Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 31, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was interesting, seems like the Hellions in this series getting more and more tougher. And we got more info dump about malevolence.

Good action as expected and I like how Lailah worked with Sorey to deliver some ass kicking in that dungeon. Their discovery wasn't pleasant..so perhaps some secrets are better left hidden. Crazy cliffhanger ;o I got some legit chills after this episode.
Stark700Jul 31, 2016 7:57 AM
Jul 31, 2016 8:15 AM

Apr 2014
That was one big ass malevolent storm. I guess we're going to find out next week what exactly caused it.

Lailah is still my favorite character

Jul 31, 2016 8:20 AM

Jul 2011
That cliffy.
Cant wait for next week's episode.
Also Lailah's skill! That was just amazing.

lailah being all icanttellanysecrets in the skit was amusing
Jul 31, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2014
That was a good episode.

It was nice to see Alisha finally being able to talk to the Seraphim, Poor Sorey though, He needs to cut off his senses.
Lailah's pout kinda expression when she was giving instructions was so cute. <3

The way they entered the ruins with all that gold light shining through the door gave me this real adventurous and mysterious vibe. I love scenes like that.

Quite some info on the malevolence, Seems Sorey can detect Malevolence with precision now that he's accepted the Shepard's power.
Action is as flashy as ever, Pure eye candy and I love it.
So Lailah's power is fire based and Mikleo is Water/Ice based, I'm a sucker for Fire anyway so Lailah's powers are easily my favorite XD

Considering that twister like thing appeared again, Does that mean we'll be seeing that dragon again? I'm really excited for what's gonna happen next. Wonder when the other characters in the OP will join up.

I love these ending segments, I fine them adorable for some reason.
Lelouch0202Jul 31, 2016 8:25 AM
Jul 31, 2016 8:21 AM

Oct 2013
That cliffhanger!
Can't wait for the next episode.
The amount of CGI used is starting to bother me a bit. Atleast the parts with the fully CGI city.
Probably wouldn't bother me as much when binge watching the series but that's not really an option atm.
Sorey looks baller with his new designer clothing.
Also Lailah best girl for me.
Preview skits are still gold.
DafkaJul 31, 2016 8:30 AM
Jul 31, 2016 8:28 AM

Oct 2014
Lailah is really pretty
Jul 31, 2016 8:30 AM

Apr 2015
My memory about the game's start is a bit hazy but I can't recall such a huge storm of malevolence.

Guess with this it's now set in stone that they'll go full original with this, hell yes!

I can't help it but I always let out a childish "oooooh" when Ufotable displays its particle effects.

Anyway, next week seems like it could become extremely action packed. This combined with the fact that the following is likely to be entirely original makes me officially hyped for the show :)

EDIT: Oh right "that" is supposed to happen next week. Not I get the hints within the preview :)!
FappaJul 31, 2016 8:59 AM
Jul 31, 2016 8:31 AM

Sep 2015
Did the storm appear out of nowhere or they could have noticed it from a distance ?
another great episode
Jul 31, 2016 8:34 AM

Jul 2011
Fappa said:
My memory about the game's start is a bit hazy but I can't recall such a huge storm of malevolence.

Guess with this it's now set in stone that they'll go full original with this, hell yes!

There wasn't a giant swarm of bats either.
I'm hoping the ending will be the same. Its just the journey that will be entirely different.
Jul 31, 2016 8:38 AM

Mar 2010
Spent the whole episode thinking to myself
"where is your new sword"
"why aren't you using your new sword"
"why didn't the princess give you the sword when you woke up"

seriously that battle would have gone alot smoother if he didn't have to use his regular weapon

good ep tho
Jul 31, 2016 8:39 AM

Jun 2011
Jryou said:

seriously that battle would have gone alot smoother if he didn't have to use his regular weapon

good ep tho

Maybe using that form again would greatly exhaust him?
Jul 31, 2016 8:42 AM

Jul 2011
Theorder14 said:
Jryou said:

good ep tho

I think he is talking about the sword that he pulled out from the pedestal.
Jul 31, 2016 8:44 AM

Jun 2011
Fappa said:

Anyway, next week seems like it could become extremely action packed. This combined with the fact that the following is likely to be entirely original makes me officially hyped for the show :)

Well, it's already confirmed that
Jul 31, 2016 8:46 AM

Jun 2011
jovee said:
Theorder14 said:

oh.. didn't it went into Sorey?
Jul 31, 2016 8:48 AM

Oct 2010
So sources say
. That would explain why the story just completely changed from the game.
Jul 31, 2016 8:49 AM

Oct 2010
Theorder14 said:
jovee said:

ed

Basically yeah. That sword is only in his armatus form
Jul 31, 2016 9:32 AM

Jan 2016
My boo velvet is appearing next ep?!

HELL YEAH! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Jul 31, 2016 9:48 AM

Oct 2013
the animation is so fuckin good
"If you trip while running down a hallway, you will got nosebleed. If you trip in life, you cry" Minori Kushieda

"This world is merciless, and it's also beautiful" Mikasa Ackerman

"A lesson without pain is meaningless" Edward Elric
Jul 31, 2016 9:50 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, that was one of the most gorgeous and dull episodes i've ever seen. Seriously, the pacing of the story needs to get going much faster than this and they need to make exposition scenes better.

Overall, nothing bad, but nothing good or interesting either. A standard info dump episode with great visuals and dull direction. 5/10.
astroprogsJul 31, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 31, 2016 9:52 AM

Apr 2010
Theorder14 said:
jovee said:

It did. I don't entirely remember, but IIRC the sword just represents the power of purification and can take any shape the Shepherd wishes, in Sorey's case - Ritual Swords. It gets an explanation in the game.
antonnJul 31, 2016 9:16 PM
Jul 31, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2014
Not really the most exciting episode but we learned some new information, and judging by the way the episode ended, it looks like next week should be pretty thrilling.

Dafka said:

The amount of CGI used is starting to bother me a bit. Atleast the parts with the fully CGI city.

Well it could be worse. The CGI could look like the current Berserk's, so that's why I don't really mind it all that much. Ufotable's CGI looks pretty decent.

astroprogs said:
Wow, that was one of the most gorgeous and dull episodes i've ever seen. Seriously, the pacing of the story needs to get going much faster than this and they need to make exposition scenes better.

Overall, nothing bad, but nothing good or interesting either. A standard info dump episode with great visuals and dull direction. 5/10.

I think the pacing is slow because it's split cour. The makers are probably deciding to take it slow since we're getting another season anyway.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 31, 2016 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
That was a good episode.

The storm came to the city at the end!
Jul 31, 2016 10:01 AM

Jun 2013
Not as good as last week, but still great nonetheless.
Jul 31, 2016 10:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
We get to know what the mission of the Shepherd is. The malevolence causing yet another big storm, this will be good.
Jul 31, 2016 10:08 AM

Aug 2010
thebrentinator24 said:

I think the pacing is slow because it's split cour. The makers are probably deciding to take it slow since we're getting another season anyway.

It probably is, and, four episodes in, i'm not sure why they decided on making this a split core. I haven't played the game and i'm unfamiliar with its story, but, so far, i can very easily see the events of these four episodes, leaving the prologue episode untouched, being made into just two without really missing anything substantial. Four episodes just to get to the exposition episode is too much IMO.
Jul 31, 2016 10:13 AM

Sep 2011
This episode was almost entirely anime only and i think thats a good thing, people are saying its slow and yes it is but this actually just cut a ton of filler from the game surrounding the game's lore as well as removing some really fucking stupid melodrama with miklleo and sorey.

All in all this was significantly better than in the game and i am looking foreword to where this goes since this is again not following the game at the current moment, next week is likley the berseria stuff which i have mixed feelings about, i think alot of the game's 2nd half is going to be outright cut so im not worred about the slow pacing, frankly the 2nd half consisted mostly of the trials which wont work in anime form most likley which could lead to the anime writing its own plotline to flesh out the cast and especially the weak as hell villains.

Jryou said:

good ep tho
that sword only appears during armitization with lailah, mikleo's is with a bow that they didnt include in this episode but its in the opening, edna will have him using rock fists, with dezel he uses sharp wind i think. When not in armitization sorey is just a dude with a normal ass sword.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jul 31, 2016 10:27 AM

Oct 2014
Sorry, but i have to break the Train and say that i like Alisha more then Lailah so far :p
Jul 31, 2016 10:50 AM
Mar 2011
"what if we're written out of the story?!"
Jul 31, 2016 10:57 AM

May 2011
If people thought this was slow, the game man in these parts LMFAO.

Xin_Eohp said:
"what if we're written out of the story?!"

Let's hope enough liberties are taken
Jul 31, 2016 11:08 AM
Apr 2015
The cliffhanger is real. Damn cant wait for next episode or maybe 3 next.
Jul 31, 2016 11:19 AM

Sep 2014
That was really good and intense.I really like the CGI in the series.
Jul 31, 2016 11:34 AM

Jun 2015
The episode previews in VN style are so great :DD
Jul 31, 2016 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
interesting concept. i got a bit suprised when i knew the fact that actually any seraphim can make a contract with him and gain more power from that. it's awsome imo. i really like that alot.

Overall, it was an interesting episode. the fight scene didn't give much impact to me compared to the previous episode but it was beautifully well made xD

DAT ending tho. is it the dragon again ? either way, i just can't wait to see the next episode. looking foward to it xD
Jul 31, 2016 11:50 AM

Dec 2015
3/5 for this episode. Pacing a bit too slow for my taste. Not that good probably because it is based on a game and games have less story and more gameplay. I am dropping this here with 6/10 (still better than Re:Zero :D ) cause I don't care that much about the visuals (which are nice) but prefer story.

And with Endride, Arslan, Alderamin, Berserk I am already watching a lot of middleage/(dark) fantasy stuff this season.
Jul 31, 2016 11:52 AM

Mar 2016
I'm liking all the girls in this anime, so I can't say I like only one lol
Anyways, another good episode. We got to know even more about the shepherd, his mission, and the malevolence that's plaguing the world . Next week hopefully another good episode. The previews are nice as always .
Jul 31, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2016
I love this anime a lot because of the likeable characters I really Like Lailah and Alisha they also look so pretty haha Mikleo is also cool he is awesome as well and Sorey is okay though But I prefer the others character than him.

The Plot Is okay though I admit the plot is kind slow but Its alright I hope they show who is villians next and what is thier motives besides that crazy guy with big grin I still don t who are the real villians here.

Neverthless this episode is very good I like definetly because of the characters.

Jul 31, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2016
Inori_is_love said:
Lailah is really pretty

I agree sometimes I can t stop looking at her lol lol haha

Jul 31, 2016 12:12 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode, but previous were better probably cause this one was not so action-packed, something like build-up. The animation for Lailah's spell looked very nice.
Jul 31, 2016 12:18 PM

Mar 2016
Kirigiri50 said:
Inori_is_love said:
Lailah is really pretty

I was expecting some to complain about her voice given quite some people complained about the VA's (Noriko) Voice in Fate/stay night as Sakura . Oh well, i have no problems with her voice , it's actually nice.
Jul 31, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2015
Another solid episode, about what one would expect from Ufotable.

Alisha is still one of my favorite princess-type characters in a long while and I like her design.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 31, 2016 12:38 PM

Jun 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:
Kirigiri50 said:

I was expecting some to complain about her voice given quite some people complained about the VA's (Noriko) Voice in Fate/stay night as Sakura . Oh well, i have no problems with her voice , it's actually nice.

Really? I think her voice is pretty good Its make her sound younger than she looks though But It awesome I like her voice

Why would people complain about her voice?

Jul 31, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2009
Kirigiri50 said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Really? I think her voice is pretty good Its make her sound younger than she looks though But It awesome I like her voice

Because we miss the other voice she had at least me.
()__() This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Help bunny gain world domination.
(")_(") Copy and paste bunny into your signature.
Jul 31, 2016 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
Jryou said:

good ep tho

The sword he pulled of the stone is the fire sword your saw on last week's episode. He wont be using it regularly, just when he transforms. You saw the sword turn into dust and disapearing inside him at the end of episode 3, didn't you? xD

ShanaRen said:

Really? I'm still playing the game(for the second time) and I barely notice any diference in Lailah's voice. If it wasn't for the forums I would've never guessed they changed Lailah's VA xD
Veldin461Jul 31, 2016 1:51 PM
Jul 31, 2016 2:10 PM

Jul 2016
Malevolence!
Malevolence!

It has begun ^_^

It seems that bad luck Alisha brought a storm with her in the Capital :P

This episode was mostly Anime original. Those ruins were certainly more dark.

Jul 31, 2016 2:49 PM

Jun 2016
ShanaRen said:
Kirigiri50 said:

Lol other voice okay

Jul 31, 2016 3:37 PM

Dec 2014
I'm really interested to see how the next two episodes will help expand more on the lore and world we have come to experience in Zestiria.
Jul 31, 2016 3:41 PM

Oct 2009
Is this Tales of Infinite Budget? I like it!
Jul 31, 2016 3:49 PM

Jan 2008
Bothering me the subtitles and/or characters said episode 6 is the next episode while most list this as episode 4 because of the episode 0 mumbo jumbo.
Jul 31, 2016 3:59 PM

Jul 2014
Kirigiri50 said:
Inori_is_love said:
Lailah is really pretty

Same xD........Lailah best girl.
Jul 31, 2016 4:02 PM

Oct 2011
Omg the Lord of calamity. The storm is back omg.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.