3It was OK
4.7%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.6
1,162 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 18, 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
Now that their fight is over, Sunraku and his teammates can finally move on. That was their toughest quest yet in game.

Momo from the Schwarzer Wolf makes an appearance and she kinda reminds me of Arthur somewhat. Speaking of Arthur, she still shows her badass aside and let her words speak her mind.
Feb 18, 1:42 AM
Jul 2023
The episode when through like a breeze, 30 minutes felt too short. The satisfaction and excitement of defeating a unique boss emanating even in real life.
Feb 18, 2:31 AM

Feb 2021
3:08 Lmao 天晴 (tensei) - "sky clear", Weathermon's attack (not a real word) and 天晴れ (appare) - "splendid; praiseworthy; admirable; brilliant" are written with the exact same characters.

17:31 Iirc "Faeria Chronicle Online" is the game from the first episode where Sunraku kicked the elf in the face.

Soooooo, did they get any loot? I guess it's gonna be revealed later.
Man, this has the best cliffhangers lol
Interesting how their victory and names were announced to everyone. They won't be able to be in public at all now. Good episode!

To everyone saying that SLF Theaters take time from the episode: The ED ends at around 24 minutes, which is the regular anime episode length. Episodes in SLF are 26-27 minutes long, meaning that theaters are actually additional content that doesn't take time away from the episode.
The one this week was cool too. It refers to how Ashura Kai guys were chasing Sunraku back in episode 9
EmbientFeb 18, 2:46 AM
Feb 18, 2:40 AM

Oct 2017
Well, that's a disappointment.
Thought we'd get some real deep backstory of Unique monster + unique quest
Turns out it's as barebone as it gets like a lot of MMO...

We got a special ED for Wethermon but then i can hardly feel emotionally attached to Setsu and Wethermon since we still know nothing about them.
Why he turns undead? What is the meaning of the song? Why is she singing? Why is the pvp girl cares so much about Setsu?
All we get is some sad song and quest completion notice...
Ventus_SFeb 18, 3:07 AM
Feb 18, 3:08 AM

Oct 2017
Is this your kokoro, lol the two of them teasing Pencilgon was hilarious. Dunno why they decided to translate kokoro as soul and not heart in the sub title though. There were some other questionable translation choices in the sub title too during the announcement and stuff. I much prefer the manga translation.

Anyway shafro's story has progressed to a new stage and according to Setsuna they gotta look for Bahamut next to find out more. Excited for that.

Word about them beating the unique got out, was fun watching others reaction to it. Pencilgon vs Psyger 0 was lit. Here's to a fresh start for Pencilgon from here on out.
Feb 18, 3:08 AM
Apr 2018
best as always , i loved it verry much
Feb 18, 3:11 AM

Jun 2016
Shangri La Frontier just continues to prove further and further to me why it is one of my favourite animes of recent time. So much fun. I love the main trio, and it is always great to watch. And as time progress, I like Pencilgon more and more though I already love Pencilgon a lot. Interested and excited to see where she goes after this after basically dropping right out of Ashura Kai. Did not know that guy was her brother 😂
Gift by Mimurona

Feb 18, 3:25 AM
Sep 2015
Sadly Sunraku isn't that much into the story the game provide, but at least he get his fun from the gameplay.

I've to check the official website if Arthur and Orcelot are really related, and yes, the website said they're "real siblings", though not clear who's older. Though Sunraku seems to think that Arthur is older sister.

Sunraku love to narrate battle scene, could this hint that Sunraku aim to be sports commentator or news anchor in the future....
Feb 18, 3:46 AM
Jul 2015
Just when the multi-episode filler is finally over they go into the next round? Pls, just kill her already and go back to the silly comedy this show is all about.
Feb 18, 4:05 AM

Sep 2013
This adaptation is amazing. I really want to see season 2 and the GGC arc.
Feb 18, 4:27 AM

Dec 2018
Wethermon was super sad. At the end did she accidentally kill everyone? At least with the end he had a real mic and not a mushroom.
Feb 18, 4:37 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well that's it i guess. Game story updated, progressing into 12%. As expected now Sunraku, and ofc for the rest, becomes more popular than before. But to think there's a new continent tho. Perhaps Sunraku also wanna go to the dark continent as well?

But before that, Psyger-0 visiting them thanks to the updated pk-prevention phone-a-friend signal. Pencilgon brother death. Pencilgon now had an excuse to challenge Psyger-0. Wow that lady really loves to battle, eh? B2B for Pencilgon, now that's what i call ggwp...

Emul on slf theatre, so damn noisy. Miss her so much already tho. So let's see if our mini rabbit get a screentime next week!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 18, 4:38 AM

Jan 2014
They didn't show us the loot. The MVP is clearly Sunraku. Great assist Pencilgon and OiKatzu. Killing one colossi only got us to 12% of the world story. Sweet!

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Feb 18, 4:45 AM

Feb 2021
That last attack skill just like destroying the world itself XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 18, 4:48 AM

Sep 2023
The only questionable thing for me in this episode is how PVE player is stronger than a bunch of PVP players?
Feb 18, 4:58 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to Mainnus
The episode when through like a breeze, 30 minutes felt too short. The satisfaction and excitement of defeating a unique boss emanating even in real life.
@Mainnus

Well, it's really only 20 minutes long.
Feb 18, 5:14 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, finally a conclusion. That was cool.

Rei in action. 🥲
CrazyButNot4UFeb 18, 5:18 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 18, 5:50 AM
Jan 2024
i dont know how many eps for sunraku beat weathermon but its really good, finally I can sleep soundly tonight
Feb 18, 6:02 AM

Apr 2022
And then it ends right when exciting things start happening again :(

Perhaps Psyger-0 will replace Pencil in that trio from now on? One can hope.
Feb 18, 6:12 AM
Oct 2020
This episode is like what Killjoy say "Cool Cool Cool!".
Feb 18, 6:33 AM
Jul 2020
Ventus_S said:

We got a special ED for Wethermon but then i can hardly feel emotionally attached to Setsu and Wethermon since we still know nothing about them.
Why he turns undead? What is the meaning of the song? Why is she singing? Why is the pvp girl cares so much about Setsu?

did you watch the whole show?
Feb 18, 6:58 AM

Dec 2021
You know, it's strange that they didn't get a SIGNLE reward for defeating one of the major bosses in the game... Well, at least they cleaned out the pockets of those Ashura Kai dudes.

With Psyger-0 being on the KV of this arc, I was expecting her to start making moves at some point, and I guess that point is right now.

Feb 18, 7:20 AM
Jun 2015
Reply to GoombaGeorge
Ventus_S said:

@GoombaGeorge

Yeah I'm super confused by ALL of their posts about this show especially with the past claims of having played MMO's. The music/singing is clearly the anime not the game and people developing strong bonds of attachments to characters sometimes with the bare minimum of character knowledge is pretty much all the time in games. Not to mention there's clearly more going on than just what we got.
Feb 18, 8:22 AM
May 2021
Battle is finally over, was a good fight still.
Feb 18, 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
Where are the rewards?

Just goes to show what levels and equipment in an MMO can do.
Feb 18, 9:13 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to phantomfandom
Sadly Sunraku isn't that much into the story the game provide, but at least he get his fun from the gameplay.

I've to check the official website if Arthur and Orcelot are really related, and yes, the website said they're "real siblings", though not clear who's older. Though Sunraku seems to think that Arthur is older sister.

Sunraku love to narrate battle scene, could this hint that Sunraku aim to be sports commentator or news anchor in the future....
@phantomfandom arthur is the older she around 24, orcelot is 15.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Feb 18, 9:31 AM
Oct 2016
Even after defeating Wethermon the work isn't done. We got some emotional scenes with Setsuna explaining whom she is and what her place in the Wethermon story is. Now that he's been defeated she can move on as well, Pencilgon having a heartfelt reaction to seeing Setsuna depart. Sunraku and Katzo are relentless with the teasing Pencilgon about actually having a heart. The game itself announcing to the whole player base that these three defeated a legendary monster is both good and bad since now they're equally revered accomplishing that which no one had before but also they'll be infamous and everyone will target them. The notion of a world story separate from the game story is interesting, like there's another layer to this game that's hard to progress through, or even known, for most players. Pencilgon luring her brother to that spot and having Sunraku summon Psyger 0 was awesome. Not letting those guys get away at all, stealing their loot as a nice bonus. Pencilgon being very noble of leaving her old ways behind and starting fresh with a new character. But not wanting to just lay down and die she wants to go out fighting with Psyger0. She has the right mindset to begin a better path.
Feb 18, 9:38 AM

Dec 2022
question for manga readers is shangri la mini in anime only just to fill in time or the manga also has this mini

anyway who knew attack master was so strong she would have been a better fit for the team than arthur because she was somewhat useless expect the amount she spend on that battle that was very useful
Feb 18, 9:54 AM
Dec 2017
Good fight,yes, good anime, yes
Feb 18, 10:07 AM
Apr 2018
psyger-0's "attack master" title isnt for nothing, damn shes too op, i want to see her going againts wezaemon
Feb 18, 10:40 AM
Apr 2019
The fight between Psyger-0 and Arthur Pencilgon is interesting as we get to see skills of Psyger-0 which we haven't seen before her character's skills were certainly a mystery till this point
Feb 18, 11:54 AM
May 2021
this is literally the best rpg game related anime I have ever seen. The characters, action, animation, soundtrack everywhere it's so dam good
Feb 18, 11:55 AM
May 2021
Zaxphred said:
question for manga readers is shangri la mini in anime only just to fill in time or the manga also has this mini

anyway who knew attack master was so strong she would have been a better fit for the team than arthur because she was somewhat useless expect the amount she spend on that battle that was very useful

I guess it's those bonus chapters of manga. I haven't read the manga but it feels so
Feb 18, 12:12 PM
Jun 2015
Reply to Zaxphred

@Zaxphred

It's anime only, but it works since the manga volumes have something similar with bonus written chapters(as in, WN/LN written) that are similar as well as trivia chapters explaining backstory and in-game mechanics.

Pencilgon was actually a legit good choice due to a mechanic that will be explained later in a very likely S2 whenever we get that.
Feb 18, 12:16 PM
Oct 2020
A game evolving according to the actions of the players. It's not a unique concept these days, but damn, this anime's showing it quite well. Hell, in reality, I think we're quite close to having games like that. Shangri-La Frontier is setting a good example for what to see in a "God-tier game", and we can take inspiration from that.
Feb 18, 3:11 PM
Apr 2023
Literally my only complaint is the overuse of cliffhangers, most episodes end with some type of cliffhanger even when it isn't necessary. Fantastic episode tho this shows been alot of fun so far, can't wait to see what happens next.
Feb 18, 4:04 PM

Feb 2019
Still blows my mind how they managed to give more personality and character to a video game special boss than some seasonal shows give to the big bad of an entire arc. Such a beautiful end to Setsuna and her lover’s story. Could not help but tear up a little during she and Arthur’s farewell.

It’s really cool that the world has a global progression system similar to SAO, but also the recently released helldivers ii, which I now wanna play after this episode lol. We’re only 12 percent thru the SLF story so man I wonder what else they’ll throw at us.

Now that everyone knows who took down wethermon, things will get very interesting for Sunraku and the others. Can’t wait to see the next unique boss they take on.

Wasn’t expecting to see Psyger 0 vs Arthur but man that was fun. Need more of them interacting honestly. Hopefully now that the wethermon fight is done she’ll go on quests with them
Marinate1016Feb 18, 4:27 PM
Feb 18, 4:06 PM

Jun 2020
They guys got outed by the game to the entire playerbase, now they will never know peace again.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Feb 18, 4:08 PM

Nov 2023
The Wethermon fight is finally over, and now the group can move onto the next unique monster.

They also got global recognition in the game, so I wonder what will happen to them once they leave the area.
Feb 18, 4:17 PM

Mar 2018
A satisfying ending to a decent arc. The fight scenes were solid. Definitely more excited about the setup of the world now. Excited to see how the world treats the 3 of them after all that (Probably unwanted) publicity. I wonder how things will change for them from here on out.
Feb 18, 4:26 PM

Feb 2019
Zaxphred said:

It’s a LN originally so no
Feb 18, 4:40 PM
Oct 2019
The end of this arc was good, I really liked the episode and I think the next ones will be even better, I hope!!!
Feb 18, 6:17 PM

Feb 2012
I think the Wethermon fight went a little long but it was still great overall. Sad we didn't get to see the loot. I'm looking forward to the extra trouble Sunraku is gonna go thru since their character names were announced to everyone.

Psyger-0 looks op af.
Feb 18, 7:46 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Zaxphred

@Zaxphred That's not necessarily true. That boss fight curb everyone level to 50, thus Psyger 0 probably wouldn't have access to her most destructive skills. In other hand enemy attacks were basically 1hko. Evasion was name of the game and if you think it about even if Rei were able come with same strategy (which she wouldn't) she would be still as "useless" early in combat as she would need do exactly same thing as Arthur ie managing scales. And when Arthur eventually joined battle she was one to figure Kirin weak spot and to destroyed it. Thus at best Psyger 0 would be at very best equally useful against this particular boss, but she is no leader nor strategist, so I don't think it could work

I am not saying she wouldn't be MUCH better against different unique though.
Tenzen12Feb 18, 7:53 PM
Feb 18, 8:52 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to GoombaGeorge
Ventus_S said:

@GoombaGeorge I watched it weekly duh.
None of my questions are explained. This is like the most barebone backstory i've seen from a villain that has been built up for almost a full season.
A girl dies, someone guard her grave, she sings cuz reasons. PVP girl empathize her. Period, that's all we got.
Feel free to elaborate more mr. genius.
Feb 18, 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
so there is a final boss called bahamut eh

also now everyone knows they defeated weathermon
Feb 18, 10:12 PM
Apr 2023
With all that comedy and chaos that happened, I already forgot how much difficulty they had to take down Weathermon 😆
But looks like with every Unique monster a player defeats, a new content is unlocked in the game.
PS. Hidaka/Uchida Rina seems to had fun voicing Emul this episode
Feb 18, 11:13 PM

Feb 2019
does this mean pencilgon's gonna make a comeback as a non-PKer after psyger-0 disposes of her? i think the four of them will make a wild and crazy team if ever they decided to party-up lol
Feb 19, 12:21 AM
Oct 2019
Goodbye Setsuna.
I'm still curious why Pencilgon cared so much about Setsuna.

And they didn't even show us the Loot.
WTF.

Finally Psyger-0 is here!!
Feb 19, 1:21 AM
Jul 2020
Ventus_S said:
@GoombaGeorge I watched it weekly duh.
None of my questions are explained. This is like the most barebone backstory i've seen from a villain that has been built up for almost a full season.
A girl dies, someone guard her grave, she sings cuz reasons. PVP girl empathize her. Period, that's all we got.
Feel free to elaborate more mr. genius.

either watch the show again and you might figure it out as it shows you some of that stuff.
and some of it is obviously being saved to reveal later, you think everytime anything happens in a show it needs an in depth explantaion, no, you need some mystery, some missing details to get people immersed in the story and to theorise what will happen next or what something meant. As an anime only watcher, I and every single person ive seen online other than you think this is done really well.

or you can just stop watching if you think its so bad, but if you dont understand why this show did what it did then youll struggle with a lot of shows, I personally recommend you watch thomas the tank engine or something they dont have any of this storytelling nonsense.

ps. she wasnt singing, it was a song playing in the background, you know like all shows play songs that fulfil the mood and isnt something the characters actually hear
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31

110 by PrimeX »»
Jun 22, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24

61 by PrimeX »»
Jun 21, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17

48 by PrimeX »»
Jun 20, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2023

108 by Uramaku »»
Jun 20, 4:55 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10

53 by PrimeX »»
Jun 20, 10:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.