Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 17, 2016 7:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa shit got real, attack of the T-rex lol

The action was okay, not that impressive though (I never thought Rewrite's action was good for this series anyways). Tennouji vs. Midou was inevitable so I'm not too surprised to see it happen. Glad to see he wasn't the only one fight him as well.

That ending gave me chills.
Stark700Sep 17, 2016 7:55 AM
Sep 17, 2016 8:04 AM

Apr 2015
^
CGI from 2003 looks better than this. What a piece of shit.

Sep 17, 2016 9:25 AM

Mar 2016
I may sound weird, but this even more rushed than all 11 eps combined
Sep 17, 2016 9:38 AM
Jan 2014
o. so she died. in the flsahback. i see thats the difference. but i thought he would live this time. i guess not he had to die again.
Sep 17, 2016 9:49 AM

Jan 2012
Well all hell's broken loose, as expected. Sad revelations about Kotori AND blonde dude this week, but neither were given time to breathe. And blonde guy's being placed right after was especially jarring. I know this is an original route, and have never played the vn, but even I could tell they tried to stuff in too much in one episode. Well regardless, I hope next week's finale isn't a complete mess...
Sep 17, 2016 9:51 AM

Jan 2015
Everyone's after Kagari, And Kotaro trying to protect her all this long.
Shizuru just come at the right moment.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 17, 2016 9:52 AM

Jun 2013
I agree that it was kinda rushed, but good nonetheless. I don't really mind the CGI so..

Can't wait for

Murasa22Feb 9, 2017 9:29 PM
Sep 17, 2016 9:56 AM

Sep 2015
okay
kotori familly become useless here
suzaki useless
have no idea the hell just happen to midou way too fast
sakuya still on original route battle+extra guy

they really going to put everything on this 13 ep anime...
Into the Internet!
Sep 17, 2016 9:57 AM

Jul 2015
Seriously, I try to find something good about this, but I can't. The drama of Kotori's parents was so forced.

Even worst than episode 11.
Sep 17, 2016 10:03 AM

Jul 2016
The next and last episode will be this Anime's salvation. It's either gonna save everything or the other way around. We'll see next week. Any news on how long the last episode will be? Will it be an hour long?

Kotori's side story was so so forced. I wanted to be emotional but it's just not there. And the CG wonderland makes me wanna cry. And Midou...he wasn't utilized that much?

Awaiting the next episode, how will Akane join the others? Hmm
*under construction*
Sep 17, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2016
Schala07 said:
The next and last episode will be this Anime's salvation. It's either gonna save everything or the other way around. We'll see next week. Any news on how long the last episode will be? Will it be an hour long?

Kotori's side story was so so forced. I wanted to be emotional but it's just not there. And the CG wonderland makes me wanna cry. And Midou...he wasn't utilized that much?

Awaiting the next episode, how will Akane join the others? Hmm

Nah i think its normal length but could cut ads to make it roughly 30mins but at this rate i don't think they care anymore.

Sep 17, 2016 10:15 AM

Dec 2014
Episode was okay. Well it's nice to see dinosaurs even if they're in CG.

It was kind sad to see Kotori's flashback and that the last two of her monsters were actually her acting parents.

Yellow guy gets a flashback as well, It was alright. I guess they couldn't really flesh out any of the stories since they had to fit both into one episode.

I liked the alternate world which they claim is the origin of the monsters.

Wonder what's happening to Kagari. Hope Akane join the gang again.
Sep 17, 2016 10:18 AM

Apr 2012
This was the worst episode.
> Highly unstable art
> The animation is really bad this time--- they didnt even try this time-- it got better the last two episode, why?
> How they handled Kotori route elements was one of the things that made me so disappointed
> And this (I had hope last week, like, the tiniest hope, but now it was crushed)

Japanese comments revolve around : I don't know what the fuck happened
to
The art and animation is really bad
to
This is cheezy
of course there were a few people who thought it was interesting
I'd have thought it was interesting as an anime only but I wont be really sure how to feel about all this
It's just too chaotic and cartoonish right now-- everything got sorta dumbed down
I dont really want to rant but this kinda is it.
I will just hope Terra will be handled by another staff tbh. Which probably wont happen.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Sep 17, 2016 10:54 AM
Jan 2016
Of the blow it is Guardian who is going to take the key and to destroy it? Or Gaia who is going to gain(win) and to destroy the world? I thought that in the picture it was Guardian who to gain(win). Otherwise he(it) puts too much Kotori forward I would have wanted to know more about it on Lucia for example when she(it) had these experiences(experiments) and when she(it) suffered a lot as in her(its) road. We rarely see her(it) being a child of all the heroines(heroin) we do not see these eyes. It is not the subject yes but to put Kotori on his(her,its) past and not the others it is inequitable. Finally Kotori does not really pass I do not like(love) him(it). Then Kotarou always is saved by Shizuru lol
Sep 17, 2016 11:36 AM

Dec 2014
This show just gets worse and worse. I want to like it (because I like some of its characters), but I can't.

At least Charlotte had great animation in spite of its shit story. This, really doesn't. Its occasionally tolerable (like a 6 or 7), but it deforms too often and the CG is the usual crap CG you see in a lot of anime. Not even the designs save it. That's very sad to say the least.

If anything, it reminds me of what happened with Comet Lucifer. No wait, EXACTLY like that show. And if going by that, the ending will be complete horseshit.

Or maybe I'm far too harsh on this series. Who knows really?
Sep 17, 2016 12:40 PM
Jul 2016
I feel a lot of mixed feelings from this episode.

Kotarou v/s Midou was horrible.

They should have just killed Kotori's parents without Kotarou's noticing anything and use that time to flesh out Suzaki's death.

The only part I liked from this episode was seeing Kagari crying at the end and the ending song that complements this chapter so much.
Sep 17, 2016 12:58 PM

Mar 2011
Key fans.
Thank you for watching your Visual Novel get butchered.

Yours sincerely,
another disappointed fan.
Sep 17, 2016 1:00 PM

Apr 2015
kayTheFalcon said:
Key fans.
Thank you for watching your Visual Novel get butchered.

Yours sincerely,
another disappointed fan.

Hey, I'm not watching this. Dropped after 4th episode.
Sep 17, 2016 1:05 PM

Sep 2014
We could have had awesome drama, action, and chaos/despair, but...

The drama was forced because it came out of nowhere without any sort of foreshadowing and therefore had no impact. The action looked really bad... I wasn't expecting the animation to get worse, but it actually did. And the chaos and despair that should have been there towards the end... it was just too rushed and lacked the necessary build up throughout the series to deliver. For all these events to unfold properly, they would have needed 2 episodes instead... which brings us to my next point...

I can't help imagining how great a proper adaptation of Rewrite could be. I never thought it was possible to adapt the original story properly, but I have to admit an anime original route with 24+ episodes and good execution/production would have a lot of potential. Too bad we'll never see that.
Sep 17, 2016 1:15 PM

Aug 2014
I still don't get how Shizuru's outfit is practical in anyway. I can understand Lucia's but not Shizuru's.

Also rather poor animation this week but on the story front I did feel bad for blond guy but at the same time I couldn't give a shit about Kotori's parents, maybe if we were told that a bit before they died (again I guess) instead of as they died (again) I might have cared more.
Get your shit straight Brenda
Sep 17, 2016 1:30 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Worst adaptation of a Key VN ever, thats no doubt by now. This is bad.

Everything is rushed to oblivion lol
Sep 17, 2016 1:38 PM
Mar 2016
WTF Kotori's parents are monsters of her creation?
Sep 17, 2016 1:43 PM

Jan 2015
Whoahoho said:
WTF Kotori's parents are monsters of her creation?

They died in the car accident, Kotori used their bodies to make monsters.
Sep 17, 2016 1:58 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Never played the VN but the fact that it took 12 eps. to get to this point just shows how much they cut from the original source.

I honestly didn't even know what was going on tbh.
Sep 17, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2011
Smudy said:

I really wish to be redone again this anime. Just like what happened with Kanon
Sep 17, 2016 2:00 PM

Dec 2013
So.... I take it this entire ending is anime-original?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 17, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Episode 8-13 is all anime-original content with some story pieces from VN.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 17, 2016 2:06 PM

Jun 2015
L-Ryoshi said:

No, ehm they are taking routes from the vn and smash it together with lots of "anime original" and make it super rushed and forced in other words it's terrible. But the ending is anime only
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 17, 2016 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
lightningfalcon said:
Smudy said:

Whitefox: "We have to do it all over... And this time, we'll do it better"

(did anyone get that joke)
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 17, 2016 2:19 PM
Jul 2013
I think this image tells everything.
Sep 17, 2016 2:29 PM

May 2015
I swear, Rewrite really needs a remake. Do the original source justice....

Sep 17, 2016 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
sanata50lbsb said:
lightningfalcon said:

Whitefox: "We have to do it all over... And this time, we'll do it better"

(did anyone get that joke)

Probably every Rewrite fan. But it isn't funny in this case. White Fox ain't gonna do shit.
Sep 17, 2016 2:52 PM

Apr 2015
matan7890 said:

The fuck is that!?
Sep 17, 2016 3:01 PM

Jun 2013
Man I was disconnected by Kotori's crying. I expected to tear up with a critical moment in her route like I did in the visual novel but the animation did not sync up right with the voice and that very minor detail bothered me as well as the rest of the animation during other visually intended gripping scenes.

I know everything is getting mixed in to make this "new route" but how is everything going to wrap up nicely in one more episode?

Sep 17, 2016 3:03 PM

Jun 2009
I got the answer to my question why Kotori's parents aren't looking for her but damn, it was so rushed and left zero emotional impact. Also, I felt bad for Midou but again, so rushed.
The guy at the end was that Kashima's lover from the flashback, right? Well, he went out quickly. What a brutal way to die.
So the next ep. is the last, huh. I hope they at least improve rt and animation a little bit.
Sep 17, 2016 3:16 PM
Jul 2013
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
matan7890 said:

The fuck is that!?

It was taken right from the episode. 5:03.
Sep 17, 2016 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
matan7890 said:
My thoughts after this episode lol, but damn the artstyle is just horrible...
Sep 17, 2016 3:28 PM
Jul 2018
What happened to this show. I really liked at first and lately its been really boring...
Sep 17, 2016 4:06 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty damn good actually. Apart from that Lucia living asspull I actually enjoyed these last few episodes. I don't even care about the CGI and Midou sacrificing himself was actually really good too. One thing they handled well was him at least.
Kagari seems to have reverted to standard route Kagari which is what I expected from the start and salvation is taking place. All that's left is to see which ending they give us.
Kagari hasn't received any good memories so only two are an option. . .

Obviously no time for even Moon anymore so maybe if they do another season they could do Moon+Terra after this original route but the way 8-bit has been handling this, I don't even know if I want them anymore.
Switch studios please and give Moon and Terra to P.A.? Or even White Fox since they did the Moon opening. Heck I'll even take J.C. Staff at this point. Why does the best VN have to get the worst studio. . .

Maybe they could do a Moon movie or even a series of movies for Terra, there are some options.
Most likely though either season 2 by 8-bit or more likely nothing which is fine too.
I really just want Rewrite+ and Harvest Festa. The anime was a huge disappointment.
Sep 17, 2016 4:09 PM
Jul 2018
The monsters are attacking the human race!
Sep 17, 2016 4:18 PM

Feb 2014
best comedy of the summer season
Sep 17, 2016 4:53 PM

Jun 2014
I thought this show would be interesting but my goodness, it's boring as hell. I almost fell asleep during this episode and I barely have any idea what's going on, but at this point I really don't care at all. Everything felt rushed and forced, and I honestly can't wait for this show to end.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 17, 2016 5:03 PM

Sep 2013
Kinda liked the episode in spite of cramming every chara's tragic back-story and rushed pace. But felt some pangs in my chest when Kotori revealed her 'parents' as trump cards. The madness of Gaia saint will be handled by Koutarou & co. with maybe help of Guardians.
Sep 17, 2016 5:05 PM

May 2010
Poor Midou ;_; He's the second best bro of Rewrite, 10x better than some stupid Yoshino, sooo unappreciated.
Yeah apart from that what the hell is even happening @_@

Sakuya... He doesn't deserve that </3
Sep 17, 2016 5:11 PM
Apr 2013
Is no one gonna point out that we saw Jasmine in Midou's flashback?

That and the ending song's visuals changed a bit?
Sep 17, 2016 6:03 PM

Nov 2015
albertrojas said:
Is no one gonna point out that we saw Jasmine in Midou's flashback?

That and the ending song's visuals changed a bit?

Sep 17, 2016 6:07 PM

Dec 2014
SeriuS said:

Nah. Have you tried watching Taboo Tattoo?
Sep 17, 2016 6:24 PM

Feb 2014
Burger-Meister said:
SeriuS said:

Nah. Have you tried watching Taboo Tattoo?

if it's "funnier" than this then i don't plan to
Sep 17, 2016 6:27 PM

Dec 2013
The CGI is still terrible but that's to be expected at this point.

Sad what happened with Kotori's parent but the rest was meh.
Sep 17, 2016 7:08 PM

Sep 2015
CGI dinosaurs lol
But yeah, kinda rushed. Interested in how they'll wrap it all up.
Also, the score dropped wayyyy down from when I checked it last (a few weeks ago?) I feel like a lot of VN readers are pissed off or something. I want to play the VN really badly now though.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
Yesterday, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
Yesterday, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
Yesterday, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.