Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever seen a dead body in real life?

New
Sep 3, 2015 5:15 AM

Jul 2015
If you have what were your thoughts at the time? I once saw a man lying face down on the ground down a narrow road not moving, at the time I was about 8 so It didn't register if I was older at the time I would've gone and inspected it. So anyway whats your experience? [Funerals don't count]
-this-is-the-endSep 3, 2015 8:13 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 3, 2015 5:16 AM

Dec 2012
Went to 2 or 3 funerals when I was younger. Don't remember thinking much of the events
Sep 3, 2015 5:17 AM

Aug 2013
I saw one not too long ago, i was walking on my way to school i saw a dead guy on a motorcycle accident, tho we were not allowed to go and sew closer because the cops are already on the scene.
Sep 3, 2015 5:17 AM
May 2015
In a funeral parlour, yes. Outside of that no.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net
Sep 3, 2015 5:21 AM

Jul 2015
pennymalubay said:
I saw one not too long ago, i was walking on my way to school i saw a dead guy on a motorcycle accident, tho we were not allowed to go and sew closer because the cops are already on the scene.
dayum
Sep 3, 2015 5:27 AM

Jan 2014
I remember a few years back, i was on the bus on my way home and i saw dead on the floor and lots of police were there.
Sep 3, 2015 5:30 AM
Apr 2013
3 dead bodies, all funerals. Nothing much except the whole ching chang chong thing and crying.
Sep 3, 2015 6:34 AM

Apr 2015
Often

Mostly seeing an accident, suicide, or my relatives dead body
WEABOO SCIENTIST
Sep 3, 2015 6:35 AM
Jul 2018
I've seen several times when I was a teen.. One of them was killed,
there was no doubt about it.. Victim was under white sheet and the only thing
I've seen is his pale hand covered in blood. It was early morning in subway,
in transition between stations.

Believe me or not, once I even had to call my parents from stationary phone in morgue.
I didn't know that my schoolmate's mother was working there. So when we entered
the morgue just because I needed to make phone call it was quite shocking for me.
Two things I still remember with horror and disgust - suffocating smell of formalin
and pale naked body with head covered on trolley in the corridor.

During my life I saw more bodies, one of them was 10 y. old girl tragically killed
in road accident, it happened near my house.
Sep 3, 2015 6:35 AM
Jun 2015
Nope. I've always been told if someone I had some sort of connection with died.
I never see the corpse, but seeing how people react to finding one in books, anime, movies, comics, manga and dramas, I don't think I want to know.
Sep 3, 2015 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
I've been to funerals for 3 or 4 times I think so yeah
Sep 3, 2015 6:42 AM

Jul 2015
kuuderu said:
I've seen several times when I was a teen.. One of them was killed,
there was no doubt about it.. Victim was under white sheet and the only thing
I've seen is his pale hand covered in blood. It was early morning in subway,
in transition between stations.

Believe me or not, once I even had to call my parents from stationary phone in morgue.
I didn't know that my schoolmate's mother was working there. So when we entered
the morgue just because I needed to make phone call it was quite shocking for me.
Two things I still remember with horror and disgust - suffocating smell of formalin
and pale naked body with head covered on trolley in the corridor.

During my life I saw more bodies, one of them was 10 y. old girl tragically killed
in road accident, it happened near my house.
brutal,man
Sep 3, 2015 6:52 AM

Aug 2008
when I was 8 I saw a motorcycle accident and the guy seemed to survive but took his helmet. as soon as he did that it seemed his head opened and he dropped dead.

when I was 10 my grandmother died in her bedroom and I was the one to notice it and to call my parents

two years ago (when I was 22) I went to see an autopsy as part of class.
If we even add people that are dead for a long time then...well I had a forensic anthropology class where we had to clean skeletons, guess their age, take measures....stuff like that

I don't remember thinking much in any of them. Death is something pretty normal in our daily lives and I didn't care for any of the people dying so, I couldn't really feel anything. I felt some amusement during the autopsy
LainSep 3, 2015 7:01 AM
絶対大丈夫だよ

Sep 3, 2015 6:54 AM
Jun 2015
Lain_ said:
when I was 8 I saw a motorcycle accident and the guy seemed to survive but took his helmet. as soon as he did that it seemed his head opened and he dropped dead.

when I was 10 my grandmother died in her bedroom and I was the one to notice it and to call my parents

two years ago (when I was 22) I went to see an autopsy as part of class.
If we even add people that are dead for a long time then...well I had a forensic anthropology class where we had to clean skeletons, guess their age, take measures....stuff like that

I don't remember thinking much in any of them. Death is something pretty normal in our daily lives and I didn't care for any of the people dying so, I couldn't really feel anything. I fell some amusement during the autopsy

Well, that's one traumatising childhood.
Sep 3, 2015 6:54 AM

Oct 2010
was gonna say my grand-dad but these people in this thread have seen too much
lots of music -
Sep 3, 2015 7:55 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm...I've seen lots of dead bodies. Violent deaths, deaths from old age. Accidents, gunfire. Some deaths that left a fine mist, some where a person was thrown to it.

So I won't bother listing them all.

Hell I'm not sure which ones to even list..

I would say the first violent Death I've seen was when I was seven. Long story short, man fucks farmers wife, man is shot right there in the road.

Other than that, all of my grandpaterns were dead minus one before I was 17. Most of the other family has died since then. Many stories there, and as I said I've seen more than a few violent deaths. They arn't things I forget, but I don't dwell on them, nor am I haunted by them.

Given issues in my life, those deaths have had different meanings for me. Mostly indifferent to it all. Some cases I was glad they died, as it ended the suffering they had in this world, or the disappointment in it. Some I was glad to see dead because of the suffering they caused.

But overall, Death is the ultimate justice, and a terrible, powerful thing.
Sep 3, 2015 8:02 AM

Sep 2014
I saw a dead guy laying in the road at night time in London once. I was pretty young at the time though, so I wasn't sure what to do, neither did my mother (who's always been a questionable role model mind you) who was with me at the time.
We just walked away, didn't report it to the police or any other authorities.

Saw another guy get killed by a car a couple of years ago.
Sep 3, 2015 8:02 AM
May 2015
Yeah, in a hospital. I was too young to remember it well though. Failed childbirth, he looked like a doll. Mother says I held his corpse for a bit, but I do not remember that.
Sep 3, 2015 8:07 AM

Jul 2015
SnugglyWhuggly said:
I saw a dead guy laying in the road at night time in London once. I was pretty young at the time though, so I wasn't sure what to do, neither did my mother (who's always been a questionable role model mind you) who was with me at the time.
We just walked away, didn't report it to the police or any other authorities.

Saw another guy get killed by a car a couple of years ago.
Lel thought I was the only british person on MAL.
Sep 3, 2015 8:09 AM

Sep 2014
-this-is-the-end said:
Lel thought I was the only british person on MAL.

You are. I am simply an illusion.
Sep 3, 2015 8:09 AM

Oct 2010
Do funerals even count? Most of the post here are pretty tame.

There was a guy in my apartment tower who jumped from a 10th floor window in his apartment. The window he tossed himself out of was adjacent from my kitchen window. So I glanced down when I was informed someone had committed suicide, and there he was in plain view cause the police hadn't arrived yet. His head cracked open lying on a pool of blood.
Sep 3, 2015 8:10 AM

Jan 2013
LibertyPrime said:

Thats a rather good question.
Sep 3, 2015 8:12 AM

Jul 2015
RedArmyShogun said:
LibertyPrime said:

Thats a rather good question.
finne I'll edit
Sep 3, 2015 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
I have not.
Sep 3, 2015 8:48 AM

Jul 2012
at a funeral yeah
Sep 3, 2015 8:49 AM

Jul 2012
From a distance, never up close, except at at a funeral.
Sep 3, 2015 8:53 AM
Jul 2018
Well if funerals don't count, then no. If animals other than humans count, then plenty.
Sep 3, 2015 8:55 AM
Jun 2015
AudioDruid said:
Well if funerals don't count, then no. If animals other than humans count, then plenty.

Oh god, in that case.. All my dogs died(I have a dog family)and now I'm stuck with a cat who is cute and fluffy at one moment, and the next I want to trade him for another pet.
Sep 3, 2015 8:57 AM

Jun 2015
I've seen some woman lying on the ground right after she got hit by a car (I haven't seen the accident itself, though). I think she was alive at the moment, but I never found out if she had survived later. Other than that, I don't recall seeing a dead human body.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Sep 3, 2015 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
JewellTH said:
AudioDruid said:

Oh god, in that case.. All my dogs died(I have a dog family)and now I'm stuck with a cat who is cute and fluffy at one moment, and the next I want to trade him for another pet.

In my family it's expected that you hunt. So I've seen and handled quite a few animal bodies. Obviously it's easier to detach yourself from animals so it never bothered me. Only one that I remember effecting me any was when I found my cat gored in our backyard because it was my cat and I was sad it was dead
Sep 3, 2015 9:09 AM

May 2009
Funeral wise yes.
Sep 3, 2015 9:30 AM

Jul 2014
Couple funerals, I was with my Grandma as she died a couple months ago, quite a sombre atmosphere but it didn't really hit me till later.
Sep 3, 2015 9:39 AM

Mar 2014
no and i hope i won't see any.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ask.fm My blog about me Past forum sets ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sep 3, 2015 12:04 PM

Oct 2012
About a 3 years ago I saw a car crash and 2 people were half covered up with some sort of cloth, their face and chests. I was in a car so I only got a quick look and wasn't very phased by it.
Sep 3, 2015 12:06 PM

Jul 2012
Well in high school a boy got stabbed while fighting and i happened to see his blood. It was scary and really really sad :(
Sep 3, 2015 12:10 PM

Jun 2011
Yeah. I've seen a lot of shit. I've seen a dismembered body of a woman. It was a crime scene of hit and run crime. The entire street was covered in blood.

Where I used to live, people even got shot because some bald thug didn't like their face.

Sep 3, 2015 12:10 PM

Jun 2013
I worked as a paramedic for 4 years so I've seen more than most. I didn't really feel anything other than frustration sometimes, a sense of defeat others, sometimes both. Some sadness, especially when it was a child.
Sep 3, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
Saw a dead body after a car crash. It was just lying there on the road cut up with glass and bruised. Didn't make much of an impact.
Sep 3, 2015 12:38 PM
Sep 2014
There was a dead cat in my front yard 2 weeks ago :(
Sep 3, 2015 4:11 PM
Aug 2014
Yea, I saw a poor little girl who fell from the 4th floor when I was 7 or something like that. I felt so bad for her and her parents...
Sep 3, 2015 5:53 PM
Jun 2015
Caticia1 said:
Well in high school a boy got stabbed while fighting and i happened to see his blood. It was scary and really really sad :(

Your forum avatar fits with this so much.
Sep 3, 2015 5:54 PM

Jan 2014
I've seen skeletons... Millions of them... In the Paris catacombs... It's pretty unreal, I was completely unprepared for it
Sep 3, 2015 7:49 PM

Feb 2015
LibertyPrime said:

There was a guy in my apartment tower who jumped from a 10th floor window in his apartment. The window he tossed himself out of was adjacent from my kitchen window. So I glanced down when I was informed someone had committed suicide, and there he was in plain view cause the police hadn't arrived yet. His head cracked open lying on a pool of blood.

What would the reason possibly be? Girlfriend dumped him? Is broke?

There's really no genuine reason possible for a human to suicude. His death is more of a joke.. I feel no sympathy towards him.
Hello
Sep 3, 2015 7:51 PM

Apr 2014
[center][size=90]Saw Mao Zedong's embalmed body when I was a little kid visiting China

By far one of the creepiest things I've ever seen in my life
I couldn't sleep for weeks after seeing it, and then had recurring nightmares following that period

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Sep 3, 2015 7:51 PM

Jan 2015
I once volunteered at a homeless shelter, I went out back in the allyway to take a snack and saw a dead homeless man in the corner. Just leaned against the wall, had my snack while observing him to make sure he was really dead and not asleep. Went in and told the manager. Didnt get close. Wasnt bloody or traumatic at all.
Sep 3, 2015 8:19 PM

Jul 2014
I haven't even been to a funeral yet
Sep 3, 2015 8:25 PM

Oct 2012
Wait funerals count? I thought it only raw dead bodies counted. Then I've seen 2 more, 1 was one of my friends mother who died of cancer (open casket), the other a friend of mine from high school who died because of "dengue" idk the english word for the decease.
Sep 3, 2015 8:31 PM

Jun 2015
I don't think funerals should count here, seeing a dead body is supposed to be a not too often occurrence, only outside of funerals or the like should count. As for me, I've have seen bodies on stretchers, but I couldn't tell if they were dead, so not sure.
Sep 3, 2015 8:36 PM

Mar 2008
Only dead bodies of people ive seen were plastinated bodies at Body Worlds. Its a pretty cool exhibit.
Sep 3, 2015 11:16 PM

May 2014
Who haven't? It was my dad's body. I didn't know about death back then, I was asking my mom "why my dad isn't waking up?".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Top 10 Most watched Airing Anime This Week!!

KN_is_otaku - 32 minutes ago

2 by KN_is_otaku »»
7 minutes ago

» Do your dress nice? ( 1 2 )

PopArt - Jul 6, 2023

99 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» What was the first time a woman had an armor bikini in fiction?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

9 by Adnash »»
9 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 )

KiraraFan - May 7

93 by GinIonSui »»
38 minutes ago

» Im contemplating my lawn.

vasipi4946 - 3 hours ago

3 by JaniSIr »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.