Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 3, 2015 2:59 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not much action in this episode but I'm glad to see more of Kitora..

We also get a good reflective story of events that happened up this point, quite fitting honestly. I suppose this is a close end for this journey? I know the show is starting on another season again. There's a glimpse of that from the episode so I am actually looking forward to it.
Oct 3, 2015 3:43 PM

Nov 2007
No OP.

KajiKaji's character dreaming when he decided to become a part of Border. Him without glasses looks like a different person. He's worried about himself not improving throughout this journey (and I feel the same right now in real life).

The two of them have goals for becoming A rank, which made KajiKaji's character feel sad about his low level, which he knows. He is in deep thought that almost accidentally destroyed the filming of Arashiyama Team.

The two with the goals are thankful for KajiKaji's character for giving goal and courage.

After a talk with Hanazawa-san's character, he decided to have practice battle.

He keeps losing to her, and that guy who is interested in neighbor guy as well as others (including that lady leader from last battle) joined his practice.

He went on the night patrol and realized he cannot protect a little citizen when there are many neighbor attacking with his lack of power and without neighbor guy.

Chibi explanation with neighbor guy, sniper girl, and Nakamura-san's character about KajiKaji's character. 3 of them (the team) need each other.

ED with the new theme song. I think I actually like the song even though I've never heard of Pile's songs.

It has preview like before to start off with the new arc, so this and Toubousha-hen entries might get merged? Edit: It got merged.
tsubasaloverOct 6, 2015 10:00 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 3, 2015 4:05 PM

Dec 2012
Was that some kinda of PV for the next season? It seemed pretty cool tbh
Will defenetly watch it :3
Oct 3, 2015 4:19 PM

Jan 2012
tsubasalover said:

It has preview like before to start off with the new arc, so this and Toubousha-hen entries might get merged?

That's what I'm wondering. This week was anime only as far as I know. That song at the end seems like a third opening to me, and next week definitely seems like it's leading into the anime-only arc. Probably safe to assume it's just gonna be the same show.
Oct 3, 2015 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Osamu is trying to find a way how to make himself to get much stronger!
Oct 3, 2015 4:37 PM

Sep 2015
This anime-only episode didn't seem that necessary to me, since I know that Osamu's going to be struggling over these same issues again later on in the canon manga material. Honestly, I thought last week's episode had a stronger ending to lead into the anime-only story line.

At this point, though, I'm dropping World Trigger. I was mainly sticking it out to make it through the initially announced group of episodes. I really have no interest to continue following it to see an anime-only story.
Oct 3, 2015 4:38 PM

Sep 2008
This felt like a ending episode for sure. Maybe next two are filler episodes?
Oct 3, 2015 4:45 PM

Oct 2013
Mephz said:

This was the last episode of the supposedly "main" series. The next episode is already the new one.

Mikumo, Down! XD
Oct 3, 2015 4:47 PM

Nov 2013
Wow that was absolutely shit.

I know Toei likes to add pointless filler everywhere, but an entire fucking episode of AO bullshit? Funny how Osamu showed some actual progress against Kazama (No. 2 Attacker, No. 3 overall) after 20 or so rounds, but after dozens of rounds against the others he concluded that it was just a waste of time.

Meh. Judging by the preview, they are probably trying to connect the main series with the upcoming spin off. I don't like the idea of having a training camp though, like, how are they going to do it? Do they have portable virtual training rooms? And in the middle of B-Rank wars no less.

At least the new OP/ED/whatever is kinda nice.

Honestly I hated this episode <.<

Edit: Anyway, since someone is definitely going to ask at some point I'll just answer it now; to continue the canon story line from last week's episode, start from chapter 104 in the manga. Or from the beginning, that works too.
BotatoOct 3, 2015 4:54 PM
Oct 3, 2015 4:48 PM

Apr 2008
bigivelfhq said:
Mephz said:

This was the last episode of the supposedly "main" series. The next episode is already the new one.

Mikumo, Down! XD

This episode was a new one too.
Oct 3, 2015 5:24 PM

Oct 2014
Damn, this episode made me tear up a little. And the new song is great! :D
Oct 3, 2015 5:25 PM

Dec 2007
i srsly hope that Osamu will get stronger....like they could integrate some of that Aftocrator implants....to give him more trion....or donno.....some kind of experimental trigger...taht are balanced more on the user like those that takamakoma branch uses......to give him better control over those asteroids etc...
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Oct 3, 2015 5:30 PM
Sep 2015
Anyone noticed the next episode's name is the same as the new announced World Trigger anime? @_@
But that's just my opinion~
Oct 3, 2015 5:58 PM

Oct 2011
So that was the Op for Anime original arc then

Brendan_Redmoon said:
Anyone noticed the next episode's name is the same as the new announced World Trigger anime? @_@

OMG it is!!!!
Oct 3, 2015 6:05 PM

Oct 2013
Like I said, next episode is the first of the new World Trigger anime! That was announced, and was obviously shown in the end of this episode.

People are still centered in the 50 episodes thing, but that was only a placeholder. MAL should already have changed that a long time ago, like 3 weeks ago.
Oct 3, 2015 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
I quite liked this episode, Osamu is trying so hard to get stronger. It was nice to see a lot of people coming out to have a mock battle with him. Sadly, Osamu kind of became demotivated about not being strong enough like Jin. Kuga is always there to back Osamu up and give him motivation though.

That new OP/ED song is so great. Seems like the new anime-original arc kicks off next week.
Oct 3, 2015 6:15 PM

Oct 2013
Salathiel said:
i srsly hope that Osamu will get stronger....like they could integrate some of that Aftocrator implants....to give him more trion....or donno.....some kind of experimental trigger...taht are balanced more on the user like those that takamakoma branch uses......to give him better control over those asteroids etc...

Aftocrator implants have to be done when the person is still a baby, is to late for Osamu.

With exprimental Trigger Osamu can't participate in the rank wars and so will not be considered to go to the Neighborhood.

Osamu problem is not only about control though, is power and fighting experience(both practical and theoretical)
Oct 3, 2015 6:59 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ljaesch1 said:
This anime-only episode didn't seem that necessary to me, since I know that Osamu's going to be struggling over these same issues again later on in the canon manga material. Honestly, I thought last week's episode had a stronger ending to lead into the anime-only story line.

I agree with you, it's the same issue, except they don't do it as well as the manga. Might as well have ended the season last episode instead of this one, since this was all anime only stuff. There's already the new OP too o_o Toei makes odd decisions...

I'm still interested to see what this filler arc is going to be like.
Oct 3, 2015 8:13 PM

Mar 2014
I like how everyone who fights Osamu is an attacker. And Shooters can't normally fight an attacker on equal terms.
Oct 3, 2015 8:40 PM
Sep 2012
Damn.. a full episode of filler. Oh well. The series was great in the beginning but suffered from obvious pacing issues. I personally enjoy it but really, after the invasion was over, everything became kind of pointless and boring. I know they're trying to work their way up to A-rank to go on away missions but it's just not worth watching these longggg drawn out fights. I like finding out the winners of the rank wars but the fights themselves are filled with insane amounts of dialogue and very little action due to the A-Rank commentators. Hopefully the new anime will fix everything since it isn't forced to wait for more from a source material. I'm really excited for it.
Oct 3, 2015 8:41 PM

Jan 2015
Osamu is surely become "Famous" in his own way.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 3, 2015 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
I thought the sequences with Kitora were the highlight of this episode. Hope we'll see more of her if and when we get the sequel for this season.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 3, 2015 10:08 PM

Apr 2013
Episode 48: And Towards the Future

This episode may be an anime-only content but I think it's one of the best in the whole series. Too much feels on each scenes especially the last part with Yuuma and Jin. And that new OP at the end was a nice surprise. I love that part with all the members of Kageura Squad. Unfortunately, Hyuse, Hatohara, Rinji, Hiyami, and Dorad-mon are all missing.

Next episode: Off to training camp at Shizuka City!
KitoraListOct 4, 2015 2:16 AM

Oct 3, 2015 10:35 PM

Jul 2011
Ah, I felt like something was off. It makes sense that it was an anime-only episode. Scenes were really jumpy and the random fighting with enemies was pretty pointless. Didn't feel like something from World Trigger.

Makes me think that I won't enjoy the sequel/spinoff for Fall season. :/

Nice ED though.
Oct 4, 2015 12:03 AM
Nov 2010
There's something really homely and sappy but still likable about this slower episode. Kuga and Chika talking was pretty cute. And that last part where Osamu became tearful I empathized a lot....struggling and struggling and not feeling like u'll never get any better.

Because of that seeing Chika make the Tamagoyaki was pretty heart warming. Dat running to each other though at the end.....was pretty awkward, good thing little Yotaro breaks the ice so well though xD
Oct 4, 2015 12:45 AM

Aug 2015
This episode was better than last week.
This anime might end with a Code Geass cliffhanger style ending where they introduced new villains to show in 3/2 episodes to when the anime is almost ending and maybe Yuma, Ozuma and Chika wont become A rank in this season due to this.
Oct 4, 2015 2:57 AM

May 2015
So this is the end of the adaptation of the manga? Let's hope the fillers will be good, the new opening at the end of the episode was pretty cool (It doesn't feel like an ending at all).
Oct 4, 2015 3:55 AM

Jan 2014
Holyshit it ended without doing a cliffhanger (」゚ロ゚)」
It seems they'll be ending with Osamu getting stronger or something along those lines.
Oct 4, 2015 4:08 AM

Dec 2007
bigivelfhq said:
Salathiel said:

Aftocrator implants have to be done when the person is still a baby, is to late for Osamu.

With exprimental Trigger Osamu can't participate in the rank wars and so will not be considered to go to the Neighborhood.

Osamu problem is not only about control though, is power and fighting experience(both practical and theoretical)

i understand that...but this is where human technology and Kinuta comes in.....maybe they can do some modification....other think....i donno if i am mistaken but in the new OP/ED he has some link of new glove??? at the end where he makes those many cubes ...like a rain.....
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Oct 4, 2015 4:55 AM

Mar 2013
Okay episode.

Kitora's such an arrogant character but dunno why I found myself liking her more and more :D
And Mikumo should stop going after loli Chika and should settle with Kitora. That seems like an interesting pair tbh XD

I hope Mikumo gets significant power boost soon since its already time I think. Too tired of others saying how weak he is >_> As much as I want to like that happen, more it seems unlikely to me considering the realism shown in the anime, which is a good thing.

So... that was the last episode right?
Oct 4, 2015 6:41 AM

Nov 2013
FinalFlash18 said:
Nope. Last week was the last episode, this week is filler to tie into the new series coming up.
Oct 4, 2015 6:42 AM

Aug 2014
Well he DID get stronger if you compare him from the start. So it wasn't all that for waste.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 4, 2015 6:52 AM

Jun 2013
wait they are doing a PR video? and everyone is helping Mikumo getting stronger a new ED and how is this the last episode there are 2 left
Oct 4, 2015 6:57 AM

Dec 2007
Axelucard_ said:
wait they are doing a PR video? and everyone is helping Mikumo getting stronger a new ED and how is this the last episode there are 2 left

The thing is i cant see airing of another episodes next week...but i can see airing THIS.... http://myanimelist.net/anime/31316/World_Trigger:_Toubousha-hen tommorow/today.....the airing may be a mistake and it will be on 11. as it says on MAL...well...we will see...maybe its preair...
Oct 4, 2015 9:07 AM

Oct 2013
Axelucard_ said:

No, there aren't 2 episodes left. This was the last episode of the "normal" series! Next week is the start of World Trigger: Toubousha-hen

The new opening is the opening of the new series, and the new characters in the preview of next episode and opening are the "new character" of the new series.
Oct 4, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2007
Botato said:
FinalFlash18 said:
Nope. Last week was the last episode, this week is filler to tie into the new series coming up.

I think maybe for anime official, this is the final ep. of the season (though it goes anime original ending that it feels like not the final ep. for the original work readers), and Next week is the start of Toubousha-hen.
tsubasaloverOct 6, 2015 9:47 PM
Oct 4, 2015 2:18 PM
Aug 2012
Mikumo's struggle was really heart-breaking to see. Even if this is ao, it still portrayed it well. Bonus point for that Kitora scene.

The new op/ed was quite normal compared to the previous ones, both of those were way too good.

Oct 4, 2015 3:51 PM

Apr 2015
This was a good finale/epilogue for the series.

It was nice that they brought back Kitora, who we haven't seen much of in a while.
Oct 4, 2015 4:15 PM
Oct 2015
Osamu possible to get Fujin? fujin wa no man's land
Oct 4, 2015 9:59 PM
Jul 2018
That was an okay episode and it seems they’re immediately starting the new series next week. The little bits of actions in this episode were good although some of the faces looked weird and that running scene at the end feels kind of off… I don’t know why.
Oct 5, 2015 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
gaplex said:
Lol probably not.
For one thing it's now under HQ's control, they made a deal with Tamakoma/Jin so I don't think they'll hand it over that easily. We don't know if Osamu is compatible with it either.

But hey let's say he DOES get it. Congrats now he's S-Rank, he can't participate in rank wars and can't even be part of a squad. Also it's unwise to send one of their only 2 BTs on an away mission.

Tl;dr that won't happen, even if it does, it doesn't help Osamu.
Oct 5, 2015 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
Osamu being so straight forward and determined to get stronger aw, really loved the scenes with Kitora. But wasn't like everyone who thought him an attacker, feel like he needs to fight other shooters as well.
Oct 5, 2015 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
tsubasalover said:
Botato said:

I think maybe for anime official, this is the final ep. of the season (though it goes anime original ending that it feels like not the final ep. for the original work readers), and Next week is the start of Toubousha-hen.

I see. Thanks.

Botato said:
gaplex said:
Lol probably not.
For one thing it's now under HQ's control, they made a deal with Tamakoma/Jin so I don't think they'll hand it over that easily. We don't know if Osamu is compatible with it either.

But hey let's say he DOES get it. Congrats now he's S-Rank, he can't participate in rank wars and can't even be part of a squad. Also it's unwise to send one of their only 2 BTs on an away mission.

Tl;dr that won't happen, even if it does, it doesn't help Osamu.

Is it mentioned anywhere that S-Rank doesn't get to go on away missions? Rank war, sure but away missions, I don't recall...
Oct 5, 2015 10:20 AM

Nov 2013
FinalFlash18 said:
is it mentioned anywhere that S-Rank doesn't get to go on away missions? Rank war, sure but away missions, I don't recall...
It's not mentioned directly but Border only has two BTs; they can't let one go on an away mission in case something happens and they need its power to defend. Amou for example single handedly defended 2/5 areas that were being attacked during the large scale invasion. Imagine if he went on an away mission and a surprise invasion hit; Border will be screwed.

That aside, Mikumo becoming S-Rank means he can't be in a squad. They send squads to away missions. And also, Kuga and Chika will still be B-Rank. Even if Kuga decides to go S-Rank as well, Chika will remain B-Rank and can't go with them.

It's true that Mikumo's trion problem would be solved if he obtains a BT, but that won't help him achieve his goal (to become A-Rank and go on an away mission with both Kuga and Chika).

There are many different ways Mikumo can get stronger besides solving his trion problem (it will still hold him back compared to other A-Rank agents but it's not the be all end all). He's doing a decent job so far increasing his basic skills, so right now he needs to take it up a notch; by that I mean using new Triggers. Did you notice that he's only been using Raygust, Shield and Asteroid?
That's two main Triggers and two Optional Triggers (with Thruster). He has room for four more (two main and two optional). He can start using new stuff like Hound, Viper, Meteor, etc.

Edit: Besides there are other things he could do as a leader to improve his team's chances of getting to A-Rank. I don't want to spoil but the manga is hyping it up currently.
BotatoOct 5, 2015 10:27 AM
Oct 6, 2015 2:22 PM

Nov 2013
Rupdedudludu said:
So as for next episode the filler arc is going to start or ??
It already did with this episode. We don't know how long it will be though.
Oct 6, 2015 4:52 PM

Oct 2013
Botato said:
Rupdedudludu said:

No, the filler arc stars next episode. This episode being a filler doesn't mean it makes part of the filler arc.
Oct 6, 2015 9:51 PM

Nov 2007
Botato said:
Rupdedudludu said:

Even though it was originally announced that the new "season/arc" would start on October 4, 2015., the start date changed to October 11, 2015 because of the delay on one recent ep..
tsubasaloverOct 6, 2015 9:59 PM
Oct 7, 2015 8:37 AM

Nov 2013
But.. But... The new OP/ED/whatever... :|

Meh, not like it matters anyway.
Oct 9, 2015 4:20 PM

Mar 2014
FinalFlash18 said:
Okay episode.

Kitora's such an arrogant character but dunno why I found myself liking her more and more :D
And Mikumo should stop going after loli Chika and should settle with Kitora. That seems like an interesting pair tbh XD

I hope Mikumo gets significant power boost soon since its already time I think. Too tired of others saying how weak he is >_> As much as I want to like that happen, more it seems unlikely to me considering the realism shown in the anime, which is a good thing.

Chika and Osamu is more of a brother and sister relationship to my point of view. Also the author has given hints that lead me to believe he wants Osamu and Kitora to get together.
Oct 10, 2015 12:15 AM
Jan 2014
It seems Toei is shipping Osamu x Kitora and Yuma x Chika.

Salathiel said:

But the unique point of World Trigger is how Osamu is so weak and there's no sudden power up for him (except once when he used Chika's trion). If he got sudden power up then it wouldn't feel like World Trigger anymore.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

133 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 3:36 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 72 Discussion

Botato - Mar 26, 2016

37 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 3:02 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 71 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

23 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 2:12 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 70 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2016

45 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 1:29 PM

Poll: » World Trigger Episode 69 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

46 by LilyVarbik »»
Sep 15, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.