Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 22, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Even for a puppet, I think that thing looks a bit creepy. I also lol'd @ Chaika's own disguise.

Good to see Fredrica back this episode. The fight was kinda intense this episode as well. Anyways, they got problems now. I kinda like Akari's brutal honesty here. Red Chaika spotted again but I kinda figured she might get involved in this arc. Overall, good execution but that damn cliffhanger...sigh. Let the waiting game begin.
Oct 22, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2014
Not a bad episode.
Oct 22, 2014 10:58 AM
Jan 2010
That first part was fun. There was splashing, but no unneeded fanservice. Thank you Kami.
Pasta out of the nose. I would like to see that too.
That poor old man was so freaked out, I started to feel a little bad.

Tooru had a bit of a temper tantrum there when Chaika said she would find the island herself. LOL. Did he really think she would still be there waiting for him?

I liked that Akari sort of gave Tooru a lecture. Adds a whole lot more to her character and shows that she cares for Chaika too. Shows that she's not just "blindly" following her anisama.

FINALLY. Some action at the end.
Oct 22, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2012
renkinotaku said:

Tooru had a bit of a temper tantrum there when Chaika said she would find the island herself. LOL. Did he really think she would still be there waiting for him?

I did, I mean she had no luck finding a boat and they were only gone for a few minutes if they got back in time to still see her leaving with Fredrica. Speaking of whom how dumb does she have to be to just say "wanna see a mysterious island? oh okay!" She does say she's only with them for Tooru but then just says "oh what the hell" and it comes across as kinda lazy writing to me. I mean really. But I guess it was a necessary derp in judgement to move the story along and the cliffhanger looked interesting at least.

The fight with the former hero looked pretty well animated to me though that is probably the thing the show does best. For a big guy he still had some pretty good moves too.
Oct 22, 2014 11:54 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
> Sitting fully naked in a tub of boiling water, impersonating a cockatrice while eating pasta through your nose?
Akari made up some cool trick for Toru to do. I bet it certainly would've been entertaining. XD

Morgan is quite wimpy for a hero, but he does know how to swing his weapon well. Not that it worked anyways once Akari arrived at the scene.

Hartgen apparently killed Chaika in the past. Then what's with all the other Chaika(s), including our White Chaika? O.o
Wonder if Irina and Arina are part Chaika too..
I had a feeling Gillette was alive. Good to see it is confirmed, but why is he working for Hartgen? Memory loss perhaps?

Just when Chaika found the island, Frederica falls and the Acura siblings gets attacked by Kraken.
Nice cliffhanger but the PV for next episode kinda ruined it.

Good episode. Guy continues to be mysterious and it was kinda annoying how he dodged Toru's question. He probably has his own motive for informing the Chaika crews occasionally.

Oct 22, 2014 12:00 PM

Aug 2012
Nice, fast paced episode, good setup for the island with Red Chaika in the mix. And also setting up the last hero showdown with Hartgen, who's somehow got Shin and our "cavalier of lost honor" on his side. Should be good if Vivi catches up with Chaika when they get there.
Oct 22, 2014 12:01 PM
Jan 2014
The episode was fine, even if the writing was leisurely done. In spite of that, it's still sticking to its overall theme.

I'm glad that Akari proved some worth to her character. She was really starting to feel like a typical brocon, with added flavour. Though in this episode, this was surely not the case. Even her jokes were legitemately interesting. Don't know how she can say all that with a straight face.

Looks like Arina and Irina have a very strong father complex. I wonder how Shin ended up serving Stephen Hartgen. There sure are a lot of things still wrapped in shrouds. I hope they're going to be properly unfolded in the future. The identity of that "mysterious" lost cavalier is very tempting.

Looking forward to the next one. Tooru and Akari are in a very tough situation with that Kraken.
Oct 22, 2014 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
Another good episode,hyped for the next and I can't wait for the final convergence.
Oct 22, 2014 12:32 PM

Apr 2014
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Oddly enough, watching Frederica biting the head off a live fish is making me a bit hungry.

Not a bad episode, but I wish that the aerial battle between Frederica and those "dragoons" had lasted longer.

The mysterious lost cavalier looks like Gillette, but I don't want to jump to conclusions just yet.

Apparently Hartgen killed the real Chaika, so that means my curiosity for what's going to happen in the future has peaked.

It's always nice to see Akari get some more dialogue, since she's actually a pretty good character when she's not just obsessing over Toru.

All in all, good episode. Can't wait for next week.
Oct 22, 2014 12:42 PM

Sep 2012
Eating Pasta through your nose really IS amazing.
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 22, 2014 12:49 PM

Dec 2011
To the island!

Or try to anyway. It seems to have rather strong defences. On the island as well as in the waters around it. And the red chaika is there to make things still more complicated.

And beyond that... Hartgen awaits. In anticipation.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 22, 2014 1:06 PM

Jul 2010
Well then Gillette is alive and is now under Hartgen's service, Tooru and Akira's mentor also works for the big guy....were those white haired girls clinging to Hratgen's lap, Chaika's?
yeo
Oct 22, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
Two more Chaikas introduced, Arina and Irina.
Oh? Gilette is alive after all, and working under Hartgen.

Things have gotten really complicated.
Red Chaika is following them, and now a kraken is attacking their boat (and pretty much destroyed it)
Island's defences are pretty damn tough too.
Good episode.
Oct 22, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
Akari's way of wording those sentences. Got to see some of her desires too xD
Chaika greatly interesting in her father's fortune!
Gillette being alive and a person that knows Akari and Tooru! The twins wanting the body part and getting Hartgen to gather them!

Getting the remains off of Clay! A small dispute regarding their priority and Tooru left and Akari following. Akari telling Tooru that she would find his fortunes no matter what.

Can't believe Chaika got Fredrica to bring her to the island.
That was quite the unique threat xD Akari and Tooru following by ship with Red Chaika getting on. The kraken destroying the ship. Monsters that looked like dragoons took Fredrica down!

Also how Guy hinting that he may not be the same person at all was quite interesting. Just when I recently heard classmates discussing about how we aren't even ourselves anymore and about us being filled with nothing in referring to our cells :/
Oct 22, 2014 1:40 PM

Feb 2014
Nice, another cliffhanger...
Looks like Akari sure loves his brother.... more than necessary.
Oct 22, 2014 1:47 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sitting fully naked in a tub of boiling water, impersonating a cockatrice while eating pasta through your nose....I love Akari and her sordid imagination.

So when they meet this Hartgen guy they will have to face the Senpai who taught them how to fight and Gillette as well. Things are getting interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 22, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2012
Akaris's fantasies never stop to surprise me. She is hilarious..........
Gillette is alive, that is quite interesting......
Oct 22, 2014 2:02 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
-Resident- said:

I'm glad that Akari proved some worth to her character. She was really starting to feel like a typical brocon, with added flavour. Though in this episode, this was surely not the case. Even her jokes were legitemately interesting. Don't know how she can say all that with a straight face.

Akari is just too funny XD Can't believe she said that just because she actually wanted to see her anisama do it. It was great their argument in front of Clay made him think that they were a comedy troupe in the guise of street performers! They definitely make a hilarious trio. Anyways, not sure if the King was a good guy or not, but Clay spending all his time and money on getting performers just to forget about that incident is kinda of really sad.

Also, nooo Shin's going to have to fight his students sooner or later :( But that's the way of saboteur I guess.
Oct 22, 2014 2:45 PM
Mar 2013
Felt kinda sorry for Clay, he was so scared :/

Dang, that Kraken cliffhanger.
Oct 22, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2010
This might be my favorite episode of this season. It was mostly hilarious. Although Chaika is my favorite character, Akari made me laugh waaay too much this episode. So all is well.

Plus we get the ears, and there are only one of the remains left. Then we get an awesome kraken battle, and dragoon on dragoon action.

All the while still holding its cute moments.

What more can you ask for from this show? This episode is the perfect indicator of why I'm watching.
Oct 22, 2014 3:25 PM
Jul 2018
Lol @ the trick that Akari made up for what Toru can do.

Fredrica decides to bring White Chaika to the island.
Oct 22, 2014 3:34 PM

Mar 2012
Japanese people try to make everything look perverted, wtf.
Oct 22, 2014 4:11 PM

Mar 2013
You gotta be fucking kidding me... Why the hell Chaika took such a hasty decision? Damn and that cliffhanger.
Oct 22, 2014 5:06 PM
Nov 2013
Akari is full of imagination, lol.

This episode was very eventful. Chaika and Fredrica seperated from Toru and Akari, while Toru and Acura are stuck with Red Chaika's crew. GOD GIVE ME THE NEXT EPISODE NOW
Oct 22, 2014 6:09 PM

Sep 2014
bad transition to ED, ending of episode was like 10 seconds

looks like theres a more information to reveal with Shin, Hartgan and Gillette

3/5
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Oct 22, 2014 6:22 PM

Oct 2013
that cliffhanger woot red chaika is back ^-^
[/quote]
Oct 22, 2014 7:51 PM

May 2013
Things I saw in this episode:

-Clay Morgan
-Red Chaika
-More screentime for Frederica
-Toru and Chaika's LQ fight
-Akari being a comic relief character
-Twin/Black Chaika
-GILETTE IS THAT YOU?!

That cliffhanger at the end though.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 22, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2012
So it seems this week we get Chaika and Kiseijuu cliffhangers. *sigh* Wonder what else will do it this week.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Oct 22, 2014 8:39 PM

Dec 2013
So will we have Red Chaika plus some tentacle action next week?
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 22, 2014 8:53 PM
Oct 2010
Did anyone laugh when she was casting on top frederica? That terribly drawn face was just lmfao.
Oct 22, 2014 11:17 PM

Jun 2013
Holy shit it just keeps getting more epic!

First more dragoons then a freaking Kraken?? Wow awesome,

Chaika be cute tasting the sea water.

Fredrica eating raw fish is lol

I love how we get some slight almost revelations, then more freaking mysteries.

Fredrica got her wings clipped oh wow
Oct 23, 2014 12:25 AM
Jul 2018
Stop, revive, survive Chaika. Need to take care not to have a micro sleep when driving, what if you had drifted into oncoming traffic.
Oct 23, 2014 1:52 AM

Apr 2012
Pretty exciting episode. Things are beginning to pick up again. Love how the mystery continues to thicken while new revelations are released with every episode.

holyfox6894 said:
So it seems this week we get Chaika and Kiseijuu cliffhangers. *sigh* Wonder what else will do it this week.

lol ikr

Oct 23, 2014 2:10 AM

Dec 2011
So all three of them lost their ocean virginity at the same time eh...

Tooru got owned by Chaika and Akari with water XD.

Awww, Fredrica just bit off the head of that fish :3 soooo kawaii

They finally found and defeated Clay who almost pissing his pants... plus they also recovered the remains.

Hmmmm, I wonder if those two daughters of his were actually Chaika's since they do look like her.

Too bad they're going to have to fight Shin...

I knew that freaking Gillette was alive!

So Tooru got mad and interpreted what Chaika said as getting fired eh...

LOL, poor Clay XD.

Shit got serious, more dragoons have appeared and we had a kraken cliffhanger!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 23, 2014 2:10 AM

Aug 2012
Omg! They killed Fredrica (again)! You bastards!

Compare to the original works, the anime staff seem to build more relationship between Tooru and Chaika, instead of Tooru and Fredrica.

This episode has some really hilarious and cute moments, quite entertaining.
Oct 23, 2014 3:19 AM

Jul 2013
Akari stole this week's episode with her dead-pan brocon jokes XD

Man, things are heating up fast. I thought things were gonna be rushed at the end just like every LN adaption but I don't mind them being really fast early on so the climax can be as detailed as possible.
Oct 23, 2014 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was really good. I'm really hyped for next's weak episode and to know a little bit more about what happened.
Frederica's wings were sliced off? That must have hurt. :/
I love Akari and her jokes too.
Oct 23, 2014 4:58 AM

Oct 2013
frederica got rolled
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 23, 2014 5:33 AM

Aug 2013
Wow I never thought Frederica would get clipped like that. And wtf Gillette why are you working for that guy :o Memory loss?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 23, 2014 6:57 AM

Aug 2013
I watch this anime at very because of Akari, is the best girl for sure
The starting of this episode already gave for an idea of how will be the final battle in the anime ..
Oct 23, 2014 11:03 AM

Jan 2011
So first Toru breaks the contract and then he is surprised she did indeed go there alone, especially after having seen how much she cares for this? For his usually so outstanding observation skills, this was quite a big lapse..
Oct 23, 2014 1:37 PM

Feb 2013
Whaaaaaaaaattt dragons look so much stronger than they are in anime:(
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 23, 2014 1:39 PM

Feb 2014
Omfg , DAT PUPPET! Scared tf' outta me .... Lol at chaika disguise
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Oct 23, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 2013
poor Fredrica at the end and the episode was kinda slow
Oct 23, 2014 4:43 PM

Mar 2013
For a sec there, I thought they were going to pull of that act again like the first season to entertain someone again...
Oct 23, 2014 7:09 PM

Nov 2013
Akari best girl, lol.

And that cliffhanger e.e
Oct 23, 2014 11:59 PM

Oct 2011
Akari will do anything for her brother XD

Oh damn Chaika

Frederica NOOOOO

Gilette what happen to you?

Twin Chaika's and Shin Acura OMG

Can't forget Red Chaika too
Oct 24, 2014 12:10 AM

Jun 2014
I love the way this show presents its story. It's nothing revolutionary, but it is damn engaging. This episode FLEW.
Damn cliffhangers.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 24, 2014 4:10 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode in which the news are better than expected, the previous promo had not told the whole truth! LOL
Narration usable, too fast, I would say, but not superficial, all steps are respected.
The drawings are not bad, the animations are good, the landscapes that accompany the scenes sometimes are not detailed in the same way, but it is a defect of minor importance.
I did not expect to see other Chaika, but maybe it's good to have other new characters.
Who knows, if they make the end of the Chaika blue.
Oct 24, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2013
Meeting something like a Kraken during the night in an empty sea is like my worst nightmare. Especially once you get sunk into the murky water. Damn.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

302 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2014

91 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.