3It was OK
8.2%
2Disliked it
1.4%
1Hated it
1.6%
Average 4.5
4,009 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
Tomo's reaction were comedy gold when watching that romance film. She and Jun had a lot of blushing moments together but honestly, I think it's their chemistry that made the episode that much more amusing. It was also fun seeing Tomo's parents again.

Not going to lie but I also felt this episode was really tense at moments. Jun had something to prove to himself. That fight was a major highlight of Jun's fierce personality. And overall, I thought this episode was really well done and balanced. Probably one of my favorite anime this season.

Jul 2017
Hah, how both Misuzu and Carol goad Tomo into a date with Jun...it's a kisu scene of all things.

It's the Christmas season, and with Tomo all dressed up like a cute girl, she and Junichiro go on a date to watch a romantic movie of all things...and experiencing new things from love...to sex, that Jun is taking things in seriously lols. Jun's present of earrings to Tomo...he feels satisfied of her reaction lols, and Tomo giving him a handmade muffler...it's normal. Time to head home, and spending the time in Jun's room, this is now more awkward than most as compared to before, now that they recognize the love for each other. And all that Tomo's asking for...is a kiss, and Jun's forcing himself to do things that only a couple would do. Though Tomo's mother Akemi can approve of their relationship, it's her father Goro that stubbornly refuses to acknowledge, being the strongest obstacle to be defeated.

The new year's usual shrine visit, and Tomo is nowhere to be seen while both Misuzu and Carol does their prayers. Jun was about to fetch Tomo, but she's still fuming from her dad's abstinence. The condition that they will only be able to date once Jun defeats her dad, and it's a tall order that Tomo will not relent Jun to give up. Said girls not being able to get hold of said redhead, confronts her about her forgetting about their plans, but the point is still there: Jun has to challenge his future father-in-law either way, despite his huge disadvantage. Try as he might, Jun just can't beat Goro, and it turns on the daughter and mother themselves to provide moral support, risking his life for the girl that he loves. And he finally did it, even if it's a punch that momentarily lands Goro's hands on the floor.

With the challenge done, the same question that was said in the beginning of the series...is asked from Jun to Tomo this time, and this is coupled with Tomo's eventual kiss. Though aggressive, it's nice to finally see the relationship come to fruition.

A good rom-com that gets its starting point to the finish line, clear and concise.
The manga adaptation, faithfully complete with heaps of small content skips in-between.
KANLen09Mar 29, 2023 10:27 AM

May 2020
Post confession.. which means we can see our pair going on an official date. Though it really does not matter much, as these two were already doing that for the past many years. Getting red is a new addition I guess.

Anyways a movie date, and the movie was…  just as the title suggested, No kiss no life. So all they did was kiss the whole time lol. Though it may be lacking substance, it did give enough motivation to our couple to actually think about the most important thing to do while dating.. getting on top of each other. But hey as if things will go smoothly. 

They didn’t cut this unnecessary part of Tomo papa posing a condition to Jun about first beating him in a duel and then getting the ticket of going out with Tomo, sigh. I mean old man you stay out of it lol. Still fine to see Jun and him going full bonkers, albeit Jun got beat up badly but he landed a solid punch on father’s face, and earned his respect that way. They were saving the budget for that one punch this whole time too lol.

Duels, now fucking checked… we got the happy ending. A kiss to conclude things off, damn fine way to say goodbye. 

That’s it. They adapted the manga to its entirety. Minus few skipped contents, I guess this was pretty faithful nonetheless. Will miss the tomboy and her buddies :(
Mar 29, 2023 9:12 AM
Aug 2022
it's been a great journey .
Mar 29, 2023 9:15 AM

Apr 2020
I felt the same way as I did with Komi-san.
They are both one-trick anime that lose their charm after the first few ep. imo
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Mar 29, 2023 9:28 AM
Jul 2020
It got way too repetitive and somewhat cringe towards the middle. The last 2 episodes made up for it. Thankfully, it didn't drag on & it's finally over.
5/10.
Pro_The_LegendApr 14, 2023 10:10 AM
Mar 29, 2023 10:24 AM
May 2021
They finally kissed!! Yayy what a fun anime to watch!! Bless!
Mar 29, 2023 10:29 AM

Apr 2010
Well the dad being i the way of their relationship was expected but it's nice to see it resolved.
It's a shame this anime is already over a really liked it and it was funny hopefully we might see more of it in the future.
Also Akemi slapping her husband was funny, she really is the one that decides what happens.
Mar 29, 2023 10:30 AM

Jun 2019
It was very sweet and adorable from the very beginning. I enjoyed this show very much. Tomo is definitely one of the contenders for the leader of the Tomboy religion. I enjoyed all the characters are their dynamics in the show which were super sweet and nice. Gundou had her own personality which I liked as well. Every character had their fair share of screen time which was a nice thing to see. Carol was someone I wasn't sure about in the beginning but she was totally different from what I was expecting her to be.

Overall, it was really wholesome and adorable. I guess they might have caught up to the source material. But, I can't wait for it to get another season whenever that might be. Also... THEY KISSED FINALLY!!!! CUTE.
Mar 29, 2023 10:36 AM

Jan 2012
And so Jun defeats Goro and the two finally become an official couple, sharing their first kiss as we end this wonderful series.

So I'm a tad bit biased as this was easily the series I was most intimately familiar with going into the season, but this was easily the best romance series of said season and up their with Tokyo Revengers and Urusei Yatsura as the best 3 anime in general I watched all season. It adapted the source material fairly well and faithfully. I still have fond memories of making those daily Tomo-chan chapters discussion on here every night around 11:30 my time. Reliving it was such a pleasurable experience. I look forward to having the blu-ray on my shelf next to my manga collection. This one better get a Limited Edition Crunchyroll! But yeah, strong 8/10. Like the manga itself my only real complaint is it ended too early. We needed more of Tomo and Jun as a couple. But still, as it is just pure bliss watching this one. I'd be shocked if this wasn't high up on my Top 10 Anime of 2023 list at the end of the year.
animefan8800Mar 29, 2023 10:46 AM
Mar 29, 2023 10:39 AM

Oct 2017
Nice christmas date, they watched a very nice movie for their date. Tomo even went to his room to kiss him which she even said to him lol, that's so like her. Though apparently they weren't still dating as he needed to beat her dad for it. Jun's fight with Tomo's dad was quite fierce and I'm glad he managed to win. They are now finally dating and Tomo even went for the kiss, that was sweet. The anime ends with the kiss too, was hoping for a bit of anime original content. Like a timeskip with their kids and stuff but oh well.

Pretty good adaptation of the manga. I was surprised when this got anime after more than 3 years after the manga ended but I was really happy and excited for it. Glad the anime adaptation lived upto my expectations, I enjoyed it quite a lot. Rieri did great voicing Tomo, she was even more lovely with her voice. Gonna miss the anime and will probably rewatch it from time to time.
Mar 29, 2023 10:40 AM
Aug 2013
Man, that was an awkward date XD

But great episode to end on! I love these dorks together ❤️
Mar 29, 2023 10:42 AM

Jul 2020
honestly the last episode felt kinda dragged out and a bit annoying, probably cuz usually there were two separate stories in one episode. overall it's an amazing series tho, very sweet and so hilarious, nice characters each with peculiar funny traits, too. it's probably my favorite anime from this season. I'll stretch it out to 9/10 although it's more like 8.5 if I'm being completely honest
Mar 29, 2023 10:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice change to Jun now that Tomo managed to achieve her goal. Christmas is always a good opportunity for new couples. Their reactions meeting up was adorable. Well being in love does it make it easier to get into romance films. That was the fiercest intent of kissing ever. Somehow given her family it won't be normal unless Jun has to face the trial of the dad first. Misuzu and Carol's expression as they confronted Tomo after ghosting them over new years sure was scary. The fight between Jun and Tomo's dad though was pretty good and was a nice way of showing his determination. The ending kiss was a brill way to end the series with. Overall a solid finale that managed to end the series in the most sweet and satisfying way possible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2023 10:48 AM

Jul 2011
If was outside of the anime sphere, No Kiss No Life would be acceptable, but inside is a taunt against a certain fandom.

This episode was brought to you by puss blocking.
Mar 29, 2023 10:56 AM

Dec 2010
So what was the point of that Junichirou's friend, Tatsumi? Kinda felt like the show was hinting that he'll hit off with Misuzu but I guess that was just a bait.
Chipp12Mar 29, 2023 11:05 AM
Mar 29, 2023 10:59 AM

Feb 2019
We won fellas. Amazing conclusion to the best romcom of the season. 4th 10/10 series this season. Takahashi Rie gained a lot of respect from me for her range displayed in this series. Her portrayal of Tomo-chan was immaculate, the last scene leading up to the kiss was some of the best voice acting you’ll hear in the medium.

While I loved the show and still have it as a 10 cause it hit everything I look for, there’s a couple of issues I had with the story. Carol and Misuzu got some really good development, but not seeing Carol and Misazki senpai relationship seriously develop was a let down. Misuzu and that one dude kinda got teased several times throughout the season but nothing really came of it.

Best girl not getting a ship sucks. I mean the show even kind of gets meta with how they screwed over the side characters at the end by Tomo literally ignoring them for two weeks, like how the show ignored their ships lol. Still, cute, funny af and just a good vibe so a 10 for me. I’ll miss it.
Marinate1016Mar 29, 2023 11:04 AM
Mar 29, 2023 11:04 AM

Jul 2021
Tomo's the best tomboy ever!

Mar 29, 2023 11:08 AM
Aug 2022
love this anime from beginning to end . the way they represent every character and their development.
love the relationship between tomo and jun. perfect ending. didn't expect tomo to take initiative to kiss him , that suprised me .
for me best character was misuzu , the way she care about her friends and help them is wholesome.
but pretty disappointed now that there will be no season. 2 , this kinda break my heart .
TRUE MASTERPIECE 👍👍👍
Mar 29, 2023 11:09 AM

Mar 2021
The most satisfying finale imaginable. Perfect execution. I bow. 
Mar 29, 2023 11:12 AM
Sep 2021
honestly a really nice unique romance. I enjoyed this series a lot this season and the ending to this was perfect for these two. 7/10
Mar 29, 2023 11:13 AM
Oct 2022
tomo chan is a cute!
Mar 29, 2023 11:15 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, it ended.

The fight between Jun and Tomo's dad Goro was kinda lame. Goro was barely even in the anime and it never felt like he'd get in the way of Tomo and Jun aside from maybe comedic moments. So this scene felt too tacked on.

But it also wasn't nearly as bad as I was told. It was still a decent ending.

I loved the date part at the beginning. And the kiss by the end felt so earned. I just wish there were more epilogue scenes but it is what it is.

This anime surpassed my expectations in almost every way. I'm going to miss it a lot. I kind of wish there was a season 2. Or even a prequel, maybe focusing on Akemi and Goro.

But I think Tomo-chan is better as a short and sweet anime that ended on a high note instead of being dragged on forever like some other recent series.
Mar 29, 2023 11:20 AM
Jan 2023
Ahhh Tomo Cuteeeee
Mar 29, 2023 11:23 AM
Mar 2023
Good show kinda dislike the pacing of the finale I give the show a GOOD 6 out of 10
Mar 29, 2023 11:24 AM

Jan 2021
Misuzu suggests Tomo to watch an romantic film with Jun where they kiss. Tomo's reaction to the movie film was just amazing. The gift that Jun gave Tomo for X-mas was beautiful, they stood her beautifully. 

What Tomo didn't know is that Jun needed to beat Tomo's dad to officially date her, and that pissed her off, Tomo even went to her dad and said "I hate you", the dad felt that heavily. Jun finally managed to courage himself up to go and challenge Tomo's dad, he lost a couple times but with inner thought he managed to beat the dad, what was his life goal. Well done Jun. The ending scene where Jun asks Tomo go out was an nice touch, the kiss made it even beautiful, congrats you two. 

The final selfie where they all are on it was an nice way to end the anime, I actually loved this anime, everything was amazingly done, from the characters to the visuals and a lot more, I can for sure say that this is one of my favorites now, glad I could witness this journey. 

__andre__Mar 29, 2023 11:29 AM
Mar 29, 2023 11:28 AM
Nov 2021
They got together and kissed lol.... I thoroughly enjoyed this show though.It's the end right?
Mar 29, 2023 11:38 AM
Jan 2021
It was a great ending. From the looks of the finale, the probability of an s2 is low. Overall, loved the supporting cast: Carol, and Misuzu. I am going to miss all of the characters. This was a great series to watch. It is sad that this is how far it will go.
Mar 29, 2023 11:40 AM

Jun 2016
Nice fight, very nice final, very nice series.
Mar 29, 2023 11:41 AM

May 2015
That was fun. I like how their relationship was handled. A lot was done for comedic effect, but upon closer look some serious accents were played just right. 8/10
Mar 29, 2023 11:42 AM
Nov 2009
Damnit, it felt like an end but I WANT A 2ND SEASON!
Mar 29, 2023 11:46 AM
Jul 2022
shemstar said:
It was a great ending. From the looks of the finale, the probability of an s2 is low. Overall, loved the supporting cast: Carol, and Misuzu. I am going to miss all of the characters. This was a great series to watch. It is sad that this is how far it will go.

The manga was fully adapted so sadly no s2
Mar 29, 2023 11:48 AM
Oct 2022
Excellent! A great adaptation of the manga
Mar 29, 2023 11:50 AM

Feb 2016
0451 said:
Finally, it ended.

The fight between Jun and Tomo's dad Goro was kinda lame. Goro was barely even in the anime and it never felt like he'd get in the way of Tomo and Jun aside from maybe comedic moments. So this scene felt too tacked on.

Dunno. Goro feels like the kind of dad who wouldn't allow any man to date his daughter until he's defeated. And considering Jun's character, it was was pretty obvious that those two will fight... So the series got me fooled for a minute there because Jun and Tomo just casually went for a date without any confrontation with the dad.

As for S2, there's definitely a potential there. Considering Jun's and Tomo's characters, their relationship definitely won't be smooth sailing...
Mar 29, 2023 11:53 AM
Dec 2015
TRUE ROM COM
10/10 sol
Mar 29, 2023 11:54 AM
May 2016
jRoughcopy said:
shemstar said:

The manga was fully adapted so sadly no s2

The anime didn’t skip anything from the manga at all?
Mar 29, 2023 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
A romantic comedy with a satisfying conclusion, what kind of bizarre timeline is this? It honestly felt like the previous episode was a better finale and this one is just formalities but still I liked a lot the show, hopefully japan keeps the tomboy shows coming.
Mar 29, 2023 11:59 AM
Dec 2021
personally, i did not enjoy this much.
Mar 29, 2023 12:01 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that was a fun ride! 

Tomo-chan with her attempt to kiss, and even going as far as to watching an erotica or whatever, was hilarious. But it's great that she managed to get over the hurdle after Junichirou pulled one ahead of her with the confession, lol. Using backhanded means to take down Aizawa-san, I suppose that was going to be only way to begin with, so no complaints there. Wished there was more of Gundou and Carol this episode though, I feel like the aforementioned segments took too much of the episode, but they're the main couple of the story so jokes on me, I guess. 

As for the show in general, it was really fun, second to only Otanari Tenshi-sama on the romantic front for me. More respect for Takahashi Rie-san for playing the Tomo-chan role, I'd to mention it, xD. It's the same voice as Emilia, good lord. Let that sink in for a bit. 

Oh, and the Op & ED were pretty nice too. 

Anyways, a solid 8/10 for this season. Definitely down for more! 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 29, 2023 12:01 PM
Jul 2021
I thought manga readers said that the final chap was bad and left everything unresolved but this final ep looked good enough to me.
Mar 29, 2023 12:09 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
I was hoping for a more satisfying ending, the fight at the end was stupid. Tomo-chan was pretty good, definitely one of the best of the season.
Mar 29, 2023 12:16 PM

May 2016
i was gonna give it a 7 but lowered it to a 6 because this episode made me cringe so badly.
Mar 29, 2023 12:17 PM

Jul 2022
An average ending confession to comparison to 「The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten」。

Mar 29, 2023 12:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Guess it wrapped things up at least, but yeah I'd say I'm rather whelmed by that finale. The whole fight part felt unnecessary too

But overall, Gundou was the only real bright spark of this show, everyone else in the main cast remained largely insufferable throughout
Mar 29, 2023 12:21 PM

Feb 2021
The animation on this episode was surprisingly good. 

Overall the show was really well made, as Crunchyroll/Aniplex's first show produced together since the merger, it was pretty good, hope Solo Leveling is the same. 

Tomo really looks grown up in that date outfit, I think that was the best she ever looked all season. 

I think they adapted all the source material, so no S2, but maybe an OVA or special could happen, who knows. 
Mar 29, 2023 12:24 PM
Jun 2022
I loved this anime. Some things bothered me but... the relationships were healthy in general. Also, Jun looked handsome to me all season. I liked the animation style, the quality, and the coloring. I'll miss this anime overall. Wish there could be a sequel.
Mar 29, 2023 12:27 PM

Feb 2011
Cute anime, the ending worked out well. The kiss was the most forceful anime kiss i've ever seen, which was fantastic

Characters were overall likeable and very dynamic, even if the middle episodes were kinda fluff / filler

solid 7.5/10

Mar 29, 2023 12:29 PM
Feb 2020
Tomo's mom really said "the hell with that shonen anime bullshit, you are not getting back up mister!"

For real tho, this was such a charming series from start to finish. I am really gonna miss those characters but hopefully it will be the catalyst for more stories like this getting an adaptation
Mar 29, 2023 12:32 PM

Mar 2021
Great finale it was great to see Tomo cheer on Jun in his fight against her dad
Mar 29, 2023 12:36 PM
Jan 2022
man the episode reminded me how much of a giant douchebag Tomo's dad is.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

179 by Alaf1009 »»
Sep 16, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

105 by kyota521306 »»
Sep 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2023

208 by Intermeme »»
Sep 4, 6:08 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2023

334 by Intermeme »»
Sep 4, 5:47 AM

Poll: » Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2023

160 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 24, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.