Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 2018 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Ayaka (the eye patch girl with the twintails) got introduced this episode.

Once again, the SM device became an object of storytelling. Idk how to feel about Ayaka tbh. A very typical character for a show like this but hey, she has somewhat of a distinctive personality compared to the others.

Another game being played...but damn, Ayaka selling her reactions is gold. I don't like her much as a character so far though...she just seems way too childish. Also poor Seiya. He can't even be with Julia anymore.
Stark700Apr 19, 2018 11:52 AM
Apr 19, 2018 11:04 AM

Jul 2017
This show is actually not that bad. This was a decent episode.

Ayaka deserved what happened to her. Such a bitch
Apr 19, 2018 11:25 AM

Jun 2015
Got to know how the SM device works. Ayaka is so scummy for what she did to Seiya. She got what she deserved. It's a shame Seiya's ex-girlfriend found someone else.
Apr 19, 2018 11:27 AM

Nov 2016
I wouldn't want to fuck with that blonde eyepatch chick....

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 19, 2018 11:42 AM
Aug 2010
What am I supposed to feel, both new characters are garbage and they got what they deserved.

This is entertaining so far, will keep watching for the time being (without any expectations).
Apr 19, 2018 12:02 PM

Jun 2016
Sometimes this type of trash show is just what you need. I like it so far, its not even trying to pretend to be more than it is. Despicable characters (even though I like Eiya) and a shallow story, can´t wait to see what f*cked up situations they will put themselves into.
RaggadishApr 19, 2018 12:07 PM
Apr 19, 2018 12:11 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty sure many have made the comparison to Ousama Game but man this gives me the same vibes, but a bit better? Like it's kinda trash but not exactly terrible, kinda exciting. I have no idea how to describe this lol
Apr 19, 2018 12:15 PM

Jul 2011
Yet pretty mild drama so far, but who knows what comes next...

Main point is to play "dirty" as we seen so far.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 19, 2018 12:22 PM

May 2015
After the first episode I thought this show might have some potential. But meh. This episode already gave me the opposite impression. It's as if they try hard to escalate things but fail miserably. Everything is so bland. And frankly speaking the whole idea of these devices seems silly, maybe we aren't supposed to take this show seriously but really it's like everyone's actions are driven by some kind of twisted logic. Not sure I even want to watch the rest of the series.
Apr 19, 2018 1:22 PM

Jul 2017
I was pissed at the white hair dude at first for what he said to Ayaka but after what she did to him especially with his girlfriend i was kinda pissed off at her. because of what happened to his girlfriend now she seems to be with some sketchy people.
Apr 19, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
Completely stupid, full of plotholes and inconsistencies, bad writting, bad character writing, mediocre animation, cliched story, unlovable main characters, tries to be edgy...

The Ousama Game of 2018.
So bad it's good, might continue.

Apr 19, 2018 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
Yup, Eyepatch chick is crazy as expected. She's a piece of crap for what she put Seiya through, and now the woman he loves is involved with some other people. Looking forward to seeing what kinds of situations Yuuga and Eiya get into in the future.

Also, that "eat me out" scene. Just.....idk what to say about that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 19, 2018 1:52 PM
Jul 2013
Ok the scene at the end when Julia said if you let go of my hand you lose, does that count as a game if she's wearing SCM too. Can a slave have their slaves anyway?
Apr 19, 2018 4:30 PM
Jun 2016
The first thought watching this episode was, this reminds me of the confessor power from sword of truth, just weaker.
Apr 19, 2018 4:33 PM

Jul 2017
So bad...

It sure as hell does not shy away from over simplification, attempts(?) some cheap melodrama and possesses a forgettable set of terrible characters.

Not a single ounce of amusement was found.
Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Apr 19, 2018 6:25 PM

May 2017
Dissapointed, I thought eyepatch girl would be badass, her design is misleading lol, she's still hot tho
Apr 19, 2018 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
This anime almost seems like NTR: The animation..

I bet this Julia is wearing an SCM right now, the whole "if you let go of my hand you lose"

This poor guy is just going to be a slave passed around forever huh?
Apr 19, 2018 7:36 PM

May 2011
Well, this is better than I expected tbh, I don't know why but I'm enjoying this, probably gonna keep watching this just cause.
Apr 19, 2018 8:40 PM

Mar 2012
I don't understand the score at all. I'm enjoying this a lot, actually, and found it really entertaining.
Apr 19, 2018 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
Poor Seiya...dude ends up completely getting completely cucked there. Slut even got a tattoo for her new "master". Pretty sure she was the girl we saw naked doing like a live stream with a blindfold on in the first episode. Julia ends up meeting a new SCM guy within a day or two of breaking up? C'mon now.

I might get some disagreement, but really Seiya did nothing wrong. Did he screw Ayaka over and play with her emotions and take her money? Yea sure...but that's his fucking job. He works as a host. It's literally his job to pretend to listen to you and make you fawn over him so you'll give him lots of money. It's like me giving a big tip to an Applebee's waitress and being pissed she doesnt fuck me later.

I'm going to guess that whore Julia is wearing an SCM too since Seiya bet on it. But what happens when he inevitably lets go? He was forbidden from taking bets, so does he get punished for doing it? Julia is a slave, but can a slave own a slave? Or does her win equal a win for her master?
Apr 19, 2018 10:33 PM

Dec 2014
so julia also became a slave.... I guess
Apr 19, 2018 11:10 PM

Jul 2014
They ruined it by changing the "fake result" of the game. In the manga it was better... Ayaka was like

That plot twist made it livelier.

I also liked more Eiya's expression in the manga. I was expecting something similarly good, but ended up in disappointment there.

I don't really know what to think, I like the manga and if it's a good adaptation I'll like the anime, but this episode felt like they removed just the good parts of the manga leaving everything else...
LeviathanTheEspApr 19, 2018 11:34 PM
Apr 19, 2018 11:45 PM

May 2015
Seiya took the risk of using an SCM...and this is what happens...The game felt a little fast, as if the creators were running out of airing time. At least Ayaka got bitchpunched. It was good seeing Seiya not giving a damn during the game. Being a slave but not being able to have your emotions manipulated makes this all the more interesting...It paves the ground for some dirty NTR...

Well I guess we can see where this is going. Yuuga and Eiya are going to go around the city collecting slaves, and then they're going to do...something...Julia's just been branded by a master...wait...can a slave commence a duel with another slave? Because if that happens, then the loser becomes the slave of the master who is the slave of another master...Well anyway, I guess that's where the story will continue.

Character designs are a little iffy, but at least they kept the tension up. Not bad.
Apr 20, 2018 12:55 AM
Mar 2017
LeviathanTheEsp said:
They ruined it by changing the "fake result" of the game. In the manga it was better... Ayaka was like

That plot twist made it livelier.

I also liked more Eiya's expression in the manga. I was expecting something similarly good, but ended up in disappointment there.

I don't really know what to think, I like the manga and if it's a good adaptation I'll like the anime, but this episode felt like they removed just the good parts of the manga leaving everything else...
Your right. The manga really do bring that icky feeling and its great! The adaptation is not that bad but its not that good either. What I'm salty about is that WHY DID THEY HAVE TO SHOW US THE PLAN THAT YUUGA AND EIYA'S TARGET IS SEIYA?! Them just popping out of nowhere is a lot more better in the manga!!
Apr 20, 2018 1:11 AM
Mar 2017
The execution of the scenes they made in the first episode is, I'm not gonna lie, its pretty decent if comparing to the manga. But the second episode kinda butchered it. They are adding more scenes that aren't really that needed at this point. Affecting the supposedly good execution scenes in the manga because of it. For what I can see, I think they're kinda rushing the show now. Too bad.
Apr 20, 2018 2:27 AM

May 2012
Most underrated anime in this season
Apr 20, 2018 2:39 AM

Mar 2017
That opening song is wasted on this anime!
Apr 20, 2018 3:49 AM

Mar 2018
Hmmm.. the moment Yuuga didn't release them as a slave i get the feeling that he's up to something. I do understand that if you're in that situation you wouldn't want to free them that easily tho
Apr 20, 2018 6:23 AM
Sep 2008
Jonesy974 said:

I might get some disagreement, but really Seiya did nothing wrong. Did he screw Ayaka over and play with her emotions and take her money? Yea sure...but that's his fucking job. He works as a host. It's literally his job to pretend to listen to you and make you fawn over him so you'll give him lots of money. It's like me giving a big tip to an Applebee's waitress and being pissed she doesnt fuck me later.

I'm going to guess that whore Julia is wearing an SCM too since Seiya bet on it. But what happens when he inevitably lets go? He was forbidden from taking bets, so does he get punished for doing it? Julia is a slave, but can a slave own a slave? Or does her win equal a win for her master?

This, but also how come he can even enter into a bet?
Isn't that supposed to be a 100 percent iron clad rule, that you cannot disobey what your master has told you. If participants can just disobey as they please, there's really no point.

Also, is do bets where there's only one winner even count as a bet? Wouldn't they have to agree that if she lets go first, that she looses.

I was intrigued by the idea, but characters lack depth and I don't do well with breaking game rules without getting explained why that's an exception, but maybe that's a part of a different episode?

This show could be interesting, but if it doesn't stick to it's own rules as such an early point, it could be pretty bad too.
Apr 20, 2018 7:10 AM

Nov 2014
It was erm.... unremarkable? It's not good, but it isn't terrible either.

I'm hoping Eiya and Ayaka are a set-up to something bigger, none of them were particularly interesting. They had their motivations, but that seemed to have been crushed. Neither are the 2 main characters actually. It'll be clear how the show will end up is once the core group of main characters are established and the motivation of Yuuga is revealed.

Also whenever they decide to bring back the girl who got raped by the creepy weirdo will probably be a great moment, probably the most promising character so far.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 20, 2018 7:14 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Pretty average but i felt bad for Seiya.
Apr 20, 2018 11:37 AM

Mar 2018
I actually liked this episode.
Apr 20, 2018 12:44 PM

Apr 2016
I feel like this is actually pretty solid, and I think the story is interesting. It's two characters going around dueling people for fun, and on their way they're going to encounter some pretty crazy and strange people. What's not to like?
[
Apr 20, 2018 12:58 PM
Mar 2016
poor Sieya , he becomes a bitch to that eye patch loli,Ayaka Toshima, so Sieya is a male host or to put it simply a man whore. OOOOOHOHOHOHOOOOO shit we didn't get to see Ayaka's fanservice and Seiya giving her a licking down her was boring. I wonder how can Ayaka afford a man whore like Seiya in the first place if she is working a couple of part-time jobs???????
Apr 20, 2018 2:53 PM

Jan 2013
i'm not too fond of seeing women getting bitchpunched by narcissistic guys. as for the braces, couldn't the slave just ask someone uninvolved to remove it. having a psychological breakdown can't be that bad coz on the long run you would gradually recover and the obligational aftermath by the device would eventually wear off too. then again the loopholes in this anime are all over the place so what do i know? might drop it if the 3rd episode turns out to be boring like this.
Apr 20, 2018 3:52 PM

Apr 2018
Whoahoho said:
poor Sieya , he becomes a bitch to that eye patch loli,Ayaka Toshima, so Sieya is a male host or to put it simply a man whore. OOOOOHOHOHOHOOOOO shit we didn't get to see Ayaka's fanservice and Seiya giving her a licking down her was boring. I wonder how can Ayaka afford a man whore like Seiya in the first place if she is working a couple of part-time jobs???????

'You know I worked multiple works for you,Seiya'
*pulls up skirt*
'I command you-eat me out.'
'She's worked real hard for you.'
*pulls skirt up even more*
'Give her the praise she deserves.'
From what I understood she was selling her body so that she can afford Seiya's company.Basically she was selling her body in real world so that she can keep on living in a 'dream' with Seiya.I take it as he was her escape from reality.Though they did not say if she was selling her body before she met Seiya,or only started after so that she can keep her 'dream' alive.

About episode itself,I found it enjoyable.
I don't think either Seiya nor Ayaka are complete trash,but both of them do have their faults.
What makes me dislike Seiya is that he wanted to use SCM on Ayaka so that she would keep giving him money because he did not want to do his job properly and treat her like someone special(which hosts are supposed to do,as long as they are working that job and in their workplace).Everything would have been as it has up until now if only he did not try to trick her.
Personally,I feel like the only one he wanted to treat like someone special is his girlfriend,Julia but even then what he tried to do is not right.He is a host,his job is to create dreams/illusions for costumers by treating them as if they are special to him.If he disliked it that much he could have quit but then again he is a #1 host,letting go of all the money he could earn is not easy.He wanted everything but ended up losing most of things he had before instead without gaining anything.

dolledupApr 20, 2018 4:17 PM
Apr 20, 2018 5:22 PM

Sep 2016
Ehhhhh, not really sure about this anime. Its not bad, but its not good either. Just feels rather bland. I don't like any of the characters or their designs, the world building is rather meh and weak aside from the device they use. Music doesn't stand out either and the twist on how they win the game doesn't feel that much of an impact.

I dunno, think I may drop this or give it 1 more episode. Not that impressed at all and find it forgettable.
Apr 20, 2018 8:14 PM

Aug 2013
Skaya said:
Jonesy974 said:

This, but also how come he can even enter into a bet?
Isn't that supposed to be a 100 percent iron clad rule, that you cannot disobey what your master has told you. If participants can just disobey as they please, there's really no point.

Also, is do bets where there's only one winner even count as a bet? Wouldn't they have to agree that if she lets go first, that she looses.

I was intrigued by the idea, but characters lack depth and I don't do well with breaking game rules without getting explained why that's an exception, but maybe that's a part of a different episode?

This show could be interesting, but if it doesn't stick to it's own rules as such an early point, it could be pretty bad too.

Yea that's the thing, you know she's wearing a SCM...because predictable plot convenience, but there's just too many holes for that to make sense. If the device sends signals to the brain, then technically "yea, I'd bet on that" shouldnt even be able to come out of his mouth. Is he allowed to bet because she hasn't revealed that she's wearing one.

And yea, you bring up a good point. It isnt even really a true bet because it's one-sided. If she rips her hand away from his, then technically he loses since he let go, since no rules were established.

I kind of hope it's a fake out though, because now that I think about it when he opened the map just as she showed up she wasnt on the map, meaning she 100% shouldnt not have had her SCM in her mouth. As a slave she can have it out for short periods of time, so perhaps it's just a trick or maybe an attempt to get him riled up.
Apr 20, 2018 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
dolledup said:
Whoahoho said:

'You know I worked multiple works for you,Seiya'
*pulls up skirt*
'I command you-eat me out.'
'She's worked real hard for you.'
*pulls skirt up even more*
'Give her the praise she deserves.'
From what I understood she was selling her body so that she can afford Seiya's company.Basically she was selling her body in real world so that she can keep on living in a 'dream' with Seiya.I take it as he was her escape from reality.Though they did not say if she was selling her body before she met Seiya,or only started after so that she can keep her 'dream' alive.

About episode itself,I found it enjoyable.
I don't think either Seiya nor Ayaka are complete trash,but both of them do have their faults.
What makes me dislike Seiya is that he wanted to use SCM on Ayaka so that she would keep giving him money because he did not want to do his job properly and treat her like someone special(which hosts are supposed to do,as long as they are working that job and in their workplace).Everything would have been as it has up until now if only he did not try to trick her.
Personally,I feel like the only one he wanted to treat like someone special is his girlfriend,Julia but even then what he tried to do is not right.He is a host,his job is to create dreams/illusions for costumers by treating them as if they are special to him.If he disliked it that much he could have quit but then again he is a #1 host,letting go of all the money he could earn is not easy.He wanted everything but ended up losing most of things he had before instead without gaining anything.

I actually didnt think about that when I first watched it, but it's definitely a possibility. I just kind of assumed that she was referencing her pussy in the third person there in the moment since she wanted him to eat her out. I didnt stop to think that "she's been working hard" might have been literal. She said she worked 3 jobs so I just took that at face value.
Apr 20, 2018 9:53 PM

Mar 2009
lol at that crazy girl making the host eat her out. Wild show.

Those two are terrible people. They clearly deserve each other. Even though Seiya and Ayaka were exaggerated, since this is anime and all, their customer-Host relationship was believable. Host clubs are seedy and manipulative. I remember watching an intriguing documentary called "The Great Happiness Space" on Netflix. It's all about the dark side of Host clubs. The hosts get paid good money to emotionally manipulate and fawn all over their customers. And yeah, some of them feel terrible about it, but top hosts make a shitload of money. So, they're obviously going to keep doing it. To their own detriment sometimes, as they get alcohol poisoning from drinking an unhealthy amount of champagne a night, and they sometimes can get obsessive customers(like Ayaka here). Host clubs can attract very lonely women, and they develop unhealthy relationships with their favorite host; they actually think their host has true feelings for them, and they obsessively fall in love with their host and waste their money. It's all kind of sad, honestly. And hostess clubs aren't much different probably, even if it's the reverse.

So, hey, props to this anime for showing the dark side of host clubs. It's not all fun and games like anime always makes it out to be.
Apr 20, 2018 10:59 PM
Sep 2008
Mormegil said:
Even though Seiya and Ayaka were exaggerated, since this is anime and all, their customer-Host relationship was believable. Host clubs are seedy and manipulative. I remember watching an intriguing documentary called "The Great Happiness Space" on Netflix. It's all about the dark side of Host clubs. The hosts get paid good money to emotionally manipulate and fawn all over their customers. And yeah, some of them feel terrible about it, but top hosts make a shitload of money. So, they're obviously going to keep doing it. To their own detriment sometimes, as they get alcohol poisoning from drinking an unhealthy amount of champagne a night, and they sometimes can get obsessive customers(like Ayaka here). Host clubs can attract very lonely women, and they develop unhealthy relationships with their favorite host; they actually think their host has true feelings for them, and they obsessively fall in love with their host and waste their money. It's all kind of sad, honestly. And hostess clubs aren't much different probably, even if it's the reverse.

So, hey, props to this anime for showing the dark side of host clubs. It's not all fun and games like anime always makes it out to be.

Yes, believable, but host and caba is not that simple. There's a lot more complex factors.

Yakuza being involved, depts needed to be paid. Usually the stereotype host loving girl is selling her body, either at soaps or all out places, depending on how addicted she is, but there are exceptions.
Keep in mind that host clubs, compared to caba, is a lot cheaper, unless you order champaigne towers, etc. You can get all you can drink 1 to 2 hour newcomer offers for 1000 yen (9.5$) and sometimes free. Most of those places, you are "new" again after a few months and considering the amount of clubs, you can keep going like that, using almost no money.
Most of the hosts are pretty simple minded and easy to read. Compared to caba, that mostly focus on getting your money, a lot of hosts would rather get into bed with you, although of course some of them are a bit more scheming.

Having girlfriends is of course hidden since, like boy bands, it's bad for business. A lot of customers do just go there to talk to someone who listens. Others go there for a part time lover with no strings attached. Others go there because it's cheap and great service.

Something I find quite unlikely is them walking up to her table though, especially her being a VIP.
If you try to join others, it is very bad manners and you would likely be stopped; it's not a regular bar. Plus, when you go in, a host accompanies you to your empty table and once you choose your menu, new hosts arrive, plus, there's hosts all around and toilet breaks, you are accompanied to the door, so sneaking away shouldn't be an option.
Also, although men are sometimes allowed in with other women, it's rare and sometimes require you know someone working there.

In regards to shitloads of money, then that's the few. Yes, some hosts are good at their job, but a lot aren't and many of them live in very poor conditions, grouped together with other hosts. Trying to get out can also be a no go for many of them, of course depending on their luck in choosing job and previous situations, but..
Apr 21, 2018 12:05 AM

Oct 2008
Turning someone into your slave but not actually making use of them...so what's the point? for sure releasing them won't make them your allies in case you got unlucky and you lost to someone and its very unlikely for them to lend a hand for you to be released as well...this is kinda confusing...
3/5.

Apr 21, 2018 8:49 AM

Aug 2016
Thumbs up for this episode ;) I like this anime
Apr 21, 2018 8:52 AM

Mar 2012
I didn't feel bad for Seiya in the slightest, he certainly deserved that for using Ayaka as his ATM. But Ayaka didn't turn out to be any better either. Both are just as bad. First episode was interesting but this felt boring.
Apr 21, 2018 9:14 AM
Jun 2016
The plot has potential but all the characters are so trashy :/ I don't know whether to continue watching or not. This episode you can watch Elizabeth from kuroshitsuji as a psycho, screaming to a host "I command you to do blah blah blah" as if he is sebastian...
Apr 21, 2018 1:44 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Shirosune said:
This anime almost seems like NTR: The animation..

I bet this Julia is wearing an SCM right now, the whole "if you let go of my hand you lose"

This poor guy is just going to be a slave passed around forever huh?

Yupp, question is can she do it being a slave ? Suposing she is one.
Apr 21, 2018 4:26 PM

Jul 2015
Welp, this got even lewder than the first episode. And way more interesting with a new, not so happy couple making their introduction. And we've also got another example of how an SCM can ruin a person. And so far this anime is... meh... thats about it... just meh.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 21, 2018 10:48 PM
Mar 2012
So it's possible to get multiple slaves, but didnt say if multiple masters is possible. Like in Beatless multiple master exists but there's extra rules on that.
Show depends how well the master slave mind games play out, could get confusing or cop out. Also most characters are unlikable trash.
Apr 22, 2018 5:02 AM

Jan 2016
I think this is a bit better than the first episode. Felt bad for Seiya, that yellow haired chick with the eyepatch was pretty dumb and also ordered him to eat her out? Okay then... Waif-.... Also the last chick is T H I C C A F
Apr 22, 2018 10:20 PM
Jun 2017
I LOVE THIS EPISODE!!! SORRY for seiya that Julia found another master already!!!

*and for ayaka, she uses tge SCM so that she will be with him forever. Sad to her she paid the price. After what she have done to seiya, they both lose in a duel thus relasing seiya from her and in the end they just became a slave of another master... hahaha
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorei-ku The Animation Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

21 by tenntenn »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:28 PM

Poll: » Dorei-ku The Animation Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Inexplicable »»
Jan 3, 2023 10:13 AM

Poll: » Dorei-ku The Animation Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17, 2018

36 by Inexplicable »»
Dec 31, 2022 1:28 PM

Poll: » Dorei-ku The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2018

86 by Inexplicable »»
Dec 31, 2022 9:58 AM

Poll: » Dorei-ku The Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2018

48 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 20, 2022 3:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.