3It was OK
17.6%
2Disliked it
11.5%
1Hated it
17.8%
Average 3.5
1,100 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2020 7:15 AM
Oct 2019
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally, the last chapter of our four-year fun ride arrived (in leak form, lol).

Reincarnation theory confirms. Yushiro is alive and sits next to an old human (unknown who they are, possibly Kirya, because he was 8 when Muzan died).

Volume 20 extras showed some characters in Academy Universe, which matched with the spoiler from chapter 205. For Volume 20 extras, we know more about Aneko, Yoriichi's mother, and their childhood and meanings of their names.

Full ending of KNY: https://imgur.com/a/VSCUDqZ (including pages from chapter 204 and 205 that Jump cut and made the series have the worse ending)

ElvarthMay 3, 2021 9:14 AM
May 12, 2020 9:31 AM

Jan 2015
Of course reincarnation would happen.

Sooo, what to say, the conclusion was kinda satisfying but at the same time not. This series could have been MUCH MORE than what it is. Things were definitely too rushed, there should have been more arcs to give more time screen to most of the characters. I feel like the story had a lot potential, but wasted part of it. 300/400 chapters would have been just fine. Almost no world building, a lot of characters appeared, disappeared, and then again appeared after more than 80 chapters.

The characters’ interactions were maybe the strongest point of this series, the bonds between the characters were well portrayed, yet I feel like the weren’t shown enough, if you know what I mean.

Muzan’s fight, although it had a lot of great moments, felt underwhelming from every kind of point of view. Characters such as Obanai and Kanroji were totally tossed away, especially Kanroji. Zenitsu had absolutely no role in all of this, he was kinda dead after the RLD arc. His highlight was literally 2 chapters.

Kinda salty we didn’t get any romance development, but it was kinda obvious we wouldn’t get any since Tanjiro has never shown any kind of love interest. Zenitsu’s love was just a joke from the beginning to the end.
Demon Tanjiro was a plot device for Muzan’s character development, which at that point I couldn’t even care less. It didn’t bring anything new to the series.

Overall, I have so many complaints, even more than the ones I listed, yet I feel like overall this was a great self-contained series and never went downhill.
Still, gotta lower my score from a 10 to a 9 at least or I wouldn’t be honest with my feelings towards this series.

What a ride, I’ve been reading this one since the first chapter so I’m really sad to see Kimetsu no Yaiba end after 4 years

XenocrisiMay 12, 2020 9:52 AM
May 12, 2020 9:42 AM

Nov 2013
Well this whole last arc sure was a disappointment.

Xenocrisi said:

Still, gotta lower my score from a 10 to a 9 at least or I wouldn’t be honest with my feelings towards this series.
Ngl, your whole comment sounded like decription of something way lover than 9 lol. Pump up that honesty.
You all need to watch Nami.

May 12, 2020 9:48 AM

Jun 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Of course reincarnation would happen.

Sooo, what to say, the conclusion was kinda satisfying but at the same time not. This series could have been MUCH MORE than what it is. Things were definitely too rushed, there should have been more arcs to give more time screen to most of the characters. I feel like the story had a lot potential, but wasted part of it. 300/400 chapters would have been just fine. Almost no world building, a lot of characters appeared, disappeared, and then again appeared after more than 80 chapters.

The characters’ interactions were maybe the strongest point of this series, the bonds between the characters were well portrayed, yet I feel like the weren’t shown enough, if you know what I mean.

Muzan’s fight, although it had a lot of great moments, felt underwhelming from every kind of point of view. Characters such as Obanai and Kanroji were totally tossed away, especially Kanroji. Zenitsu had absolutely no role in all of this, he was kinda dead after the RLD arc. His highlight was literally 2 chapters.

Kinda salty we didn’t get any romance development, but it was kinda obvious we wouldn’t get any since Tanjiro has never shown any kind of love interest. Zenitsu’s love was just a joke from the beginning to the end.
Demon Tanjiro was a plot device for Muzan’s character development, which at that point I couldn’t even care less. It didn’t bring anything new to the series.

Overall, I have so many complaints, even more than the ones I listed, yet I feel like overall this was a great self-contained series and never went downhill.

What a ride, I’ve been reading this one since the first chapter so I’m really sad to see Kimetsu no Yaiba end after 4 years

Raws and picture haven t even come out wait for it first before jumping conclusion

As for romance it was said some of them have descendants so either Tanjiro, Giyu, Nezuko and Kanao didn t end up single

I give this series 8.0 out of 10 it was somewhat dissapointing. I am not affect as got others new series I am focusing on.

May 12, 2020 10:05 AM

Oct 2019
It was sure a fun ride, I actually enjoyed the last arc sure the fight with Muzan was pretty disappointing but other then him the other fights against the top 3 upper moons were really solid especially the fights against Kokushibo, the aftermath of that fight and Akaza's backstory were actually heartbreaking.

Overall this arcs is a 7/10 for me.

I might start to catch up on Act-Age to fill the void....
May 12, 2020 10:47 AM

May 2018
Elvarth said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally, the last chapter of our four-year fun ride arrived (in leak form, lol).

Reincarnation theory confirms. Yushiro is alive and sits next to an old human (unknown who they are, possibly Kirya, because he was 8 when Muzan died).

Volume 20 extras showed some characters in Academy Universe, which matched with the spoiler from chapter 205. For Volume 20 extras, we know more about Aneko, Yoriichi's mother, and their childhood and meanings of their names.

Where did you find leaks?
May 12, 2020 11:38 AM

Jan 2018
Elvarth said:
(unknown who they

Academy universe? Where? There was Kokushibo and Yorichi and Akaza and his wife and some other characters in the extras.
May 12, 2020 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
@Elvarth, so just as most of people expected: a time skip to the modern times. Sounds good to hear that Yushiro remained alive and Kiriya could live until he became an old man (so "Oyakata's family curse" lost its power with Muzan's death). I haven't seen any pictures yet, so I base my opinion on this chapter on what people have written about it, although it sounds like a fine ending from the leaks you mentioned in your post.
May 12, 2020 11:49 AM

Jan 2009
Rider9530 said:

mangahelpers https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-205-spoiler-discussion-thread.3016414/

but lol this users posting a thread without even 1 leak picture panel from the manga
May 12, 2020 11:59 AM

May 2018
deg said:
Rider9530 said:

mangahelpers https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-205-spoiler-discussion-thread.3016414/

but lol this users posting a thread without even 1 leak picture panel from the manga

Why would he do that xD
Thx anyway.
May 12, 2020 12:10 PM

Oct 2013
deg said:

Ayy really? So everything revealed or leaked or whatever about chapter 205, at least until now, was just theorizing? ;p
May 12, 2020 12:11 PM

Jan 2009
Adnash93 said:
deg said:

Ayy really? So everything revealed or leaked or whatever about chapter 205, at least until now, was just theorizing? ;p

nope just text summary spoilers they are legit though if you look at the mangahelpers link i provided earlier
May 12, 2020 9:28 PM

Oct 2017
deg said:
Rider9530 said:

If this leak is legit then as we all expected they all passed away and reincarnated. Pretty good ending imo.
May 13, 2020 9:12 AM
Oct 2019
Well, this may be the last thread for Kimetsu No Yaiba manga discussion in MAL. It is nice to meet and discuss about the manga with everyone.

Today, Gotouge announced that they would release the third light novel on June 26th. https://miraibunko.jp/book/978-4-08-321585-8. We hope that this light novel will fill in some details that the mainstream manga couldn't.

Besides, thanks to a diligent KNY fan (Moko-chan), we get English translation for the first two novels. The translation is quite good if you are interested in: https://mokochan314.home.blog/
May 13, 2020 1:42 PM

May 2018
Elvarth said:
Well, this may be the last thread for Kimetsu No Yaiba manga discussion in MAL. It is nice to meet and discuss about the manga with everyone.

Today, Gotouge announced that they would release the third light novel on June 26th. https://miraibunko.jp/book/978-4-08-321585-8. We hope that this light novel will fill in some details that the mainstream manga couldn't.

Besides, thanks to a diligent KNY fan (Moko-chan), we get English translation for the first two novels. The translation is quite good if you are interested in: https://mokochan314.home.blog/

Thank you so much!!!
I looked for translation of the novels.
May 13, 2020 3:39 PM
Oct 2019
Rider9530 said:
Elvarth said:

Thank you so much!!!
I looked for translation of the novels.

Your welcome. I hope that other members can find and share English sources for official fan book. I heard that the data in fan book explains many details.
May 13, 2020 4:42 PM

Jan 2009
Elvarth said:

ye but a lot of times when i made manga chapter threads the moderators warned me that i should at least see the raws in full but if its just text summary spoilers like this then it will get shot down but meh hopefully this thread will not get shut down
May 13, 2020 5:35 PM
Oct 2019
deg said:
Elvarth said:

ye but a lot of times when i made manga chapter threads the moderators warned me that i should at least see the raws in full but if its just text summary spoilers like this then it will get shot down but meh hopefully this thread will not get shut down

I guess the reason is that every forum and spoiler websites are on countdown for the first pages of KNY so no one cares about minor rules anymore. After this week, no matter how we love or hate KNY, the story is over.
May 13, 2020 7:40 PM
May 13, 2020 11:32 PM

Jan 2009
more spoilers
https://twitter.com/DBHypeX/status/1260789175135043586
https://twitter.com/DBHypeX/status/1260775802875990017
here is a backup since he plans to take them down later

May 14, 2020 12:11 AM

May 2018
I just read the chapters and i can't be more satisfied in an ending :))))
I will miss this manga so much!!!

9/10 for me.

They could've end this series in chapter 204 and i would still give it 9/10 because it was a perfect ending, but it's also nice to know about their descendants and reincarnations. I hope that in the anime they will adapt chapter 204 and 205 in one episode this way it won't be weird.
Rider9530May 15, 2020 3:36 PM
May 14, 2020 1:31 AM

Jan 2018
Aahhh I'm not crying. We pretty much got to see everyone reincarnated(also looks like a lot of ship sailed), I really wanna talk about it but I guess I'll wait until tomorrow. I think it's a really satisfying ending. Tanjirou and Co defeated the big final boss and went on to live their lives and created a better future for the next generations. And the last panel dammit :') . I've been reading this for over 2 years now, and it finally ended. Thank you Gotouge sensei.
ARK-13May 14, 2020 6:55 AM
May 14, 2020 1:48 AM

May 2009
Few new pics

Poor Yushiro.
Agatsuma kids are named Touko (Nezuko) and Yoshiteru (black haired Zenitsu).
bastek66May 14, 2020 2:04 AM
May 14, 2020 2:52 AM

Jan 2009
Demon Slayer Next Generations

lol but ye nice reincarnations heck Giyu, Makomo and Sabito reunited in the modern world
May 14, 2020 4:18 AM

Jul 2014
I can understand why Getouge went with this modern timeskip reincarnation route, she wanted to finish this with everyone including the characters that died look happy for the final chapter. A bit mixed since I prefer seeing Kamaboko Gonpachirou screwing or having lovey dovey time with Kanao but this is ayt too.
A bit weirded out with gender bend Kanao dating Nezuko lookalike.. glad it wasnt the other brother that's literally the spitting image of Tanjirou lol.
Anyways wholesome end. T'was a fun ride! thanks Getouge sensei! till we meet again.
May 14, 2020 5:24 AM

May 2009
-Stray said:
I can understand why Getouge went with this modern timeskip reincarnation route, she wanted to finish this with everyone including the characters that died look happy for the final chapter. A bit mixed since I prefer seeing Kamaboko Gonpachirou screwing or having lovey dovey time with Kanao but this is ayt too.

But this manga was never a romance so it wouldn't make sense to be full romance for epilogue.
May 14, 2020 5:41 AM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:

But this manga was never a romance so it wouldn't make sense to be full romance for epilogue.

I was kidding with the screwing/boning thing hahaha.. it's why I played with Tanjirou's name while typing it.
If anything this ending makes the most sense, I mean would people prefer them getting revived by some weird ass balls or being reborn into half demon half human breeds. Tho yeah I can't say I'm not a tad bit bitter.. prefer to see how the original cast is doing, not their great great great (don't know how many more greats) grand kids. Tho I'm guessin pretty far ahead since Tanjirou and Nezuko's kids seems to be dating (then again.. its legal and sometimes normal in Japan to date your cousin so...)
May 14, 2020 6:15 AM

Oct 2017
Nice they were all reincarnated. I'm happy we got to see them lead a happy life, this is a really sweet ending.
May 14, 2020 6:54 AM
Oct 2019
Ok, for who is curious, the last puzzle is solved. Blue Spider Lilly only blooms two or three time a year then withers quickly. Bad luck for Muzan, lol. At least the author did not forget about that mystery.
May 14, 2020 7:27 AM

Jun 2016
I have to admit I am only subpar please with this ending. But it is what it is

I give it 7.8 out of 10

May 14, 2020 7:34 AM

Dec 2017
an average ending for an average manga. i'm glad that at least they didn't drag it out
May 14, 2020 9:59 AM

May 2015
this chapter is perfect.
easily the best battle shonen i've read,it has my favorite characters and fights,i like the art a lot,character development is great,no fillers,very good pacing and the only battle shonen that made me cry.
8/10

nanashi796May 14, 2020 10:18 AM
May 14, 2020 10:23 AM

Sep 2015
The haters are going to have a field day with this chapter.
May 14, 2020 12:54 PM
Apr 2016
I didn't enjoy reading last chapter. That's all.
IkatteiruhitoMay 17, 2020 9:29 AM
May 14, 2020 1:08 PM

Jan 2009
scanlations are out

well ye the Blue Spider Lily is so rare it only blooms for like a few hours huh so no wonder why Muzan cannot find it

and poor immortal Yushiro he is still waiting for the reincarnation of Tamayo? but i bet she is with her own husband and children now though

and definitely Tanjiro x Kanao and Zenitsu x Nezuko happened
May 14, 2020 1:22 PM

May 2009
deg said:
and poor immortal Yushiro he is still waiting for the reincarnation of Tamayo? but i bet she is with her own husband and children now though

Demons don't reincarnate.
May 14, 2020 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
bastek66 said:
deg said:

ok that makes sense but what about Genya? he clearly became a demon when he eaten the hair of Upper Moon 1 right?

and is there any direct info about that on the manga if so what chapter?
May 14, 2020 1:25 PM

Dec 2019
I honestly really liked the last chapter (well the scans), there was closure and it went over the pairings and honestly its the ending I was hoping for after ch 204. I'm glad I read this manga as it easily got me more involved in reading manga and I loved the storyline and the characters :)
May 14, 2020 2:03 PM

Jan 2009
SemIdeiaPraNome said:
INOSUKE IS NOW AN ACTUAL WOMAN LMAO

no dude he is still a man according to that Nezuko look a like but now a scientists with feminine personality that discovered the blue spider lily
May 14, 2020 2:05 PM

May 2009
deg said:
bastek66 said:

ok that makes sense but what about Genya? he clearly became a demon when he eaten the hair of Upper Moon 1 right?

and is there any direct info about that on the manga if so what chapter?

Maybe because he didn't kill any human and wasn't controlled by Muzan.
May 14, 2020 2:08 PM

Oct 2013
Judging from leaked scans alone, this chapter looked... bizarre. Time skip became reality and we saw reincarnated versions of characters from the past, just as expected, but it has just... didn't feel like a decent ending for this manga, but more than a fine and lighthearted story, something like longer version of those KnY Academy in which everyone appeared as people participating to modern school (I didn't like them in the manga, but in the anime adaptation they were alright, lol). I'm wondering about what they have talked bout in those several leaked panels I saw before.

@Elvarth, text spoilers were kinda overrated. I didn't see any scene with Yushiro talking to the last Oyakata in modern times.

@deg, hurray, three Butterfly Estate Sisters appeared! But it is sto awkward they did not come to visit Tanjiro after Muzan's death.

@bastek66, technically speaking Genya remained human. He could transform into a demon only for a short period of time and only after devouring demon's flesh. His death looked liked as if he was a demon, indeed, but it was not confirmed he became a demon totally and without any way to return to being a human again if i.e. he survived miraculously the fight against Kokushibou.
AdnashMay 14, 2020 2:11 PM
May 14, 2020 2:17 PM

Jan 2009
Adnash93 said:

@bastek66, technically speaking Genya remained human. He could transform into a demon only for a short period of time and only after devouring demon's flesh. His death looked liked as if he was a demon, indeed, but it was not confirmed he became a demon totally and without any way to return to being a human again if i.e. he survived miraculously the fight against Kokushibou.

@bastek66

he got blood demon art and can hear muzans orders via telepathy from the demon cells though

did you get that demons do not reincarnate info on dragonball perhaps? where it says there that those killed by demons cannot be resurrected so dragonballs are useless so it somehow loosely link to reincarnation

May 14, 2020 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
@deg @bastek66, I think we must wait for an official confirmation directly from Gotouge whether Genya became demon; remained human with ability to use the powers of demons; became a hybrid of both, but neither demon nor human alone.
May 14, 2020 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
Adnash93 said:
@deg @bastek66, I think we must wait for an official confirmation directly from Gotouge whether Genya became demon; remained human with ability to use the powers of demons; became a hybrid of both, but neither demon nor human alone.

ok btw there is already a fan scanlation on usual places so you can read the chapter in english and in full
May 14, 2020 3:15 PM

May 2018
So there were 204 chapter that I absolutely loved. Most of ch 205 is not existing for me... Yushiro is so sad to see it's unbearable.... I had to cry as soon as I saw the katana, earrings and the picture of Tanjiro and co being happy. I hope for a special or a canon Anime OVA where you can see Tanjiro & Co getting older... (We don't even know if they got older than 25) ... I am gonna miss this

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
May 14, 2020 3:17 PM
May 2019
chapter 205:

Blue spider lily.

i am laugh so hard for this.

the reason why muzan couldnt find it for thousand year is because it is only bloom in daylight. ans only fews a year.

bittersweet ending.
Kanao join kamado family.
nezuko join agatsuma familiy.
muichiro reborn as inosuke grandchild.
Shinobu as teacher(?)
and giyuu. he is as a child in kindergarden with 2 ghost(so giyuushino never be a ship)
Gyomei like usuall
Yushiro still alive and become an artist.
Kanroji and obanai work in bake shop(or maybe it is their home, and both already married)

probably zenitsu is still alive. we see old man siluet playing shogi with urokodaki haori.
May 14, 2020 4:02 PM
Oct 2019
The English version has been posted on demonslayermanga for hours. You can google and read it.
May 14, 2020 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
And it's over. I didn't like the ending very much and didn't find it satisfying. I know that Gotouge had problems though, which is sad. At least they left us with a good message in the end: Even if you're not happy in this life, maybe in the next you will be (lololol)

Muichirou as a baby made me slightly emotional, though. Favorite character ♥ ObaMitsu finally got married, which is cute (but I expected more after all the promises and everything, which we had seen an actual marriage).

It's been a long journey, but I'm still glad I picked up this manga. It wasn't perfect, but it made me feel a lot of emotions all the way through and it had some amazing fights. Douma x Shinobu definitely is one of my favorite fights ever, and I can't wait to see it animated.

I'm glad I'm gonna be able to experience all those feelings again in the anime format. 9/10 ♥
May 14, 2020 5:03 PM

Oct 2019
What a disappointment of an ending. I hope this is a joke.
May 14, 2020 5:28 PM
Nov 2015
The ending was a bit of a letdown to me, but this is still a really good manga overall.
8/10 imo.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

8 by floral_sacrifice »»
Aug 10, 11:13 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2016

8 by floral_sacrifice »»
Aug 10, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 196 Discussion

Elvarth - Feb 26, 2020

43 by Meldemort »»
Aug 1, 9:30 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 179 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DemonDarknight - Oct 17, 2019

87 by Meldemort »»
Jul 31, 7:16 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 103 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2018

14 by KcmcPro »»
Jul 26, 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.