Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2014 5:13 AM

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
New chapter is out.

What does Ging have planned with Pariston? Oh I can't wait for the Dark Continent!
Jun 4, 2014 5:20 AM

Dec 2008
I feel like we won't see any of the four 4 main characters in this arc, at least not in the beginning. I'm also excited to see what Ging has planned.
Jun 4, 2014 5:36 AM

Oct 2009
@Vanser, I wanna see Kurapika but he really doesnt fit in this arc either... they could only pull him in through a side arc. Leorio won't go to the new world either, he s too weak right now. We could be expecting a timeskip though, like they all disappear in the new world for 5/10 years, then Gon and Killa go look for them.
Jun 4, 2014 5:54 AM

Apr 2009
So much content in this chapter, it's wonderful.
Politics, adventures, a focus on the strongest characters in the series as well more from pariston and Ging? What more can we ask for?
I hope Gon takes a backseat this entire arc; maybe searching for Kurapica with Leorio or so while the focus rests on the big shots for once. They can still be shown (along with the Spiders, maybe :P) in a seperate, small plot - maybe they will even find clues about the Dark Continent as well. Overall they should not venture there imho, this is just too much for them.
NidhoeggrJun 4, 2014 6:17 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 4, 2014 5:56 AM
Jan 2014
The translation really makes it hard to understand what is really going on. But apart from that, DC is not just a continent but really a whole different world.

I can't believe that the world we knew was only surrounded by a lake in DC. The scale is ridiculous.

As this arcs introduction is still going on, its really difficult to understand where this is all leading up to.

Those 'gatekeepers', the extra island that has immigration, the true purpose of Hunter association, what Beyond is thinking, Ging and Pariston, etc...

I hope these will be explained in detail with better translation.
Jun 4, 2014 5:59 AM
Jan 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
So much content in this chapter, it's wonderful.
Politics, adventures, a focus on the strongest characters in the series as well more from pariston and Ging? What more can we ask for?
I hope Gon takes a backseat this entire arc; maybe searching for Kurapica with Leorio or so while the focus rests on the big shots for once. They can still be shown 8along with the Spiders, maybe :P) in a seperate, small plot - maybe they will even find clues about the Dark Continent as well.

I think Gon will be forced to take a backseat because this epic arc is too much for him and his allies.

The expedition will go on for more than 4 years I believe because of all the preparations and commitment the countries are putting on.

There's really nothing I could think of that could bring all the MC's together with a single objective. I would hate for it to become a generic rescue arc though so I hope Togashi doesn't do the norm.
Jun 4, 2014 6:07 AM

Oct 2011
Holy crap. The amount of text in this chapter is a sight to behold. It looks like Togashi's trying to rush the introduction so that he can get to the good parts quickly.
Jun 4, 2014 6:12 AM

Jun 2012
So much writing and information xD

I'm gonna re-read these properly later, but it's good stuff.

Hopefully the introduction to the DC will be short so we can get into it before another hiatus.

On a side note, really impressed with his artwork at the moment. He's properly putting the effort into it and not scribbling again xD

I feel like this is the beginning of what hunter x hunter really is and can see this arc being shit long, or the DC to be comprised of lots of different arcs.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jun 4, 2014 6:16 AM

Jan 2011
Cheesekao said:
Holy crap. The amount of text in this chapter is a sight to behold. It looks like Togashi's trying to rush the introduction so that he can get to the good parts quickly.

or maybe try give madhouse a lot content if madhouse decide to keep anime ongoing

i think chapter like this can fit for 1 ep with a little adds
Jun 4, 2014 6:28 AM

Oct 2011
dark-chaos said:
Cheesekao said:

or maybe try give madhouse a lot content if madhouse decide to keep anime ongoing

i think chapter like this can fit for 1 ep with a little adds

The anime will end in roughly 20 episodes or so. I don't think they'll animate past the election arc seeing as to how the arc will probably still be in the early stages by then.
Jun 4, 2014 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder how the main characters will fit into this arc. Maybe they might play some sort of role. But Ging definitely has some other intentions. It was a pretty solid chapter overall with a lot of info. That 0.04% survival rate isn't looking too well though.

And that whale!
Jun 4, 2014 6:37 AM

May 2014
wow this story is so detailed
Jun 4, 2014 6:42 AM

Sep 2011
And I thought that Togashi writing Hunter x Hunter again was just a fluke.
I guess this latest chapter proves that he's really back.

I pity those anime watchers who complain a lot about having long narrations
when this arc is finally animated. ^_^
Jun 4, 2014 6:44 AM

Feb 2014
With all this detail about going to the Dark continent, it's going to be an amazing arc.
But Gon should appear already.

Jun 4, 2014 7:10 AM

Feb 2014
It will be a "push aside" for our 4 main characters, really. Just what kind of shit a thing who lives on DC? but Beyond seems confident with his strength.

And it looks like Ging and ParisHILTON(XD) will show what both capable of.
I miss Gon and Killua. Though it seems interesting if Ging become the MC on this arc instead. XD
Jun 4, 2014 7:20 AM

May 2012
Pretty good chapter.
Jun 4, 2014 7:57 AM

Aug 2012
What did Ging mean 5000 chimeras?
Is it just bad translation?
I freaking hate mangapanda
Jun 4, 2014 8:09 AM

May 2013
writtenonclouds said:

Pariston has 5000 humans who are turned in to chimera ants just like Palm.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 4, 2014 8:09 AM

Sep 2011
writtenonclouds said:

Mangastream translated the same thing, not sure what he means. Not sure what he meant at the end of the chapter either. It feels like Togashi is rushing this introduction way too much. I understand what is going on on the surface but it's convoluted as hell.

It's interesting that it seems like the main cast will be taking a backseat for this arc, unless they win those raffle tickets and board the whale-boat (which I suspect will happen). Pretty excited to see an arc featuring Ging as a major character.

SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Pariston has 5000 humans who are turned in to chimera ants just like Palm.

Ah that makes sense, don't know why I forgot about the chimera ants...
Jun 4, 2014 8:28 AM

Aug 2012
^ Hmm Yeah thanks.
I wonder how Parstion did that and how much of a help that'll be in new world.
I feel like Gon(Gon will be with Ging) will be in this and arc and probably killua.
Killuas family might get called in for the dark continent or show interest in going there. Maybe he wants to fight who ever Beyond is looking for.
Leorio could be a doctor now and just buy his way in as a nen medicine expert or something.
Jun 4, 2014 8:28 AM
Jan 2014
And where are those chimera ants going to taken? In the DC or the Island, if you could call it that.
Jun 4, 2014 8:38 AM

Jun 2012
I feel like Kurapika may want to go to DC in hopes of finding more red eye people, then perhaps Gon will go with to lend a hand and perhaps to get to know his dad better or something.

Either that or we are just going to have an arc of top tiers, let's do it. :P
Jun 4, 2014 8:57 AM

Jul 2011
Mangastream translation is borderline incomprehensible. http://puu.sh/9eNMk/78cec7f8d1.png
Jun 4, 2014 8:57 AM

May 2014
I don't understand how Pariston got hold of the Chimeras. Isn't it supposed to be a property of the hunter organisation ? When Ging said Pariston was gonna use the chimeras in upcoming exam I thought it implied Pariston would use is authority as a chairman to use them as they are property of the organisation.
How did he got hold of this many chimeras ? I know he was pretty higher up in the association and popular in many factions but for Pariston to realise such a thing is pretty incredible to me as any chimeras that can use nen is pretty strong already.
ryu1991Jun 4, 2014 9:35 AM
Jun 4, 2014 8:59 AM

Sep 2013
I see a lot of people getting the chimera thing wrong-

Pariston scheme was to send the v5 organization or the hunter's organization into the dark continent and a lot of would die, so Ging came and said stop fooling around with people's lives and send in the 5000 chimeras to check the dark continent first instead of sacrificing people.
Jun 4, 2014 9:11 AM

May 2013
Those 5000 chimera ants are pretty much Pariston's playtoys and DC his playground lol.

Mod Edit: No Linking to unfair material
TyrelJun 8, 2014 2:06 PM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jun 4, 2014 9:24 AM

May 2014
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
Those 5000 chimera ants are pretty much Pariston's playtoys and DC his playground lol.

Yeah but it was 100 hunter organisation airships. So it is supposed to be a property of the hunter organisation. But I guess since it wasn't recorded on the book the vice chairman (Pariston at the time) was one of the only one who knew about this. So maybe he silenced all the people who knew about it with threat and money and he left the organisation with them.

ichii_1 said:

Pariston scheme was to send the v5 organization or the hunter's organization into the dark continent and a lot of would die, so Ging came and said stop fooling around with people's lives and send in the 5000 chimeras to check the dark continent first instead of sacrificing people.

Yeah, I got the same thing when i was reading mangastream's translation. He doesn't want the association to be Pariston's plaything. I really don't get along with mangapanda's translation.
Jun 4, 2014 9:29 AM

Jun 2012
ryu1991 said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

Yeah but it was 100 hunter organisation airship. So it is supposed to be a property of the hunter organisation. But I guess since it wasn't recorded on the book the vice chairman (Pariston at the time) was one of the only one who knew about this. So maybe he silenced all the people who knew about it with threat and money and he left the organisation with them.

ichii_1 said:

Yeah, I got the same thing when i was reading mangastream's translation. He doesn't want the association to be Pariston's plaything. I really don't get along with mangapanda's translation.

I guess this is what we have to deal with though when translating that much text xD
Jun 4, 2014 9:34 AM

Sep 2007
That ...
Is a real good chapter.
After all this time.
Jun 4, 2014 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
Ok, here's a little summary of the last two chapters from someone over at Mangastream:

Alright folks this is going to be a fairly long read because Togashi packed a lot of stuff in this chapter:Well we know that Isaac Netero wants the Zodiacs to go to Dark Continent. Netero had also been to the Dark Continent before but found that his view of strength is more on that for combat. Beyond, on the other hand, views strength to be that of determination and the desire to explore the unknown - something Netero acknowledges as a far more virtuous quality of a hunter. This is why Netero is "making a request" for the Hunters Association to set up their own expedition and beat Beyond for the prestige of exploring and colonizing the Dark Continent.
The country of Kakin wants to go to the Dark Continent. The Dark Continent remember from last chapter is taboo and humans have not visited it for centuries.
V5 don't want to deal with this because each time humanity has stepped into the Dark Continent, they've only brought calamities back. Another reason is out of the 28 survivors from the Dark Continent, only 3 were able to live normal lives. Mind you these were powerful individuals with a lot of luck on their side. So it would be very reckless and dangerous for the citizens of Kakin to head over to the Dark Continent.
V5 order The Zodiacs to capture Beyond, as a way to get their own info on the Dark Continent (preferably the calamities).
Beyond gives himself up, proposing they take him to Dark Continent under the pretense that they are chasing him and to obtain greater support for his trip to the Dark Continent from the Hunter's Association and V5.
Zodiacs accept, so they can fulfill Isaac's final request/order.
The V5 plan on inviting Kakin in to turn the organization from the V5 into the V6 in an attempt to limit the damage of the expedition that would otherwise bring more calamities back from the Dark Continent. To ensure a monitored expedition, the Hunter's Association will accompany Beyond by orders of the V5 into the Dark Continent.
The V5 must do this expedition of the Dark Continent while:
1. Keeping Beyond a prisoner
2. Fighting off Beyond's allies
3. Dealing with the calamities
4. Exploring the continent to find ways to benefit mankind.
The King of Kakin is building Black Whale ships to effectively transport people from their world into the Dark Continent. The first ship will send Beyond and presumably the Zodiac 10 along with more in the future. The King estimates one million immigrants over the next five years.
Ging meets with Pariston and proposes he joins Beyond's team. He also tells Pariston to stop causing trouble because Pariston wanted to send his pet army of 5000 Chimera ant soldiers against one of two targets: the New World if the Hunter Association goes along with Beyond or the Hunter Association itself if it doesn't. Also, Ging might want to be a long wolf in the New World......looks like Gon will have to search for his father in the New World.
Beyond and the Zodiacs will be the first adventurers that manage to successfully infiltrate the Dark Continent officially, and will also establish the first ground base for operations and maybe even starting the cartography of the first continent.

Kubo couldn't tell this much even if he had 30 chapter worth of pages at his disposal.
Jun 4, 2014 10:05 AM
Apr 2013
The Dark Continent is freaking huge!

Ging and Pariston take a backseat to none in the fascinating department at the moment, so any battle between the two is sure to get the blood boiling for all concerned.
Jun 4, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Ok, here's a little summary of the last two chapters from someone over at Mangastream:

Alright folks this is going to be a fairly long read because Togashi packed a lot of stuff in this chapter:Well we know that Isaac Netero wants the Zodiacs to go to Dark Continent. Netero had also been to the Dark Continent before but found that his view of strength is more on that for combat. Beyond, on the other hand, views strength to be that of determination and the desire to explore the unknown - something Netero acknowledges as a far more virtuous quality of a hunter. This is why Netero is "making a request" for the Hunters Association to set up their own expedition and beat Beyond for the prestige of exploring and colonizing the Dark Continent.
The country of Kakin wants to go to the Dark Continent. The Dark Continent remember from last chapter is taboo and humans have not visited it for centuries.
V5 don't want to deal with this because each time humanity has stepped into the Dark Continent, they've only brought calamities back. Another reason is out of the 28 survivors from the Dark Continent, only 3 were able to live normal lives. Mind you these were powerful individuals with a lot of luck on their side. So it would be very reckless and dangerous for the citizens of Kakin to head over to the Dark Continent.
V5 order The Zodiacs to capture Beyond, as a way to get their own info on the Dark Continent (preferably the calamities).
Beyond gives himself up, proposing they take him to Dark Continent under the pretense that they are chasing him and to obtain greater support for his trip to the Dark Continent from the Hunter's Association and V5.
The V5 plan on inviting Kakin in to turn the organization from the V5 into the V6 in an attempt to limit the damage of the expedition that would otherwise bring more calamities back from the Dark Continent. To ensure a monitored expedition, the Hunter's Association will accompany Beyond by orders of the V5 into the Dark Continent.
The King of Kakin is building Black Whale ships to effectively transport people from their world into the Dark Continent. The first ship will send Beyond and presumably the Zodiac 10 along with more in the future. The King estimates one million immigrants over the next five years.
Ging meets with Pariston and proposes he joins Beyond's team. He also tells Pariston to stop causing trouble because Pariston wanted to send his pet army of 5000 Chimera ant soldiers against one of two targets: the New World if the Hunter Association goes along with Beyond or the Hunter Association itself if it doesn't. Also, Ging might want to be a long wolf in the New World......looks like Gon will have to search for his father in the New World.
Beyond and the Zodiacs will be the first adventurers that manage to successfully infiltrate the Dark Continent officially, and will also establish the first ground base for operations and maybe even starting the cartography of the first continent.

Kubo couldn't tell this much even if he had 30 chapter worth of pages at his disposal.

Thankyou for that man, appreciated :D
Jun 4, 2014 10:20 AM
May 2014
Nidhoeggr said:

Dear lord.. THAT MUCH in TWO chapters.. Togashi if I could give you my life force so you could write the rest of your story without godamn hiatuses I would fucking do it.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jun 4, 2014 10:24 AM

Feb 2014
Actually only the first phrase was from previous chapter, so that's just ONE!

HxH had always been detailed but ever since the Election arc they took it up a notch. I love how detailed everything is.

5000 ants finally revealed their relevance. Now we wait for Bizeff, Koala and... Kite.
I really hope Gon takes a backseat here, but if Togashi can somehow sneak him into this, and he can do it, then I'd have no problem either.
Jun 4, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2009
Yorkshin was equally detailed in terms of the psychological aspects and characerization and GI had a pretty well thoughtout RPG world, but yeah: Election and Dark Continent are a step above so far.

Sadly, the horrible speed translations make summaries and other help necessary for a complete understanding. I wish I could buy WSJA as a European...
NidhoeggrJun 4, 2014 10:54 AM
Jun 4, 2014 11:29 AM
Jan 2014
If there's any mangaka that has the balls to make the main characters absent from one whole arc, it's Togashi.

Even though I would be glad to see their whereabouts, it wouldn't make a difference having the main MC's missing.
Jun 4, 2014 11:35 AM

Jun 2012
I don't see how any of the main four can be relevant in this arc, but I don't necessarily mind since Togashi is still managing to keep things interesting even with all the info dumps.

Maybe they can get a little side-episode like the Spiders during the Chimera Ant arc.
Jun 4, 2014 11:42 AM

May 2014
lebron181 said:
If there's any mangaka that has the balls to make the main characters absent from one whole arc, it's Togashi.

Even though I would be glad to see their whereabouts, it wouldn't make a difference having the main MC's missing.

It would make a big difference to me. I want to see Gon in this arc. How the hell is the main character gonna miss such a big event as the dark world ?
Jun 4, 2014 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
But really those translations are terrible. "We need Usher Kakin in V5"
"I be this and I be that"
What?
Jun 4, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2012
am i the only one who is amused that the known world is on a lake? made me chuckle.
Jun 4, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

I have another interpretation of that.
Ging tells him to stop causing trouble and instead send 5000 chimera's to the dark continent.
Where does it remotely say Pariston will send the chimera's to one of the two organizations?
Jun 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like the body counts will be higher in this arc. I expect maybe, half of the zodiacs will be dead (I hope not) :(
Jun 4, 2014 12:48 PM

Apr 2008
On page 9 and I'm bored out of my mind. zzzzzzzz
Jun 4, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
An entire long arc with the potantial to be the best so far and no main character having a role, do it Togashi!
Jun 4, 2014 1:23 PM

Feb 2014
noonealive said:
am i the only one who is amused that the known world is on a lake? made me chuckle.

At the end of their journey they will run into the Strawhats, and it's revealed the one piece is just our world, which is a safe haven and many people craved :P
Jun 4, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
Even switching between portuguese and english i had a really hard time reading these last few chapters, i wonder if the are few problems in the translation or im paying close to no attention
Jun 4, 2014 1:28 PM

Feb 2014
Not your fault, the translations need to be perfect... and sadly, they are not. Far from it.
Jun 4, 2014 1:39 PM

May 2013
It sucks that you can only buy online viz release in a handful countries :( Both the mangastream and mangapanda translation were bad.
Jun 4, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2013
Awesome chapter, seems like Ging is joining in on the fun, too c:
Jun 4, 2014 2:16 PM

Feb 2012
ichii_1 said:

That's not what was said, you're only further confusing people.

The 5000 chimera eggs are basically Pariston's bargaining chip, which he obtained by switching the plane before he quit HA. Regardless of what HA will choose to do with Beyond, he'll send the hatched Ant soldiers no matter what to either side:
1) if HA were to monitor Beyond, Pariston will release the soldiers to the world.
2) If HA choose to not do anything, Pariston will set the soldiers onto HA.

If you go back to read the Election Arc, Pariston's motives are hinted as "making things more fun and interesting", which basically mean he enjoyed being the obstacle for being obstacle's sake and just want to create more chaos. He became the VP just for the hack of being the obstacle of Netero. Right now with 5000 ants bargaining chip on his hand is his idea of 'making things more interesting". That's why Ging is getting on board, knowing Pariston is bent on messing with HA.... Ging basically said "enough of messing with HA, play with ME instead this time!"

So you can say maybe Pariston is basically Hisoka x 100...instead of looking for fun fights and interesting people as toys, Parison see politics and the world as his toys, the more chaos the better.

I have a feeling the 5000 chimera ants are MacGuffin. Pariston finally got the ultimate target of fun - Ging. (and of course he's just using Beyond and Kakin)
kcacoJun 4, 2014 2:34 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 340 Discussion ( 1 2 )

belatkuro - Mar 15, 2012

74 by Kmiisu »»
May 30, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 375 Discussion

Sytogre - Feb 23, 2018

22 by animalia »»
May 18, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 373 Discussion

wildhood - Feb 8, 2018

21 by animalia »»
May 18, 2:14 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

15 by ookami1stone »»
May 12, 4:51 PM

» Yoshihiro Togashi has started working on "Hunter x Hunter" again according to his latest tweet.

deg - May 1

17 by krilljeremiah1 »»
May 7, 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.