3It was OK
8.6%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
1.4%
Average 4.4
573 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 19, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, more investigations around the mansion.

Despite all the drama going around, I thought it was both an eerie and entertaining episode. Plus, Lou getting a lot of highlights with her sparkling personality made this quite a catchy watch.

You can never underestimate a girl when she's focused.
Aug 19, 2022 10:18 AM

Jul 2011
Benjamin is the best type of gym rat person. Give good advice and encourage people.

The whole flower thing was cute and wholesome.

Patrick is a fine Shadow, hope for the best in the future, to declare his love.
Aug 19, 2022 10:32 AM

Mar 2021
This show has continued to impress me, and episodes like this are exactly why. When I first started Shadows House, I was enamored by the world building, lore, mysterious backstories, etc. Those are still in place and delightful, obviously, but the show might be nothing but a passing fascination were it not for a large (and growing) cast of interesting, distinct characters. It is their continued interactions and development that make exploring this world so much fun and worth while.
Aug 19, 2022 10:33 AM

Dec 2021
Patrick at the end fascinated me. Though, I wonder if the shadows are humans too?
Rosa Umineko Drip

The Witch of Badassery.
Aug 19, 2022 10:36 AM

Jun 2021
I wonder if this is the only case of a Shadow falling in love with another Shadow's living doll.
Aug 19, 2022 10:37 AM

Mar 2020
Interesting episode, I like the focus on each of the characters, and with Lou and Louise, they started to get to know each other's struggles a bit, and for Patrick and Ricky, each of them have their own ambition. The strength of this show is definitely the uniqueness of the characters and their interactions.
Aug 19, 2022 10:40 AM
Sep 2015
It's calm before a storm episode. But at least there are many interesting things.

The most interesting thing is of course, Benjamin and his face, Ben, shirtless, reek of sweat, but their lickable muscle is undeniable.

In previous episode I said Ricky is almost identical to Patrick, but this episode shows that I'm definitely wrong. They're so different.
Aug 19, 2022 10:54 AM

Jul 2021
Patrick developed the most feelings so far, he's more human than any shadow.

More investigations but the relationships of Patrick - Ricky and Louise - Lou seems like the main focus of this episode.

Belle twins kept suffering over and over, that was just torture.

Slow, but steady and surely. It was so impressive that they showed so much in just 1 episode.

Aug 19, 2022 11:09 AM
Jun 2019
They really went all out of Lou’s facial expression lol. Wow, you gotta feel bad for Lou. Her shadow master doesn’t treat her very well. She seems to only care about the face and not the rest of the body.

Benjamin is a pretty good guy. He thought Louse a pretty good lesson.

Lol, John got reprimanded for not having a marriage petition.

Damn, seeing Patrick’s cognitive dissonance was pretty interesting in this episode. Because Ricky is always the brain and the mouth, Patrick is basically not the master. Ricky is basically the one wearing the pant in their relationship.

AYO, Patrick is in love with Emilico. Oooooo…forbidden loveeee.

But then there’s Shaun, soooo…I don’t know how that’s going to work lol.

Patrick's character development has definitely been the most interesting in the series, from his arrogance before the debut exam to his rescue by Emilico, and his developed romantic feeling for her.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 19, 2022 11:28 AM

Feb 2019
It’s funny seeing a shadow/doll relationship where the doll is in charge. Ricky being the dominant one over Patrick is really interesting. Also I think this is the first time we’ve seen a shadow fall for a doll? Love a good forbidden love story.

Glad Louise finally admitted she was tired too. The main cast have been working themselves so hard lately.
Aug 19, 2022 11:51 AM

Feb 2017
patrick admitting to himself that he is in love with emilico has me absolutely flabbergasted

placeholder text
Aug 19, 2022 12:38 PM

Jan 2010
yeah, I know emilico and patrick had a moment in the test, but I never thought it was love.
Aug 19, 2022 1:03 PM

Feb 2021
So this episode focuses on Louise and Patrick.

It's honestly really surprising that Patrick fell in love with Emilico specifically and not Kate.
Aug 19, 2022 1:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I love how humanity is portrayed for the living doll during the whole episode while the shadows still think they're not human and do not feel emotions even in that mix of love tiredness and all, that body builder shadow is a good guy.
That last scene though... no time to rest.
Aug 19, 2022 1:42 PM

Jul 2017
after credit scene come to remind me how dark and sinister this world really is
Aug 19, 2022 1:57 PM
Dec 2021
We got some cute Lou scenes
Aug 19, 2022 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
my first episode that i watched on Crunchyroll premium! XD (wishedicouldtakeSStho)

Alot of subtle but wholesome moments especially Patrick's silent confession to Emilico..then again.. Who wouldn't fall in love with such a cheerful girl..

I am happy that Lousie is also somewhat coming to the fact that her Face isn't just a face.. its a body (which is fked up if she didn't)

that Postcredit scenes tho..
Why such a low rating..
Aug 19, 2022 2:06 PM
Nov 2021
PleiadesTower said:
Patrick at the end fascinated me. Though, I wonder if the shadows are humans too?

At the end of the season one they explained what shadows really are
Aug 19, 2022 5:12 PM

Sep 2020
Lou compilation!

That close shot of Emilico looking even more angelic than usual was great, but I feel that in the comic that scene managed to make her appear even more fascinating, and that's probably because her solo vignette occupied more than half of the page.
That still image of Emilico leaning on the box with Patrick inside was really beautiful, though.
Aug 19, 2022 6:01 PM
Mar 2019
Nice to see the other characters have a bit of screen time, Louise was especially funny.
Aug 19, 2022 7:19 PM
Apr 2022
so patrick likes emilico and ricky likes lou? that does complicate things
Aug 19, 2022 7:26 PM

Sep 2019
Patrick loves Emilico, POGGERS. The more humane side of the shadows and living dolls are also highlighted. Overall, a good episode.
Aug 19, 2022 7:42 PM

Dec 2015
Going around compelling people with the power of cuteness can be tiring. Poor Lou. I know she's trying her best but her quiet demeanor let's Louise walk over her quite a bit. Then again it's not as if she minds. At least they seemed to get some info out of it and Lou got to be a little honest with Louise.

Glad they explained what happened to John. Marrying someone to be one of the adults, huh? Wonder if Edward is- nah no way someone would do that to themselves XD... right? On another note, I totally forgot that Emilico gave him a flower to calm him down last season. And that's why he likes flowers. That's so precious but I surprising  (・o・) .
Aug 19, 2022 7:46 PM

Jun 2017
Silent_Shadow05 said:
I wonder if this is the only case of a Shadow falling in love with another Shadow's living doll.

So far yes and the craziest thing, Patrick still isn't busted in the manga but he is just falling for Emilico more and more. His development is really among the best out of the entire cast hands down.
Aug 19, 2022 7:54 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, Patrick is complex af. Poor kid, now I feel bad for him.

Also, that Margaret shadow acts like a potential yandere. Patrick better stay away from that greenhouse.

Great episode. Absolutely loved how it focused mainly on Louise, Patrick and their interactions with their Living Dolls. Not to mention it was about time for them to receive more characterization.
Aug 19, 2022 8:08 PM

Jun 2014
Hopefully Louise stops being so shallow about how she views her living doll and starts treating Lou better. And lol at John, thought he was gonna receive praise from the Star Bearers but instead got scolded.

A lot of focus on Patrick in this episode, with the big reveal that he loves Emilico. Poor guy though since that type of Shadow/Doll relationship will never work out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 19, 2022 9:30 PM

Apr 2016
A much needed focus on Patrick and Louise meanwhile opening the question on how much  autonomy the shadows possess.
Aug 19, 2022 11:04 PM
Apr 2021
Patrick got me at the end I was like “awwwww he likes Emilico🥰🥰🥰🥰” I completely forgot that during the debut she helped Patrick out, and the doll twins are really getting the short end of the stick I feel so bad for them🙁
Aug 20, 2022 12:29 AM

Jul 2017
John's invitation to Lord Grandfather's wing thanks to the Star Bearers, and Lou's admonishent of her girly charms so that her Shadow Louise will also be invited as well. It's not as easy being spotted due to special attention being given.

Entering the Star Bearers' residental wing to see both Benjamin and Ben working out, both Lou and Louise would do anything to be a Star Bearer, but out of everything, Benjamin offers an advise that would hopefully keep more people out of the business, which is true for a reason.

Patrick in a nervous wreck, and Ricky is exceptional. The next meeting of peers confers, and John's verdict is given: to clean the Star Bearer's conference room in spite of him not having applied for marriage. That got Patrick interested, but the system itself is just as ruthless for Shadows on their way to becoming adults, and then there's the whole issue of living dolls being of romantic interest. Margaret though, she looks nice on the outside, but inside could be hiding something that's not.

Though if there's one that captures Patrick's heart, it's Emilico, but we all know the whole deal with a Living Doll-Shadow relationship, it's taboo.
Aug 20, 2022 1:26 AM

Oct 2017
Louise's information gathering skill is just something else. Patrick crushing hard on Emilico, a shadow falling for a living doll huh. That's just asking for trouble.
Aug 20, 2022 3:27 AM

Sep 2016
patrick is in love with emilico?! that was so unexpected! although it's kinda sad that he won't be able to reveal his feelings :(
Aug 20, 2022 7:02 AM

Jun 2016
good choices patrick !!!

emilico is a diamond among that bunch of bags !!
Aug 20, 2022 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
Finally manga bros... the next few episodes are about to be gold. Can't wait.

So far cloverworks has done a marvelous job keeping the adaptation faithful to its source, hopefully they will keep it up (5 episodes should be plenty to fit everything).

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 20, 2022 7:51 AM
Jun 2021
Infatuate said:

(5 episodes should be plenty to fit everything).

I can't wait for the next few episodes lol. Some of the high points in the manga
Aug 20, 2022 8:36 AM

Dec 2012
corner_twist said:
Infatuate said:

(5 episodes should be plenty to fit everything).

I can't wait for the next few episodes lol. Some of the high points in the manga

Yup, it's hype moment after hype moment back to back + epic reveals.

Aug 20, 2022 8:18 PM
Jun 2021
I am impressed with how they have handled this chapter, especially with the role of the shadows and their faces.
Aug 20, 2022 9:44 PM

Dec 2021
ayoooo I wasnt expecting Patrick falling in love with Emilico... romance is getting harder everytime.
Aug 21, 2022 2:48 AM

Apr 2012
Ricky likes Louise, Patrick likes by Marguerite, and Patrick himself is in love with Emiliko. This anime is starting to turn into a romantic drama.
Aug 21, 2022 5:22 AM

Apr 2020
Louise have some ambitions lemme tell ya. The way she rolls around with her schemes usinG Lou's face to captivate others is cool and all, but in Benjamin and for most of us, it is an unhealthy way to live. Definitely cool first part there.

On the other hand, it seems that Ricky calls most of the chops for Patrick. I swear I heard that voice before from Margaret (the flower girl), definitely need to add more VA credits for these characters. Also I am dumbfounded that Patrick is eyeing Emilico all this time, that is such a hard weight to trap in your heart my boy.

Lastly the end there...those Belles sure are ringing for help to deaf ears. And John why do you have to be such a fool with that marriage there, definitely deserved to be scolded by the Star Bearers.

Definitely worth seeing a different kind of episode with Louise and Patrick taking center stage here.
Aug 21, 2022 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
An interesting episode with almost no Kate and Emilico at all. Nice to see what Patrick and Louise are up to and get a bit more insight into some of the other Shadows in the children's wing beyond the Star Bearers and Research Team.

Learning about what marriage means in Shadows House was also interesting and most unexpected, though besides setting up that reveal that Patrick loves Emilico I'm not sure how significant it really is at this juncture.
Aug 22, 2022 11:26 AM
Mar 2015
Things seem to heading toward a bad end
Aug 22, 2022 11:39 AM
Mar 2019
i love it fjlkdsjgñlsgjdñls gjk sjñlgajñ jgñ
Aug 22, 2022 2:08 PM

Mar 2018
did the twins faces do anything bad or was it the twins themselves? i dont remember them doing anything bad so they're basically being tortured for no reason, pretty fucked up. love this show
Aug 22, 2022 10:36 PM

Dec 2012
Eunos said:
did the twins faces do anything bad or was it the twins themselves? i dont remember them doing anything bad so they're basically being tortured for no reason, pretty fucked up. love this show

the faces broke the highly valued coffee bottles in ep.3

Aug 23, 2022 1:16 AM

Mar 2018
Infatuate said:
Eunos said:

the faces broke the highly valued coffee bottles in ep.3

oh yeah now i remember
Aug 23, 2022 5:44 PM

Jun 2019
Patrick being into and internally lit aflame by Emilico was foreshadowed since the scene in the garden maze during the manor's debut in that episode of season one they showed the flashback from, but that could have just been interpreted platonically as being softened by being shown kindness and mercy from an unexpected source and this spurring on his greater self-realization/self-actualization with consideration of the existence of others' feelings; including the living dolls like Emilico and Ricky. That moment was the genesis of his burgeoning awareness on that issue, as he intimated.

It was definitely hinted at it to be more of a romantic-esque interest though in that scene from their meeting of peers in the previous episode when John asks him on the spot if he is also in love with Kate (like John) and he is flustered and unable to respond properly. Since he was already seeming to start to distinguish between Emilico and Kate and show subtle changes in his attitude since that debut scene, and when he made Ricky gift Lou's garden shears to Emilico to free Kate. He portrayed it as a matter of repaying a debt and standing on his honor, but it was all intertwined.

Anyway, it's been implied in numerous prior scenes that Shaun is also into Emilico, or at least, extremely protective of her by now and it wouldn't lie beyond the realm of possibility and consideration at this point. Even so, and despite the fact that Shaun is one of the more respectable characters, I still root for Patrick, since Shaun and Emilico are both living dolls - i.e. kidnapped brainwashed humans. And I always, or at least usually, favor the interspecies pairing. A shadow and a human is...explosive.

WatchTillTandavaAug 23, 2022 7:18 PM
Aug 24, 2022 7:30 AM
Feb 2018
I would like cloverworks to do a better job with this adaptation but this episode was actually pretty nice compared to the last ones
Aug 26, 2022 6:50 AM
Dec 2021
I like how the plot is progressing, i think the mistery is great and Emilico should start being more of a detective although i don't dislike other characters having more screen time, the end of the episode tho was great.
Aug 26, 2022 9:39 AM
Jan 2021
The end of the episode was sad tbh and I'm so sorry for Patrick. That episode was really good and I can't wait for another.
Aug 26, 2022 9:50 AM
Aug 2018
ansious for the solving the mistery
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

Vicky9anime - May 19

15 by JaysonNnN »»
May 20, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

63 by Karva1 »»
Apr 1, 11:33 AM

Poll: » Shadows House 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

92 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 10:31 PM

» At what chapter does this leave off at?

Tropisch - Jan 26

4 by _Yotsugi_ »»
Jan 26, 11:29 AM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity II

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

4 by Dudeh »»
Oct 30, 2023 8:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.