quirk for years. Him almost overpowering Bakugou - who has trained his quirk all of his life - with lacking experience in quirk use is miraculous. It's like a cancer patient became a heavyweight boxer.

I also like how Bakugou doesn't instantly think better of Deku, like usually in shounen, and the author keeps the relationship that's been established from the start realistic. Deku still feels inferior, and Bakugou still can't stand the idea of losing to a loser. No doubt this fight with All Might's words changed his worldview, but things never work out that easy.
uh oh!
Dec 23, 2016 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
HavocParker said:
Bakugo's skin is altered by his quirk to allow him to survive blunt force a little bit easier. Remember, his quirk is that he sweats nitroglycerin and is able to freely control when it explodes. It would make sense that his body (Bones, muscle and skin) would be naturally more durable than a normal person to be able to survive the explosions that he's causing so close to, or directly on his limbs.

Even if one were to say that Bokugo's only using 1-5% of his quirk's true potential or power, an explosion at such close range would normally take off a finger, toe or even a hand/foot in a normal person's situation. It's most likely the case that Bakugo uses .5% of his power when fighting someone that hasn't got the same type of durability as himself, and anywhere from 5-10% when fighting someone whom he's trying to injure but not kill, if he knows that they haven't got the same type of durability.

Given that estimate, I'd be willing to wager that Bakugo was able to withstand 8% from kicks and 5% from punches by just being naturally durable and well built due to his own natural physiology.

I never thought about that sort of thing, that makes sense. Required Secondary Powers and all that.
Dec 24, 2016 10:29 AM
Dec 2016
RPierre21 said:
JellyBeans_Guy said:

Did you even read what I said because I clearly mention his full potential is more than all might. If you can't even read my statement correctly then clearly we're reading two different mangas. Saying bakugou is more durable is an excuse btw.

So you're implying that someone whos body is completely used to explosions that can destroy buildings, and suffers no damage from rhem, and can run through a mind field unharmed, should be beaten by a punch? After he took multiple hits by All Might? Of course hes durable enough. Currently he is the strongest kid in his class
Jan 5, 2017 6:27 AM

May 2016
The Top Ten in the popularity really had some awesome medieval attire~ I want to see YaoMomo dressed like that...

The Grapist fell into a very precarious spot! Looks like the hierarchy has fallen xD

Bakugou got a head-on taste of a Texas Smash while Deku got a face full of point-blank nuclear explodo-kill. Good thing All Might was there to reconcile their differences. I can't wait to see them in tandem soon!

Jan 10, 2017 10:35 AM

Apr 2016
BAKUGOU IS FIRST ! Take this beetches !

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, he won... yup

They gotta work with eachither now
Jan 10, 2017 4:45 PM
Jun 2016
Bakugou is first. What do you expect from the GOAT? Great fight since the one with All Might and One for All.
Aug 3, 2017 7:04 AM

Feb 2013
Bakugou didn't win if you think about the amount of power they used, 5% vs 100%.
He won't tell anybody their secret, that's good.
Nov 1, 2017 7:37 AM

Jan 2014
Bakugo win, but it would be devastating for him to know that Deku only use 8% of his power that time.
Dec 29, 2017 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
well bakugo winning,only makes sense from author stand point ,since he has to have leeway for deku to grow ,otherwise good thing about this chapter is all might giving them proper guidance ,also os aizawa the traitor, cause probably all might stopped him from interfering but when he's talking about who know his seret aizawa isn't among them ,and even if he went back he could be still eavsdropping
becoolDec 29, 2017 9:40 AM
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
Mar 8, 2022 6:39 AM

Feb 2021
Welp Bakugou still won

All Might tells him everything.

Honestly I'm just glad that Bakugou didn't take the emo Sasuke route

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 425 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Jun 5

52 by Camyy »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 410 Discussion

deg - Dec 20, 2023

34 by Thinghest32 »»
Jun 12, 6:31 AM

» I caught up on s07 and want to read from chapter 1 to the end, worth it?

Yaaceen - Jun 7

31 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Jun 10, 11:12 AM

» Boku no Hero Academia epilogue short arc start

Otaku-Aniki - Jun 2

5 by deg »»
Jun 9, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 424 Discussion

deg - May 29

45 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 8, 8:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.