Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 14, 2015 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Huh? Rustyrose? I don't remember him in this arc before....

He doesn't look much different from who he used to be though. Wait, what? Is that Zancrow? Azuma? What the hell. This arc just got oddly complicated based on background development.

That confrontation between them and Kyoka turned sour fast lol. Seems like Oracion Seis' roles in this arc alongside Jellal is going positive for him.

Mard Geer that showed up at the end...oh dear. This is not good news for FT although I can't wait to see him in action soon. Nice voice though.
Stark700Aug 14, 2015 7:30 PM
Aug 14, 2015 7:33 PM

May 2014
Zancrow and Azuma were imaginary.They were made by rustyrose's power. its not that confusing. Other than that this episode was a complete waste. You could smell the filler
eliterodriguezAug 14, 2015 7:37 PM
Aug 14, 2015 7:35 PM
Apr 2013
Wow! Anime Original material that actually didn't suck?! I knew you had it in you A-1.
MCALAug 14, 2015 7:39 PM
Aug 14, 2015 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
Now only Cain fate that remain unclear. He should have fall on Grimore Heart ship along with Rusty but even Rusty didn't know where he is.

NeoAnkaraAug 14, 2015 8:00 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 14, 2015 7:58 PM
Jul 2013
Some actually decent filler in Fairy Tail for once, woah :D

I was hoping the 3 Grimoire Heart members wouldn't just get oneshotted because that would've just been stupid considering they must've gotten stronger over the past 7 years aswell.
I guess it was a 1on1 after all and Rusty was on some mental trip anyway so it's alright :P

Well, looking forward to THE Mard Geer next time
Aug 14, 2015 7:59 PM

Jul 2010
Felt bad for Rusty in a way.

Though to be expected, I did enjoy seeing the members of Oracion Seis following Jellal.
Aug 14, 2015 8:02 PM
Sep 2012
Okay what an episode, so this was something Hiro didn't have time for in the manga, well I understand why they didn't include, it breaks the momentum of the story, but still an enjoyable side story.

I thought it was in Sawyer's character to want to run, so hesitant to join Jellal, and Erik has another snake, what must Kianna think?

We bump into Rusty Rose, and I love Melody has such a big heart despite everything, she still cares about him, though Rusty Rsoe didn't do anything bad to her, it was Zancrow who tried to kill her.

I am going to assume, that Zancrow and Azuma who we saw all episodes were all illusions that Rusty Rose for himself, similar to something I saw in Fairy Tail Zero, only much different in how the illusions were used and who could see them. I thought that maybe when they confronted Kyouka that they were going to turn on Rusty Rose and be revealed to have been dead all along and were being controlled, that would have been cool.

I love how Oracion Seis have their pride on why they don't want to fight Tartarus, but they saved Jellal in the end from Rusty, looks like this current new Crime Sorciere is not expanding. Looks like Rusty Rose is going to join them in the future, perhaps in a future arc, and maybe a Tartarus member or two might join some day assuming they lose of course in this arc.

But in the end, finally Mard Guille is here, and is more powerful than the 9 demons? If he is, OMG what power.
Aug 14, 2015 8:05 PM

Jun 2013
Well I am happy I always wanted to know If Rusty and Kain were killed in the same blast Hades was in, Manga or not. Maybe Kain will show up in the manga after this.
Aug 14, 2015 8:10 PM

Jul 2014
Wow. This was a really great filler. It added to the narrative rather than took away from it. I wonder if this means Rustyrose might show up the manga and join Crime Sociere?

Really awesome episode.
[center][/center]
Aug 14, 2015 8:27 PM
Mar 2015
Good Episode
Next week hype is real
mard finally making his move
Aug 14, 2015 8:37 PM
Aug 2015
Hella hyped when Mard Geer Showed up, I was kind of hoping his voice actor would be Hiroshi Kamiya That would of just completed my life!
Aug 14, 2015 8:51 PM
May 2015
I think I would have loved to see Zancrow meet Jackal.

And I feel bad for Rusty. When Meldy saw Ultear... I was so sad.

I actually liked how this put more depth in the OS coming to Jellal's side than just him beating them up because I always thought it was weird them giving up their freedom to just follow someone else. It wasn't bad that it was a filler because it was just one episode and it foreshadowed Mard Greer.

So excited about what part we are fixing to get too!!!!!!! The Hype! The Hype! Even with school returning :(
Aug 14, 2015 9:06 PM

Dec 2014
This week wasn't Recap Tail!
Mirajane hype next week!
Aug 14, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2013
Mard Geer's voice is... didn't picture it that way lol
Aug 14, 2015 9:26 PM

Jul 2015
A great episode indeed and he's finally here Mard Geer!!!
Aug 14, 2015 10:18 PM

Aug 2012
Nice episode with the added original content, Mard Geer hype at the end lets go!
Aug 14, 2015 10:25 PM
Feb 2010
The Crunchy subs were especially bad this week. Some would be unnoticed by those who don't know any Japanese (pronoun issues; "I" when it should be "we", etc.), but others were obvious for anyone familiar with the series, like "Crimson Sorciere". There were also some typos, but that's common.

Still not as bad as the translation of Keyes' line to Grey in a previous episode, though.
Aug 14, 2015 11:03 PM
Jul 2018
Well even if almost all of that was filler, i still enjoyed it. Gives an actual reason as to why they all decided to follow Jellal.

Mard Geer Hype.
Aug 14, 2015 11:05 PM

Jun 2012
Ah I didnt know this was filler.
Aug 14, 2015 11:48 PM

Dec 2014
Oh, this is better than joining jellal just because they got beat up. Maybe they will have more role in the fight against tartaros.
Aug 15, 2015 3:31 AM

Jul 2014
lol
Aug 15, 2015 3:34 AM

May 2014
From what I have understand, this must be a filler ep. in the middle of the Tartarous arc. Because this is not included in the manga. ^^

I knew it were filler when the plot were this bad. I wonder what Mashima were doing for sec. Luckily it were filler. ^^
Aug 15, 2015 3:36 AM

May 2014
FatefulLove said:
Felt bad for Rusty in a way.

Though to be expected, I did enjoy seeing the members of Oracion Seis following Jellal.

I hoped they could still be bad. LIke them that way. Soon enough all persons in FT will be good. ^^ Mashima's nakama effect after all.
Aug 15, 2015 3:52 AM

Apr 2008
mangalicker94 said:
From what I have understand, this must be a filler ep. in the middle of the Tartarous arc. Because this is not included in the manga. ^^

I knew it were filler when the plot were this bad. I wonder what Mashima were doing for sec. Luckily it were filler. ^^

It's not technically filler. This is stuff Mashima cut out from the manga because of time limitations
Aug 15, 2015 5:19 AM

Aug 2010
Yeah I agree. It's not really a filler. The animators always have Mashima's permission so consider it as an add-on that was not able to make it in the manga.

Mirajane's past to be revealed next week! Then the Lucy spotlight finally! Can't wait already! X.X

As for the episode, I liked it. I hope they will keep doing this kind of fillers than the entire Filler Arc.
Aug 15, 2015 5:50 AM

Mar 2014
A filler that's not the usual slice of life/ comedy feel, wow.

and that its connected to the current arc.

Overall, an enjoyable episode.
Aug 15, 2015 6:16 AM

Jul 2007
Inbefore goldfishes call this filler. Oh wait too late.

Either way this is great anime original episode that gives us nice characterization to Jellal's group as well as consequences to what happened in Tenrou Island.

Actually this might as well be one of the strongest episodes so far, which is saying A LOT considering this is FT's best arc.
eliterodriguez said:
Zancrow and Azuma were imaginary.They were made by rustyrose's power. its not that confusing. Other than that this episode was a complete waste. You could smell the filler

GToast said:
Some actually decent filler in Fairy Tail for once, woah :D

vitaxlilium said:
Wow. This was a really great filler. It added to the narrative rather than took away from it. I wonder if this means Rustyrose might show up the manga and join Crime Sociere?

Really awesome episode.

Crescentgenisi said:

It wasn't bad that it was a filler

LittleRookie said:
Well even if almost all of that was filler, i still enjoyed it. Gives an actual reason as to why they all decided to follow Jellal.

Mard Geer Hype.

You do know that this is stuff Mashima had to cut because he was asked to shorten this arc right? It is not filler. Most of anime original stuff in tartaros animation is stuff Mashima wanted to add to the manga arc but for various reasons could not. This is 100% canon - it simply happened offscreen in the manga because Mashima had to cut it out.[/b] It actually adresses the complaints people had with manga arc where a lot of moments felt like stuff was missing.

I give up. MAL is full of complete idiots.
AhenshihaelAug 15, 2015 6:21 AM
Aug 15, 2015 6:23 AM

Mar 2012
^I would like to call it canon expansion instead because it's all Hiro doing.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 15, 2015 6:26 AM

Jul 2007
NeoAnkara said:

Correct.

is it anime original? Sure.
Is it a filler? well, no. It is not done to "fill the space". It is done because mangaka wanted to do it, to expand what is already ther and because it is something that should have been there in the first place.

Quite a few adaptations actually do this(ex: I heard Rokka had quite a few anime original scenes that help to establish MC's characterization that would be harder to convey visually, Prisma Illya had multiple fights expanded upon author's requests, etc).

To call this a filler is derogatory to be honest. Because it is not. It is not there to "fill space" or "delay things". It is there because it was supposed to be there.

Think of Tartarus Arc adaptations as a kind of "Director's Cut" version of the arc.
Aug 15, 2015 7:32 AM
Dec 2010
loved this episode
loved how rusty new look , even it was filler , it was good one
Aug 15, 2015 7:51 AM

Sep 2014
Mard Geer's voice is friggin' perfect *^*, thought it's Naraku there for a moment.
Damn, I can't wait to see more of him
It was pretty decent for a filler or half filler.
Aug 15, 2015 7:51 AM

Sep 2014
Okay episode I suppose. Didn't know it was filler since I never read the Manga. Oh well, next episode doesn't seem to be one.
Aug 15, 2015 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
CookingPriest said:
NeoAnkara said:

Correct.

is it anime original? Sure.
Is it a filler? well, no. It is not done to "fill the space". It is done because mangaka wanted to do it, to expand what is already ther and because it is something that should have been there in the first place.

Quite a few adaptations actually do this(ex: I heard Rokka had quite a few anime original scenes that help to establish MC's characterization that would be harder to convey visually, Prisma Illya had multiple fights expanded upon author's requests, etc).

To call this a filler is derogatory to be honest. Because it is not. It is not there to "fill space" or "delay things". It is there because it was supposed to be there.

Think of Tartarus Arc adaptations as a kind of "Director's Cut" version of the arc.

Well I stand corrected. Thanks man
[center][/center]
Aug 15, 2015 8:07 AM

Jun 2013
Rusty's looking good
Aug 15, 2015 9:41 AM

May 2014
eliterodriguez said:

Ohhhhh, I thought they were still alive. Oh well filler than huh. Now the only one that has yet to appear is the fat guy with the doll.
Aside from that, Mard Geer's introduction was nice. We saw them fight eachother, sadly RustyRose lost. :(
Aug 15, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2007
KamSung said:
eliterodriguez said:

Ohhhhh, I thought they were still alive. Oh well filler than huh. Now the only one that has yet to appear is the fat guy with the doll.
Aside from that, Mard Geer's introduction was nice. We saw them fight eachother, sadly RustyRose lost. :(

Not.
A
Filler.

It is not in the manga chapters but it was planned to be in the manga chapters and Mashima had to cut a lot out of this arc for space.
Aug 15, 2015 10:08 AM
Jul 2018
Aug 15, 2015 11:45 AM

Feb 2015
eliterodriguez said:

Seeing Zancrow and Azuma got me totally confused for a moment there. And I also didn't even think that it was Rusty's magic!

I didn't even realize that this was a filler episode, I guess that's because we're not accustomed to fillers with absolutely no humor...
Aug 15, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2008
MagnaMoon said:
eliterodriguez said:

Seeing Zancrow and Azuma got me totally confused for a moment there. And I also didn't even think that it was Rusty's magic!

I didn't even realize that this was a filler episode, I guess that's because we're not accustomed to fillers with absolutely no humor...

This. Was. NOT. FILLER
Aug 15, 2015 2:34 PM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
MagnaMoon said:

This. Was. NOT. FILLER

I long since gave up on driveby shitposter. They enter the thread, they post ignorant bullshit without reading the thread and then they leave never to be seen again.

One of many reasons I hate even posting in ft ep discussions.
Aug 15, 2015 2:36 PM

Aug 2013
So confused who is Rusty Rose?
Aug 15, 2015 2:40 PM

Jul 2007
rasenshiruken973 said:

Did you somehow miss an entire tenrou island arc?
Aug 15, 2015 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
CookingPriest said:
rasenshiruken973 said:

No that's one of my favorite arcs. I remember Zeref and that guild that attacked them and the dragon... was Rusty Rose the leader of that guild? I forgot the details can I have a short summary?
Aug 15, 2015 3:39 PM

Apr 2008
rasenshiruken973 said:
CookingPriest said:

No that's one of my favorite arcs. I remember Zeref and that guild that attacked them and the dragon... was Rusty Rose the leader of that guild? I forgot the details can I have a short summary?

He's the guy who fought Elfman and Evergreen
Aug 15, 2015 6:47 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
rasenshiruken973 said:
He's a member of Grimoire Heart. He has the ability to create anything from his imagination.

More info here:
http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Rustyrose
Aug 16, 2015 1:45 AM

Apr 2011
Did the animation got better this episode?
Aug 16, 2015 2:52 AM

Oct 2014
vansonbee said:

I didn't see much improvement?

OT: Good episode, I liked seeing more of Jellal going about and now creating a force with oracion seis. This will be so damn epic at the end of this arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2015 6:27 AM
Oct 2013
Milky_way1886 said:
vansonbee said:

I didn't see much improvement?

Well there weren't really any fights, so no real animation. The characters were nicely drawn though
Aug 16, 2015 7:25 PM

Aug 2014
Damn i forgot that Zancrow had that annoying ass voice.

Pretty good episode, i for one am glad that Jellal is not permanently blind.
Aug 17, 2015 7:42 AM

Apr 2014
So in fact Rustyrose went on a rampage on Tartaros by himself. He has some guts.
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

98 by 1spartan106 »»
Sep 12, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 61 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aiko_Hiroshi - Jun 5, 2015

95 by 1spartan106 »»
Sep 12, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2015

49 by DrFeelGood887 »»
Aug 14, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

180 by Dweb71 »»
Aug 5, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

130 by bakughoue »»
Aug 4, 9:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.