3It was OK
2.8%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.4%
Average 4.7
251 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 28, 2012 8:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Test is over and 3 more days until the next competition.

Chihaya immediately to practice. Taichi feeling that she's rushed after seeing Arata.

lol @ Taichi faking the lines for long time.

Chihaya did well for the test and the teacher said good luck!

So no to yukata this time, and the coach has a rival!

lol @ that guy losing to Chihaya is breaking her concentration.

Her opponent is also a strong one... small yet strong (or rather, fast). Her mother is the one who's nervous for her. Chihaya can see that she is good. When she did, the little girl says she's slow. She can feel so because she was like that before.

After her coach said she's allowed to get fast, her expression changed that her opponent is shocked. Little girl also caught by hearing while crying.

Chihaya is crying after that, too!! She wished Chihaya good luck. Everyone was saying the girl not big of deal like the rumor said, and Chihaya stopping that for her. lol @ her eating right after that, and Taichi messainge Arata.

Arata's sempai entrusting winning to him.

ED airing the different part of the song.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 28, 2012 10:57 AM

Feb 2012
This is such a good show :') I really don't want it to end and I wish it could be longer than that! This was quite the episode though :D Hope Chihaya can make it along with everyone else.
Feb 28, 2012 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
It feels like the show is just playing with Taichi some more.

I'm glad the child prodigy and her mom were genuine and nice people. I thought they would make them seem like bad guys but it really was a mom who cared for her kid and wanted her to be happy with whatever she does.
Feb 28, 2012 11:24 AM

Sep 2008
Must know Ririka's VA.
Ririka and her mom are so adorable; I'm glad Chihaya is improving both as a person and a player.

Daddy Bear
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2012 12:37 PM

Nov 2009
Felt bad for Taichi at the end but he sure knows how to motivate Arata. Taichi, be selfish, please, and take what you want! In love and live, the winners are those who fight for their goal no matter the means! Good luck, Taichi!

That girl was so cute, but Chihaya kicked ass xD.
Feb 28, 2012 12:43 PM

Sep 2008
bakuramariks said:
Felt bad for Taichi at the end but he sure knows how to motivate Arata. Taichi, be selfish, please, and take what you want! In love and live, the winners are those who fight for their goal no matter the means! Good luck, Taichi!
Taichi lost his libido and can no longer achieve Ginga Bishounen status. Besides, he knows he can;t win against Arata's sexy voice resonating in Chihaya's memories? Do we ever see flashback with Taichi? NOPE! Bwahahahahaha!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2012 12:51 PM

Jul 2010
Another great episode. I have yet to see a mediocre episode in this show, but it doesn't seem to happen. And I'm glad about it.

My reaction was pretty much the same as the groups was, when they saw Taichi reading cards from his memory. That's some nice memory. The match between Ririka and Chihaya was really interesting to watch, as it was pretty much Chihaya fighting with her old self.

HawthorneKitty said:
Must know Ririka's VA.

I'm quite sure that was Chopper's VA Ootani Ikue, her voice is quite different from the rest after all. (Just checked the credits, and it was her indeed.)
dwsFeb 28, 2012 1:05 PM
Feb 28, 2012 12:55 PM
Aug 2011
Love this episode. It was really amusing.

Lol Daddy Bear on Chihaya's mind, and I think Sudo is hilarious.
If I wasn't suffering from the Taichi/Chihaya/Arata triangle I would ship Sudo and Chihaya.

The little girl was such a good sport.
She was more enjoyable than that lady that kept saying 'lucky' all the time.

4 ep. left ;~;
Feb 28, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
I WANT TO KNOW what Arata answered Taichi in the text message. Episode, why u end at that moment? NOT COOL!

Never seen an anime where the two main guys are sooo amazing and equally likable.
Feb 28, 2012 1:25 PM

Jul 2010
Crap! Just a couple episodes and we're done :(. Has anybody read the manga? Can I just pick it up after the anime ends or are there major changes?
Feb 28, 2012 1:49 PM
Apr 2010
I swear Arata doesn't need to have any lines and he's still a large pillar of this show. It's intense. Can't wait until the 3 of them get officially reunited. :)
Feb 28, 2012 1:51 PM
Dec 2007
Sheer perfection.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 28, 2012 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
YESS!!!!!! CHIHAYA FINALLY IS WINNING!! ;_______;

Im tired of her losing all the time v__v

And I REALLY HOPE we can have a 2nd season! DDDD;

Like, arnt there 50 karuta cards? Each episode is one of the poems on the card..
This season has 25 episodes, so 25 card titles..
Maybe IF we get a second seaon we can get finish the next 25 cards T__T

But Im just speaking my dreams T__T
Feb 28, 2012 2:22 PM

Apr 2008
That 6th grader was cute, very cute when she teared up and managed to get a card.
Such a beautiful personality.
Yet another great ep.

And Arata`s accent is still weird to me, but it`s growing on me, I had to hold back my laugh when his friends and him was talking to eachother at the end there :P

Feb 28, 2012 3:18 PM

Apr 2009
Oh boy oh boy, I really wonder how they'll wrap the story up in the next few episodes.
Feb 28, 2012 3:30 PM

Jun 2011
Chihaya is getting better!

Taichi lies about being in the qualifier?!
Feb 28, 2012 3:46 PM

May 2011
Shih said:
Chihaya is getting better!

Taichi lies about being in the qualifier?!

Actually he wrote that it was his Goal... He didn't say anything about being in it.
Feb 28, 2012 3:47 PM

Apr 2008
SixFlags said:
Oh boy oh boy, I really wonder how they'll wrap the story up in the next few episodes.

If you expect them to have a final without any lose ends, you`ll end up frustrated.
I`m pretty sure there will be another season.

Feb 28, 2012 4:08 PM
Feb 2012
I almost cried when they showed the scene with the little girl being bullied because of her big ears. I too was bullied because of those features :'[

Also, Arata's friend Murao, sounded like he was singing to him with a T-Pain voice during the flashback.
Feb 28, 2012 4:44 PM

May 2010
Chihaya was thinking about Arata again <3
>.<

Nice episode. :D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Feb 28, 2012 4:48 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode. I just noticed Arata's cellphone was pink. Cute.
Feb 28, 2012 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
Chihaya is going to be swept off her feet by Arata. Only 1st place gets the prize, sorry Taichi.
Feb 28, 2012 6:02 PM

Jan 2008
I think they should have left the ending animation out this time around and just kept the music playing while Arata shows more of his reaction to his senior member that he looked up to when he was younger. I think that moment needed to be flushed out a bit more since it felt really rushed as soon as the text came in cutting Arata off in his moment of dismay...although that may have been intentional on the director's part.
Feb 28, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2011
That was beautiful. I'm glad Chihaya finally won a match. Loving Taichi and Arata's bromance. We definitely need a second season :'(
Feb 28, 2012 9:08 PM

Jun 2009
That was a cute kid lol
I laughed when Harada-sensei was telling Chihaya to use her speed XD He's so cool. And I can't believe Chihaya made that bet =.=

I'm praying for a second season...I can wait
Feb 29, 2012 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
Des said:
SixFlags said:

If you expect them to have a final without any lose ends, you`ll end up frustrated.

I certainly hope so, I guess in these last 4 episodes only the eastern qualifiers and probably a wrap up episode are going to be covered.

I just don't like the fact that a second season hasn't been anounced yet. So the second season most likely won't start in spring D:
Feb 29, 2012 3:36 AM

May 2010
Great episode..The ending song was different seems like part of its full song.
Feb 29, 2012 7:30 AM

Jan 2010
SECOND SEASON ANNOUNCEMENT WHERE!?!?

I think I'll DIE if this show doesn't get a second season! I have a sinking feeling that it's going to wrap the anime up at the end of the Eastern Qualifier T_T I WANT MOAR!

Now to the episode~ That 6th grader was really cute and likeable! It really was like a present Chihaya VS old Chihaya match! She saw the similarities between Ririka's playstyle and her old play-style! Chihaya really is maturing! As Docter/Sensei said she needs to learn ALL she can to stand a chance agaisnt the hard players, especially the queen, the master and Arata! She now knows to strategize during the match and is working on her timing. She still has a way to go though! I think she has to work on her memorization of the cards/poems a little though so that she can be able to be her swift self and swing at the right time BUT hit the right cards! No more dead/wrong cards Chihaya! It's been pointing out that that is her fault and I'm OH SO HAPPY she's working on improving it!

The Arata-Taichi bromance was A-DOR-A-BLE >_< I'm glad Arata is giving it his all in the Westen qualifier!! I feel SO BAD for Taichi! He won't get his chance to have his battle with Arata for awhile T_T PLUS I swear he's this shows punching bag! ALL THE BAD CRAP HAPPENS TO HIM! I swear the mangaka must of had a sadistic urge to always hurt him :'( POOR TAICHI! xD

In the love triangle... I still don't care who she ends up with! If it's ANY of them I think it'll be Arata but I LOVE both of them!! They both suit her for completely different reasons and theres chemistry EVERYWHERE!

CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK! The wait is a killer every week >_<
Feb 29, 2012 8:55 AM

May 2010
Sudo is just hilarious as ever!!! XD

Great episode as usual.
Feb 29, 2012 9:47 AM

Feb 2010
Chihaya was so awesome in this episode.I love the way she was eating chocolate xDDD Her expressions were were funny and cute.
Sudou is cute sadist xDD That's why I like him :3 That bet with Chihaya was hilarious.
I NEED SEASON 2!!!!!
Feb 29, 2012 9:52 AM
Oct 2008
I like Sado as well! (In real life I probably would be frightened by him).

Chihaya made quite an unfair bet T.T
Feb 29, 2012 10:26 AM
Jan 2011
oh wow, Chihaya is pitted against a kid.
Feb 29, 2012 12:08 PM

Jan 2012
I love this anime! I loved this episode!
Taichi has such a good memory *o*
Haha Arata's phone was pink xD
Feb 29, 2012 3:45 PM

Mar 2008
This series is made with love, an incredibly entertaining episode again.

I have no idea if there's enough original content for a second season, the first season hasn't ended and I want more already, want more so badly!
Feb 29, 2012 4:46 PM
Aug 2009
Well I'm just glad that it isn's Gonzo that made the anime, I mean their second seasons either come out a century later or never at all (T.T still waiting for Saki). As for the episode itself, Ririka is interesting and the show has introduced quite a number of powerhouses over the span of a few episodes, it will be highly entertaining to see more pop-up and if there is a second season please for the love of Karuta make Ririka a recurring character :D. That is all!
Feb 29, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2007
despell said:
I don't have any interest in karuta....bleeh!
we need more drama, romance

Usually I agree with this. And I still kind of do. I loved seeing those earlier moments where Taichi struggled with his feelings for Chihaya. But, it is a sport anime first. And karuta is the main appeal of, with very small parts of romance/drama sprinkled in. Why not watch an anime that's supposed to be drama/romance for that, then? xD
Feb 29, 2012 7:01 PM

Jul 2011
F-four more episodes!?!?

Another season please! And that felt so short!!

Will Chihaya get her winning streak??
Mar 1, 2012 2:05 AM

Oct 2011
I wonder how they're going to end it.
Manga is still coming out so let us hope for the next season ; D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2012 4:00 AM

Apr 2011
ANYONE ELSE HEAR THE DIFFERENT VERSE IN THE ED? FRIGGIN AWESOME.

That's right, I actually watch anime ED's. Great ep.
Mar 1, 2012 6:32 AM

Jan 2008
gahh this show is perfect.

Mar 1, 2012 1:18 PM

Dec 2006
aw what a nice episode *w* wait...What if Chihaya loses her bet? o-o!! lol
I love Arata<3~ and his pink cell phone lol
I don't want this anime to end T^T!!
Mar 1, 2012 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
this anime is marvelously sweet
Mar 1, 2012 7:42 PM

Nov 2007
Please tell me there will be a second season! Onegai!

I am so in love with this anime I am already starting to feel that I will miss it a lot! T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2012 7:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nice change in ED.

Epic once again.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 1, 2012 9:56 PM
Sep 2011
Shubidubi said:
I almost cried when they showed the scene with the little girl being bullied because of her big ears. I too was bullied because of those features :'[

Also, Arata's friend Murao, sounded like he was singing to him with a T-Pain voice during the flashback.

I know what you mean, Shubidubi! I cried at that part too! I also cried when her mom said, "If karuta is what you need to make you like yourself, then do it."

So emotional >.<
Mar 1, 2012 10:34 PM

Jul 2011
Shubidubi said:

ur ears r so big......u probably heard the sun come up
"People say anime is for losers. The truth is that real men watch shows about school girls and their lives." - flyingmonkeys99
Mar 1, 2012 10:44 PM

Mar 2010
Loved the little loli prodigy~
She was cuutee~~~

And wait a second.

Arata's phone is Pink? I just noticed that??xD
Greaaat~
If this keeps going the way it does, Taichi's gonna end up with Arata instead of Chihaiya~~x'DD

Mar 1, 2012 11:52 PM

Nov 2009
Hahaha, Sudo quietly appear outside the room.
Nobody fuss about the bald head dare anymore.
Want to see Sudo eat back his words... muahahaha

More parts of the ending song revealed. yay!
Mar 3, 2012 5:26 AM

Aug 2007
Ahahaha, I lol'ed at Chihaya's brains and how full it is with karuta and Daddy Bear and so on. I felt really sorry for Ririka when she opened the door and they were talking about her, but then there was Chihaya. Well done, Chihaya!
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 3, 2012 4:08 PM

Jul 2011
Des said:
SixFlags said:

This
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 29, 2011

216 by minnaslay127 »»
Apr 24, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Oct 11, 2011

180 by saabiK »»
Mar 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2011

146 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 1, 2011

182 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 12, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Confucius - Oct 10, 2011

115 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 11, 2:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.