Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2016 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that twintail Agari girl has like a legion of fans..

The way she plays though..a bit over excited? Lol. Funky music too imo this episode. Gotta hit that ball hard!
Stark700Oct 17, 2016 11:06 AM
Oct 17, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2010
Akari's narcissism was strong this episode but she was beaten in the end.
It also looked like a hentai for a moment when the girls where playing in their happiness.
Somehow all the tanoshi reminds me of a certain BB gun anime , and i hope this anime doesn't end up like that one.
Oct 17, 2016 11:06 AM

Sep 2015
For those who always skip the op, check out the op this time:) Theres a little special surprise.
Oct 17, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2015
Damn, definitely my AOTS

Exciting match. Dat OST tho, I want it
XenocrisiOct 17, 2016 11:41 AM
Oct 17, 2016 11:40 AM

Aug 2014
Also my anime of the season. It manages to be ridiculously cute and exciting... This show is so amazing! Beam-beam
Oct 17, 2016 11:43 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, yes! This match could have gone either way, i love how they depicted Agari's growth throughout the match seeing Koyori play.

She learned to have fun while playing and even switched to her forehand :D

Very nice use of heartbeat and sweat in the match, that was awesome.

THAT JUMP SMASH FROM KOYORI WOOOOOOOOOOOT?!

This show is bound to stay in my top 3.
Oct 17, 2016 11:45 AM
Nov 2010
I just love the Op way too much
MrJcOct 17, 2016 12:33 PM
Oct 17, 2016 11:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I gotta admit I don't really buy Koyori's abilities. Basically powering up just from having fun while playing is preeetty cheesy. I mean not quite on the level of nakama power mind you but still

Other than that though it's a pretty great anime. Probably top 5 this season
Oct 17, 2016 12:15 PM

Sep 2016
HaXXspetten said:
I gotta admit I don't really buy Koyori's abilities. Basically powering up just from having fun while playing is preeetty cheesy. I mean not quite on the level of nakama power mind you but still

having fun while playing is basically final super saiyan mode in prince of tennis xd
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 17, 2016 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
Awesome episode, I didn't even realize the time going by. Seriously this episode was just amazing.

So Agari's mom played a role in shaping her determined yet narcissistic personality, I suppose along with the meaning of her name she felt the need to rise to the top.

I love how they depicted the match, All those smiling faces, Those heartthrobs, Those blushes. Intense, exciting and cute at the same time.
Seeing Koyori enjoy herself so much always puts a smile on my face, A person who grows stronger the stronger their opponent while also bringing out the best in their opponent. Truly a pure hearted playstyle built upon nothing more than the love of the game, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that kind of stuff. :P
Excellent development for Agari, The way she transitioned from playing to win and keeping her first place at all costs to rediscovering her love for table tennis and playing for fun was great, plus the switch back to her fronthand style was awesome, That smash was epic. She had such a lovely smile at the end. <3

Nice that they shook hands after the match, Agari used Koyori's first name. :D

To be honest I wanted Agari to win, Koyori powering her way to the top in such a short while seems a little too much but it's not a problem, She was the stronger player anyway.

Oh wow, There's still one more member left in the club. Looking forward to seeing what she'll bring to the table.
Lelouch0202Oct 17, 2016 12:25 PM
Oct 17, 2016 12:22 PM

Mar 2013
the battle was long and sweaty with the newcomer giving it all she's got to take aoba's throne as ace. Although our aoba was in the lead our newcomer seemed unfazed by this, confused aoba began to wonder how can this newbie be this much of a threat? As the battle continued Aoba noticed that our newbie was enjoying the match almost as if she didn't care if she won or lost, suddenly Aoba began to have this burning sensation she hasn't felt since she was a newbie herself.

Aoba soon began to realize just how much she has changed since she claimed the throne realizing this aoba decided that if she's going to lose she's going to lose while having fun and with that aoba (I know it's not aoba just continue to let me have this) happily gives up her throne for she has realized that while on the throne she lost her love for table tennis and it became all about the attention, but this newcomer not only claimed her spot as ace but was also able to remind her of just how exciting and fun table tennis can be. So now that koyori is the new ace and aoba is on a new path to find herself (or something like that) just what will this mean for the team? and just who exactly is this warrior that goes meow? all might be answered on the next episode!

Oct 17, 2016 12:36 PM

Sep 2015
I wasn't ready for this match, too bad Koyori won ... her smile while playing is so irritating '-'
(that was a lot of heartbeat sound)
xSkipiOct 17, 2016 12:39 PM
Oct 17, 2016 12:45 PM

Apr 2011
Wow even more I HATE Koyori and I can't believe she won.
When Agari was in front 8:0 and suddenly it was 8:8 I just raged, it doesn't even make sense.
This is BS.
Agari works her whole life for this, she lives for tabel tennis and is proud do be on top and that other stupid girl just does this whole not even caring.

I don't even know if I can continue watching this.
This episode just made me angry watching it.

Best part of the episode:
Is your foot fully healed?
Yes, wanna lick it and find out?
Me: YES PLEASE
MikuLove39Oct 17, 2016 12:52 PM
Oct 17, 2016 1:00 PM

Apr 2011
doki doki table tennis sounds far more fitting, _by far_ (by far)
agari has a sick forehand and loop drive, but koyori X-FACTOR IS WTF LOL (might as well play a "comeback theme" to make it more dramatic)
paddle bonding between koyori and agari!

I wonder how Koyori would perform against someone who just outright doesn't make her heartbeat race or perhaps an apathetic person?

the quality kinda ehhed this episode, but maybe that's just cause agari's playstyle doesn't have any special effects like hokuto. I can probably hype myself for a better quality match throughout the remaining episodes.

***1 chapter doneQ! took 3 episodes
KomomoOct 17, 2016 1:05 PM
Oct 17, 2016 1:08 PM
May 2014
HaXXspetten said:

Not so much "powering up from having fun", but by matching the style of the opponent
like someone said in an earlier episode.

If you don't enjoy/like what you're doing it'll often to make you worse at it than if you actually did.

It seems like Agari realized she had been treating the game like a chore to keep her fans, and not like something to enjoy.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 17, 2016 1:16 PM
May 2014
39dearMIKU said:
When Agari was in front 8:0 and suddenly it was 8:8 I just raged, it doesn't even make sense.
This is BS.
Agari works her whole life for this, she lives for tabel tennis and is proud do be on top and that other stupid girl just does this whole not even caring.

lol, well Koyori were on a different level to begin with so it would've been a bigger surprise if she lost..wouldn't it?
Different level, as in a prefecture semi-finalist vs a city quarter-finalist.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Oct 17, 2016 1:18 PM

Aug 2016
Although I was hoping Agari would win this episode; it was still a nice out-turn with Agari loosing her bitterness against Koyori, loving this anime so far.
Oct 17, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2011
The BS where everybody leads by so much already and then suddenly it's tied is just stupid.
Oct 17, 2016 1:19 PM

Sep 2016
konatachan80 said:
39dearMIKU said:
This is BS.

lol, well Koyori were on a different level to begin with so it would've been a bigger surprise if she lost..wouldn't it?
isnt she that black haired girl in first episode that become national champion after beat the shit outta previous champ??
same dog clothes/socks
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 17, 2016 1:21 PM

Oct 2015
Well, i guess this is the point where i am dropping this show. Visuals went from good to "24 minutes of still shots" pretty fast and characters themselves are too boring to carry out the show.

Oct 17, 2016 1:30 PM

Dec 2013
Agari had no real competition before koyori came, she was easily winning all her matches ,and she was not so serious in competing in national Becuse she was satisfied that she was the ace of the school,maybe agari is more athletic then koyori but koyori play to enjoy the game she doesn't care about winning or losing and get fired up when she competes against better player ,the mental state of the player is important as the athletic ability.

Normally when the story is good and I enjoy the anime I don't care about the frames and animation

I think the anime industry having some problems , most of the shows now are only 12 episodes and some time animation quality drops through the anime
Making anime is really very expensive ,and they don't earn much money like American movies.
AlhakamOct 17, 2016 4:06 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2016 1:31 PM
May 2014
GangsterCat said:
konatachan80 said:

isnt she that black haired girl in first episode that become national champion after beat the shit outta previous champ??
same dog clothes/socks

I assume you meant the one at the end of this episode, not Koyoiri.
The game at the beginning of first episode was a national something, not prefecture.
-- Lord fifth
Oct 17, 2016 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty disappointing match. Too much still frames and not enough animation. And then they skipped all of Agari's deadly forehand smashes. I was waiting for her to switch to her forehand and they just skipped it all. Hokuto vs Koyori was the best so far because of all that focus her style got and because it had less still frames than this one.

What I did like was that Agari's reason for playing has changed from wanting praises to because she loves the game. She was mediocre at almost everything else even though her mother told her to be the best. And she found table tennis to be the only thing she's good at. She didn't like it that the only top spot she has is being taken away from her. But, just like with everyone else, Agari starts having fun with Koyori despite losing and wants to play with her again to get that feeling.

I liked what they did with the opening sequence: they had Agari saying that she'll defeat Koyori and retain her spot in the middle of the OP. And now Munemune's possible onee-chan is going to come after her foot has healed after an injury. And she's the team captain which means that she's obviously better than Agari. And it's her final year so they'll be like "let's win for our graduating senpai" or something. Now to see how Koyori fares against her. I hope this possible match doesn't disappoint with too many still shots.
Oct 17, 2016 1:33 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Siplachok said:
Well, i guess this is the point where i am dropping this show. Visuals went from good to "24 minutes of still shots" pretty fast and characters themselves are too boring to carry out the show.

If ANY studio can animate it like this, i'll eat my socks. Kinema Citrus isn't exactly known for being a good studio when it comes to animation, probably not having the funds and best animators on board.

Table tennis is one of the most exciting sports to watch on TV and i imagine it being very hard to animate. But for me, it was a good job with the slowmo shots, sound direction and good use of art in the game.

Also it was clear that there was more focus on the character development.

Souma has excellent art and a good studio to back it up, but it could not live up as well with the animation. What do you expect?
SmudyOct 17, 2016 1:56 PM
Oct 17, 2016 1:42 PM

Sep 2016
konatachan80 said:
GangsterCat said:
same dog clothes/socks

I assume you meant the one at the end of this episode, not Koyoiri.
The game at the beginning of first episode was a national something, not prefecture.
no, i mean koyori. she has same dog logo with the black haired girl during first episode intro
CrossAnge

Oct 17, 2016 1:44 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Koyori win the match, and she is the number one (of the school) :)
Oct 17, 2016 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
i have to say, i'm kind of getting into this anime haha. They went overboard with the "my heart won't stop pouding' but they told a good story. It'll be interesting to see where they'll take this lol (after all i'm expecting only 12 ep but MAL hasn't put out how many ep will air).

Some people complained the animation quality dropped but I didn't really notice it? This match wasn't the most interesting one to watch, I liked the panties girl better because they talked a lot more strategy.
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Oct 17, 2016 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
Fortunately Koyori won this match.
I love the art and that kind of animation. It's much better than using 3DCG. In this way you can really feel the dynamics, not mentioning about awesome art quality.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 17, 2016 3:03 PM

Aug 2015
Yamada2 said:
[...] And now Munemune's possible onee-chan is going to come after her foot has healed after an injury. And she's the team captain which means that she's obviously better than Agari. And it's her final year so they'll be like "let's win for our graduating senpai" or something. Now to see how Koyori fares against her. I hope this possible match doesn't disappoint with too many still shots.

Is she really the best though? I don't think that the captain always has to be the best player; she also had to take a break because of her foot which means no training during that time so I doubt that she's actually better than Agari, but who knows?

On another note, I'm wondering how this show will continue from now on. If the next episode will focus on the captain will they go straight to "real matches" (I assume there will be some kind of tournament as usual) for the second half of the show?
Oct 17, 2016 4:09 PM

Jun 2012
Yet another great epiosde, i personally don't mind Koyuri win against Agari because she loves table tennis, people in Japan have to endure hard work everyday, so at least such anime can allow tcem to escape from harsh reality :)
Oct 17, 2016 4:19 PM
Sep 2011
Lol koyori definitely a "s"
Oct 17, 2016 5:55 PM

Dec 2014
Agari's such a snob lol.

And foot fetish thing because why not?
Oct 17, 2016 5:55 PM
Aug 2015
so which side do i shud support??? damn.. hate koyori. much?!!!!! she is d main chara but d scirpt writter made me to hate her bz she defeat agari by that way.. omg. shud i drop this anime? I like playing pongpong.. really exited knowing there will be another pingpong theme airing soon.. and then what i got is... meh..
Oct 17, 2016 6:22 PM
Aug 2015
39dearMIKU said:
This is BS.

agree with you fam. all reason to life for agari is nothing left... she might me commit suicide right now. and ill follow her. goodbye cruel world
Oct 17, 2016 7:24 PM

Dec 2011
..i know Agari's personality is due to her raising and such, but isn't the mob ping pong girl who change bandwagon so easily is even more annoying?!

And Koyori is a full-blown masochist. God this club.
ChendrosheeOct 17, 2016 7:42 PM
Oct 17, 2016 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
hendrisaputro65 said:
39dearMIKU said:
This is BS.

agree with you fam. all reason to life for agari is nothing left... she might me commit suicide right now. and ill follow her. goodbye cruel world

tfw you guys assuming only Agari who works her whole life for table tennis, we dont know, maybe Koyori too
Oct 17, 2016 7:38 PM

Jan 2016
really only here for the ping pong, and I'm enjoying it.
is there doubles in ping pong, be cause the opening really sets that up.
Hope to keep getting a good amount of table tennis, don't care too much about anything else, though they are cute #moe

Oct 17, 2016 10:34 PM

Jan 2015
Komomo said:

***1 chapter doneQ! took 3 episodes

Was the first chapter that long? Lol
Oct 17, 2016 10:42 PM

Sep 2013
Pong to the Bewbs Watch Episode 3
Did the ping pong ball bounce off of Booby Boob Senpai's breasts?

Oct 17, 2016 11:10 PM

Jul 2015
Holy shit this anime is so fun to watch, it keeps being the one I'm looking forward the most every week.
Oct 17, 2016 11:21 PM
Jul 2018
I can't believe that Koyori won the match! She is the new ace now!
Oct 18, 2016 2:43 AM
Aug 2015
Vanschia said:
hendrisaputro65 said:

tfw you guys assuming only Agari who works her whole life for table tennis, we dont know, maybe Koyori too

like you said. we dont know and the script writter lead us (viewer) assuming that agari is d mc that we must support her in the beginning . in fact she isn't. its awful mate.
Oct 18, 2016 4:18 AM
May 2014
hendrisaputro65 said:
Vanschia said:

like you said. we dont know and the script writter lead us (viewer) assuming that agari is d mc that we must support her in the beginning . in fact she isn't. its awful mate.

Going by the OP, Koyori is the MC, and I guess Agari is too..in that order. :p
-- Lord fifth
Oct 18, 2016 4:31 AM
Aug 2015
konatachan80 said:
hendrisaputro65 said:

Going by the OP, Koyori is the MC, and I guess Agari is too..in that order. :p

correction: side mc. like sasuke and naruto. agari =sasuke. how cool sasuke is.just like agari. we finally decide to support naruto. he is d real mc.
Oct 18, 2016 7:01 AM

Oct 2015
Well it's an Interesting match and good animation . :)
Oct 18, 2016 7:26 AM
Mar 2016
Koyori got so OP ... She beat the big 4 with same pattern and it's get annoying

If this series keep her like that, idk if i want to watch it anymore
Oct 18, 2016 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
Good episode, thought it is a bit irritating that she keeps coming back every single episode.
Oct 18, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
This call it table tennis? It seemed to me something different, although I can imagine that when there is passion, every action, takes on a different meaning. Orgasmic narration, sin has been very single issue. Animations reduced to the bone this time too. I hope that from now on, can advance the plot and not bog down as quickly as it has happened so far. Very catchy soundtrack.
Oct 18, 2016 10:14 AM

May 2010
The yuri tho. "Make my heart beat faster!"
But man hearing the sound of heartbeat makes me anxious.

Yay Koyori made her remember the fun part of table tennis, also made her fight with front smash. dem "Lovelovelove" tho.

Very nice episode.
Oct 18, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2007
Well I guess that is as far as it goes for me. After watching the first episode what I hoped for was something like Saki for ping-pong. Ridiculous super-powers and characters and twists and stupid funny shit over and over again. What we have so far is a little bit far fetched ping ping for high schoolers , stupid drama for no damn reason at all and a MC who doesn't act like a MC which wins for no particular reason what so ever. I mean damn I'm pretty sure Agari has more screen time in the first three episodes compared to Koyori. That pisses me off. What's worse is that Koyori was behind in every fucking game so far with a huge margin and at some point she just "turns on" and starts winning. So far it was very damn predictable and the "animation" gets worse and worse. I wish they give Koyori the superpower "if I'm losing too much at the start I can't lose in the end??" kind of thing. Something like Shizuno from Saki. Then I might restart this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2016

67 by Deazu »»
Aug 12, 2023 3:06 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2016

116 by Deazu »»
Aug 6, 2023 4:14 PM

» This show is underrated

Friermiko - Jul 1, 2021

7 by VampireLord1024 »»
Jun 22, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2016

83 by TSTO »»
Jul 9, 2022 12:49 PM

Poll: » Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2016

50 by Serafos »»
Jun 28, 2021 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.