Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 4, 2014 10:30 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah and it was Kabuto after all. The dude is back..

Oh shit, Guy is opening the gates too. Death flag for Guy?
Mar 4, 2014 10:40 PM

Dec 2013
I think everyone knew it was going to be Kabuto in the end.

Now Naruto and Sasuke are both on their way to be revived.

Gai is so fucking BOSS!!
Eh
Mar 4, 2014 10:40 PM

May 2012
Obito kinda needs to crush the rinnegan.
Something that Konan didn't do for whatever reason.

Ah yeah, finally Sasuke gets the hashirama DNA too. I was thinking he may have gotten it from Naruto but whatever.
k11chiMar 4, 2014 10:43 PM
Mar 4, 2014 10:42 PM

Apr 2012
Interesting image, the ones who started the war are the ones who will ultimately bring it to an end by healing/saving Naruto and Sasuke.

Gai becoming a red beast though, that'll be pretty awesome. Too bad we didn't see it in this chapter.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Mar 4, 2014 10:43 PM

Dec 2012
In the end it was Kabuto who was with Sasuske.
Gai is gonna open the 8th Gate.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 4, 2014 10:48 PM

Sep 2012
Trolled us ?

I mean. Wasn't it obvious ?
Mar 4, 2014 10:48 PM

Sep 2013
GUY!!!!!!!! U Cool BASTARD!. This Chap was Awesome!

Most people guessed it was kabuto. There wasn't any trolling involved!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2014 10:50 PM

Jul 2013
Kabuto being the mystery man was obvious, but I really like how he has turned out. Them Gai death flags though. Minato got messed up, only useful Hokage right now is Sarutobi, and he's off fighting Spiral Zetsu.

MadaraUchiha69 said:
No Gai don't die!

And Kishimoto trolling us with Kabuto.

Only people he trolled were the people who were over-complicating things when they didn't need to. Some people were actually saying it is the Sage of Six Paths, they deserved to be trolled.
MinagatachiMar 4, 2014 10:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 4, 2014 10:51 PM

Jul 2013
Heh, so after all that speculation it turned out to be Kabuto after all.
All that different chakra made Karin think it was someone else..
Now Kabuto is helping Sasuke.
Gai you crazy bastard. Don't you dare die D:
Mar 4, 2014 10:56 PM

Jun 2011
Oh so it's Kabuto, who would've guessed. -.- I don't like the 180 changes in personality of Kabuto. ~.~

So Gai is ready to die for the sake of the world, I'll miss him when he's gone, but we all know that he won't be the one to take Madara down, so it's kind of sad, the sacrifice will be meaningless. Or, maybe he could somehow weaken Madara after opening the Eighth Gate?

What I didn't like is how Madara could easily dodged Gai's fast attack, but couldn't blitz dying Obito and retrieve his rinnegan.

Oh, so Kishimoto tried to explain the sage mode and the rasengan, huh? To be honest I don't like those explanation. Minato's sage mode felt like it was out of nowhere. Kakashi's was okay, but.. it's always kamui.. kamui.. and kamui.. that unlimited doujutsu and chakra. ~.~
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 4, 2014 11:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
It was Kabuto after all. Itachi's Izanami turned him a good guy now. :)
Second Hokage isn't doing well.. Hope Orochimaru helps him out.

Gai-sensei activates 7th Gate. That Midday Tiger was awesome; though it didn't do much to Madara.

Rock Lee saves Gai-sensei. Looks like "Blue Beast" of the Leaf will now evolve to "Red Beast".

Mar 4, 2014 11:06 PM
Nov 2007
I think Gai-sensei's attack did show that Taijutsu at it's strongest will affect Madara.

Let's put this theory on. The strongest magician , illusionist will be thwarted by the strongest melee fighter. I assume that if his death or handicapped possibility of Gai-sensei, it'll mean a crack upon Madara's current state.

Red Beast MAY do that kind of damage that'll lead Naruto/Sasuke to combine something to end this for all. I guess all the earlier villains turned good. Kabuto knows his identity through Izanami. A fantastic turnout I guess?
Mar 4, 2014 11:07 PM

Aug 2013
Damnnnn Gejimayu-sensei putting in work. Holy shit, he was badass with 7 gates vs Kisame 3 years ago, and he's going badass AGAIN. Seriously love this guy. He can be a nut and a comedic-relief type guy most of the time. But when people need him most, man is Guy reliable.

I don't think he'll die, because everyone seems to come back to life these days in Naruto. But if he does, I'll miss him a lot :(
Mar 4, 2014 11:17 PM

Jun 2012
so it was kabuto i guessed right lucky me... i think

i really hope if guy opens the 8th gate they pull a nagato or something because too many people have died that i sorta like R.I.P neji

starting to wonder who's gonna get the rinnegan next could be naruto or sasuke or i hate to say it sakura :O

but it kinda felt like a lot of things were unnecessarly explained like kakashi getting hit by the rasengan and how karin couldn't tell who kabuto was.
Mar 4, 2014 11:24 PM

Jul 2007
Aloxamax said:
Interesting image, the ones who started the war are the ones who will ultimately bring it to an end by healing/saving Naruto and Sasuke.

Gai becoming a red beast though, that'll be pretty awesome. Too bad we didn't see it in this chapter.

Yep, Kishimoto LIED!! Well at least we finally got the Mysterious person out of the way, but it was predicted so many chapters ago.

You know what would be really cool, if Lee takes over and does the 8 gates instead in place of his sensei. Because i mean come on, at the end of the day its all bout the younger generations rise to power, lee has to have some kind of redeeming quality or potential to show off before the story ends.

Mar 4, 2014 11:38 PM
Nov 2013
Aloxamax said:

Lol, interesting how you pointed out that irony.

Not gonna lie though, this was a pretty good chapter...
Mar 4, 2014 11:40 PM

Nov 2011
I'm gonna say that this counts as Sasukes near death experience while having senju dna meaning he will possibly awaken the Rinnegan in the near future. Just a prediction i'm gonna make here and now.

This chapter proved that Kakashi has no limit on how much chakra he currently has and can spam kamui all day without any side effects.
Other than that Gai is gonna go super beast mode next chapter and I hope the entire chapter focuses on him only.
Mar 4, 2014 11:44 PM

Jan 2009
its Kabuto as predicted and damn Gai will die next week
Mar 4, 2014 11:46 PM

Jun 2011
alphastigma117 said:

but it kinda felt like a lot of things were unnecessarly explained like kakashi getting hit by the rasengan and how karin couldn't tell who kabuto was.

It might be obvious, but it's great to have a confirmation, so it's definitely necessary.

iNeon said:
I'm gonna say that this counts as Sasukes near death experience while having senju dna meaning he will possibly awaken the Rinnegan in the near future. Just a prediction i'm gonna make here and now.

That was actually pretty obvious. What else of a power up can a sharingan have other than upgrading it to a rinnegan?

iNeon said:

This chapter proved that Kakashi has no limit on how much chakra he currently has and can spam kamui all day without any side effects.

I call it a flaw though.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 4, 2014 11:52 PM

Jan 2014
It's great and all that Sasuke is going to live but... now they're going to kill off Gai?? >:L
Mar 5, 2014 12:04 AM

Apr 2013
Funny how kishi half-assed every explanation or plot hole there was from the last couple of weeks.. also Kabuto? what a letdown.

Also what the fuck is up with Kakashi and his kamui? He used it about 10 times since the war started, nevermind Kishi will probably write something like "if i have the support of my comrades there's nothing I can't do"

Gotta say Gai made the chapter for me, rest was a big meh.
KneelBeforeMeMar 5, 2014 12:08 AM
Mar 5, 2014 12:04 AM

Jun 2010
Kabuto. I knew it.

Mar 5, 2014 12:18 AM

May 2013
I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the war. But the last 10 chapters or so have been mildly entertaining. At this point, I'm really questioning whether I should finish off the Naruto manga or I should wait for Shippuden to catch up and fully enjoy watching it. I need someone's advice! But yeah, I'm genuinely enjoying this part of Naruto now, since the Return of Madara Arc which began at 657, so yeah the last 10 chapters have been solid.

Mar 5, 2014 12:21 AM

Aug 2013
I actually really enjoyed this chapter. Whether the Kabuto reveal was obvious or not, it was still a good choice to have him come back from Izanami instead of Kishimoto just never showing him again. Also was great to finally see Gai in action.
Mar 5, 2014 12:24 AM

Oct 2013
So Madara knows the 8th gate afterall. I think Madara will use Renbō Hengoku to stop him.

Anyway that chapter wasn't bad. Rinnegan for Sasuke incoming.
Mar 5, 2014 12:37 AM

May 2013
Not a bad chapter, I actually liked it a lot. Kakashi spamming Kamui is a plothole but I don't care at this point. Minato has SM but can't master it?! Sounds iffy coming from the yellow flash but again I don't care. Now I do care about the 8 gates and Gai dying because there is no way in hell that he is going to defeat Madara.

But the Kabuto, Orochimaru, team taka talk was the best part in my opinion. Sasuke is coming back and will probably get a power-up, niisan protects him from the grave xD

4/5
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Mar 5, 2014 12:40 AM

Dec 2011
I knew it, Kabuto would save the day...

and I wish the 7th gate damaged Madara just a little bit but it did nothing. Rock Lee coming here... I thought we would have a master/student combo first to fight Madara ... but it seems all skipped out. Can't wait to see the glory of the Eighth Gate!!!
Mar 5, 2014 12:43 AM

Dec 2009
Omg... I though Gai died already at first.. Now he is really probably gonna die..
Hopefully he doesn't die.. I like him :)
Mar 5, 2014 1:11 AM
Apr 2011
RIP Gai...you the man...err...beast.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Mar 5, 2014 1:31 AM
Dec 2013
It was Kabuto!

I love Gai sensie so much, hes such a man and a beast!!!
when Gai was talking about how he was going 8th gate, the song "Sadness & Sorrow" was playing and them feels for Gai :(

I want to see Naruto wake up so badly!!!

Sasuke finally getting help.. im relieved and TenTen is off somewhere doing something?... i wonder what shes doing!

i also think Lee and Gai go 8th gate together and do some damage to Madara
Mar 5, 2014 1:57 AM

Aug 2011
So it was Kabuto after all.. Thanks to Itachi's talk no jutsu with visual effects ( izanami ) he had change of hearth and is reviving Sasuke. Well saving/reviving Sasuke and Naruto is esential at this for conclusion of this manga and I the masterminds of this war are good candidates to do so I guess...
On other hand Guy is about to open 8th gate and if he dies, only thing I hope that he will somehow harm or weaken Madara and his death won't be pointless
Mar 5, 2014 2:07 AM

Apr 2013
I think Tenten is looking at/trying out the Six Paths' tools ... She might come help Gai/Lee
Mar 5, 2014 2:13 AM

Oct 2012
I want him to die but i don't...I think the impact will be huge if he does but he's such an awesome character D:
Mar 5, 2014 2:43 AM
Oct 2012
uBlinked said:
I think Tenten is looking at/trying out the Six Paths' tools ... She might come help Gai/Lee

Yep, I have a feeling something like that is going to happen.

Bit rubbish with the explanation of Minato with sage mode, oh I find it too long to thread the chakra Oh please... the most difficult part is not turning into a frog.

Anyway, it being Kabuto is major boring and people are still voting this chapter 5/5. I bet if they revealed it was a frog, a lot of you would still vote it highly.
Mar 5, 2014 2:49 AM

Mar 2012
Team Gai down one by one.

I think next Tenten will die due to overusing Six Path tools.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 5, 2014 4:06 AM

Feb 2014
Lol this chapter was worse than Bleach... Gai accomplishes nothing with the inner gates and just utter fails in general the battle sucked and then apparently he's going to sacrifice himself(why should it matter I have no idea) But he's able to stand up with broken ribs and his left arm(broken) I couldn't even take his power up seriously

-5/5
Mar 5, 2014 4:32 AM
Feb 2014
3 battlefields and a kamui world - lets see how SHIT AND SLOW this story progression is shall we.
no progression on Hiruzens battlefield.
no progression on Naruto's revival
no progression on Sasuke's revival, didn't even see sasuke flinch!
No progression on Gai's fight, he pretty much just tested Madara out and that was it.
After waiting 4 week's, the shadow is revealed to be Kabuto which was boring and no real surprise as he would escape izanami anyway eventually once he accepted himself, it was just a matter of when.

if we arent getting any story progression, theres no real point reading this shit and when the writer is using his characters to explain dodgy shit he previously wrote and explain things again that we already know or give us flashbacks. everyones best bet is probably to wait till his series ends, then come back and read it.... im done waiting every week for such shit each week.. I AM DONE!!!!!!!!!!! good luck guys! this guy clearly doesnt know where this story is going... so why should we care about it now when we can look at the finished work after without being frustrated each week with his stupidity and trolling.
Mar 5, 2014 4:49 AM
Dec 2012
In 665 Kakashi has a hole from the rasengan. Now the hole is not there anymore and he says he kamuied it.. Fucking lol.
I don't think I have to mention all the inconsistencies with Minato either.
Mar 5, 2014 4:55 AM

Aug 2013
Yes it was Kabuto Yessssssss!
Okay but why does he still have that chakra in him I thought he was normal after Orochimaru took it?
Mar 5, 2014 6:06 AM
Sep 2012
So Kabato is alive, Kabato is a good guy? Okay, he wants to return home, well I think those orphans are grown up. I hope he saved Anko on his way out, maybe Anko is on her way to Naruto's group. Mashashi just plan forgot about her?

Well Guy and Kekashi, something tells me there attack won't do much, there just there to buy time, but don't tell me Guy is going to die.

Well those that said Kabato was the mysterious guy, you were right, I didn't see that coming.
Mar 5, 2014 6:09 AM
Aug 2013
So soon sasuke is gonna receive another power-up without having to work for it.
Mar 5, 2014 6:09 AM
Nov 2012
Too damn predictable...
Mar 5, 2014 6:26 AM

Aug 2013
Shaniyaz said:
It was Kabuto after all. Itachi's Izanami turned him a good guy now. :)
Second Hokage isn't doing well.. Hope Orochimaru helps him out.

Gai-sensei activates 7th Gate. That Midday Tiger was awesome; though it didn't do much to Madara.

Rock Lee saves Gai-sensei. Looks like "Blue Beast" of the Leaf will now evolve to "Red Beast".

Yeah, Gai better not die.
Mar 5, 2014 6:45 AM

Oct 2013
I'm a little bit dissapointed, because Mr.X is Kabuto.
Mar 5, 2014 6:48 AM

May 2013
So it was Kabuto with Sasuke. Oh man, Guy is gonna open the last gate. This is gonna be epic.
Mar 5, 2014 6:59 AM

Feb 2014
Alright, it's Evening Dragon time or whatever it's called.
Mar 5, 2014 7:22 AM

May 2013
This is Gai's final brawl...
Mar 5, 2014 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
I loved this chapter because of Gai! That moment he busted in opening the seventh gate was nothing but badass and we all know he isn't going to take down Madara but it was very cool to see him do what he always does and jumps in when needed. I hope he doesn't die but it definitely has all the "pre-requisites" Kishi likes to put out just before someone kicks the can, but hey it's war what can you do.

Kabuto being the one watching over Sasuke wasn't much of a surprise after hearing many users on here discuss how it could be him before. I'm not disappointed at all by it being Kabuto, nor am I overly "pumped" but when I think, it couldn't have been anyone else I would have wanted more other than Itachi but for obvious reasons that wouldn't quite work.

Overall good chapter with Gai sensei making it for me.
Mar 5, 2014 7:46 AM

Jan 2013
Gai gonna die..
Mar 5, 2014 7:48 AM

Apr 2010
Of course it was Kabuto. At least he didn't become good from a Talk no Jutsu.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 671 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2014

107 by cry4heals »»
Sep 12, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 89 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 10, 2012

5 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 28, 1:31 PM

» NARUTO creator Masashi Kishimoto teases a potential "New Manga"

deg - Aug 26

8 by shreddedsnake »»
Aug 28, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 86 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

7 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 27, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 43 Discussion

jeanfarias - Mar 20, 2012

9 by Adam_________ »»
Aug 22, 10:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.