Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 14, 2014 5:52 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Action was alright this episode as the battle begins again. Poor Lucy, she just wants to get her spirits back :(

Anyways, it looks like the episode set the stages for a variety of battles including one that involves Cana. That's quite something since I haven't seen her fight in a one-on-one in ages. Kinda curious to see who will win each of these tbh since all the battlefields/types are different.
Stark700Nov 14, 2014 6:21 PM
Nov 14, 2014 6:27 PM
Sep 2014
aries is hilarious and cancer is way too much
Nov 14, 2014 6:39 PM
Sep 2012
Okay this episode set ups our battles. Some very good matchups, I know the matchup are based on personality and power matchups, and I know Natsu has to fight the leader, but I really want to Gray vs Loke, they are have history. At the very least they could have mentioned they partners in the S Class Exam. I know Yukino was going to fight one of her spirits, but part of me wanted to see fight Aries or Gemini, if they were get parts of their memories, I hope one of Angel's ex spirits realize the Yukino's resemblece to her, come on. The Erza and Sagittarius battle looks interesting, and Sagittarius looks like a respectable civil opponent. Why is it when Erza fights a man, they have a sense of honor and likablity to them, but her female opponents are just complete opposites, I mean can I say.

Who would have thought Elfman is the first one to win, just in the GMG, he is the one to start the winning streak. It was a short battle, let's hope the other spirits put up a better fight than Taurus. I think all of Fairy Tail and Yukino will win except for Natsu and Lucy. Natsu because he is fighting the leader, and Lucy because he loses early in these arcs.

This was an enjoyable episode, can't wait to see Wendy and Aquarius at the amusement partk.
Nov 14, 2014 7:08 PM

Sep 2013
Jesus the animation in this episode. How many corners did they cut?

As usual, Lucy is the only one getting any character development.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2010
The members of Fairy Tail arriving to even out things.

Everything turning into an 1 on 1 event xD

Gray would have to dance like Dandy to win!

Elfman being the first to beat a celestial spirit. Phew, thought Elfman was finished, still Taurus seemed like to be a league on his own if he wasn't such so obsessed with being clean!

A quiz game, amusement park doing something, shooting game, dancing match, and some other events! Quite the random events, Aquarius being a little girl at heart now. Wonder how Gemini would fight.
Nov 14, 2014 7:22 PM

Apr 2013
Mostly a setup episode pretty good. Elfman vs Taurus Lucy's brute force Spirit vs the brute force of Fairy Tail how he beat him sweat, I don't know to laugh cause it was funny or shake my head they could have come up with something better. Though what was with some of the areas in the portals and are Cana and Scorpio playing a Yugioh parody?
Nov 14, 2014 7:39 PM

Dec 2013
Interested in seeing how all the battles will play out, the way it's set up makes me think there will be a battle every episode, then a finale one to tie everything up.

lol, Levi, you better get all of them right xD

Central Time (US)
Nov 14, 2014 7:58 PM

Mar 2013
Cancer vs Gray huh.

I actually want to see Gray bust some moves. XD

Anyway, the episode was pretty interesting for the most part.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Nov 14, 2014 8:07 PM

May 2013
Interesting battles from each of the celestial spirits. Looks like Elfman's battle is over .already.
Nov 14, 2014 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
That was weird... but kinda fun to see them do stupid things rather than fight.
Nov 14, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2012
Cana vs Scorpio, it's time to DUEL!
Nov 14, 2014 10:14 PM

Sep 2013
Alright only a few more episodes left (hopefully) until were back to canon!
Nov 14, 2014 10:42 PM

Apr 2014
Taurus didn't last long, beaten by a mans sweat.... Look's like this arc may not go on for that long, but I wonder if they'll continue with the filler or get back to canon?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2014 10:59 PM

May 2012
looks like this arc is just for fun..

Nov 14, 2014 11:45 PM

Jan 2011
I always suspected that Elfman sweat like a beast...

Good match-ups and for once they used Warren's power appropriately to bring in the reinforcements. It's always nice to see when the supporting characters get their chance to shine.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 15, 2014 1:28 AM

Jan 2013
Meh...
Even though half of those contests are plain stupid, let's watch them, maybe some good matches will come out...
Nov 15, 2014 2:53 AM

May 2013
The Fairy Tail gang arrived. Each in their "battle" with the Celestial Spirits. Natsu and Leo's is the only one I look forward to.
Taurus' weakness in that state was ridiculous. Being afraid of sweat or getting dirty doesn't spell out being manly.
Nov 15, 2014 3:00 AM

Dec 2013
A lot of set up to a lot of retarded fights...

Elfman vs Taurus was ridiculously stupid. Hopefully we get some decent laughs for the others.

It's pretty convenient that Levy going to get a quiz and that Mirajane is in the ocean...

All Cana has to do is belive in the heart of the cards or something like that (Soz it's been too long)
Nov 15, 2014 4:24 AM

Aug 2014
The battle for the twelve spirits has already started and the Fairy Tail got they first winning defeating Taurus. Nice job, Elfman! ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 15, 2014 4:52 AM

Mar 2013
this animations keeps getting worse. Boring episode with Natsu getting #rekt once more

Nov 15, 2014 5:26 AM

Dec 2011
A rather decent episode overall.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 15, 2014 6:04 AM

Dec 2012
So, what are the chances that this arc will actually end after these battles? I don't want to get my hopes up like in the last filler arc where they dragged it out further with more enemies.
Nov 15, 2014 6:13 AM

Aug 2014
I liked this episode, but the fight between Elfman and Taurus was kinda weird and short.
Nov 15, 2014 6:32 AM

Sep 2014
Decent episode. Better than last week's definitely. Hoping the battles'll be watchable atleast.
Nov 15, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2014
JUST WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO FT?!?! The reason I didn't drop this is because I love the characters. But if it continues like this I might make FT (2014) my first dropped anime. I'm so f*cking disappointed!!! >_<
Nov 15, 2014 11:27 AM

Feb 2013
These contests are silly and why did elfman win with sweat? :')
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 15, 2014 12:23 PM

Oct 2014
This anime just continue to suck. Give me Tartarus already!
"Having someone saying you're okay as you are and being needed by that person... It was nice to have someone like that..." — Taiga Aisaka
Nov 15, 2014 2:11 PM
Feb 2013
REMINDER: DO NOT WATCH THIS SHIT FILLER! AND PLS. ANIMATE WELL THE SUN VILLAGE ARC AND TARTARUS............ THIS FILLER SUCKS! THIS NEW STUDIO IS A LAZY LAZY BITCHES!
Nov 15, 2014 2:15 PM

Feb 2013
myanime2 said:
THIS NEW STUDIO IS A LAZY LAZY BITCHES!

It's still the same studio
Nov 15, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2011
So this episode was basically a set up for all the FT vs Zodiacs, it was nice though. Taurus the first one down, and quite easily too. I guess they each have their weaknesses.

I am excited to watch the next couple of episodes of their versus mode. Although I am more interested in the Lucy Vs Virgo. They had gotten along so much, so this is a bit more personal (between them), than just fighting to keep them in check...if that made sense. I was wondering though if Lucy would get either Virgo or Aquarius, since she has history with Aquarius, but we've seen more interaction (positive) between Lucy and Virgo. Either way i'm loving this arc. Since I've always liked all these Zodiac characters. I just hope they come to their senses, and they don't die. :( :)
Nov 15, 2014 4:16 PM

Oct 2013
They chose the weakest fight to be in the next episode,wish Wendy's fight would end like Elfman's fight.

Nov 15, 2014 6:06 PM

Jan 2014
Taurus is levi
Cana is playing yu gi oh
And cancer is dandy

I'm totally not reading too much into this xD xD
Nov 15, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2014
Taurus out here trynna be Kakashi, fightin while readin books and shit. I hope after this arc they still keep these forms, they're much better designed than the old ones imo, especially the horse dude. At least now I can take them seriously. And I don't get why the zodiacs are so powerful now, when they were a joke and utter trash with Lucy, but I guess that's how it is with most shounen villains. Powerful as fuck when you're facing them, and weak as fuck when they join you
Nov 15, 2014 6:46 PM

Nov 2013
Hibiki07 said:
JUST WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO FT?!?! The reason I didn't drop this is because I love the characters. But if it continues like this I might make FT (2014) my first dropped anime. I'm so f*cking disappointed!!! >_<
Keep calm it's a filler arc after this arc will be better

Nov 15, 2014 7:22 PM

Feb 2013
My God.......I never thought I'd be saying this but,Give me the Old Spirits back,the new ones are unbearable

-Virgo went from Bland to annoying Ear Torture
-Aries went from Annoying Doormat to Annoying Ear Torture (though i'm not sure if that's an upgrade or a downgrade)
-Aquarius went from an Alpha-Bitch To an annoying Moe-Blob ear torture (I shed manly tears inside every time she opens her mouth)
-The Kappa guy makes Harime Nui Bearable in comparison (and again....EAR TORTURE)
-Cancer was pretty fun,Now he's Cringe-worthy Ear Torture
-Scorpio went from "Hip and Kewl" to "Not so cool"

The are'nt that bad though,And Damn.........DAT OST....
Nov 15, 2014 9:37 PM
Mar 2014
Hand_of_the_King said:
myanime2 said:
THIS NEW STUDIO IS A LAZY LAZY BITCHES!

It's still the same studio

The new : A1-Pictures + Bridge
The previous : A1 Pictures + Satelight (Satelight was replaced with Bridge)

So they only changed co-production, but the animation style changed a lot

sfn27xNov 15, 2014 9:51 PM
Nov 16, 2014 1:44 AM

Aug 2014
Well, so much for wanting an all out war like they used to do.

Shaniyaz said:
I think Loke is (secretly) a chuuni, taking all that stuff about true freedom and whatnot. If you pay close attention, his speech sound a lot like he's deluded. (which is probably the actual case).
He was pretty cool with his Dark & Dark too; although Natsu countered them just as effectively.

I was thinking of the same thing xD But still, I can't believe Natsu lost to that Dark & Dark power.
Nov 16, 2014 3:17 AM

May 2014
FlamePT said:
Hibiki07 said:
Keep calm it's a filler arc after this arc will be better
*exhale* I really wish so..
But is not only about the lame story this arc has. The animation looks like it was made only using Paint and PowerPoint =_=
Nov 16, 2014 10:03 AM
Aug 2012
Someone please tell me whether if this is filler or canon...
Nov 16, 2014 10:43 AM

Dec 2009
Shikiria said:

It's a filler arc Shikiria
Nov 16, 2014 12:03 PM

Mar 2013
I sincerely hope they are just saving money here for the upcoming arc.
Because right now this is an excuse for animation, jezz even pokemon battles have more keyframes

Nov 16, 2014 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
AJWilliams said:
Taurus didn't last long, beaten by a mans sweat.... Look's like this arc may not go on for that long, but I wonder if they'll continue with the filler or get back to canon?

Well, halfway through the episode I had hopes it could end this episode. But after they all split up and I saw the preview of the next episode...this can go on for a while if they do it fight by fight. meh

Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Shikiria said:

It's a filler arc but it is still canon. Again another example why the definition of filler that is used commonly by anime fans isn't really useful...
Nov 16, 2014 12:27 PM

Dec 2009
Miragee said:
AJWilliams said:

Well, halfway through the episode I had hopes it could end this episode. But after they all split up and I saw the preview of the next episode...this can go on for a while if they do it fight by fight. meh

Aiko_Hiroshi said:

It's a filler arc but it is still canon. Again another example why the definition of filler that is used commonly by anime fans isn't really useful...

Just because Hiro Mashima is working on the arc doesn't mean its not filler. It wasn't in the manga, and won't have a big impact on events to come. Also its been laughably bad so far, even worse than Key of the Starry Skies arc, probably because the animation hasn't been that great.
Nov 16, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Miragee said:

Just because Hiro Mashima is working on the arc doesn't mean its not filler. It wasn't in the manga, and won't have a big impact on events to come. Also its been laughably bad so far, even worse than Key of the Starry Skies arc, probably because the animation hasn't been that great.

?? I didn't say it wasn't a filler. I said it is. I just said it is canon. Which they said it is. It's unlike the OVA's for example which aren't canon. And I won't disagree on the part how bad it was until now (and probably won't get any better until it ends).
Nov 16, 2014 3:49 PM

Jun 2014
Tbh, I'm liking this arc. It seems like it'll be a short and sweet arc since we're going into the (what I think is) final battles.

I thought Taurus vs Elfman was going to be more "Manly", but then Taurus turns into a neat freak :/
Nov 17, 2014 1:20 PM

Dec 2008
I fucking lol'd.
Hisui: "This is what I expected from Fairy Tail wizards."
Hisui's expectations of Fairy Tail Wizards is that they'll defeat their opponents by drenching them in sweat!
This filler isn't actually too bad right now. The 12 different situations are pretty entertaining. Can't wait to see how Erza's & Cana's go.
Nov 17, 2014 6:50 PM

Jun 2014
Aqua_Eleven said:
Mostly a setup episode pretty good. Elfman vs Taurus Lucy's brute force Spirit vs the brute force of Fairy Tail how he beat him sweat, I don't know to laugh cause it was funny or shake my head they could have come up with something better. Though what was with some of the areas in the portals and are Cana and Scorpio playing a Yugioh parody?

Must see Yugioh parody now.

Always imagined them doing something with it because of the magic cards and text xD
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Nov 17, 2014 9:30 PM

Dec 2009
Miragee said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

?? I didn't say it wasn't a filler. I said it is. I just said it is canon. Which they said it is. It's unlike the OVA's for example which aren't canon. And I won't disagree on the part how bad it was until now (and probably won't get any better until it ends).

Funny enough a lot of the OVAs are adaptation of manga omakes, making them far more canon than this arc is.
Nov 18, 2014 2:06 PM

Sep 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Miragee said:

Funny enough a lot of the OVAs are adaptation of manga omakes, making them far more canon than this arc is.

Sorry, not to sound rude or anything, but do you know the definition of canon or just using the word?
Nov 19, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Miragee said:

Just a bit curious, no offense, but you do know what an OVA is right?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 102 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

177 by wildhood »»
May 19, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.