Forum Settings
Forums

Japanese twitter users fight back against ISIS by making a mock meme of them.

New
Jan 21, 2015 9:03 PM

Sep 2011
If you hadn't heard the horrible news by now, 2 japanese men are being held hostage by isis members and are asking for a whopping 200 million bucks from the japanese government for their freedom, the reality of this situation is those men are as good as dead, however in light of this even, whether it be seen as good or bad taste, japan's twitter is blowing up with memes of the isis members, and its actually succeeding at bothering them.

http://www.bimzz.com/news/japanese-twitter-users-stand-up-to-isis-with-a-photoshop-meme/

Yeah this can definitely be seen as horrible taste, but the fact of the matter is those 2 men are more than likely going to die no matter what happens and what this meme ends up doing is pretty much outright telling isis they are nothing. Its a clear cut message to them that they arent threatening and people arent scarred to the point of mockery, yes of course this is going to lead to isis members thinking they need to step up their game to terrify people more but they were gonna do that shit anyway so whats the hurt in pissing them off until then.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2015 9:05 PM

Apr 2014
Just search for ISIS's twitter account,
that place is a mess. You will have a good laugh, maybe.
Jan 21, 2015 9:08 PM
Feb 2014
Uhhh how strict is Japan in regards to air immigration and how strong is their Air Force? :s

Hoppy, FGAU, anyone living in Japan?
Jan 21, 2015 9:08 PM

Jan 2009
thats japan for you, they are like 4chan making fun of anything
Jan 21, 2015 9:13 PM

Nov 2008
Japan's air force can't stand up to ISIS alone without US or EU support.

Jan 21, 2015 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
good

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Jan 21, 2015 9:16 PM

Nov 2008
NicoHolmes said:
Hoppy said:
Japan's air force can't stand up to ISIS alone without US or EU support.

Jeez.

You think a retaliation is imminent? ._.

ISIS does not give a damn about Japan, they just want money, the hostages will be killed and they'll be back to their sinister business.

I doubt Japan will retaliate in any military fashion, I mean since when has that happened?
HoppyJan 21, 2015 9:20 PM

Jan 21, 2015 9:19 PM
Feb 2014
Hoppy said:
NicoHolmes said:

Jeez.

ISIS does not give a damn about Japan, they just want money, the hostages will be killed and they'll be back to their sinister business.

Good lord...

I was nervous for a second. I unfortunately do take ISIS seriously deep down and think they're more dangerous than the media portrays them. They're like the anti-North Korea to me because all I know is, that Kim Jong-un is a tasteless clown who is all talk. ISIS ain't that. But at least the memes were funny at least. Got plenty of good laughs.
Jan 21, 2015 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
Hoppy said:
NicoHolmes said:

Jeez.

well they want to take over japan, but thats cause they want to overtake the whole world, they are already doomed as it is and its only a matter of time until they are completely wiped out, the only question is how many more victims will there be until that finally happens.

NicoHolmes said:
Hoppy said:

Good lord...

I was nervous for a second. I unfortunately do take ISIS seriously deep down and think they're more dangerous than the media portrays them. But at least the memes were funny at least. Got plenty of good laughs.
they are dangerous no doubt, but they also shot themselves in the foot early on and have been limping to their finish line thats countries length away

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 21, 2015 9:21 PM
Feb 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Hoppy said:

well they want to take over japan, but thats cause they want to overtake the whole world, they are already doomed as it is and its only a matter of time until they are completely wiped out, the only question is how many more victims will there be until that finally happens.

NicoHolmes said:

Good lord...

I was nervous for a second. I unfortunately do take ISIS seriously deep down and think they're more dangerous than the media portrays them. But at least the memes were funny at least. Got plenty of good laughs.
they are dangerous no doubt, but they also shot themselves in the foot early on and have been limping to their finish line thats countries length away

Clarify that?
Jan 21, 2015 9:22 PM

Nov 2008
JizzyHitler said:
Hoppy said:

They'll be last to be invaded if it even happens, ISIS wants Israel, the US, and Europe more than other countries.

Jan 21, 2015 9:22 PM

Aug 2014
RIP Japan.

ISIS coming after you and I don't think Murica Senpai will come to save your sorry ass.
Jan 21, 2015 9:23 PM

Nov 2013
Good, yes. Let's provoke the sick bastards.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jan 21, 2015 9:25 PM

Feb 2014
I wonder if they are gonna run anti-ISIS propaganda on Japanese TV and anime and shit?

Jan 21, 2015 9:26 PM

Nov 2008
BTW if anyone outside the West can defeat ISIS, it's China, they've already curb-stomped the few terrorists and traitors that attacked the country and they kill those they capture.

Jan 21, 2015 9:27 PM

Feb 2014
Hoppy said:
BTW if anyone outside the West can defeat ISIS, it's China, they've already curb-stomped the few terrorists and traitors that attacked the country and they kill those they capture.

What about Russia though? They seem powerful enough

Jan 21, 2015 9:28 PM

Dec 2012
Good. Show them that we wont take their shit
Jan 21, 2015 9:29 PM

Nov 2013
Is it just me

Or does anyone else think an anime where the main character was in ISIS would be awesome?
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jan 21, 2015 9:30 PM

Nov 2008
Anti_Meta said:
Hoppy said:

What about Russia though? They seem powerful enough

With Putin in charge, they wouldn't last long there either and Central Asia is going as far as shooting traitors at the border (if any of their citizens join, they can't come back except in a body bag).

Source
HoppyJan 21, 2015 9:33 PM

Jan 21, 2015 9:31 PM

Apr 2014
Harems said:
Is it just me

Or does anyone else think an anime where the main character was in ISIS would be awesome?

Wow. dude. slow down right there.
Jan 21, 2015 9:33 PM

Nov 2013
hivekiller said:
Harems said:
Is it just me

Wow. dude. slow down right there.

Sorry, I've already started the story.
Jan 21, 2015 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
I know this is an anime site that likes to celebrate a lot of Japanese culture and whatnot...but damn....3 threads about this?

These two poor man are most likely going to die....and ISIS is only shooting itself with this bullshit.

I truly believe that this is going to get to a boiling point where the world will literally go guns blazing into Iraq and Syria and just kill them all....
Jan 21, 2015 9:39 PM

Nov 2008
JustALEX said:
I know this is an anime site that likes to celebrate a lot of Japanese culture and whatnot...but damn....3 threads about this?

These two poor man are most likely going to die....and ISIS is only shooting itself with this bullshit.

I truly believe that this is going to get to a boiling point where the world will literally go guns blazing into Iraq and Syria and just kill them all....

Basically WWIII with extra curbstomping, maybe the US can get China and Russia to come on over and kick ass.

Jan 21, 2015 9:39 PM
Feb 2014
JustALEX said:
3 threads about this?

more like 3 threads on this with tasteless responses tbh
Jan 21, 2015 9:41 PM

Jun 2008
Hoppy said:
Basically WWIII with extra curbstomping, maybe the US can get China and Russia to come on over and kick ass.

Nah, I don't think it's WWIII....mostly because ISIS doesn't have any real allies.

And now they're even pissing off the head honcho in the Muslim world (Saudi Arabia).

The more they keep killing first world nationals, the less patience that people are willing to take.
Jan 21, 2015 9:45 PM

Jan 2013
JustALEX said:
ikr
The first thread has the most replies out of all the ISIS threads made so far
The victims aren't even dead yet.

If the victims were just euros like before nobody would have gave a shit on this site
Jan 21, 2015 9:53 PM

Apr 2014
I actually lol'ed at some of those in the link.
Marshstomp is love, Marshstomp is life.
Jan 21, 2015 9:53 PM

Jan 2014
No! Not Kakarot and Luffy! Those monsters!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 22, 2015 12:36 AM

Aug 2013
Well if they can't save those people (which they can't) you be damned sure they're gonna avenge them....

With meme.
Jan 22, 2015 3:23 AM

Aug 2014
Harems said:
Is it just me

Woah dude, you gotta slow down there. That's really edgy.
Jan 22, 2015 3:27 AM

Aug 2014
F0XFIRE said:
RIP Japan.

ISIS coming after you and I don't think Murica Senpai will come to save your sorry ass.
As long as we have Kiryu, we're fine. I guarantee it.

Jan 22, 2015 3:34 AM

Oct 2014
F0XFIRE said:
RIP Japan.

I don't think Japan really needs us to be honest. I see Japan as more of a sleeping dragon. I mean shit, when we won World War 2 it forbade the Japanese of having a military beyond self-defense. That speaks volumes of just how much of a threat people see you if they're wanting you to have no standing military. I think if given a chance, the Japanese would be a potent military force. Just look through their military history and they've done some impressive things.
"Dakimakura aren't meant for fucking." -Moog, January 2015

When a site's moderators warn you for condemning a troll, you know their moderators need to be changed out.

Aug 2014
If we can't fight them in real them in the real world we will fight them in the cyber world.

Jan 2011
I'm sure the hostages appreciate the sentiment and the ISIS are shitting themselves.
Jan 22, 2015 3:54 AM

Aug 2013
Wayponpon said:
I mean shit, when we won World War 2 it forbade the Japanese of having a military beyond self-defense.

Thats actually pretty standard throughout history for the losers of war.
Jan 22, 2015 3:59 AM

Nov 2014
Hoppy said:

It won't be ww3. Not even close. Sure isis is formidable but if there is a full on war isis can be easily taken out. They will become a legit threat only if they somehow come to possess nuclear weapons imo. Besides right now it is isis vs the rest of the world. Even other arab countries are against isis.
Jan 22, 2015 4:00 AM

Aug 2014
JonyJC said:
I'm sure the hostages appreciate the sentiment and the ISIS are shitting themselves.
FEAR THE MAYMAYS
Jan 22, 2015 4:03 AM

Oct 2014
Spooks_McBones said:
Wayponpon said:
I mean shit, when we won World War 2 it forbade the Japanese of having a military beyond self-defense.

Thats actually pretty standard throughout history for the losers of war.
I suppose that's true, preventing insurrections and the like, but the SDF has a very grey area where expanding their funding and role tends to be controversial.

When a site's moderators warn you for condemning a troll, you know their moderators need to be changed out.
Jan 22, 2015 4:22 AM
Jun 2014
That's amazing.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jan 22, 2015 4:23 AM

Aug 2014
Lash_ said:
That's amazing.
I know right?
Jan 22, 2015 4:30 AM
Jun 2014
MechaKiryu said:
Lash_ said:
That's amazing.
I know right?

Japan need to drop some Mechs in
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jan 22, 2015 4:51 AM

Sep 2013
Wayponpon said:
I don't think Japan really needs us to be honest. I see Japan as more of a sleeping dragon. I mean shit, when we won World War 2 it forbade the Japanese of having a military beyond self-defense. That speaks volumes of just how much of a threat people see you if they're wanting you to have no standing military. I think if given a chance, the Japanese would be a potent military force. Just look through their military history and they've done some impressive things.
I think you grossly overestimate Japan's ability for warfare. The Empire of Japan was a nation that knew it would probably be defeated (6 months, and in 6 months Midway happened) in naval warfare anyways before engaging in war with the US of A, and had no way of defeating the United States's laughably greater resources and capability for production.

If any pacific country is going to destroy ISIS, it will be Australia. Seriously: The fact that Australia's standard issue rifle (Steyr AUG modified SPECIFICALLY for the Australian Army) is leagues better than the US's M4 already makes up for 'Stralia's lack of size.
Jan 22, 2015 5:06 AM

Aug 2014
Lash_ said:
MechaKiryu said:
I know right?

Japan need to drop some Mechs in
Yes, Kiryu, Mechagodzilla II, Gundam, Mazinger Z, Grandizer, Mecha-Gamora, Jean Bot, Jean Nine, King Joe n' shit.
Jan 22, 2015 5:22 AM

Oct 2014
FrostbyteDOT said:
Wayponpon said:
I think you grossly overestimate Japan's ability for warfare. The Empire of Japan was a nation that knew it would probably be defeated (6 months, and in 6 months Midway happened) in naval warfare anyways before engaging in war with the US of A, and had no way of defeating the United States's laughably greater resources and capability for production.

If any pacific country is going to destroy ISIS, it will be Australia. Seriously: The fact that Australia's standard issue rifle (Steyr AUG modified SPECIFICALLY for the Australian Army) is leagues better than the US's M4 already makes up for 'Stralia's lack of size.
I didn't say the Japanese were superior to us, just that they are a much more superior fighting force than many give them thought to. I'd be willing to wage they're much stronger on a homefront war and they did claim a fair portion of coastal land back in the day. I don't think the Japanese are supermen, just not as weak as many see them to be.

Jan 22, 2015 5:48 AM

Sep 2013
Wayponpon said:
I didn't say the Japanese were superior to us, just that they are a much more superior fighting force than many give them thought to. I'd be willing to wage they're much stronger on a homefront war and they did claim a fair portion of coastal land back in the day. I don't think the Japanese are supermen, just not as weak as many see them to be.
Eh... In that case, It's been like ~70 years, I don't think Japan has the same numbers of brave, fanatical men that it had back in the day (when the Emperor was still considered a god.) Or, in that matter, the population to sustain a war and maintain the motivation to fight (I can't guarantee this, but the fact that Japan was suffering from overpopulation by the time WW2 came about probably helped them a fair bit.)

Of course, if Japan were still sufficiently technologically superior in terms of innovation (like when they won the Japan-Russo war back before WW2) then I'd be inclined to agree with you. I just don't think they have the advantages they used to have in terms of actual fighting men anymore.
Jan 22, 2015 12:43 PM

Jan 2013
Historically high for Japan isn't saying much. Money amounts don't make a damn, purchasing power does. Its why Russia and China can operate so many troops for so little.
Jan 22, 2015 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
listbot said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Historically high for Japan isn't saying much. Money amounts don't make a damn, purchasing power does. Its why Russia and China can operate so many troops for so little.

They don't just spend to buy. They also have a record high number of fighter jet scrambling in recent years due to China and Russia's activities.
They plan re-building their fleet for sure. And Abe also has plan to export weapons (which met resistance from within and outside). They are at difficulties with costs but those are not some lousy spending.

The problem is that part of that spending is for the US F-35, that white elephant pays back well lol.
Jan 23, 2015 11:09 AM
Jan 2015
Good one Japan teach this evil ISIS a lesson.
Jan 23, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2014
I'm so glad the trend died out. It's no longer in the trending section on twitter.
Jan 23, 2015 11:19 AM

Aug 2014
Harems said:
Is it just me

wat
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.