Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 17, 2022 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
An emotional but also kinda predictable for the episode. Akari and Menou's relationship really carried into finale with their feelings and bond towards the end. It shows that really connected since they've first met and there's even a montage of their time together.

The finale also featured the show's final battle too which imo was okayish.

Jul 2017
A way back to Japan just to get home, that seems almost as preposterous coming from Pandemonium herself, with Akari never wanting to go back home. while Menou and Princess Ashuna face off against her creepy-looking raging demonic centipede in its 3DCG glory.

Pandemonium is just too strong for Menou to fight back when she has her Scripture and dagger taken away from her, and relying on Ashuna's fire sword is the only way to survive while Akari races off to reach her, even to the point of regressing time to save her life. This was certainly a favour paid within each other for a short reunion to combine their powers to end Pandemonium's reign of her much realized B-movie setting, and at the same time, exhausting Akari's ether power in the process.

Manon Libelle brought back to life in the real world, it most certainly wouldn't be for naught if not for Pandemonium, and the same goes for Menou if not for both Akari and Momo. Surviving against the weakest of the Four Major Human Errors is no mean feat, save for continuing her journey together with Akari to find Flare, wherever she may be, and the Sword of Salt said that's said to kill all Pure Concepts.

The Pure Concept of Time regressor whom have reversed time many times to save the one she loves to be killed from, the Executioner whom can't bear to reveal her true thoughts, and the Yuri fanatic whom parts ways. This is yet another start to the duo's journey, and Flare's waiting for them both at the end of this Virgin Road.

This is nothing short of novel, for a GA Bunko Grand Prize winner of compelling Yuri source material.
KANLen09Jun 17, 2022 11:46 AM
Jul 2018
Last episode today was ok, still not a fan of the CG animation choice though. Feels like a bit of a cliffhanger too, wonder if there will be another season.
removed-userJun 17, 2022 9:07 AM
Jun 17, 2022 9:06 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good and emotional finale. The final battle looked great.

I got my happy yuri ending. <3

Overall, a very good show and one of my favorites of the season. This definitely needs a second season.

SerafosJun 25, 6:11 AM
Jun 17, 2022 9:12 AM

Jan 2021
The battle between Ashuna and Menou againts Pandemonium gets pretty intense, the CGI everywhere makes it a little more creepy lol. No matter what they do Pandemonium is simply too strong for Menou and Ashuna, as expected of one of the Human Errors. But at the end they win after Akari gets there to help them.

And Manon is alive! Pandemonium revived her since she liked her lol, Manon remembers her sister and thinks that it could be Pandemonium, but we can't be sure of that. and Flare appears, recovering her memories from al other time loops ready to face her apprentice and Akari.

This moment is beautiful of Menou and Akari taking their hands towards a new adventure, pretty nice for yuri fans.
Jun 17, 2022 9:50 AM

May 2020
Well you can’t complain about CG because that’s the extent of them we see in pretty much most of the series, still the absolute ridiculousness of these fights were still pretty much on the same level we had in the last two or three episodes, which really did help considering things became much more bearable than how they were in the beginning. Also goodness Pandemonium is gone for good, or what anyone would think but no, how can she I mean. Even revived the maniac. Well not an end which exactly feels like an end, but still 12 episodes and an isekai, it was already expected.

Not a big fan of the series, a huge thanks to Akari for that but atleast last few episodes were good enough.
Jun 17, 2022 10:39 AM

Dec 2015
season 2 please xD
Jun 17, 2022 10:42 AM

May 2016
absolutely fucking abominable. terrible show in every way. Barely any time usage and all the characters were awful.
Jun 17, 2022 10:57 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So after las episode I spent some time catching up with the concepts of the show in order to prepare myself for the finale. I have to say that while I do have more context behind Pandemonioum, Manon and Akari, I still didn't feel that much of a difference in impact behind the scenes. The fight itself was good enough for having cgi, Akari came as one could have predicted and lastly we have another journey to look forward to in an eventual season 2. The rest was more or less the same as previous episodes regarding character relationships.

Did I enjoy this? I'm still asking myself that. On the one hand I appreciate the effort put into the worldbuilding, particularly the magic system and the classes. On the other, none of the characters stood out to me in a good way. Akari lusted waaaaay to much for her "Menou chan", even more than Momo who's best moments were probably outside of that while fighting the princess, and Menou herself in her righteous portrait came off to bland.

All in all, it's hard to say if I'd recommend this really. Probably those from the oversaturated isekai genre they'll see this as a good choice. To the rest, better ones have been airing throughout the season to me.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 17, 2022 11:03 AM

Jun 2021
This has definitely been one of the hidden gems for me this season. I will definitely miss watching it.
Jun 17, 2022 11:03 AM
Apr 2020
I hope this Gets a Season 2 theres a lot to be Explored in this series
Jun 17, 2022 11:09 AM

May 2021
More of that Eldritch-like boss battle. A rather weak final episode for me thought the show as whole still remains average. It had a decent plot, good social worldbuilding but the characters really held it back. They lack chemistry and Momo and Ashuna in particular feel more like devices than characters due to their yet unclear motivations. The same goes for Akari. Menou was at least somewhat enjoyable.

5/10

Jun 17, 2022 11:24 AM
Jun 2022
Truly a hidden gem this season! And I’m not sure where all the hate is coming from. Because the MC is female? Not your usual Isekai-Ecchi combo? Or because it’s yuri? I’ve watched tons of anime and Shokei Shoujo surely belongs to the good ones. This show has a very interesting plot. S1 delivered the ‘build-up’ needed for the audience to look forward for another season!! Can’t wait for S2!
Jun 17, 2022 11:46 AM

Feb 2018
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
absolutely fucking abominable. terrible show in every way. Barely any time usage and all the characters were awful.

Then why watch it at all? I don't know about you but I drop shit I think is terrible.
Jun 17, 2022 11:47 AM

Jun 2021
A good finale, nothing crazy/different but I think this season was setting up a lot of interesting stuffs for a potential sequel.
Hope there is going to be another season because we don't get animes like this one that frequently(I mean animes with interesting and different characters, story and world).

Jun 17, 2022 12:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The production quality was better than I'd have expected, and imho is up there with the best of this season. We are presented with an actual unique take on the isekai genre, overlayed with a complimentary serious tone. Its world feels well-realized and well-thought out, including its magic system. Speaking of which, seeing the word "invoke" along with its sound effect gave me an eargasm every time. As for the characters, while I definitely wouldn't exactly call them flat...

...they didn't really get me totally invested in it all despite all its strengths. By no means did I hate any of them, but they didn't really do anything to truly draw me into the story. Which, does seem like a good story. I am kind of curious to know what really is happening behind everything.

You have to commend it for all that it has going for it, but enjoyment comes first, and I'll be leaving this with a 5/10. I will still gladly watch a second season, should it be announced. It was a solid anime, but I'll probably forget about it soon.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jun 17, 2022 12:50 PM
Apr 2019
Great Final!!!

This anime was a what if happen if the story gave way to potential of female cast and not building a harem, a unique take on the isekai and fantasy in general.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jun 17, 2022 1:03 PM

Feb 2021
That CGI monster has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I've seen.

Decent show I guess, earlier episodes were better imo, might read the light novels in the future.
MadanielFLJun 17, 2022 8:10 PM
Jun 17, 2022 1:08 PM

May 2013
Akari is like a 4kids verision of Tokisaki Kurumi, like down to the finger guns instead of the regular guns that fucks with time and shit... yeah. Really enjoyed this one never read a light novel before but might check the source material for this.
Jun 17, 2022 1:41 PM
Jan 2018
Loved the anime, didn't like so much the big sword clichê to defeat Pandemonium (best girl) but everything else was nice. I think i'm gonna go read the LN, the anime may have cut a lot of interesting details and I can't wait for a second season.
ThighsYLoverJun 17, 2022 1:51 PM
Jun 17, 2022 2:29 PM
Apr 2018
_Megumilia said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Then why watch it at all? I don't know about you but I drop shit I think is terrible.

They ship Kayle and Morgana, sisters, their taste was already terrible.
Jun 17, 2022 2:58 PM

May 2016
_Megumilia said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Why does anyone else watch shitty new shows to the end? you are already invested too much in it.
Jun 17, 2022 4:15 PM

Oct 2007
nice. really enjoyed this show from beginning to end. Hmm.. I must buy a few more from CDJapan. Hmm, let's see now..

so Pandemonium is actually still free outside the fog, and she revived Manon. The older sister of Manon was probably killed by Flare as well, which is why the body had memories of a knife being stabbed into the head. They make a good team, looking forward to the new "movie" they will make. lol

Menou starting to like Akari.. their journey continue.

hoping for a season 2. ^^

10/10

_________

edit:

after a rewatch. Realized I made a mistake.. it was Manon older sister that somehow got combined with Pandemonium, for reasons still unknown - which explains why Pan is nice to her. And it looks like she even used Mitsuki and a dead soldier to revive Manon. The memory of knife into head is when Mitsuki was killed with knife.
Liddo-kunJun 18, 2022 6:30 AM
Jun 17, 2022 4:43 PM

Sep 2018
It was alright, enjoyed the first half of the series more than the latter half. Comically fun and edgy at times, decent 6/10 show.
Jun 17, 2022 4:53 PM

Feb 2020
Okay finale, man the CG is ewww...
First half definitely more interesting than second half, but still watchable.
6/10 Fine show.
Jun 17, 2022 6:10 PM

Feb 2017
Ionliosite2 said:
The battle between Ashuna and Menou againts Pandemonium gets pretty intense, the CGI everywhere makes it a little more creepy lol. No matter what they do Pandemonium is simply too strong for Menou and Ashuna, as expected of one of the Human Errors. But at the end they win after Akari gets there to help them.

And Manon is alive! Pandemonium revived her since she liked her lol, Manon remembers her sister and thinks that it could be Pandemonium, but we can't be sure of that. and Flare appears, recovering her memories from al other time loops ready to face her apprentice and Akari.

This moment is beautiful of Menou and Akari taking their hands towards a new adventure, pretty nice for yuri fans.

its revealed that flare knows about the loops

Im confused with her true objective now,
does she want akari to get evolved into a major error?
the more the lost ones use their power the faster the process of em turning into major errors, right?

apparently she's also seemingly happy to know chaos and container have escaped?
hmmm....
Jun 17, 2022 6:18 PM

Feb 2017
Hanroth said:
_Megumilia said:

They ship Kayle and Morgana, sisters, their taste was already terrible.

and
they're clearly trolling lol
Jun 17, 2022 6:24 PM
Oct 2016
Decent adaption, didn't care for the anime original interpretation of the final fight with Panda, but they didn't stray far enough to completely rule out the possibility of a S2.
I also liked they included the specific's in Manon's resurrection, though i think the people who'd be triggered by it most long since stopped watching lol.
Contains insults, slurs, profanity and sexually explicit language. Plenty of impersonation.
Jun 17, 2022 6:35 PM
Dec 2021
That was one hell of a cliffhanger at the end. Hopefully the Menou x Akari ship comes true.
Jun 17, 2022 6:55 PM
Apr 2017
Ending well, I wouldn't say it's perfect but it's still more interesting than I imagined when the series got its anime adaptation. The plot left for the next part is also well presented, although there are some that I think are a bit unfortunate because they don't mention the reason why master flare wants to kill menou.

Pandemonium-chan wa Kawaii desu !!
LS_11Jun 17, 2022 7:00 PM
Jun 17, 2022 7:55 PM
Feb 2019
Any speculation why Flare wants to kill Menou? Is it just so she can finally kill Akari
Jun 17, 2022 8:04 PM

Apr 2008
Far from a perfect execution, but the plot and especially the world have potential. I'd like to see another season.

On the actual substance of the episode, there is a bit that doesn't seem to fit. The ivory knight, if I'm remembering right, both trapped pandemonium and wielded the salt sword we're claiming can kill otherworlders. Why not actually kill pandemonium then? Granted, we've got plenty of other mysteries, like how pandemonium is both a thousand years old and connected to blue hair.
Jun 17, 2022 8:36 PM
Aug 2018
The final episode really begged so hard for season 2.
The story so far is totally NOT amazing at all and the yuri level here is kinda dull, still very enjoyable nonetheless, especially the dialogue.
People just being too extra harsh on this little mediocre show probly because of Mitsuki's demise...Oh well.
Time to hit the books. Heard they are a whole lot better than anime and manga.
ParadogredJun 18, 2022 1:10 AM
Jun 18, 2022 12:05 AM

May 2012
I love this anime. I hope it get 2nd season one day !!!
Jun 18, 2022 12:10 AM
May 2019
we definitely need another season 😤💯
Jun 18, 2022 12:12 AM

Apr 2021
Akari's like Yuusuke from YYH lmao. Excluding the light yuri factor not to make myself biased, I'd say this has a great potential for its world building and concept. Tho it's really intriguing to know what happens next so a sequel would be good since I''m not really fond of reading LNs.

dylpickles said:
Any speculation why Flare wants to kill Menou? Is it just so she can finally kill Akari

My speculation is the same as Lab_Rat's down here. I think for the sole purpose of making Akari use her Pure Concept and turn her into a human error once overused. Which would seem like Flare is the true villain.

Lab_Rat_0978 said:

the more the lost ones use their power the faster the process of em turning into major errors, right?

hmmm....

Jun 18, 2022 2:45 AM
Mar 2021
Honestly 7/10, but with that low score i'll rate it 9/10.

Can't believe, that Pandemonium child and that Ara-ara girl still alive after some fight scenes lol. That's the best part honestly.

The problem is how mid the pacing and terible sound effect. Gladly, it has good world building and visual effect.

Since it has cliffhanger ending, let's see if it can get S2 or not.
Jun 18, 2022 4:04 AM
Jan 2020
MAL is often full of bullshit giving this show such a low score lol, while I really had no idea how something like Mobuseka is really well liked (not that it's bad)
RonninnJun 18, 2022 5:19 AM
Jun 18, 2022 4:20 AM
Mar 2021
Ashuna easily carried this entire show. I enjoyed it overall and hope it gets a second season.
Jun 18, 2022 5:59 AM

Feb 2017
@Aluminum_

apparently the answers to our question are in light novel vol 4

there are a couple of MindBlowing revelations regarding Flare's true objective

also,
to think there's a dude who's

I did not see that coming lol
Lab_Rat_0978Jun 18, 2022 6:03 AM
Jun 18, 2022 6:19 AM
Aug 2018
Talking about Mitsuki, he finally made a come back here in this episode and got some nice meat to meat action with one of the hottest girl in this series. Good job, lad.
Jun 18, 2022 6:26 AM

Feb 2007
Well, damn, not only is Flare a self-declared villain as an executioner, she's also the villain...
Jun 18, 2022 7:03 AM

Nov 2013
Pretty decent final episode, though it has to continue (season 2), otherwise it's average at best.
Jun 18, 2022 7:23 AM

Oct 2016
Bro, I swear to god, if they do not make a season 2 after all that teasing lmao. They'd really slap us with the go read the fucking light novel ending. I mean, I'd happily go read the light novel, but I just don't have the time. So please, season 2.

Definitely one of the more unique takes for isekais, really loved it. Gonna miss this one, looking forward to see Menou, Akari, Momo and Ashuna again in the future, hopefully, and to see what kind of entertaining shit Pandæmonium's gonna pull again with Manon. Of course, let's not forget Flare, what's her deal? Overall, a banger show. 8.5/10
Jun 18, 2022 8:38 AM

Apr 2021
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
@Aluminum_

also,

Up until which volume did this adaptation cover? Thinking that I might give it a shot

Jun 18, 2022 8:52 AM

Jul 2016
That was a surprising conclusion of the season. They defeated the shard of Pandemonium child error. Menou and Akari helped defeat it. Overall good anime with high production value. And good story that its interesting to watched through

Jun 18, 2022 10:41 AM
Feb 2019
Aluminum_ said:
Akari's like Yuusuke from YYH lmao. Excluding the light yuri factor not to make myself biased, I'd say this has a great potential for its world building and concept. Tho it's really intriguing to know what happens next so a sequel would be good since I''m not really fond of reading LNs.

dylpickles said:

My speculation is the same as Lab_Rat's down here. I think for the sole purpose of making Akari use her Pure Concept and turn her into a human error once overused. Which would seem like Flare is the true villain.

Lab_Rat_0978 said:

hmmm....

Okay that’s really interesting. So you think Flare is actually the antagonist who wants to turn Akari into an error. i wonder why this would be the case but would be intrigued to find out.
Most importantly I wanted to make sure I wasn’t supposed to steady know the answer, and that it is indeed under speculation 😂
Jun 18, 2022 10:44 AM
Apr 2022
Good isekai show for those who got sick of watching op male mc getting all those witches. It's yuri time, baby. Anyway, interesting world setting, intriguing story, mid characters, and didn't really care about CGI human centipede. 7/10
Jun 18, 2022 10:50 AM

Mar 2014
So it's over, well it's pretty good here's hoping for 2nd season
Jun 18, 2022 10:59 AM

Jan 2021
Aluminum_ said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
@Aluminum_

also,

Up until which volume did this adaptation cover? Thinking that I might give it a shot

The anime covered up to volume 2.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» This Anime deserves a 2nd season!!

MarekPPP - Aug 31

10 by zIlverKitsune »»
Oct 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

330 by LycorAxis »»
Sep 23, 9:34 AM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2022

108 by Muow »»
Jun 5, 6:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.