Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2014 6:48 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
nishiKICK glorious as ever
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 16, 2014 6:50 AM

Jul 2013
is it out yet!?
Nov 16, 2014 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
MuggleBorn said:
is it out yet!?

Nope.
Nov 16, 2014 7:03 AM

Nov 2012
MuggleBorn said:
is it out yet!?
if you can read sky language, its out
Nov 16, 2014 7:05 AM

Jul 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
MuggleBorn said:
is it out yet!?
if you can read sky language, its out

better that than wondering if my f5 key is dysfunctional
Nov 16, 2014 7:31 AM
Nov 16, 2014 7:48 AM

Feb 2014

as i see, we won't learn the serpent's identity again. damn it ishida!! -.-

english translation pleaseee :((
ftsyzcNov 16, 2014 7:52 AM
EustassKiddo !
Nov 16, 2014 7:51 AM

Dec 2013
Holy fucking shit! Get REKT son
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 16, 2014 8:02 AM
Sep 2012
Well Sasaki = Kaneki officially confirmed. Im pretty happy that we didnt spend so much time hiding it since there are so many other things we need to get to.

Im wondering wether the last image is just some awesome artwork of if Sakaki's kagune has been altered.
Nov 16, 2014 8:07 AM

Feb 2014
"Who're you the king of fakes...?"

These chapters go by way to quickly >.<
Nov 16, 2014 8:08 AM

Dec 2012
Arghhhh great chapter~!!!
We even got some Kuki background info!
I wonder what is going on with Sasaki's kagune
Nov 16, 2014 8:11 AM

Apr 2014
ftsyzc said:

as i see, we won't learn the serpent's identity again. damn it ishida!! -.-

english translation pleaseee :((

He doesn't have to tell us because we already know who it is. (Nishiki)

By they do you guys think ishida did this on purpose?

- In the prequel, Kaneki is properly introduced to Nishiki in chapter 6

- In TG:re, Sasaki confronts Serpent in chapter 6.

Honestly the way the chapters parallel each other is pretty creepy.
Nov 16, 2014 8:14 AM

Sep 2012
Is out
http://imperialscans.com/read/tokyo-ghoul-re/6-a-bad-gamble-for-the-possessed/1

Sasaki is either Kaneki or has Kaneki's quinque inside him. Serpent looks like he's using the Strongest Kick style, so my bet is that he's
Nov 16, 2014 8:14 AM

Nov 2011
COURAGE!

Gotta say, this fight is going to be quite something to talk about.
Nov 16, 2014 8:15 AM

Jul 2013
Oh this def Nishki...half naked twig?!
Urie's quinque looks like yukimura too...awww yissss urie getting his butt kicked
my man shirazu coming to tooru's rescue...you're too precious.
maannn double page sasarious is the best thing ever but those kicks are def nishki's

oh shironeki how i've missed you...the scales and checkered floor again

this is so effed up though...him asking arima for strength, when arima is why he is the way he is

Z4k said:

By they do you guys think ishida did this on purpose?

damnn i didn't realise that but yeah ishida is a master of this stuff so its def not a coincidence.
Nov 16, 2014 8:16 AM

Apr 2014
SH4kun said:
Is out

Sasaki is either Kaneki or has Kaneki's quinque inside him. Serpent looks like he's using the Strongest Kick style, so my bet is that he's

Organs don't transfer a person's experience during their lifetime. You should probably forget that bold part.
Nov 16, 2014 8:20 AM

Dec 2013
SH4kun said:
Is out

Ok now i'm 100% sure Sasaki is Kaneki
PriestSlayerNov 16, 2014 8:49 AM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 16, 2014 8:41 AM

Apr 2014
This line kind of shows that Aogiri really succeeded with their experiments.

The art during the fight was really good. The fights are a lot less messier than before which is a good thing. Either Serpent is just too strong or the quinckes are pathetically weak because Shirazu's ukaku didn't even scratch him considering he had the advantage in the kagune type. Urie got rekt like I predicted and he's really obsessed with promotions. He should take it easy.

If Nishiki's kagune can change its shape to look something like a huge tail then I don't see how it would be impossible for Kaneki's Kagune to do the same in those 3 years. Not sure if I'm tired and seeing things but does this look like 11?
Nov 16, 2014 8:50 AM

Aug 2014
Aw maaan, this chapter was too good..
I must calmatoo to wait for next chapter, next week will gonna be a blast !
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful
Nov 16, 2014 8:53 AM
Nov 2014
This was a great chapter!! I really think Sasaki = Haise.

Awe man, we're gonna see Sasaki fight, probably Arima and Akria in action too. I'm so exciteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. Sasaki can finally return that book xD.

This also reinforces that previous dream earlier, Sasaki probably has a hard time controlling himself. The Q squad are little kiddies compared to him, yeesh!

I'm also wondering if maybe it's not just Haise fighting "Shironeki" but maybe his Kakuja aswell? That is speaking from the original series because Kaneki sure got fucked over by his Kakuja ( eventhough he turned total badass).
Nov 16, 2014 8:56 AM

Oct 2014
So in chapter 6 of TG

A young a naive young man, unaware with his best friend entered the monster's den and officially met him

In chapter 7

the naive young man fought him and won, almost eating the best friend at the end

Chapter 6 TG:RE

A dove saw how this S ghoul defeated his subordinates, he fought him for the first time and realized he could not win.
So he used his other personality to be able to win

Chapter 7 TG:RE

He will end up fighting him like two ghouls, probably the serpent will guess for his way of fighting who he really is

So probably this was Ishida's goal by making two mangas, instead of continuing with the same manga, to make aware the readers that TG:RE is a parallel of TG.

It could even be that we will see Amon as a ghoul and Sasaki as a dove

I love the idea sensei.

@z4k a little bit up where you found the 11, you can see a twelve
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 16, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2014
meowmix101 said:
This was a great chapter!! I really think Sasaki = Haise.

Awe man, we're gonna see Sasaki fight, probably Arima and Akria in action too. I'm so exciteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. Sasaki can finally return that book xD.

This also reinforces that previous dream earlier, Sasaki probably has a hard time controlling himself. The Q squad are little kiddies compared to him, yeesh!

I'm also wondering if maybe it's not just Haise fighting "Shironeki" but maybe his Kakuja aswell? That is speaking from the original series because Kaneki sure got fucked over by his Kakuja ( eventhough he turned total badass).

yea i think the same thing too, maybe he will enter kakuja mode.
And maybe sasaneki told mutsuki to call akira is to stop him if maybe he's going to berserk
World is cruel place, and at the same time it's beautiful
Nov 16, 2014 9:00 AM

Jul 2013
Z4k said:
Not sure if I'm tired and seeing things but does this look like 11?

Can one panel have two cards? Cause up their is a clearer 12 (or just 2?)
Nov 16, 2014 9:03 AM

Apr 2014
MuggleBorn said:
Z4k said:

Honestly I don't even know anymore but that 11 tarot card fits the situation. I see a 12 or a 2 and an 11.
Nov 16, 2014 9:04 AM

Oct 2014
MuggleBorn said:
Z4k said:

When he "died" didn't we have the 13 and the 12 together?

Anyway it can't be just a 2, and just checked it, and number 2 doesnt make sense, while 11 means self-control

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 16, 2014 9:05 AM

Apr 2014
Wow page 16 was intense, cannot wait to see Sasaki go in.
Nov 16, 2014 9:16 AM
Dec 2013
Sasaki's Kagune looks very unstable to me.
Great chapter, been waiting for a real fighting scene.
[/url]
Nov 16, 2014 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
It's obvious that Serpent is Nishiki(Mask + that kick and his fighting style). Did you notice that epic finger crack on the last page?

I was skeptical at first, but this has the potential to become even more epic than the first part. Maybe TG will be trilogy, that would be amazing.
Nov 16, 2014 9:22 AM

Feb 2014
well, i'm convinced that serpent is nishiki. he is sooo like him ^^
sasaki is kaneki, we already knew that. but the basic issue is he does remember the past or not? i think he remembers something but not all of it.
shirazu, you got my interest, congratulations ! i think you have some more deeper things than you seem.
oh god, i missed nishiki so much; while i was reading manga, i was always smiling because the thought that nishiki came back and started to talk like a smart ass made me soo happy. "Who are you the king of fakes? " ^.^
and last thing, i always think that kaneki will be dove, amon will be ghoul. im pretty sure this will happen. and meeting of them. .. will be the best thing i've ever read kukuku. at least, if i were ishida, i will definitely write like this. if something like this happens, then this manga will have a meaning.
EustassKiddo !
Nov 16, 2014 9:23 AM

Oct 2013
Nishiki, how come you've become so BA as fuck? I thought you were just a horse-shit eating senpai. o_o
Loved the way Orochi kicked Urie's ass. Urie was being annoying from the time he was introduced. Let's hope some sense is knocked into him. :D
And BA Orochi sitting on those cars not giving a fuck or two. :D
Urie totally went mad there but it seems like his dad was killed while fighint OP- one eyed owl. And love that slash when Sasarious made his entry saving Urie's ass! BA! :D
And that double page! Kaneki!
Loved that look of Sasaki when Kaneki said "you're weak Haise".
Loved the way he clicked his fingers the same way as Jason/Kaneki. And also remembering Arima/Akira for courage. And that beautiful BA as fuck Kagune.

What a great chapter, Ishida is delivering again in the sequel now. Amazing stuff. :D
Nov 16, 2014 9:38 AM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:

Sasaki-Case confirmed when this manga ends.
Nov 16, 2014 9:42 AM

Nov 2012
Nuvi said:
Z4k said:

Sasaki-Case confirmed when this manga ends.
suitcase-kun <3
Nov 16, 2014 9:51 AM
Jul 2013
Hmm... Sasaki's kagune looks weird. Can brain damage somehow mess up a kagune?
Just an average weeb
Nov 16, 2014 9:51 AM

Mar 2012
A question for Ishida's assistants: Where the hell are the backgrounds?
Excluding the lack of backgrounds I think it was a good chapter.

*Sasaki appears* "Who are you? The king of the fakes?" AHAHAHAHAH I couldn't stop laughing when I read that XD
b1GZZNov 16, 2014 9:55 AM
Nov 16, 2014 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
b1GZZ said:

LOL you noticed this now? Ishida rarely draws backgrounds. At least he's trying now.
Nov 16, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2010
Epic! Serpent is way more BA than I thought. He's owning! Liking him a lot. But yeah, totally giving me Nishiki vibes more and more ^^ Awesome seeing Cookie getting wrecked though :D

Sasaki's double page was EPICNESS!!! And the last page was SO GOOOD >.<!! Dat cliffhanger!!! Loving this new Kagune :3 Looking cool there Sasaki. And friggin crazy there Ken XD

From how I'm seeing things...Sasaki is suppressing Ken like how the old Ken used to suppress Rize. I really wonder if he doesn't have his old memories anymore? He was thinking about Akira and Arima to give him courage. He really doesn't seem to remember anything from Ken's memories but at the same time he does seem to know what Ken is.
Barion-ZaraNov 16, 2014 10:00 AM
Nov 16, 2014 9:59 AM

Mar 2012
Z4k said:
b1GZZ said:

LOL you noticed this now? Ishida rarely draws backgrounds.

Usually the mangakas don't draw the backgrounds, it's their assistants job, not his.
Well, but yeah, I had already noticed that but in Tokyo Ghoul: re there are much less backgrounds than in the prequel.

And Kaneki appeared *psychological party*
Maybe Sasaki is just another personality of Kaneki. Damn, I my brain can't stop trying to understand this ._. It's just too mysterious, I want to know the truth! :s
b1GZZNov 16, 2014 10:03 AM
Nov 16, 2014 10:05 AM

Apr 2014
I don't know but I think he doesn't have any assistants and does everything himself.
Nov 16, 2014 10:10 AM
Jul 2013
Also (a bit off topic?) when do you guys think Saiko will get her ass out of bed? She seems like a fun character.
Just an average weeb
Nov 16, 2014 10:11 AM

Feb 2014
Z4k said:
I don't know but I think he doesn't have any assistants and does everything himself.

a mangaka who doesn't have any assistants? well, i think that cant be possible o.O but ishida is here, maybe it can be. but my bakuman memories try their best to tell me that this can't be 0_0
EustassKiddo !
Nov 16, 2014 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
Well, this chapter should shut up the "Haise has totally no relation to Kaneki" squad. Don't know if people who claimed that were blind or just kidding around...

Anyway, Serpent is pretty strong. Urie and Shizu are more like A-ranked, an S-class ghoul is too much. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Urie get pummeled. I couldn't help but laugh at how Torso is watching in awe from the sidelines.

I'm surprised at this myself, but i'm kinda disappointed that Haise seems to lack physical skills, at least without having to resort to his ghoul power. It'd have been much more intimidating if he held his own with only the quinque, like a true investigator, and bringing out Rize's kagune or "Centipede" only for especially dangerous opponents.

By the way, if this really is a parallel, then Nishiki should almost kill Haise next time.

4/5.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 16, 2014 10:27 AM

Oct 2011
It was awesome... Although I'm really scared about what CGC has done to Kaneki that he became Sasaki.

Really - I like Haise, but... Now it's more "Tokyo Dove" than "Tokyo Ghoul", I know that this manga isn't black-white one, but still, I like ghouls more than doves ;D
Nov 16, 2014 10:41 AM

May 2014
Can someone explain what is this tarot and Tokyo ghoul connection thing? Is author basing or using ideas of tarot cards for personalities or sth like that?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2014 10:45 AM

Apr 2014
Sparteh said:
Can someone explain what is this tarot and Tokyo ghoul connection thing? Is author basing or using ideas of tarot cards for personalities or sth like that?

There was a thread in the prequel's section where someone explained it. I'll try to find it if I can.
Nov 16, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
b1GZZ said:

LOL you noticed this now? Ishida rarely draws backgrounds. At least he's trying now.

I heard he only has one assistant

Nov 16, 2014 10:53 AM

Jun 2014
Now it's confirmed who Sasaki is , i knew from the start but now it's fucking confirmed
Nov 16, 2014 11:11 AM
Jan 2014
Hopefully that ought to teach Urie a lesson. Enjoyed that glimpse into his past too. Shirazu's fighting techniques do look amusing, when viewed from third-person. Not to mention their corresponding names. I liked the way Sasaki forced his way into the battle. Things are definitely starting to heat up. Really excited for the next chapter now.

Barion-Zara said:
Awesome seeing Cookie getting wrecked though :D

I see what you did there ;)

Mossface12 said:
Also (a bit off topic?) when do you guys think Saiko will get her ass out of bed? She seems like a fun character.

Probably when her clothes wouldn't fit her anymore from all that snacking.
Nov 16, 2014 11:16 AM
Oct 2012
great chapter, now is wait to see how the fight will be.
Nov 16, 2014 11:44 AM

Dec 2013
Acernos said:
great chapter, now is wait to see how the fight will be.

for now i'm more interrested in seing the shape of the kagune, since its shape has been related alot to Kaneki's psychological state. Just hope he don't start shooting lasers/electricity too like that weird Quinquie.
Nov 16, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2014
There are an error with the titles of chapters?

The title of chapter 6 wasn't "CCG in chaos"? Why the title is "A bad gamble for the possessed" and next chapter's title is another "CCG in chaos"? ° _°
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.