Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 4, 2017 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, I found this episode kinda cute.

We got Tennouji back to his school life days again. Cute to see Kotori as a kid! This episode felt lighthearted until the battle in the second half. Oh Tennouji just can't ever catch a break this season, can he?

Definitely felt this episode was more different than the others so far. The Terra Arc is among us!
Stark700Feb 4, 2017 6:53 AM
Feb 4, 2017 7:02 AM

Sep 2015
No "Rewrite" OP for Rewrite anime

this episode up to Pero

can finally see parent's face

Into the Internet!
Feb 4, 2017 8:50 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Pretty solid I think. Terra shouldn't be that hard to adapt on paper admittedly but still pretty good. Should also be a lot less confusing for anime-only viewers than Moon was
Feb 4, 2017 8:57 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode.

The opening scene with Koutarou in what looked like some kind of military operation came out of nowhere. People were even calling him Bond? What? xD

Thank goodness for the flashback since that was pretty easy to follow.
So since Koutarou no longer gets stabbed by Kagari and rescued by Kotori in this timeline, he grows up normally and is hence older than all the girls. Kid Kotori and Akane were really cute.
Gotta admit that Koutarou's personality here is a little darker, especially noticeable when he kills the UMA's, I like it though. xD

Damn, Kid Kotori is absolutely savage. XD I did like how she influenced Kotarou with the whole quitting Martel and Pero incident. Looking forward to see what happens.
Feb 4, 2017 9:03 AM
Mar 2012
Felt no rushed, I like how Kotaro is being more bad ass. Ahh old man appeared... it will happen :( Glad to see tera is good.
Feb 4, 2017 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
This was a pretty good start to kick in for the episode, we're right now at Terra Route or Terra Arc, whatever people may call it. The pacing was fast indeed when its on paper, but when it was translated I didn't found anything missing per say. They did it pretty nicely in fact.

There's a bit of "going back" into this which knowing me I'll pretty much break when we get to the bigger shit, but note the beginning of this arc is mostly buildup towards what's coming.

The way they also managed Kotarou's personality or the way the script was done was pretty nice of course to be honest, it also gave the entire

Also, this is the first time (for VN readers) that we get to see how Iko, Kotarou's Parents and Pero looks like in reality. Pero looks adorable though and same with Iko, though Iko in here was pretty hilarious. Kotarou's parents looks pretty weird though but I think they look nice.

My only issue with this episode is probably some few noticeable derps in here, but aside from that this episode was pretty damn good, and a good start for Terra's Route because... Terra is amazing in my eyes.
Feb 4, 2017 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Pretty good episode.

The opening scene with Koutarou in what looked like some kind of military operation came out of nowhere. People were even calling him Bond? What? xD

So since Koutarou no longer gets stabbed by Kagari and rescued by Kotori in this timeline, he grows up normally and is hence older than all the girls. Kid Kotori and Akane were really cute.
Gotta admit that Koutarou's personality here is a little darker, especially noticeable when he kills the UMA's, I like it though. xD

Damn, Kid Kotori is absolutely savage. XD I did like how she influenced Kotarou with the whole quitting Martel and Pero incident. Looking forward to see what happens.

About the "Bond" thing. You will probably see why at the later episodes along with the explanation of why they called him Bond. :3

and Kotori is pretty savage indeed, that's why she's good, even as a kid. :P
Feb 4, 2017 9:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Does Kotarou not want to get attached? Sure seems like it.

Kotori and Pero ;_;
Feb 4, 2017 9:16 AM

Jan 2015
This episode was so AMAZING from start to finish. Kotarou in military <3. New OP is so bonkers, i was so hyped. And the full ED devoted to one and only Kotarou Wooo.
Little Akane is so cute <3 Kotarou parents are not very likable o_o I was expecting his father to be second Kotarou :(
Earth-saving hunter Ahhh. Kotarou letting the monster suck his blood was so amazing. We got to see young Guardians. Esaka looked sick young. Like him.
Young Yoshino tho was the most funniest moment, i was laughing pretty hard :D
Little Kotori is so pretty <3 and she has amazing personality.
Anyway super excited for next episode and for Kotarou leaving Martel, interesting what will happen next.

Btw Deadman Wonderland anyone? :P
Feb 4, 2017 9:18 AM

Jan 2016
Without 3D brutes Rewrite looks daaamn good. Freaking 3D!
Copacetic work on setting awesome atmosphere; love it so much. New op and ed are astonishing, as well. Niceu! Niceu! Verrry niceuu!
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my fapping's...
Feb 4, 2017 9:25 AM

Aug 2012
LUIS!!! That OP, maaaaaaaan.

Everything about this was, as expected, soo much better. When it's a little quicker like this Kotarou's edgyness stands out more, which I'm sure will get hate but I think they did a good job with it. Wasn't near as nostalgic in an unsettling way as the corresponding VN parts, but they still have time to build a little more on that.

Chibi Akane is <3, and Kotori is as savage as she should be, same with poor Pero.. Chibi yoshino was the best though. "what kind of rock do you listen to?"
Feb 4, 2017 9:28 AM

Nov 2016
Loli Akane was so adorable~ I love her so much ~
Dammit, episode was great, I'm so hyped up! Dammit, Rewrite, why right before my tests start? Everything was great, I didn't love the ED too much but OP is so cool!

« If you want to be yourself, then you must become strong and beautiful. »
- Vil Schoenheit
🕂Anime List🕂Manga List🕂VN List🕂
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Feb 4, 2017 9:29 AM

Jun 2013
Fucking perfect. 8bit is nailing it.

The OP is hype, but holy shit that ED...i got the chills.

5/5
Feb 4, 2017 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
Eienatsu said:
VN reader.

The pacing was pretty good and I can't recall anything major that was cut out. Though, I wish they showed more lines from little Yoshino since it would have explained more why he ended up an outlaw.

I hope they stay consistent for what's to come. All they have to do is copy & paste the VN and find a way to adapt the many "choices" and I'll be destroyed by the end of Terra.

I might be a minority here but I absolutely love Douchtarou and how cold Kotori is. Looking forward to more BONDO aka Best Kotarou!

... I like Douchtarou too xD though I HATED ONE SCENE FROM HIS END. And I will say this. I HATED THE (SPOILER ALERT)

But that was still good though xD

Btw BONDO!!!
Feb 4, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2012
So strange that this anime always throws you in just like it's nothing, well i asked the question about Kotarou and Kotori's relationship for the previous episode so i'll wait for the next answers (why doesn't Kotarou remember Akane and vice versa, and same goes to the Hunters and if it's because of the accident and Kotori reviving him, Akane could've (mb she was too small) then just Hunters should've remembered him, i thought it's because it's another storyline/world, but i really don't feel that's right). Again i hope that all will be answered soon.
I think it's really worth to mention that little Akane was so cute =/
Well i thought that this episode was pretty dark and with that in mind i don't think i should expect happy ending, or mb it's quite opposite that with how well all the previous lines went it ended as a bad/sad ending so there's some kind of hope.
allenjkeFeb 4, 2017 9:42 AM
Feb 4, 2017 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
Symphyon said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Pretty good episode.

About the "Bond" thing. You will probably see why at the later episodes along with the explanation of why they called him Bond. :3

and Kotori is pretty savage indeed, that's why she's good, even as a kid. :P

I'll look forward to the "Bond" reveals. xD
Feb 4, 2017 9:53 AM
Aug 2013
allenjke said:
So strange that this anime always throws you in just like it's nothing, well i asked the question about Kotarou and Kotori's relationship for the previous episode so i'll wait for the next answers (why doesn't Kotarou remember Akane and vice versa, and same goes to the Hunters and if it's because of the accident and Kotori reviving him, Akane could've (mb she was too small) then just Hunters should've remembered him, i thought it's because it's another storyline/world, but i really don't feel that's right). Again i hope that all will be answered soon.
I think it's really worth to mention that little Akane was so cute =/
Well i thought that this episode was pretty dark and with that in mind i don't think i should expect happy ending, or mb it's quite opposite that with how well all the previous lines went it ended as a bad/sad ending so there's some kind of hope.

The questions you have have already been answered in the first season, so I'll just remind you. Yes, Kotarou doesn't remember little Akane because of the accident he had, and Akane remembers him a little (she isn't so small she wouldn't remember him, there's another reason said later). And the Hunters, for example Esaka, they DO remember him, in the 13th episode when Kotarou fights against Esaka, he says some things that make that clear now.
Feb 4, 2017 10:17 AM

Jul 2012
@Rodielx Thanks for reminding, i assume that the accindent affected his whole childhood memory and that he doesn't question it, but just don't remember something like that was said in the first season or i shoud've come up with it myself because a lot of stuff in this anime is quite confusing (without VN mb).
And about Esaka wasn't paying attention i guess or it wasn't sticking out very clear.
Feb 4, 2017 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
allenjke said:
(why doesn't Kotarou remember Akane and vice versa, and same goes to the Hunters and if it's because of the accident and Kotori reviving him, Akane could've (mb she was too small) then just Hunters should've remembered him,

Watch the scene when Imamiya bumps into Kotarou in S1 episode 4 its clear he knows who he is
Feb 4, 2017 10:18 AM

Jun 2015
5/5 episode perfect and Kotori was Cute.
@murasa22 I took ''some'' screenshots you might like
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 4, 2017 10:28 AM

Jun 2013
Takamura-sama said:

Nice! Loli Kotori is the cutest thing.

Can't wait for when they meet Kagari tho
Feb 4, 2017 10:31 AM

Jun 2015
Murasa22 said:
Takamura-sama said:

Nice! Loli Kotori is the cutest thing.

Can't wait for when they meet Kagari tho

Same <3 Kotori is the cutest thing in every anime imo
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Feb 4, 2017 10:40 AM
Dec 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Pretty solid I think. Terra shouldn't be that hard to adapt on paper admittedly but still pretty good. Should also be a lot less confusing for anime-only viewers than Moon was

Yea, I, anime-only viewer, feel like it's gonna be rather straight-forward now :) nice episode to set up the new arc atmosphere with known characters, cannot wait to see the development!

Just where in the timeline is supposed to sit the first scene before the OP when he was a soldier?!

And he somehow already met Kagari at the bottom of the big tree :) And I guess those creatures weren't around for no reason!!
Feb 4, 2017 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
Eienatsu said:
Symphyon said:

... I like Douchtarou too xD though I HATED ONE SCENE FROM HIS END. And I will say this. I HATED THE (SPOILER ALERT)

But that was still good though xD

Btw BONDO!!!

Yeah, I might really be a minority because I thought that scene was badass too.

Feb 4, 2017 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Arikado- said:
Eienatsu said:

Yeah, I might really be a minority because I thought that scene was badass too.

Feb 4, 2017 11:31 AM

Jun 2015
Very nice episode. The beginning was interesting. Looks like he's in the military and his name is Bond lol The flashback was great. Got to see young Kotarou, Kotori, Akane, and Yoshino. It was nice of Kotarou to find Pero. He quit Martel afterwards. His personality is very different.
Feb 4, 2017 11:44 AM
Jan 2014
Feels a bit too fast paced and lots of transitions between scenes, but it shows everything it needs to show. I approve
Feb 4, 2017 11:49 AM

Jan 2015
Symphyon said:
Arikado- said:

Feb 4, 2017 12:37 PM
Mar 2016
You know, I'm now having a hard time of understanding this, is Tennoji in another reality or was it his true past?
Feb 4, 2017 12:38 PM

Dec 2012
Whoahoho said:
You know, I'm now having a hard time of understanding this, is Tennoji in another reality or was it his true past?
This is his true past.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Feb 4, 2017 12:39 PM

May 2010
This Koutarou is so emo I ended up laughing when he was like I have no friends to Esaka and then he became homodachis with him

This Kotori is so damn arrogant, I like

They are so different from their usual personalities, but the bond is as interesting.

I liked this episode but God Koutarou was so emo
Guess we can expect lots of Kotori and Akane for now (which is great coz my favorite characters)
TragicRomanceFeb 4, 2017 12:42 PM
Feb 4, 2017 1:17 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
TragicRomance said:
This Koutarou is so emo I ended up laughing when he was like I have no friends to Esaka and then he became homodachis with him

This Kotori is so damn arrogant, I like

They are so different from their usual personalities, but the bond is as interesting.

I liked this episode but God Koutarou was so emo
Guess we can expect lots of Kotori and Akane for now (which is great coz my favorite characters)
Felt the same way as you.....Dude would fit right in with the inmates of Deadman Wonderland lol

Interesting how this route has him much older than the other girls, plus I loved his interactions will little Kotori and Yoshino
Feb 4, 2017 2:03 PM

Jun 2013
Ishkoten said:
Whoahoho said:
This is his true past.

actually its his true past but in another timeline (the new one they made at Moon)

just watch episode 16 again and you will understand
Feb 4, 2017 2:05 PM
Feb 2008
Murasa22 said:
Ishkoten said:
This is his true past.

actually its his true past but in another timeline (the new one they made at Moon)

just watch episode 16 again and you will understand

Not correct.

Feb 4, 2017 2:58 PM

May 2015
Lol, these different personalities. Gotta get used to that. Little Akane was so cute though.

Feb 4, 2017 3:09 PM

Sep 2015
I have no idea if this spoiler or not
Into the Internet!
Feb 4, 2017 3:29 PM

Aug 2015
Why is 8bit really shitty with VN adaptions but fully capable of making some fantastic OPs?
Feb 4, 2017 3:34 PM
Jul 2018
ListAandM said:
I have no idea if this spoiler or not

Not really a spoiler considering they outright showed it in S1 and S2 though, it's just not explained to the fullest but it was enough at least.
Feb 4, 2017 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
_Kairu_ said:
Why is 8bit really shitty with VN adaptions but fully capable of making some fantastic OPs?

Not really sure as to why? (tho I think more specific at least for me: Why is 8bit pretty incapable of making good S1s but can with a sequel? (at least with ya know, VNs)
Feb 4, 2017 3:46 PM

Jan 2012
So he's now several years older than the girls and his old friends? Sure, why not? XD Poor Kotori and her dog. :(
Feb 4, 2017 3:59 PM

Apr 2012
The new OP does a good job at showcasing Kazamatsuri Bond's badassery (and his treacherous nature, of course). The episode itself was rather good, though pacing and direction issues are still here. Luckily, it seems this time we're getting just enough episodes to do the Terra route justice.
Restless_HeroFeb 4, 2017 4:12 PM
Feb 4, 2017 4:17 PM

Jul 2013
animefan8800 said:
So he's now several years older than the girls and his old friends? Sure, why not? XD Poor Kotori and her dog. :(

He was older than them from the start, but in season 1 he looks their age because when Kotori revived him with her druid powers, it delayed his aging process heavily.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Feb 4, 2017 4:19 PM

Jan 2012
sanata50lbsb said:
animefan8800 said:

He was older than them from the start, but in season 1 he looks their age because when Kotori revived him with her druid powers, it delayed his aging process heavily.

Oh okay. That literally changes absolutely nothing for me, but okay. XD
Feb 4, 2017 5:10 PM

Jun 2013
Just in case if someone didn't notice:

Feb 4, 2017 8:26 PM

Dec 2013
I really like that new op!

Strong start. I love Kotori as a kid!
Feb 4, 2017 9:07 PM

Dec 2011
Lelouch0202 said:

Not really
Feb 4, 2017 9:18 PM

Sep 2014
This arc seems much better than the first one, I actually almost dropped the anime because the last arc was so confusing but this one will definitely keep me watching.

Also that opening was really good and made Kotarou seem a bit OP which is exactly what I want, and the episode itself kinda confirmed that :D
Feb 4, 2017 10:32 PM
Oct 2016
senoy2 said:
This arc seems much better than the first one, I actually almost dropped the anime because the last arc was so confusing but this one will definitely keep me watching.

Also that opening was really good and made Kotarou seem a bit OP which is exactly what I want, and the episode itself kinda confirmed that :D

If you found Moon Arc confusing, you will need to rewatch it again. Each detail was important there to understand what is actually happening, why the world ended in Season 1, and why this is ultimately called Rewrite.
Feb 4, 2017 11:43 PM

Mar 2009
Interesting how all the girls are young now. They're cute.
Feb 5, 2017 12:42 AM

Dec 2011
Nekodev said:
the whole thing with the environment and the loli girls. guess that's what i get for being an anime-only viewer

IF you pay attention to the previous episode I am sure you can understand it...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2017

182 by White_Alice »»
Dec 16, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.