Forum Settings
Forums
New
What do you think?
Jan 2, 2017 1:16 PM
Aug 2016
Is it wussy-alike? Please, be honest. 3:

Do you cry while watching anime, and what do you think about it?
I, for once, cried while watching Anohana... Does that make me a wuzzzzz?
Not in my opinion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 2, 2017 1:19 PM

May 2016
Nah, don't worry xD

I have felt sad watching some anime, but I think I have never cried xD
The only things I have cried with are videogames and books lel
Jan 2, 2017 1:20 PM
Aug 2016
Kotoneko-chan said:
Nah, don't worry xD

I mean, I never bursted out in tears... Just a bit. Sometimes, I try to cry, but I can't, because I'm trying. .-. Logic.
Jan 2, 2017 1:20 PM

Dec 2015
Bruh don't worry, I cried at AnoHana too, it's normal.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 2, 2017 1:21 PM
Aug 2016
That's quite a relieve! ^-^ I'm not a wuzz. :3
Jan 2, 2017 1:23 PM
Aug 2016
Suncokreten said:
Crying while watching anime is normal. It just means that you're more emotional than others or that you can relate to the characters really well. I have only cried while watching Clannad and it's my favourite anime.
I'm going to watch it soon... But, I see spoilers everywhere, with no filter! I am fortunate enough to look away or scroll away.
Jan 2, 2017 1:24 PM
Feb 2016
change 'wussy' to 'pussy' and that's what i think of people who cry while watching anime. y'all need to learn to grow a pair of big giant-ass sweaty balls
Jan 2, 2017 1:25 PM
Aug 2016
Shoegum said:
change 'wussy' to 'pussy' and that's what i think of people who cry while watching anime. y'all need to learn to grow a pair of big giant-ass sweaty balls

Hey, everyone doesn't have balls! Don't you start talking about reproductive organs and shaming them! Bad! *Joke*
Jan 2, 2017 1:26 PM

May 2016
Pyravia said:
Kotoneko-chan said:
Nah, don't worry xD

I mean, I never bursted out in tears... Just a bit. Sometimes, I try to cry, but I can't, because I'm trying. .-. Logic.

The problem is sometimes I feel the drama in most anime is too forced, and almost unbelievable xD Plus, I tend to feel more attached to books/games characters. I don't know why xD
Jan 2, 2017 1:28 PM
Aug 2016
Suncokreten said:
Pyravia said:
I'm going to watch it soon... But, I see spoilers everywhere, with no filter! I am fortunate enough to look away or scroll away.

Don't let the slow start turn you away. The last few episodes of the second season are the best string of episodes I've ever seen.
I'll definitely check it! It's a promise!
Jan 2, 2017 1:30 PM

Apr 2014
I've rewatched Fairy Tail 4 times and I only cried the first two times.
Crying about other shows is kinda pathetic since it doesn't have the emotional scenes like FT where everyone bonds together.
But if you like being a little bitch, then I guess you could cry..
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Jan 2, 2017 1:30 PM

Mar 2016
Shoegum said:

watch out, folks. we've got a badass over here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2017 1:31 PM
Aug 2016
Prince said:
Crying about other shows is kinda pathetic since it doesn't have the emotional scenes like FT where everyone bonds together.

I like to cry for some reason. My inner self might be a sadist? Who knows... I just like to cry intentionally while watching anime... Sometimes, it's unintentional. Mostly...
Jan 2, 2017 1:32 PM

Jul 2016
I was choking on tears when watching AnoHana, otherwise I haven't cried at anything else anime wise. If something was portrayed well, I think it's a good thing that you're moved to tears. Shows that the hard work put into the series has had an impact.
Jan 2, 2017 1:36 PM
Aug 2016
cybernafisa said:
I was choking on tears when watching AnoHana, otherwise I haven't cried at anything else anime wise. If something was portrayed well, I think it's a good thing that you're moved to tears. Shows that the hard work put into the series has had an impact.
I gave it a nine out of ten. 9/10 It was really good.
Jan 2, 2017 1:38 PM

Mar 2013
I'm sure it's normal.

OT: What bothers me more is that i have never cried for any living being, only while watching anime.
Patiently waiting for the best day of my life, the day when i die.
Jan 2, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2016
The only times that I cry watching anime is when they win the final game in sports anime so they can go to nationals.Anyway my opinion but crying over romance or melodrama bs is hella gay.Also cried
Jan 2, 2017 1:39 PM
Aug 2016
Tranquill said:
I'm sure it's normal.

OT: What bothers me more is that i have never cried for any living being, only while watching anime.
I have cried over my love life. .3. More than anime... Disappointments.
Jan 2, 2017 1:42 PM
Mar 2013
Quite a lot of anime have made me cry. Clannad, AnoHana, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Gintama, Natsume Yuujinchou. I don't really think it's a bad thing, since those scenes were intended to invoke an emotional response of some kind.
Jan 2, 2017 1:44 PM
Aug 2016
JD2411 said:
Quite a lot of anime have made me cry. Clannad, AnoHana, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Gintama, Natsume Yuujinchou. I don't really think it's a bad thing, since those scenes were intended to invoke an emotional response of some kind.
We're in the same boat, y'know! ^-^ I am not a wuzz :3
Jan 2, 2017 1:47 PM

Oct 2012
Ah my bud. I cried at so many anime, sometimes I didn't even cry at sad scenes but also at romantic and cheesy scenes. I'm a huge crybaby but at least that shows me that I'm not dead inside... yet. orz
Jan 2, 2017 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
It might make you a wuss, but I am a proud one! :)
Jan 2, 2017 1:52 PM
Aug 2016
zomib said:
i cried with anohana, shigatsu wa kimi no uso, clannad after story, plastic memories and tokyo magnitude 8.0, so i think it's normal to cry xD
I didn't cry with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, as I didn't really like it as much as I'd expected.
Jan 2, 2017 1:57 PM

May 2016
I actually give good animes a extra score point if it manage to make me tear up
HyperLJan 2, 2017 2:11 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jan 2, 2017 1:58 PM
Aug 2016
HyperL said:
I actually give good animes extra score point if it manage to make me tear up
Oh really? Do you have examples of them? :P
Jan 2, 2017 2:07 PM
Aug 2016
joe_g7 said:
Bruh don't worry, I cried at AnoHana too, it's normal.
You heard that? :3 I'm normal, yay! Or am I? T-T
Jan 2, 2017 2:09 PM

May 2016
Pyravia said:
HyperL said:
I actually give good animes extra score point if it manage to make me tear up

The best example would be with the Assassin Classroom series that you're coincidentally currently watching. I gave the first season a 8/10 and was about to give the same score to the second season when a certain scene made me cry for like a minute. It was at that moment I just had to up my score by one, resulting in a 9/10.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jan 2, 2017 2:11 PM
Aug 2016
HyperL said:
Pyravia said:

The best example would be with the Assassin Classroom series that you're coincidentally currently watching. I gave the first season a 8/10 and was about to give the same score to the second season when a certain scene made me cry for like a minute. It was at that moment I just had to up my score by one, resulting in a 9/10.
Ahh... I see! ^-^ That anime is a bit out of my zone.
Jan 2, 2017 2:13 PM

Oct 2013
if crying while watching the end of Shakugan no Shana makes me a wuz I will gladly take on that title
Jan 2, 2017 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I remember a couple of shows that have made me shed tears.
Jan 2, 2017 2:15 PM
Aug 2016
0v33t1 said:
I think It's normal.
Happens to me pretty much only when watching romance anime though.
There are a few exceptions but can't remember them right now.

I can't remember all anime I've cried with, either.

Embarrassing confession: I cried to Naruto. 3:
Jan 2, 2017 2:19 PM

Dec 2010
Crying while watching kind of ruins the experience, but you can give way to the tears when it's over and you know you can't see that great anime for the first time again.
Jan 2, 2017 2:21 PM

May 2016
Pyravia said:
HyperL said:

Ahh... I see! ^-^ That anime is a bit out of my zone.

I get it, but it's the only anime that I cried to in a while...Also, I tried but I coudn't get as emotinally affected as I hopped for with AnoHana, did not cry for that one...
Jan 2, 2017 2:22 PM
Aug 2016
0v33t1 said:
Pyravia said:

I can't remember all anime I've cried with, either.

Embarrassing confession: I cried to Naruto. 3:

Oh, now I remember. I actually cried because of Obito's past.
TBH I would love to see more of Obito, Kakashi and Rin.
Shhhh~ No spoilers~ I've actually cried about 10 times to Naruto... When I hear the music, I think of Itachi 3: I try my hardest to cry, and it works actually.
Jan 2, 2017 2:42 PM
Aug 2016
_Poochyena_ said:
Shoegum said:

watch out, folks. we've got a badass over here.
That made burst out in laughter! Thank you! :P
Jan 2, 2017 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
It's one of the best experiences I look forward to in anime. I'm quite an easy victim regardless.

Proud to say I cried in both seasons of Clannad, Angel Beats!, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mawaru Penguindrum, Gunbuster, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Rose of Versailles, and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

If an anime didn't make me cry, or at least move me close to it, then it probably means I didn't connect to the characters well. Though I realize even if characters are well-written, doesn't imply the anime has to be sad/tragic; but it certainly means that perhaps the story didn't have the beats to leave an emotional impression. Which is okay I guess, and it can work sometimes, but in order to be exceptional to me, I seek those good cries.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 2, 2017 2:51 PM
Aug 2016
Shoryu said:
It's one of the best experiences I look forward to in anime. I'm quite an easy victim regardless.

Proud to say I cried in both seasons of Clannad, Angel Beats!, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mawaru Penguindrum, Gunbuster, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Rose of Versailles, and Revolutionary Girl Utena.

If an anime didn't make me cry, or at least move me close to it, then it probably means I didn't connect to the characters well. Though I realize even if characters are well-written, doesn't imply the anime has to be sad/tragic; but it certainly means that perhaps the story didn't have the beats to leave an emotional impression. Which is okay I guess, and it can work sometimes, but in order to be exceptional to me, I seek those good cries.
Good news! That doesn't make you a wuzz! ^-^ :3 I dunno what
Jan 2, 2017 5:22 PM

Feb 2013
i never cry while watching i always wait until the end of the episode
Jan 2, 2017 5:34 PM

Feb 2015
I started watching anime in 2014, and I never got the feels from movies/tv shows, etc... But once I got to Angel Beats, it broke me lol. Ever since watching Angel Beats, I get the feels to everything, it's like it struck a chord in me. And recently I finished Your Lie in April... my god I thought I was going to die
Jan 2, 2017 5:42 PM

Jun 2016
the only time i cried was wen i watched Les Misérables: Shoujo Cosette on TV wen i was a kid other than that i only get teary
Jan 2, 2017 5:43 PM
Sep 2016
I think is normal, Well thats what my opinion is I also cry when there is sad moments on my favorites Animes . so Dont worry yo not alone (~.~)^
Jan 2, 2017 6:29 PM

Dec 2012
There is nothing wrong with expressing your emotions. I haven't actually all-out cried per se but several anime have made me shed tears including:

KruszerJan 2, 2017 6:33 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Jan 2, 2017 6:31 PM

May 2015
I've cried more through happy moments than sad tbh...
Jan 2, 2017 7:59 PM

Feb 2010
It's called be empathetic and showing empathy. It's completely normal for anime, or anything in this world really,
to evoke emotions and then have a response to these emotions. To give your boring, standard psychological definition.

If you are, however, crying for other reasons such as...idk your waifu ending up with an anime man that has a chance with
her that is not you, then I would say...perhaps it is different. Not judging but might need to check motives for watching anime at that point.
Girls fall guilty for it too and I have many times in the past been extremely bitter about such scenarios. Fanfictions heal the heart, friends.

I will say I do regret writing them, though. Hey, whatever you do to make you sane again.
EarlCielJan 2, 2017 8:54 PM
Jan 2, 2017 8:05 PM

Mar 2016
Prince said:

Had to check your list and make sure you where joking about fairy tail being emotional
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2017 8:10 PM

Dec 2015
I was crying on my first time watching Say I Love You and Orange and only that two anime, not the romance or the love story that made me feel like crying but more like couple scenes of it just reminds me of some of my experience and regret(and this one not about love as well) in the past so..
Jan 2, 2017 8:32 PM

Jan 2013
Prince said:
So crying because its something your bias towards is okay? Come on dude, you can do better than that.
Jan 2, 2017 8:46 PM

Feb 2016
Why? Anohana is super emotional I've cried more than 5 times while watching the series. It's normal to cry while wat hing anime, I don't see any problem with it xd. But on the other hand, crying while watching every single anime is a problem xD. JUST PERSONAL OPINIONNNN
Jan 2, 2017 9:59 PM

Aug 2015
Grow some balls and stop crying, you'll be developing breasts soon enough.
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Jan 2, 2017 10:05 PM

Oct 2016
It's perfectly normal. I cried after watching Clannad: AS
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people "self-insert" with weak characters

Anjuro - Yesterday

26 by Anjuro »»
1 minute ago

» Good characters trapped in bad series.

Anjuro - May 29

47 by eblf2013 »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime surprised you the most?

jieanteater - Apr 4, 2023

43 by Asphiee »»
3 minutes ago

» Exploring Taste Shaming

-Indra - May 30

43 by PostMahouShoujo »»
24 minutes ago

» How accurate is your country and countrymen portrayed in Anime?

Dragevard - May 28

23 by APolygons2 »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.