3It was OK
9.5%
2Disliked it
1.1%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.4
621 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 10, 2023 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
It's actually incredible how far Keitarou and the others go to save Ai. They don't even know her that long but is going to such lengths.

I also find the relationship and chemistry between him and Yayoi kinda strange. Their bike scene in particular had a peculiar feeling but I like the way both characters work together toward their goal. Plus, he needs Yayoi on their mission.
Sep 10, 2023 9:33 AM

Dec 2021
These kids are no longer dealing with low level spirits, they're dealing with literal gods,

To capture the god that haunts Ai, Keitaro, and Eiko, decide to reconsider their strategy from scratch.. They need greater firepower to counter the overwhelmingly powerful deity. Thanks to Yayoi's suggestion, a nationwide exorcism tour across Japan commences.

Ngl, this arc we're about to commence is getting me hyped. The goal is to make all the spirits eat themselves at each other one by one until there's only one standing. Although the episode had just started the spirit wasn't playing by already playing a trick on Yayoi and locking them inside the room. Yayoi's plan isn't a bad one either, going to all the most haunted place in Japan and capturing them for the battle royale at the end to see who come out on top! Aw, that bike ride was so sweet. Yayoi has grown so much as a character from the beginning of the series. She no longer sees Keitaro as a decoy, but as a friend, a partner that protects her.

The first place to start off the Cannibalism plan is none other than the "H Castle Ruins" with a S-Danger Rank.

Sep 10, 2023 10:33 AM
Sep 2021
To defeat the god yayoi and keitarou will now go on ghost hunting so that they could have a fighting chance. The hunt has just begun.
Sep 10, 2023 10:34 AM

Feb 2021
Btw in the manga instead of a thumbs down Yayoi showed a middle finger lol
7:12 Damn it's cool how the subs changed the font here. This is the first time I see something like this in official subs.
So now we have a clear path and goal.
The graduate is the plush at the start of the ED! I knew I've seen it somewhere.
Sep 10, 2023 10:47 AM
Nov 2015
Gotta train your team to catch a legendary pokemon.
Sep 10, 2023 10:48 AM

Jun 2015
Partner upgrade from bait confirmed. S-rank ghost hunting. lets go!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 10, 2023 11:02 AM

Jul 2011
Being honest, with this country-wide tour plan, now the early part of this series feels like meh. Now is 8 strong ghosts and 2 super strong ones, and just 15 episodes.
Sep 10, 2023 11:13 AM

Mar 2020
This country wide tour feels like some kind of thing you'd find in a video game, with the ghost hunting and danger ranks and all. Feels like things are just beginning, with many dangers up ahead. Not gonna lie, I'm getting quite excited for this.
Sep 10, 2023 11:44 AM

Feb 2019
Whew! Wild episode and it looks like the story is really about to get going in earnest now.

The “graduate” process that Yayoi employs to get the strongest spirits possible is really wild. That was such a brutal scene with them all having a battle royale to decide the winner. The blood splatter everywhere.. haunting scenes. But it is a necessary evil because taking down a god is no easy task.

Yayoi saying she has beaten gods before made me pause for a minute, just how old is this girl πŸ˜‚

“Welcome to the grand tour, grand tour” I’m really looking forward to seeing them go around grabbing the strongest spirits and building an army. Saw a few people saying it’s rushed, don’t agree with that at all. They’ve been building up slowly to an overarching arc for a while now and I’m glad it’s here. With 15 episodes to go there should be enough time

And after planning all that and getting a new “graduate”, Yayoi still has homework to do πŸ˜‚ a reminder that she is still very young despite all the craziness she’s been through. Love how she can tackle literal gods and spirits but homework is her biggest fear. And of course her cousin Eiko is only concerned about whether or not she can drive.

Very rare and cute blushing Yayoi moment there! “You’re a great partner” great episode πŸ‘
Marinate1016Sep 10, 2023 11:51 AM
Sep 10, 2023 12:05 PM
May 2021
This anime is amazing bro πŸ”₯πŸ”₯, plot going πŸ“ˆπŸ“ˆ. It can become 10/10 for me πŸ”₯
Sep 10, 2023 12:06 PM
May 2021
BlichoBoy said:
Being honest, with this country-wide tour plan, now the early part of this series feels like meh. Now is 8 strong ghosts and 2 super strong ones, and just 15 episodes.

Story not gonna end there bruh. Manga is ongoing so chances of S2 is there
Sep 10, 2023 12:08 PM
May 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Whew! Wild episode and it looks like the story is really about to get going in earnest now.

The “graduate” process that Yayoi employs to get the strongest spirits possible is really wild. That was such a brutal scene with them all having a battle royale to decide the winner. The blood splatter everywhere.. haunting scenes. But it is a necessary evil because taking down a god is no easy task.

Yayoi saying she has beaten gods before made me pause for a minute, just how old is this girl πŸ˜‚

“Welcome to the grand tour, grand tour” I’m really looking forward to seeing them go around grabbing the strongest spirits and building an army. Saw a few people saying it’s rushed, don’t agree with that at all. They’ve been building up slowly to an overarching arc for a while now and I’m glad it’s here. With 15 episodes to go there should be enough time

And after planning all that and getting a new “graduate”, Yayoi still has homework to do πŸ˜‚ a reminder that she is still very young despite all the craziness she’s been through. Love how she can tackle literal gods and spirits but homework is her biggest fear. And of course her cousin Eiko is only concerned about whether or not she can drive.

Very rare and cute blushing Yayoi moment there! “You’re a great partner” great episode πŸ‘

That blood splatter was πŸ”₯πŸ˜‚. Pure massacre of spirits
Sep 10, 2023 12:12 PM
Dec 2021
From now on, the show will getting more horror!
Sep 10, 2023 12:38 PM

May 2020
Literally pokemon xD

We knew it was a thing, but Yayoi literally describing the hierarchy of spirits was still funny. Though since they're talking about a cross country trip to rack up their resources, I'll have to wonder how Keitaro and Eiko gonna manage things on university end lol. But that being that, Yayoi has already baited Keitaro into going at a super haunted place.

These guys just never rest smh.
Sep 10, 2023 12:39 PM
Sep 2022
Dang! It was a cool episode. Catching a literal god and stuff. Hope it ramps up the horror as well.
Sep 10, 2023 12:41 PM
May 2022
Horror and gore, "letsa goooo!".
Sep 10, 2023 1:05 PM

Sep 2013
The personas Yaoi already capture seems crazy strong, love the glimpse of chara design we got for them, wonder if we'll get some sort of fights between curses from this point, seeing the curse app almost makes me want this to be a game where you chase curses lol

anime's been pretty fun these last eps not gonna lie
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 10, 2023 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
Gonna be interesting to see how and how quickly they will be able to catch spirits/ghosts.

They started the hunt with an S class straight away, will they take the level into account or just relative distance to the next?
Sep 10, 2023 2:09 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode

getting better and better

i can't wait for next week...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 10, 2023 2:48 PM
Jan 2023
I made a post about it but I thought I'd mention it here: the manga is getting its 4th reprint, and the manga has surpassed 1 million copies sold.
Sep 10, 2023 3:53 PM

Nov 2013
Battle royal for spirits lol. Damn, Yayoi wants to conquer the entire nation huh? Nice!
Sep 10, 2023 4:34 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
And I thought the plot thickened last episode, the scale just grew so much lol. Before we were just randomly encountering ghosts but now the gang is going to the most haunted places in the country to seek out powerful ghosts, if this wasn’t already Pokemon it definitely is now lol, gotta catch those legendary ghosties. I’m not sure if all of those places will have an arc or if a lot of them will be done in a montage or something but I’m really looking forward to the gang checking these places out, I think it’ll be very exciting and spooky!

And this episode had some great bits, the first one where the ghost that defeated all of Yayoi’s other ghosts to become a “graduate” was both spooky and fun, it’s never a good time when a ghost can fuck with your phone and thankfully no one answered the call, Eiko nearly did but thankfully they stopped her right before she did, and I saw some folks saying she was a dumbass for that but she probably wasn’t thinking straight with the chaos ensuing so I can forgive her for it.

And Keitaro’s heart to heart with Yayoi while riding a bike together was really sweet, and a nice break from the spooks too. Of course this didn’t last long with Yayoi dragging Keitaro out on another ghost hunt but it was nice while it lasted lol.
Sep 10, 2023 4:50 PM
Jan 2023
The size of the mission at hand has grown. They picked a fight with a god, and now are training up spirits to catch the god. What is this, Pokémon!? I mean, it is adapted by the same studio as Pokémon, so maybe?

Also, since when could a ghost mess with phones, that is kinda scary. Loved the font change with the subs too, that was a nice touch, wish more shows did that.

Keitarou has ranked up from bait to partner, about time really.

A haunted tour of Japan sounds like fun, can't wait to see what wild adventures they get up to. The wait for the next episode is getting harder and harder now, this show is just getting better and better.
Sep 10, 2023 5:13 PM
Jun 2014
Great Ep of Dark Gathering! After the carnage all the spirits had a battle royal for top spirit abuser lol. Was funny with the spirit getting pissed she wasn't picking up the phone lol.

Its clear these gods hold a lot of influence to cause the amount of damage to Yayoi room. Pretty insane and funny we now entered Rpg mode with speccing out our spirits and doing combination to boost the squad to fight a boss raid lol. Even got various "dungeon like" spots with difficulty levels. Would be funny if they made a dark gathering game out of it.

Its nice our MC moved up from ghost bait to a decent partner now, good bonding moment. Ironically he got used as bait to go to a secret S rank spot on the get go just to test out a new graduate. Starting off with such a creepy spot hope next ep will be great! Let's GHOOOOO.
Sep 10, 2023 6:00 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Stark700
It's actually incredible how far Keitarou and the others go to save Ai. They don't even know her that long but is going to such lengths.

I also find the relationship and chemistry between him and Yayoi kinda strange. Their bike scene in particular had a peculiar feeling but I like the way both characters work together toward their goal. Plus, he needs Yayoi on their mission.
@Stark700 I dont find it strange cuz their goals are ultimately align
Yayoi need to God and powerful spirit to beat her mortal enemy , and she can save Ai during the process too, so there's no reason not to help her.
Sep 10, 2023 6:02 PM

Sep 2011
Gotta catch em all! Yokai Watch!
Sep 10, 2023 7:06 PM

Oct 2022
This seems like a really good set up for a creature collector RPG lol.
UndefeatedBahamut
Sep 10, 2023 7:06 PM

Feb 2021
So the main plot starts now.

I wonder how they will manage to have time for college when they have to travel all across the country...
Sep 10, 2023 7:47 PM
Jul 2020
It’s impressive, really.

I’m actually starting to seriously like Keitarou.

He seemed like the paragon of a boring ass protag, but he actually has quite a bit of characterisation?

Like, bro has a girlfriend, an actual backstory, a shit-ton of fear but enough of a spine to still try to do shit and he even has different relationships with each character.

Like, I took him for a self-insert, but I’m seriously kinda starting to like him now.
Sep 10, 2023 8:21 PM

Jun 2021
Answering a phone call is already scary in itself lol Then that 'graduate' spirit controlled that. They really made it intense when Eiko was about to pick it up. A big fight is awaiting. Keitaro has brought himself into another mess but at least he's not a bait anymore. Yayoi never gets tired. She wants to catch many spirits all over the country, huh?
Sep 10, 2023 8:36 PM

Dec 2022
I thought Eiko would be smart enough to not pick up the phone when she saw yayoi already in the room not calling her, plus after all the supernatural she experienced you think she have some common sense... but still thinking about picking up the phone was such a dumb moment lol
Sep 10, 2023 9:06 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to Apratim
BlichoBoy said:

Story not gonna end there bruh. Manga is ongoing so chances of S2 is there
@Apratim

He probably meant that with just 15 episodes it might be hard to see everything.
In other words: Is the story going to be rushed or just stop at the first third of the trip?
(Maybe)

A concern I fear too.
My candies:
Sep 10, 2023 9:08 PM

Jul 2008
Reply to Redcher
Answering a phone call is already scary in itself lol Then that 'graduate' spirit controlled that. They really made it intense when Eiko was about to pick it up. A big fight is awaiting. Keitaro has brought himself into another mess but at least he's not a bait anymore. Yayoi never gets tired. She wants to catch many spirits all over the country, huh?
@RedCat_cher

She gotta catch 'em all. XD
My candies:
Sep 10, 2023 9:19 PM

Oct 2018
I love how different this is from the rest of the season, always enjoy its episodes.
Sep 10, 2023 9:44 PM

Jun 2021
Reply to NoHeart
@RedCat_cher

She gotta catch 'em all. XD
@NoHeart Pokemon is a thing now in this anime xD
Sep 10, 2023 10:22 PM
Mar 2015
The graduate has joined the Ghost busters on the next phase of their quest to take down a god and death itself
Sep 10, 2023 10:24 PM

Oct 2022
I always feel bad for Keitaro being sucked into these adventures.. I know I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

Sep 10, 2023 10:45 PM
Jan 2023
Their journey will be more exciting and thrilling now. Can't wait to see more powerful sprites
Sep 11, 2023 12:53 AM

Feb 2021
Can't wait to see the power of graduate one :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 11, 2023 1:01 AM
May 2021
NoHeart said:
@Apratim

He probably meant that with just 15 episodes it might be hard to see everything.
In other words: Is the story going to be rushed or just stop at the first third of the trip?
(Maybe)

A concern I fear too.

Ohh I see. Till now it's not rushed at all. They are adapting 1 chapter or 1.5 each episode. So pacing is good
Sep 11, 2023 2:09 AM

May 2019
"Pick up the goddamn phone"
Lmao man was pissed, was that even the subs?
Anyways great introduction to now starting the peak fiction of Dark Gathering. Seeing no censorship on ep 9, Im feeling quite good about what's to come, cause shit is gonna hit the fan.
Sep 11, 2023 2:32 AM

Sep 2018
Pretty good episode, looking forward to seeing these more powerful, more dangerous spirits.
Sep 11, 2023 3:42 AM

Nov 2022
If this S tier is national lvl and they brought a Graduate, then this spirit has to be close to Graduate lvl and this is gonna be fun.
Sep 11, 2023 4:33 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to damoInstinct
I thought Eiko would be smart enough to not pick up the phone when she saw yayoi already in the room not calling her, plus after all the supernatural she experienced you think she have some common sense... but still thinking about picking up the phone was such a dumb moment lol
@damoInstinct Eiko loves fear anyway so she would've liked the thrill, plus, she couldn't hear them from inside, so one could come to think that something bad might've happened to them. There's also the fact that she didn't know Yayoi was leaving the spirits in their house.
Sep 11, 2023 5:25 AM

Mar 2008
I can get why Eiko considered picking up the phone. When someone is trying to contact you two different ways at once then sort of just shut themselves in their room it can get confusing on what they are doing. Fairly tense moment for something so seemingly simple.

Wait hold up Ai just leaves and they dont give her anything that might help with the issue of any ghost that attacks her it gets deflected onto other people near her? No checking her travel path to make sure she doesnt pass bad haunted locations?

I dont know about that plan. Since the god is pretty defiant so it would seem naive to think the god would be cooperative as a mortal's spirit.

Most the humour in this show has been more just silliness not particularly funny but Yayoi turning to stone at the mention of school work had me laugh with the timing.

Nice to see Yayoi actually show some vulnerability and care toward Keitaro. I get that her unemotive demeaner is meant to make her herself creepy to viewers sometimes but I feel it is overused and makes her seem too unstoppable where it makes it hard to worry for her which actually takes away from horror elements.
Sep 11, 2023 5:51 AM

Apr 2014
"Pick up the goddamn phone" I really love it. XD
btw, their first Ghost-type Pokemon catching location is Hachioji Castle Ruins
δ½•γγ‚ŒοΌŸζ„ε‘³εˆ†γ‹γ‚“γͺい
Sep 11, 2023 6:16 AM

Oct 2022
Oh now we know who that bear in the beginning of the ed is, I was wondering why they had some random bear, i thought it was just supposed to be creepy.
Sep 11, 2023 7:32 AM

Dec 2020
Well Yayoi chan has now dealing with a god she had killed one through but they damn strong.
Keitaro and yayoi have an emotional conversation that was a nice moment.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sγ‚·

Sep 11, 2023 7:58 AM

Oct 2022
Looking forward to see one of her graduates in action maybe next episode or 2.
Sep 11, 2023 9:14 AM

Nov 2022
That's a huge leap directly to S rank and how strong is that specter that took her mom anyway don't say that its even stronger than a God.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

132 by ALUCARD47 »»
Today, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

110 by romzanalimohon »»
Jun 24, 7:07 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

67 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

95 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

64 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.