Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2015 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it looks like Gajeel does manage to save Levy while making her feel slightly embarrassed. Cute.

They covered the battle as I had expected with some fluid body movement this episode.
Not always easy to cover underwater fights but I think it captured what I had expected. The flashbacks part felt a bit dull imo. I like Gajeel but never really thought his past was interesting. A bit predictable as well but oh well. This was one of fights I had slightly less expectations originally. The music used is neat though.

Oh and wb Laxus.
Revenge time~

Oct 16, 2015 6:57 PM

Nov 2014
Gyaah. This isn't even subbed yet. Do you ever sleep Stark700? :D
Oct 16, 2015 7:10 PM

Dec 2009
Oh yeah, Gajeel got his steel powerup! Yeah I like the changes they did to this part of the arc. No more Tempester getting one shot by a certain someone, now he and Laxus get a fulled fledged battle with fantastic animation to boot. Tartarus arc continues being the best arc of Fairy Tail, even more so with the anime (Despite a few censorship changes).
Oct 16, 2015 7:32 PM
Apr 2013
Judging by how Laxus hit his leg near the end (And Tempester's reaction to it), is Laxus pumping his body with electricity to keep it moving?

And wow, was the animation this episode pretty good.
Oct 16, 2015 7:39 PM

Jul 2010
That was the light of evolution. The elder seemed like a wonderful person. Gajeel was pretty awesome to come out top in that fight, which was beyond a dire situation.

Seeing Laxus pushing himself so hard, and to even use it to make himself stand... hope that the after-effects isn't all that much, but with him fighting in this state :/

Not even a glimpse of Erza and Minerva this episode. Looking forward to whoever is the big boss.

Levy really did use that spell too, quite the convenient magic.
Oct 16, 2015 7:42 PM
Sep 2012
Well Gajeel's battle with Torafusa was good, I laughed at the part when Gajeel told Levy to give everyone else air and Levy's reaction than realize she could have created air with her magic.

As for the flashback, well it would be nice if we saw that side of Elder Belno when she was alive, maybe I would care more that she died, well at the very least more reason to made that Michello still lives.

I love those added scenes with Gajeel just hanging out at the guild and Levy saying he has changed, I am thinking this place somewhere between the "Fighting Festival" arc and the "Oracion Seis" arc.

The second half is all new, as Lexus shows up to have a rematch with Tempesta, I am glad to see Lexus get another chance here. I tell you though, this episode both Gajeel and Lexus, I find appropriate because their character arcs are very similar. They are both trying to proof they are not the jerks they were at the beginning of the series.

Interesting to see how this fight ends, because we are in new terrible, this did not happen in the manga, well it still end the same way it did in the manga? We will see.

Next episode, the Lexus and Tempesta fight concludes, and we begin our final big battles. We are getting closer to the big surprises.
Oct 16, 2015 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
They are really dragging out these fights.
Oct 16, 2015 9:07 PM

Dec 2013
Mixed feelings for this episode. Levy summoning air made the end of the last episode completely pointless. It felt like the only reason she did it was to appease the shippers. Also the way Gajeel suddenly became faster than Torufuza was stupid. However I did like his little power up and the explanation for it.

I dislike the lack of explanation for Laxus's return other than "you hurt my nakama". Still it was nice to see them have a decent fight.
Oct 16, 2015 9:48 PM

Aug 2012
Laxus is back! A little bit too much of flashbacks in this episode then I would like.
Oct 16, 2015 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
G_Spark233 said:
Mixed feelings for this episode. Levy summoning air made the end of the last episode completely pointless. It felt like the only reason she did it was to appease the shippers. Also the way Gajeel suddenly became faster than Torufuza was stupid. However I did like his little power up and the explanation for it.

I dislike the lack of explanation for Laxus's return other than "you hurt my nakama". Still it was nice to see them have a decent fight.

I like how when Tempesta asks how Laxus is still moving, he just mumbles to himself xD
Oct 16, 2015 10:21 PM
Feb 2013
laxus makes his comeback! :3
Oct 16, 2015 11:00 PM

Aug 2014
Laxus the badass makes his appearance again
"I am going to be the God of the new world" - Light
Oct 17, 2015 12:54 AM

Nov 2014
Why none of you guys noticed it? Laxus's voice changed a lot. His voice is not anything like what I used to remember, he had more heavy tune.
Oct 17, 2015 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
Eh. As much as i like Laxus, i still would of preferred

The fight so far wasn't even any good.
removed-userOct 17, 2015 1:52 AM
Oct 17, 2015 2:13 AM

Apr 2008
Epsilon said:
Eh. As much as i like Laxus, i still would of preferred

The fight so far wasn't even any good.

Fuck that noise. This is much better
Oct 17, 2015 2:13 AM

Apr 2008
JayDrink said:
Wait so.. does the second half of this episode count as filler? I don't follow the manga, I only read whatever chapters the latest episode covers just to see the differences, and I have to say I really enjoyed seeing Laxus in action. But after reading the manga and seeing
I can't help but be slightly disappointed that I don't get to experience such a scene.

Do you guys think there's still a chance that

I fucking hope not. In the manga that was so bullshit
Oct 17, 2015 2:16 AM
Apr 2012
Wait so.. does the second half of this episode count as filler? I don't follow the manga, I only read whatever chapters the latest episode covers just to see the differences, and I have to say I really enjoyed seeing Laxus in action. But after reading the manga and seeing
I can't help but be slightly disappointed that I don't get to experience such a scene in the anime.

Darklight0303 said:

It did seem like a 'bam, and that's over' kinda moment, but I don't mind it since I'm so biased towards that character.
Oct 17, 2015 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
[quote=JayDrink]Wait so.. does the second half of this episode count as filler?[/spoiler]

I'm going to call it filler unless
removed-userOct 17, 2015 2:34 AM
Oct 17, 2015 2:33 AM

Oct 2014
Wait, this is the first time we've seen blood in the FT anime. Damn.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2015 2:55 AM

Jan 2011
It was good to see a bit more interaction between Levy and Gajeel, particularly since her first impulse on how to save him probably reflects what her feelings are. ("Gajeel in trouble...must...kiss...him...") There has probably been more progress in relationships and confirmation of ships in this arc than in the whole rest of the two series. As for the fights...great action.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 17, 2015 4:21 AM

Sep 2015
Laxus.......y so badass

Oct 17, 2015 4:42 AM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
JayDrink said:
I can't help but be slightly disappointed that I don't get to experience such a scene.

lol so only Natsu's allowed to one-shot people?
Oct 17, 2015 5:37 AM

Aug 2012
Milky_way1886 said:
Not the first time. There was blood shown in the early episodes during the GMG arc of this series (2014).
Oct 17, 2015 6:14 AM

Sep 2014
Didn't like they changed the Gray part >.> Hope he'll will show up in the end and defeat that guy or something.
Oct 17, 2015 6:41 AM

Apr 2008
nerfx said:
Didn't like they changed the Gray part >.> Hope he'll will show up in the end and defeat that guy or something.

Hope not. If only to see the gray fandom lose their shit like the zealots they are.
Oct 17, 2015 7:04 AM

Sep 2014
Decent episode with random nakama powerups. Laxus is gr8 as usual.
Oct 17, 2015 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
JayDrink said:

Tbh Laxus recovering from the poison (to an extent) through nakama power is more bullshit than the manga.
Oct 17, 2015 8:24 AM

Jul 2013
The part of Gajeel was very nice. I wished however that Belno would had more screentime before her death. I remember that she was one of the Council Members that always bitch about FT, so seeing her nice side with Gajeel was strange. Also goodbye to Torafuzar, he was badass.

The part with Tempester has provoked mixed feelings in me. In one hand, I'm a big Laxus fan and seeing him taking part in the arc makes me happy, on the other hand, his lack of explanation of his recovery made the scene like an asspull. I think that A1 Productions should have made an scene showing his recovery to make the scene with more sense. I'm glad that Tempesta don't get one-shotted in this version, his defeat in the manga was anticlimactic.

The anime have good pace, that's good. After that episode, the best part of the arc should start.
Oct 17, 2015 9:33 AM

Oct 2014
sim0n2170 said:
Milky_way1886 said:
Not the first time. There was blood shown in the early episodes during the GMG arc of this series (2014).

Oh shit, forgot about that.. :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2015 9:44 AM

May 2013
No, the second part IS NOT a filler. -_-
Why some people always think "Not in the manga = filler"?
Stop that, it's stupid.

The Key of the Starry Sky arc was not in the manga but is canon.

Same here, the encounter of Oracion Seis and Rusty Rose was not in the manga, but is canon.
The fight between Luxus and Tempester was not in the manga but IS canon.

The only true filler arcs were the Daphne arc and the Eclipse Spirits arc.
And some individual episodes (221, 225 i.e.).

That said If I have made some mistakes please feel free to tell me. ;p
Oct 17, 2015 10:31 AM

Aug 2014
Time to see Laxus kicking some ass.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 17, 2015 10:33 AM

Jul 2014

Oct 17, 2015 10:34 AM

Apr 2008
ScreamingGod said:

You're sadly misinformed. Mashima was going to do it like this in the manga too if not for time constraints
Oct 17, 2015 11:36 AM

Jun 2013

Laxus fighting even tho it specifies that he need Tempesta's blood to recover is a plot hole. Not surprise this happened, studios fuck up long running shows.
Oct 17, 2015 11:39 AM
Mar 2015
Holy shit, the animation looked really great, the most fluid episode till date for Ft 2014
Laxus is total boss, a little sad that gray's Spotlight was stolen by Laxus, but doesnt matter that much
Next episode looks godly too.Overall 5/5
Oct 17, 2015 11:49 AM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:

Laxus fighting even tho it specifies that he need Tempesta's blood to recover is a plot hole. Not surprise this happened, studios fuck up long running shows.

What part of Mashima INTENDED TO MAKE IT THIS WAY IN THE MANGA don't you get?
Oct 17, 2015 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
Darklight0303 said:
metsujin said:

I know but I'm grateful he didn't because what happened in the manga made more sense.
Oct 17, 2015 12:25 PM

Apr 2008
metsujin said:
Darklight0303 said:

I know but I'm grateful he didn't because what happened in the manga made more sense.

yeah right as if
Oct 17, 2015 12:44 PM

Jun 2013
is that you wake a woman. you should know better Gajeel lol awesome fight between Laxus and Tempester
Oct 17, 2015 1:35 PM

Dec 2013
metsujin said:
Darklight0303 said:

Agreed. Laxus is running on nakama power right now.
Oct 17, 2015 2:28 PM
May 2015
Laxus is probably using his electricity through his body to make himself move despite everything.....in fact this is not the first time I've seen this (like in another anime, guy used electricity to make dead bodies move). Using it this way actually has logic and it's not nakama power (completely anyway)....
Oct 17, 2015 4:11 PM

Dec 2013
SovereignSky said:
Laxus is probably using his electricity through his body to make himself move despite everything.....in fact this is not the first time I've seen this (like in another anime, guy used electricity to make dead bodies move). Using it this way actually has logic and it's not nakama power (completely anyway)....

Nothing like that has ever been mentioned. That's just your fan fiction.
Oct 17, 2015 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
That he's running on nakama power is just fan fiction, too. Nothing like that has been mentioned. What has been mentioned it that he's doing it *because* of his friends, not that his feelings for FT *allow* him to do so.

And seeing how people complain despite Mashima explicitly stating that this is how it's supposed to be..

So in the end, it's not what the author wants that counts, but the manga as it is, no matter how it ended up like that? That makes any statements "the anime is total bullshit because in this one scene, his pants were a very dark blue instead of a blueish black like in the manga" really pointless, way above the crap it is in the first place.
Oct 17, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2008
Gajeel managed to get behind whats his face several times... under water not using his shadow ability.... Hmm...

And the difference in power from steel to iron seems a bit much. It would have been more logical if they just made Gajeel eat the guy's arm when he grabbed him, I mean he did turn into some kind of metal right...? Or would that be too much for a shonen?
Oct 17, 2015 9:22 PM
Mar 2013
Promise this episode is bullshit [-_-] IMO.
Oct 18, 2015 12:18 AM
Sep 2015
What if, Laxus die in the next episode?
Oct 18, 2015 12:23 AM
Sep 2015
Anime_loves_ME said:
Promise this episode is bullshit [-_-] IMO.

Cause of the manga difference?
I still think Laxus will lose and then Gray comes.
Oct 18, 2015 12:26 AM
Sep 2015
Illyricus said:
The part of Gajeel was very nice. I wished however that Belno would had more screentime before her death. I remember that she was one of the Council Members that always bitch about FT, so seeing her nice side with Gajeel was strange. Also goodbye to Torafuzar, he was badass.

The part with Tempester has provoked mixed feelings in me. In one hand, I'm a big Laxus fan and seeing him taking part in the arc makes me happy, on the other hand, his lack of explanation of his recovery made the scene like an asspull. I think that A1 Productions should have made an scene showing his recovery to make the scene with more sense. I'm glad that Tempesta don't get one-shotted in this version, his defeat in the manga was anticlimactic.

The anime have good pace, that's good. After that episode, the best part of the arc should start.

Maybe they will explain it in the next episode. :)
Oct 18, 2015 1:58 AM

Apr 2008
George_Alfaruq said:

Impossible. Like completely impossible
Oct 18, 2015 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
George_Alfaruq said:
Illyricus said:

Maybe they will explain it in the next episode. :)

I hope. Also, it will be a good method to elongate the distance between manga and anime.

George_Alfaruq said:

That's impossible.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

177 by wildhood »»
May 19, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.