3It was OK
5.1%
2Disliked it
2.2%
1Hated it
1.9%
Average 4.6
1,422 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2022 5:59 PM
Jul 2018
Animation was great but the direction is one of the best in the series imo.
Big mom part was little bit dragged out but rest of the episode was amazing. The Osts choices were spot on. One of the best episodes in Wano arc.
Luffy vs Kaido sequence/scene was easily one of the best animated scene in series so far. That upper cut from Luffy was great.

I don't why but Kid in anime is better than manga just like how Yamato is a better in anime.

Next episode, Luffy & Uta's past. If someone is thinking that it's filler than let me say, it's not.... It's canon.

Big Mom's attack, Fulgora was great and those white lines on black background made that scene more impactful with great animation. Usopp & Nami's combine attack was also good.
The emotions ost between Kid & Killer was great touch. Killer scene with Hawkins was great. I liked the colors shad.
removed-userAug 7, 2022 2:59 AM
Aug 6, 2022 6:00 PM

Sep 2015
Does anyone know the soundtrack played at 17:30? I have not heard it before.

Jeez Kaido is such a tough guy to take down. Animations are stunning as always Luffy is geting more used to his Haki now.
Big Moms new homie looks interesting, I wonder what happens to Zeus now.

Also One Piece Film Red got released today! I am really hoping the soundtracks are as good or better than strong world.
As movies usually carry the soundtracks over to the original anime.

AhriTheS3xyFoxAug 6, 2022 7:58 PM
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 6, 2022 6:52 PM

Aug 2019
Oh god what a wild ride of emotions (both good and bad) that was. Okay so of course we had to deal with some stalling both during the Big Mom scene at the beginning when she created Hera, and then later in the episode during Luffy's scene. But I was able to forgive that because the middle of the episode was still pretty good. I especially liked Killer's scene with Hawkins, mostly because of the color palette used.

However the last 5 minutes was more of the same aura bullshit that we keep having to deal with, complete with more flower petal symbolism that has been added to the ever-growing list of colored effects that Toei keeps using to make the fight on the rooftop seem cooler. I'm not saying that the animation wasn't great because it was, but did we really need so many aesthetic effects, sound effects and DBZ crap just for see Luffy hit Kaido with Advanced CoC?

What made that whole sequence hilarious is...

I guess this episode deserves at least a 4/5 because I'm feeling generous.
Early_MorningAug 7, 2022 4:36 AM
Aug 6, 2022 7:36 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Solid episode. My thoughts:

- Every scene with Big Mom just feels sooo damn slow in the anime
- Some good funny moments between Page One and Usopp/Nami lol
- Killer once again proving he's a dope character
- The Luffy flower animation was a bit weird, but some of the fighting animation was really good too. The OG music was great

Keen to see some Film Red build up episodes!
Aug 6, 2022 7:43 PM

Apr 2014
I gotta say the colors for Luffy using Advanced Busoshoku Haki along with Haoshoku Haki is pretty cool. But I think they overdid the colors with it a bit too much when Luffy was striking Kaido. But I will take what I can get.
Aug 6, 2022 7:59 PM

Sep 2019
That was absolutely epic, DAMN. However, the pacing was too slow, and the reveal took far too long. Typical One Piece. Nevertheless, 5/5 episode.
Aug 6, 2022 8:10 PM
Jun 2019
Holy crap... there was no recap of this episode. Now that’s new.

I’m saying this as a joke by the way, but if Prometheus gets together with Fulgora, what does that make him?

Kaido’s face got me there

Once the We Are opening started playing, you know shit about to go down.

Wow, the second half of the episode, just like the previous one was quite epic. The Big Mom part was quite meh and kinda dragged out IMO, but the Kid and Killer part and Luffy ending part, ESPECIALLY Luffy's part were absolutely epic. Toei really went all out for Luffy's part.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Aug 6, 2022 8:14 PM
May 2022
I just jizzed everywhere.
Aug 6, 2022 8:15 PM

Nov 2018
I've said this a hundred times and I'll say it hundred times more. Hands down one of the best episodes of One Piece so far.

This episode had some of the best directing and animation out of any OP episode, and is close to what 1015 achieved.

Also new OSTs?

Bro, Vincent Chansard animated the Haki fight scene between Luffy and Kaido, idk how that man has done it again lmao
(Vincent did the Law injection shot and Kid suplexing Kaido scene)
_cjessop19_Aug 6, 2022 8:27 PM
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Aug 6, 2022 8:18 PM

Feb 2015
I can't believe I'm seeing my man Shanks next episode
as for today's episode, Luffy was epic as expected and I adored Law's reaction. Even tho I agree that the colors were overdone and so bright. Sometimes all I could see was light lol
anyway excited for Young Shanks appearance (♡ヮ♡)
Aug 6, 2022 8:28 PM

Feb 2013
One Piece fans are too spoiled at this point. Not only has the series given us Roof Piece but (either accidently or purposly) Uta, probably being Oda's final "piece" char, introduced in 3 seperate medias in the same weekend is on par with One Piece's history of genius coincidentals. Canon anime story usually comes after it's manga source, but doing something like this makes it seem like no matter how you absorb this series' content it's a moment of surprise that can be shared by all. Some can say she's an unnecessary character Oda created to make it easier to plug up plot holes but I love this series

I'm going to be the Wizard Hokage of the Pirates!!!!
Aug 6, 2022 8:41 PM

Oct 2009
Holly!!
Tbh they overdid the colors, was hard to see what was happening at times.
But man "We are" always gets me :')
Aug 6, 2022 9:01 PM
May 2021
theme song in background was enough for goosebumps ♨️♨️
Aug 6, 2022 9:04 PM

May 2014
I rarely comment on one-piece episodes anymore, but this animation was on another level. It was lit on fire. Like for real, wow! They have really done a great job with this ep. I bet they saved their budget for this.
Aug 6, 2022 9:06 PM

May 2014
Joey-XD19202 said:
Holy crap... there was no recap of this episode. Now that’s new.

I’m saying this as a joke by the way, but if Prometheus gets together with Fulgora, what does that make him?

Kaido’s face got me there

Once the We Are opening started playing, you know shit about to go down.

Wow, the second half of the episode, just like the previous one was quite epic. The Big Mom part was quite meh and kinda dragged out IMO, but the Kid and Killer part and Luffy ending part, ESPECIALLY Luffy's part were absolutely epic. Toei really went all out for Luffy's part.

That face will become a god picture for whadfuq memes.
Aug 6, 2022 9:15 PM
Oct 2021
I got chills during the last part🥶 Luffy finally did it he send flying kaido without touching him just like Roger and whitebeard did. About the animation this episode was great specially luffy and kaido it reminded me of mob psycho
They did great use of ost we are and overtaken it was great hear them again
Edit:- I didn't realised they played luffy's awakening I think at 17:30. But it should be saved for a big future event but it was great nonetheless @AhriTheS3xyFox the new ost at 17:30 is called luffy's awakening was released around the time of toei hack stuff.
BaahudodaAug 10, 2022 8:55 AM
Aug 6, 2022 9:22 PM

May 2021
The advanced conqueror haki was so powerful that kaido went full dragon Ball z villain mode . Those face expressions were just like DBZ antagonists 😂
Aug 6, 2022 9:23 PM

Jul 2013
Direction as well as animation wise, easily the best episode right behind 1015. I agree that it was almost hard to keep track of what even was going on, but nonetheless I had an absolute blast, especially during the last couple minutes.

I guess first I should mention that it's a rather rare to "not" get an recap of the last episode and instead going right into the action. That only happened a couple times so far, but this episode was definitely a good opportunity.

So the female equivalent to Zeus finally is born and Big Mom immediately performed an crazy attack with the intent to kill Kid, which just ended up sending him and Killer flying right into the Onigashima castle. I honestly forgot about Hawkins, but I'm sure Killer will take care of him. At this point I wonder if Kid will fight Big Mom alone or if Zoro and Law will help him (if they're even able to).

The part with Luffy vs Kaido left me with a open mouth. I loved how they portrayed Luffy's development and progress he made during the whole Wano arc so far which manifested such an incredible technique. Like in the clash between Roger and Whitebeard, Luffy also didn't touch Kaido at all and was still able to hurt him so much more as in the past, when he attacked him with brute force. Yes, the effects were a little bit overdone, but what a feast for the eyes. I'm also shocked about Luffy's confidence being able to beat Kaido just by himself and telling Zoro and Law to leave this place. Surely this wasn't enough to bring Kaido down, but I'm already curious how much damage Luffy's attacks actually did to him.

So next week we get the first episode which will transition into One Piece: Red, even if the movie already aired yesterday. But like we all know, that's how it always goes for movies. Looking forward to hear more about Shanks daughter Uta and her shared past with Luffy.

Aug 6, 2022 9:42 PM

Jun 2014
Toei reassigning a bunch of their Dragon Ball staff to work on One Piece back in 2019 when this arc began has definitely made some of the fights feel like something straight outta DBZ now, but man I absolutely do NOT care. This shit was gas, raw, fire, and I just want more of it. Keep giving me these auras and exaggerated effects, people will complain about it as usual but I fucking love it. And hearing "We Are" playing as Luffy was giving Kaido the works was the icing on the cake. Great episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 6, 2022 10:08 PM
Jul 2018
O Captain! My Captain! 😍

That smooth transition from We Go to We Are. 😍😍😍

The anime did chapter 1010 and 1011 more than justice, they were really clever how they switched the order of events just to let the episode go out with a bang!

I love this arc so much. 🧡

Aug 6, 2022 10:16 PM
Apr 2020
VolKur said:
Big mom part was little bit dragged out but rest of the episode was amazing. The Osts choices were spot on. One of the best episodes in Wano arc.
Luffy vs Kaido sequence/scene was easily one of the best animated scene in series so far. That upper cut from Luffy was great.

I don't why but Kid in anime is better than manga just like how Yamato is a better in anime.

Next episode, Luffy & Uta's past. If someone is thinking that it's filler than let me say, it's not.... It's canon.

It’s canon to the movie but it’s not canon to the series they confirmed the movie’s not canon
Aug 6, 2022 10:32 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Marvelous episode! Fantastic direction, and I loved every moment of this. The animation altogether was spectacular and Toei did a fantastic job with this episode.

New OST! I listened to one of that new OST before. Wasn't expecting to hear it from this episode, but the music choice works well. The cherry on top was the inclusion of that epic version of "We Are" as Luffy delivers that earth-shattering uppercut to Kaido. Listening to it while watching this epic moment gave me the chills.

I'm so stoked for what's next but we'll be seeing Luffy's shared past with Uta in the anime next episode. Can't wait to see Uta, but I'm also really excited to see One Piece Film: Red.
Aug 6, 2022 10:40 PM
Dec 2019
That was an epic episode Luffy has become strong enough to knock down Kaido without touching him. Next episode looks cool we get to see the new character Uta. I wonder if she'll become a canon character tho.
Aug 6, 2022 11:03 PM
Jul 2018
Devinewald said:
VolKur said:

It’s canon to the movie but it’s not canon to the series they confirmed the movie’s not canon

Sorry, but Uta is canon and Shanks relationship with Uta is canon. And the past between Uta & Luffy is canon confirmed by Oda himself.
Aug 6, 2022 11:08 PM
May 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

Jeez Kaido is such a tough guy to take down. Animations are stunning as always Luffy is geting more used to his Haki now.

Also One Piece Film Red got released today! I am really hoping the soundtracks are as good or better than strong world.

i think the OST is called sum like "Awakening" or "Luffy's awakening" if i'm not mistaken.
Aug 7, 2022 12:15 AM

Apr 2022
holyyy shit i cried from peak today!!
fire animation, fire iconic ost, this chapter was adapted very well and i didn't even mind the pacing this episode which is ofc a very big deal.
not a single complaint this episode, loved it from start to finish.
Aug 7, 2022 12:21 AM

Jul 2007
Early_Morning said:
Oh god what a wild ride of emotions (both good and bad) that was. Okay so of course we had to deal with some stalling both during the Big Mom scene at the beginning when she created Hera, and then later in the episode during Luffy's scene. But I was able to forgive that because the middle of the episode was still pretty good. I especially liked Killer's scene with Hawkins, mostly because of the color palette used.

However the last 5 minutes was more of the same aura bullshit that we keep having to deal with, complete with more flower petal symbolism that has been added to the ever-growing list of colored effects that Toei keeps using to make the fight on the rooftop seem cooler. I'm not saying that the animation wasn't great because it was, but did we really need so many aesthetic effects, sound effects and DBZ crap just for see Luffy hit Kaido with Advanced CoC?

What made that whole sequence hilarious is...

I guess this episode deserves at least a 4/5 because I'm feeling generous.

Aug 7, 2022 12:36 AM
May 2022
VolKur said:

bro is it spoiler for movie??
Aug 7, 2022 12:38 AM
Jun 2021
I know the colors were a little overdone but hey its one piece with amazing animation. I never imagined one piece to have this much quality animation
Aug 7, 2022 12:52 AM

Jun 2021
Great episode!! Koyama really did an amazing job with limited content.
Aug 7, 2022 1:22 AM
Jan 2021
we see some quick seen of sun god
Aug 7, 2022 1:42 AM
Jul 2022
VolKur said:

uta is most definitely not a canon character 👍
Aug 7, 2022 1:58 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, the last few minutes of the episode were quite something! But, like usual, it took a little too much time to get there, imo. Nonetheless, I think it was a fantastic episode. I don't know about this being as good as Episode 1015 though, that episode was out of this world honestly. More like on the tier of Episode 1026, if you ask me.

Trafalgar's reaction to Luffy knocking out Kaido without even touching him coupled with the instrumental versions of We Go and We Are was amazing! Toei's ability to just go from normal to the extreme was always a thing but for them to be able to do it on such a consistent note over the past year or so has been nothing short of incredible, and this was a good way to call it a pause to the main storyline.

Luffy telling Trafalgar to evacuate with Zoro and pass on the reassuring message shows his confidence. Here's to hoping he won't be crushed right after though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 7, 2022 2:09 AM
Feb 2022
Absolute epic episode
Luffy taking kaido down without touching him + fav OST WE ARE + animation was on fire
it was a 10/10 ep sadly it's gonna be 2 weeks movie fillers ep but still, we gonna see shanks so i don't mind
Aug 7, 2022 2:25 AM

Oct 2018
Its Luffy's turn to be in the light with his comprehension of revet the conqueror haki ^^
Aug 7, 2022 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
YRM_IMa said:
VolKur said:

She is a canon character and she also appeared in
Aug 7, 2022 2:47 AM

Jun 2019
Man... this episode was so fucking Peak... Loved it... AHHHH. The animation... the music... Literal chills but still the shitty pacing. LOL
Aug 7, 2022 2:50 AM
Jul 2022
VolKur said:
YRM_IMa said:

nope she was
Aug 7, 2022 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
YRM_IMa said:
VolKur said:

nope she was

Aug 7, 2022 3:06 AM
Jul 2022
VolKur said:
YRM_IMa said:
nope she was

Aug 7, 2022 3:14 AM

Jul 2019
I am at a loss for words. That final sequence was so beautiful. Though, could have had less Big Mom
Aug 7, 2022 3:19 AM
Jul 2018
YRM_IMa said:
VolKur said:

Aug 7, 2022 3:53 AM
Nov 2020
Rly sick episode, kinda felt like it was a little bit to much colour during the last part. But I mean it was still HELLA SICK
Aug 7, 2022 3:57 AM
Jan 2021
1044 needs to be adapted ASAP
Aug 7, 2022 4:14 AM
Jan 2021
Bro i jizzed a huge load i literally creamed myself holy shit peak fiction bro peak fiction
Aug 7, 2022 4:19 AM

Aug 2019
Btw regardless of if the next episodes feature material that Oda approves of as "canon" to the movie, they're not going to be necessary viewing unless you also plan on watching One Piece Red. Which some people around here will I'm sure, but I'm personally not gonna bother with them since a few canon factoids do not necessarily make for a great episode. I learned my lesson last time with those Stampede filler episodes. I'm never making that mistake again.
Aug 7, 2022 4:32 AM

Jul 2016
YeeYeeAss said:
I am at a loss for words. That final sequence was so beautiful. Though, could have had less Big Mom

The final five minutes were unbelievable.
Aug 7, 2022 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
this episode is truly amazing Luffy vs Kaido was way too epic and the animation and the music was truly amazing but sometimes the Animation was too flashy
removed-userAug 29, 2022 3:28 AM
Aug 7, 2022 4:48 AM
Jun 2021
AhriTheS3xyFox said:

its called ~Awakening~, search for it on yt
Aug 7, 2022 5:21 AM
Mar 2016
I am disappointed by animation to many extra effects and stalling scenes. I want back whole cake or dresrosa animation. I dont remember when i was hyped for fight while watching. Last episode with zoro slashing kaido was longer then manga but just awfoul to watch. Where is my hype like pica vs zoro or luffy vs doflamingo. I guess it was good decision to read manga. Cant believe how many people like the animation when you cant see nothing and to "Slow" fight scene. Kaido looked like he was in some yellow space with flowers pattern but not getting punched. If sombody whatched that scene and did not know one piece they would believe kaido was traveling through dimension not getting punched. I am so sad how they ruined the animation. Seven deadly sins last 2 season have bad animation and it is the same with one piece the only diffrence one piece has more vibrant collors and awfoul add extra effects.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 22

50 by Ridzaxster »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1005 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jan 8, 2022

84 by Scroyos »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 392 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Mar 8, 2009

94 by Sanjis_Bride »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 600 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - Jun 15, 2013

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 599 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - Jun 8, 2013

74 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.