Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2015 10:17 PM
Mar 2011
i remember the outrage over the animator wages in a topic a few weeks ago but then again the studios that pay there workers slave wage [ around half or less of a living wage] that the praise by the same people who were outraged by that topic

while the studios that pay well [living wage or better] get bashed by the same people who who showed outrage in that topic about pay

moral double standards like that sicken a man of the workers like me

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2015 10:20 PM

Feb 2015
You're as eloquent as ever, I see. The way you insist on marrying dependent clauses brings to mind the incoherent ramblings of a drunken schizophrenic.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
May 27, 2015 10:21 PM
Mar 2011
icirate said:
You're as eloquent as ever, I see. The way you insist on marrying dependent clauses brings to mind the incoherent ramblings of a drunken schizophrenic.

on topic plz
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

May 27, 2015 10:27 PM

Oct 2011
Is this in relation to that Toei thread?
May 27, 2015 10:28 PM

Mar 2013
Is this about KyoAni?
May 27, 2015 10:29 PM

Sep 2013
this is the official toei fanwank thread
May 27, 2015 10:30 PM

Jan 2009
people like me want both that animators to do better animation and have better wage
May 27, 2015 10:37 PM
Mar 2011
BlueKite said:

no it is in more relation to the the news topic about wages that was posted a few monts back [ side note i may not like kip ani for that mode of bisuues but i repesct that for the fatc thay pay living wage] to all tthere staff one of the 3 stuudios that do Bandai/Sunrise Kyo ani and toei but i know for a fact

studios like ufortable pay slave wage and there is nothing the union can do about it cause they hire non unionized workers

May 27, 2015 10:40 PM

Jan 2015
FGAU1912 said:
BlueKite said:

no it is in more relation to the the news topic about wages that was posted a few monts back [ side note i may not like kip ani for that mode of bisuues but i repesct that for the fatc thay pay living wage] to all tthere staff one of the 3 stuudios that do Bandai/Sunrise Kyo ani and toei but i know for a fact

studios like ufortable pay slave wage and there is nothing the union can do about it cause they hire non unionized workers
same with Artland, MAPPA and Brain's Base?
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
May 27, 2015 10:43 PM

Oct 2011
FGAU1912 said:
BlueKite said:

I think I heard somewhere that Osamu Tezuka said that animation is cheaper to make than live-action (when in reality it's not) so he will not have competition.
May 27, 2015 10:48 PM
Mar 2011
BlueKite said:
FGAU1912 said:

I think I heard somewhere that Osamu Tezuka said that animation is cheaper to make than live-action (when in reality it's not) so he will not have competition.

in Japan any way is 3.5 times or more for animation than live action [ at lest in production cost front end but live action had more agaets to del with and pay off [ well after the mid 70's when the idea of the aidou was born

j0x said:
people like me want both that animators to do better animation and have better wage

that can never happen cuase studio most prsied on here 90% of the time or more hire non unionized workers so thye can pay the less than 50% of what any person in Japan would call a living wage hell

gonzo when at its hight was paying less than most fast food jobs [ i know for one toei has o hire unionzied workers cause how there process works they high animators via the perant[ toei douga in Japan anyway] not the animation studio

and bandai has been in issues with unions in the past so every aera of bandai has 60% or more unionized workers from toy aera to games to animation
TyrelMay 28, 2015 7:10 AM

May 27, 2015 10:51 PM

Oct 2011
FGAU1912 said:

in Japan any way is 3.5 times or more for animation than live action [ at lest in production cost front end but live action had more agaets to del with and pay off [ well after the mid 70's when the idea of the aidou was born

Was there any instances where animators protested because of the slave wages?
May 27, 2015 10:55 PM
Mar 2011
BlueKite said:
FGAU1912 said:

Was there any instances where animators protested because of the slave wages?

non unionized workers cannot do anything

offmodel said:
I want to know one thing. I get that Japan didn't go for The Big O season 2, but you didn't even like season 1! Maybe if people had watched the good Sunrise shows like The Big O and Gasaraki, so many workers wouldn't have to fight for scrap wages on these lesser shows at cheap studios.

sunrise have to hire unionzined works cause who owns them over 60% of there workers are unionized it thy get payed well
TyrelMay 28, 2015 7:10 AM

May 27, 2015 10:57 PM

Oct 2008
Had to read it like 5 times, and im still not sure what are you trying to say.
So if i get it right, you are pointing at people who rage about slave wages, yet praise their work, and they bash the ones who pay their workers well?

I don't know how's that double standard.
A studio is praised or bashed because of the quality of their work.
I might dislike that they don't pay their workers well, but that isn't a reason to unapreciate the outcome.
And just because they pay their workforce well, does not mean i have to rate 10 everything they put on the table.

Edit.
Use the damn edit button. It's there for a reason...
May 27, 2015 11:02 PM
Mar 2011
Vargr said:
Had to read it like 5 times, and im still not sure what are you trying to say.
So if i get it right, you are pointing at people who rage about slave wages, yet praise their work, and they bash the ones who pay their workers well?

I don't know how's that double standard.
A studio is praised or bashed because of the quality of their work.
I might dislike that they don't pay their workers well, but that isn't a reason to unapreciate the outcome.
And just because they pay their workforce well, does not mean i have to rate 10 everything they put on the table.

Edit.
Use the damn edit button. It's there for a reason...

no but just dont bidily praise people who pay there there workers slave wages

its like saying North korea is a good nation

May 27, 2015 11:08 PM

Oct 2008
Wait, so you mean to tell me, i should dislike every anime that comes from a studio that pays slave wages?

Or is this the part where im supposed to smile and cry at the same time?
May 27, 2015 11:12 PM

Dec 2012
How a studio treats its employees has nothing to do with the quality of an anime series. Ideally yes, I would like every studio to treat their staff well. But that has no relevance to a plot's direction, pacing, quality consistency, or visual appeal.

This reminds me of the Kokoro Connect scandal. Sure, that was a dick move and there should be consequences. But to want to blacklisted seiyuu with talent or to refuse to watch a show that they're involved in even if it's phenomenal otherwise?

I don't know, maybe it's a norm in Japan to mix business with enjoyment. I'll stick to The Godfather and keep business and personal separate.
May 27, 2015 11:13 PM

Mar 2015
do they forced to do that job? do they dont have a chance to quit from that job? do they protest about it?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 27, 2015 11:24 PM
Mar 2011
Vargr said:
Wait, so you mean to tell me, i should dislike every anime that comes from a studio that pays slave wages?

would you like to have them sort wages yourself but i supose my left wing side show more in this subject and peoples right wing ideals will show more in this ideal

May 27, 2015 11:34 PM

Dec 2012
offmodel said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
How a studio treats its employees has nothing to do with the quality of an anime series. Ideally yes, I would like every studio to treat their staff well. But that has no relevance to a plot's direction, pacing, quality consistency, or visual appeal.

I dunno, I do think he has a bit of a point, kidding aside. Sunrise (who do treat their employees decently) were putting out some really great shows both in terms of the artistic merit and raw production quality in the late 90's that didn't do well in Japan (Cowboy Bebop, The Big O, Gasaraki) while the crappier shows turned a profit. At some point you have to realize it's a business, Gainax would've gone under if they'd tried to make a follow up to Honneamise. Bebop found a solid international audience, The Big O kind of did (but not really), Gasaraki didn't do anything...

*But if a studio that pays slaves wages makes a good show, I'm still gonna watch it.
Yeah I should have worded it better, it's true that the treatment of the staff can show in a work. What I meant is that from my perspective as a viewer and audience member, what happens behind the scenes has no bearing on my opinion of what I'm presented with. If it turns out that the team behind Diabolik Lovers was paid well and worshiped by the studio, that's great. Good for them. Doesn't stop me from hating it for all that it's worth. On the other hand you could tell me that people literally died creating Trust and Betrayal. My deepest condolences to them, my favorite list is not budging regardless.
May 27, 2015 11:37 PM

Jul 2013
FGAU1912 said:
BlueKite said:

How can ufotable pay "slave" wages when their works look so beautiful?
May 27, 2015 11:39 PM

Dec 2012
Most people don't know Toei pays well, though.

And they bash Toei for their animation quality, nor their wage.
May 27, 2015 11:50 PM

Oct 2008
FGAU1912 said:
Vargr said:

would you like to have them sort wages yourself but i supose my left wing side show more in this subject and peoples right wing ideals will show more in this ideal

I just fail to understand you, your point, and this thread generally.
Im living in Hungary, i can assure you, our wages are way belove of anyone in Japan.
And yes, i can be angry at them because they pay slave wages, yet apreciate the work they do.
Because when i apreciate an anime, i apreciate the job that has been done, not the (possibly) fat dude that makes the decisions.

Also, following your logic.
Why don't you throw out your computer, phone, tv etc on the window?
Because you can be sure, it's parts were manufactured and assembled by people who work for actual slave wages.
VargrMay 27, 2015 11:56 PM
May 28, 2015 1:35 AM

Apr 2015
OP wants to get us banned by criticizing MAL.
#CHEXIT
May 28, 2015 2:07 AM

Feb 2013
That's not even how double-standards work.

Those studios get hate/love cuz people do'nt judge them based on how well they pay their worker, they judge them on how well they do their

People do'nt hate your precious TOEI cuz of their payroll, they hate them cuz of their Shitty working standards, the reverse is true for the "laet nihgt anime" studios you semm to have a Hate-boner for

Not to mention, most people do'nt even know about these stuff (and to be blunt, do'nt really care)
May 28, 2015 2:18 AM

Jul 2013
King_of_Devils said:

Those studios get hate/love cuz people do'nt judge them based on how well they pay their worker, they judge them on how well they do their

People do'nt hate your precious TOEI cuz of their payroll, they hate them cuz of their Shitty working standards, the reverse is true for the "laet nihgt anime" studios you semm to have a Hate-boner for

Not to mention, most people do'nt even know about these stuff (and to be blunt, do'nt really care)

I think he's running for politics. He knows so much about these shit and wants us to be aware of this.
May 28, 2015 2:20 AM

Dec 2012
Tenshi_Shura said:
King_of_Devils said:

I think he's running for politics. He knows so much about these shit and wants us to be aware of this.
Still a better presidential candidate than Hillary Clinton.
May 28, 2015 2:41 AM
Mar 2011
Vargr said:
FGAU1912 said:

Im living in Hungary, i can assure you, our wages are way belove of anyone in Japan.
And yes, i can be angry at them because they pay slave wages, yet apreciate the work they do.
Because when i apreciate an anime, i apreciate the job that has been done, not the (possibly) fat dude that makes the decisions.

Because you can be sure, it's parts were manufactured and assembled by people who work for actual slave wages.

no i doubt that if yiu take cost of linive to acount eg tokyo weekly cost of live for most is around 800-1000 usd per week most anime studos that get parise on mal pay under 300 600 usd weekly AND ANI MATORS cannot take second jobs cause most animators are contractors and not independent they tied to the stuio thay work with for say a contract of 5 shows[ for exmaple]

King_of_Devils said:

kyo an pay they satff well i prase them for that and that alone but thats cuse they based in kyoto were the cost of living onl the 5th higest in Japan weekly cost of living is aroun 350 usd per week thay have to pay that or unions would rip them apart [ Japanese unions are powerfull] beside france and tmyabe a few other euro nation Japanese union are the best run in the world

its a reiggonal thing

studio like madouse had to go to court fro not paying uionized workers correct pay in 2003 its was that cost that made thye sell up to index fully now ther own by sammy like sega are

i odnt hate llate night studio i hate there shitty treatmeny fo thre staff as well as thar count produtive buiss model over all alot of them are major studios to afed to fight other big dogs hence why anime has stagnated Kyo ani have the monye to affoed prime time and dont go for it they hve big enough fan base to at get 3-5.00 ratings prime time bust cchose not to

May 28, 2015 2:52 AM

Feb 2013
how well are the sazae san animators paid?
May 28, 2015 2:55 AM
Mar 2011
romagia said:
how well are the sazae san animators paid?

payment is fully subsized by the network not the studio paymemt

May 28, 2015 3:02 AM

Jul 2013
FGAU1912 said:
Vargr said:

no i doubt that if yiu take cost of linive to acount eg tokyo weekly cost of live for most is around 800-1000 usd per week most anime studos that get parise on mal pay under 300 600 usd weekly AND ANI MATORS cannot take second jobs cause most animators are contractors and not independent they tied to the stuio thay work with for say a contract of 5 shows[ for exmaple]

King_of_Devils said:

kyo an pay they satff well i prase them for that and that alone but thats cuse they based in kyoto were the cost of living onl the 5th higest in Japan weekly cost of living is aroun 350 usd per week thay have to pay that or unions would rip them apart [ Japanese unions are powerfull] beside france and tmyabe a few other euro nation Japanese union are the best run in the world

its a reiggonal thing

studio like madouse had to go to court fro not paying uionized workers correct pay in 2003 its was that cost that made thye sell up to index fully now ther own by sammy like sega are

i odnt hate llate night studio i hate there shitty treatmeny fo thre staff as well as thar count produtive buiss model over all alot of them are major studios to afed to fight other big dogs hence why anime has stagnated Kyo ani have the monye to affoed prime time and dont go for it they hve big enough fan base to at get 3-5.00 ratings prime time bust cchose not to

I don't mean to be rude but you almost have correct spellings if not for those jumbled and extra letters. Is there something wrong with your keyboard? Or do you type at lightning speed?
May 28, 2015 4:33 AM
Mar 2011
Lancehot said:
I'm sure the TPP will solve the problem.

fuck the TPP i despise it to my very core

May 28, 2015 8:46 AM

Oct 2008
FGAU1912 said:

The average Hungarian worker gets 300 dollars a month.
Renting a small apartment + bills is around that much, if you rent just a room, you might get to eat too.

But what do you think of what i said about your logic?
What's up with the electronic devices around you? There are people in the world living from way less.
And the main question.
Are we supposed to hate a show because their workforce is underpaid?
May 28, 2015 9:02 AM

Oct 2010
Who the hell removed my post that was on point?

I'll kindly remember you, anonymous mod :P, that the point in the OP is MAL's double standards and my original post addresses this through a movie example. Maybe I should have used an anime instead to make clear that I'm referring to the exact same thing.

Anyway, I'll bring it again. FGAU, you are comparing apples to oranges. We are consumers, we only care for the result and our judgement is about the result, not the process or working methods of the specific studios.
May 28, 2015 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
jal90 said:
We are consumers, we only care for the result and our judgement is about the result, not the process or working methods of the specific studios.

Amen to that!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 28, 2015 10:06 AM
Mar 2011
Lancehot said:
I dunno. Sometimes, when I hear of the plight of the Bangladeshi garment factory worker, I look at my clothes, take pause & think "they may be horribly exploited, but they sure do good stitch work"

have no i idea say to that

RedRoseFring said:
jal90 said:
We are consumers, we only care for the result and our judgement is about the result, not the process or working methods of the specific studios.

Amen to that!

there are only three studos ie one not tied to a net work that pay proper wages at all
TyrelMay 28, 2015 1:00 PM

May 28, 2015 10:10 AM
Mar 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
Lancehot said:
I dunno. Sometimes, when I hear of the plight of the Bangladeshi garment factory worker, I look at my clothes, take pause & think "they may be horribly exploited, but they sure do good stitch work"
lmao

zerg gona mock me now

May 28, 2015 10:16 AM
Mar 2011
Zergneedsfood said:
how was I mocking? I just thought lancehot's post was funny

no it was a qestion i mnet to say are yu hera ot mock me now? sorry fr the typo

alot of people have mocked me

May 28, 2015 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
You should make more babies FGAU1912. That's the problem of your country's industry. That and Abenomics.
It's not MAL whose users make annually 0$ input into it.
May 28, 2015 10:28 AM

Jul 2014
Zergneedsfood said:
No...I'm not mocking you. o.O

Stop being a bully Zerg.
"Hi!"
May 28, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2008
So, there are studios that pay slave wages and studios that don't.
I have no idea which is which though, so I cannot comment.
May 28, 2015 11:00 AM

Nov 2008
I just want animators and artists to have a livable wage, the wages many studios are paying constitute human rights violations.

May 28, 2015 11:37 AM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
I just want animators and artists to have a livable wage, the wages many studios are paying constitute human rights violations.

thank you
DmonHiro said:

oly toei kyo ani and bandai/sunrise pay living wage madhouse peirott pay minmum wage[ not living wage] all the rest pay iunder minimum wage

May 28, 2015 1:34 PM

Mar 2013
FGAU1912 said:
Hoppy said:

thank you
DmonHiro said:

oly toei kyo ani and bandai/sunrise pay living wage madhouse peirott pay minmum wage[ not living wage] all the rest pay iunder minimum wage

But how much work do those studios outsource to in-betweeners in other asian countries that don't pay a good wage?

But regardless, people here have no way of knowing which studios pay a respectable wage. You cannot and should not expect people to simply take your word for it and believe everything you say.
May 28, 2015 1:45 PM

Apr 2014
most ppl don't know how the industry even works its usually mostly speculation and bits of pieces that we do get...
May 28, 2015 2:03 PM
Mar 2011
fst said:
FGAU1912 said:

thank you

But how much work do those studios outsource to in-betweeners in other asian countries that don't pay a good wage?

But regardless, people here have no way of knowing which studios pay a respectable wage. You cannot and should not expect people to simply take your word for it and believe everything you say.

you can belive what you wish but in know what i know from talking to people high up in the unions [ ie epople in tme unions are paied living wages my law or the unions in question will take the studio to court and the three suutui i lised are the ones ith lage amonus of unionized staff 60% or more

while smaller studio who are not kyo ani never go close unionzed workers cuase i hate the idea od paying liveing wage to the people

May 28, 2015 9:51 PM

Oct 2008
Still waiting for your answers~
May 28, 2015 9:54 PM
Mar 2011
Vargr said:
Still waiting for your answers~

what answer ?

May 29, 2015 11:50 AM

Mar 2012
KyoAni pays well, does good adaptations, hires more female staff than most animation studios and most importantly makes really good looking animation.

So why do you bash on them? Kind of hypocritical if you ask me.
May 29, 2015 11:53 AM

Sep 2012
Mal''s double apostrophe
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why are The Mysterious Play, Colour Cloud Palace and Raven of the Inner Palace not as popular as The Apothecary Diaries ?

KingSunWukong - Mar 25

18 by Alpha-Nine »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - Today

18 by DX_impulse »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you marry your favorite character if your government allowed this?

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

13 by KittenCuddler »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 5 hours ago

19 by OmegaMilo »»
47 minutes ago

» Has there been an anime fanbase that hyped up their anime so much that you were turned off from watching it?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 26

26 by Merve2Love »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.