Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 15, 2023 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
For the first time in a long while, Yui manages to sneak into school, though Nakami notices her while Magari manages to borrow Kurashiki-sensei's fan to kill off the heat.

Back from the Chrihama school trip, and while both Nakami and Magari manage to get souvenirs and pictures that are more or less subpar, though the latter stole Kurashiki-sensei's fan. Ukegawa meeting Nakami with Magari to discuss about the viewing party and its proceedings (though catching Nakami in the act peering at Magari's photo), which he eventually let her see it. And through the Chirihama Beach view is good, it's not good enough for the photography contest, The official training camp offers places to go, and along with the abalone season, Magari wants to explore more, but first, they need approval from their parents and Nurashiki-sensei.

Though in the heavy heat, the way that Magari tells Nakami to "take more pictures of me" and "leave a trace of me behind"...

The closing ceremony before summer break, and there isn't much time before the viewing party. Asking friends around, the first being Nono who is focusing on her painting  of the plastic bust (which somehow doesn't seem right), asking her to request drawing a poster is possible, but not before being a model to finish her assignment, which is better having both him and Magari pose, which ended up being the poster for the viewing party. Onwards to more planning, and aside from the Astronomy Club, along with Ukegawa and Nono, Kanikawa is the hard one to impress. But convincing her doesn't need to be hard, for Anamizu, deep into her baseball club training, is floundering badly with Nakami watching from start to finish. With more practice with said girl wanting to be the pitcher, Anamizu tries her best, and eventually succeeds in it, though she's already in before his request, and all to convince Kanikawa is just lil' jealousy, so easy.

With everyone onboard, the meteor shower party got into to poster stage, and the training camp irks Yui out being a 3rd party to Nakami and Magari, to make this right. It's surprising that Kanikawa came from a family that runs an okonomiyaki restaurant, though she's actually not all that bad, with her family helping out to promote the viewing party, with the school roof being used also as a bargain. It's also surprising that amidst everyone's own circumstances that they're willing to help out the Astronomy Club, it's nothing more than a miracle that they got this far with everyone's help.

The meteor shower party is coming alright, just with more kinks to fix.
KANLen09May 15, 2023 2:32 PM
May 15, 2023 9:06 AM
Oct 2022
*sits down* *opens beer* *opens his copy of Insomniacs manga*

How yall feeling about

don't let it scare you away tho

May 15, 2023 9:11 AM

Apr 2016
I was thinking we gonna get some kind of a little conclusion to the trip from the last week's episode, i guess it's just done, moving on.

Okay, a lot of people were mentioning this, and i was waiting for something more graspable to comment on, but i really dont think this is the kind of direction that this anime has, "people die, move on", does not sits as something the creator want to convey to us.

But hey, even the greatest stories can shit the bed a mile before end.
May 15, 2023 9:35 AM

Feb 2021
I like how Nakami's worries feel very real. I really hope it goes well.

"Leave a trace of me behind"
oh no oh no no no no NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 15, 2023 9:40 AM
Jul 2020
this chick is gonna go bye bye, it seems.
May 15, 2023 9:41 AM

Mar 2021
The preparations for the viewing party is in full swing I hope everything goes well for them
May 15, 2023 9:50 AM
Mar 2021
The foreshadowing seems way too evident. The source has to be trolling us
May 15, 2023 9:56 AM
Dec 2021
What did she sayyyy
PrIYO_159May 15, 2023 9:59 AM
May 15, 2023 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
"Leave a trace of me behind" That was a fking massive death flag

OMG! It's the Nishigishi Station This station served as an inspiration for Yunosagi Station from Hanasaku Iroha.

The Hiranoya Okonomiyaki restaurant is located here https://goo.gl/maps/3Ena7psf6JhQMrDFA
何それ?意味分かんない
May 15, 2023 10:03 AM

Oct 2022
What a funny pose… The viewing party event is incoming. Great SoL anime with exceptional BGM.

May 15, 2023 10:09 AM

Apr 2022
"Leave a trace of me behind", huh? Well, I guess this won't be all fun and games...

Now I'm wondering if she's terminally ill or suicidal
May 15, 2023 10:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Slow but cute, I really like how they posed to make the stargazing poster, the result is amazing xD
May 15, 2023 10:31 AM
Oct 2021
please don't kill her off, please God, let it be a happy anime
May 15, 2023 10:34 AM

Oct 2022
she's dying, isn't she?
May 15, 2023 10:35 AM

Jul 2020
umm this death flag was way too blunt, I can't even take it serious 

also, as a long-time cigarette smoker I hate to see those vape pussy sticks invade anime 
InexplicableMay 15, 2023 10:39 AM
May 15, 2023 10:46 AM

May 2020
That was some poster.. for meteor shower viewing party.. xD

Though leaving that aside and coming to the thing which was the highlight, the subtle hint from Isaki about something. That sounded a lot familiar, but it was what it was. We'll get the full explanation in some due time, maybe next couple of episodes.. so better to feel about this there.

Fireworks festival for the next time.
May 15, 2023 10:48 AM
Dec 2021
Previously once Kurashiki sensei said that when one's health is bad they don't get enough sleep and now this. This red flags are scaring me. Hopefully nothing happens fingers crossed 🤞
May 15, 2023 10:58 AM
Jan 2021
Gawdammit!!!

I fell in love with this anime only to find out it's going to break my heart like Your Lie in April did??!! $&*#!!!!

I mean, I'm grateful when a masterclass anime affords me a good cry. But, dammit.....
May 15, 2023 11:13 AM
Dec 2021
Is this what we call character development? because I fucking love it!!
May 15, 2023 11:22 AM

Jan 2021
Yui sneaking into the school and Isaki bringing a fan to cool off, but Usako noticed that lmao. Ganta looking at pictures of Isaki and Isaki getting sorta mad or not? I don't even know.

"Leave a trace of me behind", nah Isaki don't you dare, I'm not gonna experience another YLIA route. Ganta recruiting people for the Meteor Shower Viewing Party. They hang up the posters in different locations to attract a big crowd hopefully. Isaki taking a wholesome nap. Ganta wanting to held a training camp and invites Yui but Yui thinks otherwise lmao. They all have a nice meal afterwards, since they worked hard on the posters. Meteor party is coming.

Wholesome moment.
May 15, 2023 11:28 AM

Sep 2017
This is seriously giving Your Lie In April vibe
May 15, 2023 11:29 AM
May 2021
Is she really gonna die ??? I mean manga readers say it's not the case even after 100+ chapters...
But then why does she keep raising death flags in every other episode...
May 15, 2023 11:34 AM
Aug 2020
SD_strange said:
Is she really gonna die ??? I mean manga readers say it's not the case even after 100+ chapters...

Cuz she is probably scared of dying, and heart is tricky organ, not waking up one day well, tho im relieved, i saw too after so many chapters she still alive, only thing im scared of manga is not complete. And those death flags i hate.
May 15, 2023 11:38 AM

Feb 2015
SD_strange said:
Given the mangakas other works which are generally light hearted I doubt she'd do something like this. So I can only guess it is due to her being anxious or generally depressed, seeing no way out (yet?) of her sleeping issues and health problems.
May 15, 2023 11:47 AM

Nov 2013
Magari throwing those atomic death flags again :D
May 15, 2023 12:19 PM

Apr 2021
I like it so much that they allow the characters to really breath and giving them deserved screentime. Captures the feel of the manga very well.

Geez, all the girls are so adorable. It's so fun to watch.

May 15, 2023 12:32 PM
Oct 2021
Pls don't be like Your Lie in April. My heart can't take another one like that
May 15, 2023 12:32 PM
Nov 2022
She is definitely terminally ill first the meds last ep and now she is talking about leaving a trace.
May 15, 2023 12:50 PM

Jun 2009
This show has me hooked. 
Is anybody able to tell me what chapter in the manga I should start off after episode 6?
May 15, 2023 1:19 PM
May 2021
"leave a trace of me behind" huuuuh? i thought this was going to be a cute little show but that's a giant death foreshadow if i ever saw one. pleeease don't let this have a sad ending. i won't be able to take it
My 2023 candies:
May 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Jul 2022
cute little smol episode
May 15, 2023 2:11 PM
Jul 2015
The dancing pose was soooo cute (and damn, a heck of a poster came out of it!)
May 15, 2023 3:31 PM

Mar 2020
Well then, we getting Your Lie in April vibes here or what?

As everyone returned from the school trip, Nakami and Magari have their share of pictures for the photography contest, but sadly, they were not good enough. A training camp is in order to get better pictures. In the summer heat, Magari tells Nakami to "leave a trace of me behind", by taking more pictures of her, and man, that just makes me fearing what's to come. It seems too blatant of a death flag though, hopefully they're just messing with us. After that, Nakami went around trying to recruit some helpers for the viewing party, and it was great that even though everyone's busy with their own lives and circumstances, they offered a helping hand.

Hopefully we get to see some beautiful sceneries again in future episodes, as the viewing party draws closer and closer.
May 15, 2023 3:51 PM
May 2021
I've seen too many anime where the main girl has to die and you know it, yet you still watch it and no, I did not want to watch another one especially when it's that good. (WHY IS THIS WORLD SO CRUEL)
(I haven't read the manga so no clue what happens next, but you get what I mean)
May 15, 2023 4:09 PM
Aug 2016
Like always, I loved this episode, its been like a Videogame with little quests like pose for the drawer or train in the baseball field xd
May 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Sep 2018
This not so subtle foreshadowing throughout this entire anime so far, has really run it's course. That's the only downside for me, I wish it was executed with a little more nuance and less often. "I only have X amount of months to live", really not looking forward to that shit. Well, I hope they get a happy ending anyway...
May 15, 2023 5:16 PM
Mar 2020
It's a lot of fun getting to know the personalities of some of the other kids in the class for once. And Shiromaru's antics are a hoot as always.
But that "leave something of me behind"
line has me real worried. Sounds like a death flag. We could have another 3D Kanojo situation on our hands. Not that I would complain if it's done well...but then, she could just be expecting to move far away or something.

Also, why did Nono make them hold that position for the whole sketch? She could have just taken a picture and drawn from that. It's loads easier for everyone involved. I think she secretly wanted to torture them a bit.
May 15, 2023 5:19 PM

Feb 2017
this feels like the first time i've seen a character vaping in anime

placeholder text
May 15, 2023 5:20 PM

Jul 2020
Ahhh, a goddamn death flag spotted. 
My Candies:
May 15, 2023 6:04 PM
Sep 2020
That was a good ep, probably my fav so far!

I love how much progress they are making with the club, it is so cool to see so early on in the series ^^. I can't believe the teacher just pulls out a vape and starts vaping in front of students, maybe that's normal in Japan but not here in the US D:
May 15, 2023 6:05 PM
Aug 2020
I enjoyed like always, I can’t wait to see them get closer…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 15, 2023 6:05 PM
Sep 2020
amagirinomikoto said:
this feels like the first time i've seen a character vaping in anime

Ikr, I am so used to them censoring it like they did in Jojo. 
May 15, 2023 6:44 PM

Apr 2022
death flag was already planted in episode 1 and we got another one. i'll be surprised if it doesn't pull a your lie in april.
interesting poster for the meteor shower viewing party with nakami and isaki lmao
May 15, 2023 6:49 PM
Mar 2015
the meteor shower viewing party is moving along
May 15, 2023 7:41 PM
Dec 2022
TheHubrisofMan said:
Gawdammit!!!

I fell in love with this anime only to find out it's going to break my heart like Your Lie in April did??!! $&*#!!!!

I mean, I'm grateful when a masterclass anime affords me a good cry. But, dammit.....

This was my exact feeling
May 15, 2023 8:03 PM
Aug 2020
See you all on the last minute of the last episode.
May 15, 2023 8:21 PM
Nov 2022
A very good episode, it was more dynamic than usual so it felt a bit weird, but that's okay.

The comment of Magari made scares me a lot, I don't want anything bad to happen, if there really is a god please prevent anything bad from happening, this anime is very good, it doesn't need another kind of story.

For the rest quite well, we'll see what happens next week.
May 15, 2023 8:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I was kinda hoping to see if Isaki and Ganta got back to the camp unnoticed from where last episode left off but I guess they did which is bananas but I’m very glad lol. And now the name of the game is prepping for the meteor shower viewing, and Ganta took it upon himself to get Isaki’s friends onboard, and I’m ngl I really liked the bits with each of them, the art club and baseball club were my particular favorite ones, I just finished a baseball anime recently too which is nice timing lol.

And Motoko ended up joining of her own volition which was funny since she was adamant about not helping at the start lol. And tracing back to the first half, it was funny how Ganta got sussed out for looking at his pictures of Isaki by his own friend lol, that got us a cute reaction from Isaki too. But damn, for a mostly chill bit Isaki really hit us with that foreboding line about leaving a trace of her behind, pretty upsetting to hear but I guess for now we should let the good times roll till it soothes our souls, if it takes all night long.
May 15, 2023 8:29 PM

Jul 2021
KANLen09 said:
Though in the heavy heat, the way that Magari tells Nakami to "take more pictures of me" and "leave a trace of me behind"...
Thanks for this spoiler, I unironically needed to know.

Tbh the whole meteor party ordeal is kinda uninteresting, there's so much else going on I can't bring myself to share Nakami's worries. This is not actual criticism of the writing or anything, I completely understand he's supposed to act like an insecure high schooler who finds problems in everything he does.
May 15, 2023 10:25 PM
Feb 2020
What accent does Kanikawa mother used? She speak like Korean..
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any news about Season-2 ?

Izumi_mugan - Yesterday

16 by HaremKing01 »»
12 hours ago

» Anyone else want to try out astrophotography after watching this?

D-A-W - Apr 13

2 by RyogiSHIKI7 »»
Jun 1, 5:47 PM

» English Dub???

ANIk_003 - May 14

16 by MrBoomTop10Anime »»
May 20, 4:00 AM

» So… still nothing about season 2?

A-lil-weeb-dog - Feb 8

17 by saketsahu »»
Apr 26, 2:26 AM

Poll: » Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2023

147 by D-A-W »»
Apr 12, 12:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.