Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2016 1:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OBJECTION

I thought Ryuuichi's screaming was priceless. Almost thought he was going to lose the case until he uses one last clue with the date on the receipt picked up from back then. The face Konoka had on after realizing his flaw was also amusing. About time the truth is revisited though and Konoka is exposed :D
Stark700Apr 23, 2016 4:45 AM
Apr 23, 2016 2:00 AM

Aug 2012
Phoenix's screaming was so out of place. Nice to hear the cornered theme at last but I'm disappointed that they didn't play the turnabout sisters theme.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Phoenix read the list Mia wrote?

Apr 23, 2016 2:11 AM
Jan 2016
Animation IMPROVED

still wonky at zoom outs though
hedla12Apr 23, 2016 2:16 AM
Apr 23, 2016 4:05 AM

Jan 2015
"OH MY GOD!!!". Always hard to not laugh every time Kanako talk, especially when he give a statement about seeing Naruhodo do the kill. LOL
Thanks to that "Spiritual Transition", this case somehow feels like done by Chihiro's spirit instead of Naruhodo. Oh well.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 23, 2016 4:34 AM

Dec 2012
Argh I freaking hate Redd White acting all smug. That bastard confessed to killing Chihiro so at least he is going to jail. Lol all that English he was saying.
Mayoi successfully spirit channeling Chihiro for the first time. Nice to see her again.

NOT GUILTY for Naruhodo & Mayoi.

Looks like Mayoi is gonna be working with Naruhodo from now on.
Sweet moment with Chihiro's spirit & the both of them. Loved that moment in the game.

"I'll always be watching you".

Next week the Steel Samurai case.
Santoryu_XBurnerApr 23, 2016 4:43 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 23, 2016 4:37 AM

Dec 2013
Mia and her plot came to savee the day! Cool how they brought back the receipt like that.

Next episode is the steel samurai case. Not sure how I feel about that. I like the case but it mean they wont be skipping any cases including the circus case. I had hoped they would skip it so they can dedicate more episodes to the fourth case.

Dem hamburgers
Apr 23, 2016 4:59 AM
Jan 2013
Xushu said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Phoenix read the list Mia wrote?

In the game? yeah.
It's to keep secrecy, I guess, since the time Phoenix read the list it was turned into a monologue...

G_Spark233 said:
Next episode is the steel samurai case. Not sure how I feel about that. I like the case but it mean they wont be skipping any cases including the circus case. I had hoped they would skip it so they can dedicate more episodes to the fourth case.

Eh? It will be 2-3cour?
I'm imagining this is only a one-cour anime

Still have a problem with pacing, dem CGI court participant though
Apr 23, 2016 4:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The hell is with this "spiritual channeling"? Keep the mumbo jumbo stuff out of a courtroom anime, please..
Apr 23, 2016 5:01 AM

Jan 2008
G_Spark233 said:
Mia and her plot came to savee the day! Cool how they brought back the receipt like that.

Dem hamburgers

It ain't burgers. It's miso ramen.
Apr 23, 2016 5:02 AM
Dec 2013
3D people is best looking people. 5/7
Apr 23, 2016 5:03 AM

Dec 2013
dex_dash said:
G_Spark233 said:

Eh? It will be 2-3cour?

I have been hearing it will be a 2 cour with the first two games.
Apr 23, 2016 5:04 AM

Dec 2013
yvanc said:
G_Spark233 said:

Dem hamburgers

It ain't burgers. It's miso ramen.

Thank you for clarifying this. I had no idea.
Apr 23, 2016 5:04 AM

Nov 2015
I just hope every case is like this one.
It was really thrilling to see Ryuuichi fight the case.
Apr 23, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2012
HaXXspetten said:
The hell is with this "spiritual channeling"? Keep the mumbo jumbo stuff out of a courtroom anime, please..

Get used to it. You'll see it many times just like the game.
Apr 23, 2016 5:13 AM

Feb 2016
This was certainly a much better episode. I remember this being the trial that hooked me to the game.

On a side note, this series definitely has a lot of supernatural stuff. In fact it should be tagged with supernatural. Anybody having a problem with that is definitely not going to like this since this is a very major part of the story.
Apr 23, 2016 5:14 AM
Jun 2014
Thank god they finally played Cornered. Shame that they're adapting Turnabout Samurai, I know it's technically necessary due to introducing Oldbag and Will Powers, but Turnabout Goodbyes absolutely must have at least 4-5 episodes dedicated to it.
Apr 23, 2016 5:15 AM

Jan 2015
This episode felt a lot better...Naruhodo-kun saves the day!!! (Or his own ass again )
Apr 23, 2016 5:26 AM
Jan 2013
If Maya's craving for miso ramen, wonder what will Gumshoe's daily meal is...
Ah, seeing Oldbag, I'm not sure if I have to be happy or sad...

G_Spark233 said:
dex_dash said:

Eh? It will be 2-3cour?

I have been hearing it will be a 2 cour with the first two games.

It looks definitely be 2-cour... after chcking from questionable source...
Apr 23, 2016 5:26 AM
Dec 2010
A bit rushed, but this case wasn't that interesting in the game anyway. I liked the scene with Maya in the office. Can't wait for the next episode, this was the point where the game started getting better and better.

G_Spark233 said:

Third case is way too important to skip. It has major character development for
It also introduces several recurring characters.
Apr 23, 2016 5:29 AM

Dec 2014
Bring MIa back... missing her so much...
Good episode altogether
Apr 23, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 2014
Damn Oldbag next week. I can't wait, I really thought they might skip that, but it's sad that Rise from the Ashes will probably be skipped since it's not part of the original cases in the Gameboy release of the game and the Cornered remix of the anime is good. I love it.
Apr 23, 2016 5:43 AM

Oct 2014
If one day they actually show Maya/Mayoi eat her favorite dish on-screen, I wonder what the subs will say...
Apr 23, 2016 5:51 AM

May 2015
So looks like the supernatural elements were introduced that I've heard of before. Hilarious and priceless how Edgeworth lost his case for the first time, and how Mr. White got driven in a corner. Good and enjoyable episode.

Apr 23, 2016 6:08 AM

Jul 2007
This adaptation continues to be subpar in every single way possible. Animation got a bit of a buump but nowhere near enough to be bearable.

The story itself is still rushed as hell and adaptation - way too gamey and uncreative.

3/5 for the episode.

HaXXspetten said:

You are new to franchise I guess. Supernatural mumbo jumbo is integral to the story. IF that turns you off might as well drop it since eventually
The Komori

Mar 2013
What the hell was the significance of that masked warrior person at the end lol

Even though he's just doing his job, I still find it to be quite disgusting how lawyers like Edgeworth can defend obvious criminals like Mr. White

Thankfully he got what he deserved and Phoenix and Maya/Mia won the case....Speaking on Mia, she looks hot af in Maya's outfit lol

The final scene with Phoenix and Maya was nice too and I'm happy that Mia left the firm for him to inherit and that she's gonna watch over him :'')
TokoyaApr 23, 2016 6:11 AM

Aug 2012
Grey-Zone said:
If one day they actually show Maya/Mayoi eat her favorite dish on-screen, I wonder what the subs will say...

Probably Ramen Burger just to play it safe.
Apr 23, 2016 6:14 AM

Oct 2014
Xushu said:
Grey-Zone said:

Probably Ramen Burger just to play it safe.

Or maybe it will be multiple "mini seaweed diet burger" xD
Apr 23, 2016 6:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Fai said:
HaXXspetten said:

You are new to franchise I guess. Supernatural mumbo jumbo is integral to the story. IF that turns you off might as well drop it since eventually
Yeah I don't play console/handheld games so

In any case that's.. not really what I was hoping for but maybe it'll work out, we'll see
Apr 23, 2016 6:31 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Probably the best episode so far, but some things just work best as a game...

4/5
Apr 23, 2016 6:31 AM
Sep 2011
Dat CGI audience. Wow.

The ugliness of the animation is especially noticeable when we have the super up close and detailed Edgeworth in the same screen as the further back and woefully off-model judge, sitting at his bench that looks like it was pasted in by Studio Shaft.

That first objection made me laugh because how cheesy the still frame of him pointing behind the moving blue background looked.

Not even four episodes and I feel like I've heard everything the OST has to offer, and none of it has really stuck with me in any way. Still not used to Maya/Mayoi's voice. Aoi Yuuki was such a terrible choice for her. Not enough quirky energy. It just sounds really pitiful and vulnerable, like the audience is expected to feel protective of her.

That feeling a player of the games gets when the culprit is cornered and the pursuit theme starts playing, just isn't here. And it's not because this is an anime, shows like Gurren Lagann can get the viewer pumped without needing to be interactive.

I'm not sure I'm even gonna keep going with this. I didn't have a lot of expectations after the disaster of Dangan Ronpa's adaptation, but this is getting to the point where I think Toei could do a better job.
Apr 23, 2016 6:37 AM
Aug 2014
so the case was solve by a spirit (plot armor) instead of good writing, that's alone leaves a bad taste to my elitists ego. I don't mind the silliness presentation but this not what I expected from a investigation/mystery anime. Will there be other cases solved in a such way later on?
G_Spark233 said:
Mia and her plot came to savee the day!
Dem hamburgers

I thought it was only names, but this is on pokemon's onigiri level of localization and that shit was a dub
hithummahApr 23, 2016 6:40 AM
Apr 23, 2016 6:47 AM

Sep 2015
Nick's screaming was so out of place, haha.
Adapted it well, except some changes like reading the list out loud, dat screaming etc. Mia looked hot as expected. Sad they didn't play the theme song though.
NOW COMES THE STEEL SAMURAI. Just hearing that theme song brought back memories. 4/5

Feb 2016
I never expected Supernatural stuff to happen in this series. But this is entirely at the discretion of the storyteller so I don't mind these elements as long as they are coupled with a good storyline.

As for this episode, it was great. First episode I could say that for.
And I am starting to have a strange intuition that Mitsurugi might have been the one to say Igi ari in the scene we saw in the first episode (Where Naruhodo was being bullied by his classmates).

PS: I haven't played the games so this is entirely my speculation. A humble request to those who have played the game, please don't confirm whether this is right or wrong.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
but some things just work best as a game...
This is definitely something I've felt a lot and something I hope the makers understand. Though I doubt it'll hapen.
SacredBowApr 23, 2016 6:51 AM
Apr 2014
BURGERS BURGERS BURGERS
This episode introduces the supernatural element, don't worry there are very few of them in the triology, and they create some very interesting cases, the series would be a borefest if it wasn't for some slight supernatural elements.
A1 is sure proud of their shitty CGI crowd
Phoenix is such a fucking bum, Maya literally spelled out the contradiction for him, in the game she just gives you hints and you have to figure it out, oh yeah expect a lot of bailing and rescue now that you know that Mia can be channeled though Maya. This story is about Phoenix Wright's road to becoming a good lawyer.
Dat Pursuit-corned remix, dat Steel samurai theme, dang.
Glad they're not skipping 1-3, Justice for all is confirmed for the anime btw.
Drake1000Apr 23, 2016 6:54 AM
Apr 23, 2016 6:54 AM

Jan 2013
for all the people complaining about the supernatural

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RrII-ZSNI8
Apr 23, 2016 6:54 AM

Jul 2010
STEEL SAMURAIIIII AHHHHHHHH
I'm sorry that sneak peek at the end of the episode made my day. The animation for the next episode looks so good.

Anyway, nice episode. Animation was... meh, and the story was a little bit rushed, (They didn't include the "Did Mia run to the right or to the left" dilemma and the Bellboy's testimony) but I really wanted this case to be over so we could get to the "good part" of the story.
letfelicityflyApr 25, 2016 11:31 AM

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Apr 23, 2016 6:59 AM
Apr 2016
I ship Maya x Phoenix so much *-* I'm looking forward to see more of them. The ending and opening are both great.
Apr 23, 2016 6:59 AM

Jul 2009
letfelicityfly said:
They didn't include the "Did Mia run to the right or to the left" dilemma

I would've loved to have seen that bit. The realization when April and Redd saw her running different ways meaning that Redd had to have been standing where the killer was..that's one of my fave parts of this case!

Ah well, it was still good tho. And Steel Samurai next, woo! Wendy Oldbaaaag!!
Apr 23, 2016 7:03 AM

Mar 2015
This episode actually wasn't too bad.
Next is Turnabout Samurai and tbh it may not be one of my favourite cases, but there are some great characters. I love the Steel Samurai though.

If they start next week's episode with Phoenix being all like "OH BOY MAYA, WHAT IS THE STEEL SAMURAI?" they have another thing coming because Phoenix has been carrying around that Steel Samurai keychain since the beginning episode, so he is very obviously not oblivious to what it is.

Time to make old Edgey-boy as uncomfortable as possible when Oldbag comes along.
Apr 23, 2016 7:03 AM

Jul 2007
hithummah said:
so the case was solve by a spirit (plot armor) instead of good writing, that's alone leaves a bad taste to my elitists ego. I don't mind the silliness presentation but this not what I expected from a investigation/mystery anime. Will there be other cases solved in a such way later on?

ITs adventure/mystery anime. And yes, the supernatural is frequent part of this. Its not a courtroom drama as it already does not follow any legal system on earth.
Also friendly reminder that a lot of figuring things out has been constantly cut out from this show.

Mia and her plot came to savee the day!
I thought it was only names, but this is on pokemon's onigiri level of localization and that shit was a dub

ITs a meme and nostalgia factor. A lot of fans including me prefer the english names and localization memes. In fact they would not even know who is who otherwise.
AhenshihaelApr 23, 2016 7:12 AM
Apr 23, 2016 7:07 AM

Aug 2011
Today is pure Court scene as we all know. Since investigation part should've aired on previous episode. But 99% of it didn't included.
I liked today's episode, still pacing is too rushed as previous episodes. And feeling is not really as we played the games. Because it's cutting out some things from court scenes.
If possible I'd like to make it longer.
IMHO I think this case should've run 4 episodes long.

From the next episode preview, it seems they're cutting-off investigation part as well. Damn.
It'll just become boring if all episode takes place in Court.
AA games are fantastic because its build-up takes place in Investigation and climax takes place in Court.

But anime is ditching the Investigation part completely. It's just wrong.
I think no ladder and step-ladder joke :(
bxyhxyhApr 23, 2016 7:17 AM
Sorry for my bad English.
Apr 23, 2016 7:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The spirit channeling caught me off guard.

But i liked the episode.
Apr 23, 2016 7:14 AM

Jan 2015
I liked the idea used in pressure scenes, instead of cutting it all, they showed parts of it even being fast.

Didn't show Konaka (Redd White) blackmailing Hoshikage, but at least Chihiro (Mia) said again that Konaka blackmails politicians, celebrities and the minister of justice, fine.
Apr 23, 2016 7:28 AM

Aug 2011
wtf are these lol
Sorry for my bad English.
Apr 23, 2016 7:44 AM
Feb 2013
Still disappointed in the music of this series. It's such an important aspect for setting the suspense and triumph moments.

Hm, so case 2 finished in 3 episodes, if it continues like this, then I'd assume Case 3 will probably be finished by episode 7, and case 4 might be...5 episodes? I hope, they should take as much time as they need with case 4 since its one of the best cases in the series.

If it were up to me, I'd finish case 3 in just 2 episodes since its not very good, and spend the rest of the cour on Case 4. Flesh it out as much as possible.
KendiKongApr 23, 2016 7:59 AM
Apr 23, 2016 8:07 AM

Jan 2015
This episode was a lot better then the 1st 3 eps ...
Apr 23, 2016 8:15 AM

Sep 2013
It's still a painfully average adaptation, but this episode was the best so far.
Apr 23, 2016 8:27 AM
Apr 2016
LMAO when they say Miso Ramen and the subs says burgers XDDD

I'm glad they won't be skipping Samurai's case, can't wait to see Oldbag XD
Apr 23, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
simonli2575 said:
3D people is best looking people. 5/7

Still frame would be whole universe better than this crap :D
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 23, 2016 9:12 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder how many eps they will use for case 3 since it's longer than case 2
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mia Fey

FiddlePie - Feb 22

4 by FiddlePie »»
Feb 23, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

56 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

40 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 11, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

48 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

44 by kyledluffy »»
Jan 9, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.