3It was OK
10.9%
2Disliked it
6.6%
1Hated it
3.7%
Average 4.2
348 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2019 10:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hitoha can be a bit scary when she has that aura around her.

Pretty fun field trip though. The Literature Club has a bond between each other and even enjoyed some fun with a short pillow fight. I think it was a meaningful experience for the club.
Aug 16, 2019 12:08 PM
Jan 2019
This covered half of chapter 16. Do you guys think the anime will adapt the entire manga(16-32) in 5 episodes?
Aug 16, 2019 12:39 PM

Apr 2016
That pedo geezer is stepping up his game. While Sonezaki is treating her bf like trash, come on girl.
Aug 16, 2019 12:56 PM
Nov 2018
Niina seems to have a case of Stockholm Syndrome.
I'm really glad I caught up to this show, even though this episode wasn't as great as previous ones
Aug 16, 2019 1:22 PM

Aug 2015
Am I the only one who's disgusted by the anime? All I hear is praise but I can't agree at all, the overall premise is nothing more than tasteless and even normalizes taboos like that one teacher-student relationship and pedophilia. How can people find this show appealing, let alone "relatable"?

Plus the character's behaviour are absolutely ridiculous like Kazusa's where she was only thinking about boobs. Is that supposed to be metaphorical? Seriously, I'm just watching the show because it's a trainwreck, don't understand the people who actually like it or think it's anything close than "good".
Aug 16, 2019 1:24 PM

Aug 2013
Kazusa is obsessed with oppai lol.

Seems like Niina really does have feelings for Izumi from what I understand. And Sonezaki and her guy, Amagi, might breaking up since she isn't treating him well. I really don't want that to happen.

Aug 16, 2019 1:30 PM

Nov 2007
Kazusa is wasted on a fap king like Izumi to begin with.

Can we get more of the Senpai-tachi no Romansu instead of the trouble that is Niina and her goon Momoka please?

Also, best girl cap for another week! <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 16, 2019 1:33 PM
Jan 2018
iTitania_ said:
Am I the only one who's disgusted by the anime? All I hear is praise but I can't agree at all, the overall premise is nothing more than tasteless and even normalizes taboos like that one teacher-student relationship and pedophilia. How can people find this show appealing, let alone "relatable"?

Plus the character's behaviour are absolutely ridiculous like Kazusa's where she was only thinking about boobs. Is that supposed to be metaphorical? Seriously, I'm just watching the show because it's a trainwreck, don't understand the people who actually like it or think it's anything close than "good".

Good to know I'm not the only one with this opinion, thanks for putting into words what I couldn't.
Anime is trash and so am I
Aug 16, 2019 1:38 PM

Nov 2007
iTitania_ said:

Well, you can always create yet another "Am I the only one..." thread and get over with it. :P

Coronavirus.
Aug 16, 2019 1:42 PM

May 2015
Welp, guess it's going the way I got spoiled by the manga readers. Though at this point you don't even need to get spoiled to see where this is going.

I feel so bad for Kazusa :/
Aug 16, 2019 1:43 PM

Sep 2012
iTitania_ said:

Exactly. It's like appealing to multiple fetishes in one story. It's a total shit fest especially later on. There's a good reason why the translator dropped the entire manga after translating the first couple of chapters. People's opinion of the show is going to be entirely different after the multiple praises. They just don't know.
Aug 16, 2019 1:49 PM

May 2012

It is nice to see the anime portraying a "nice teacher" who is actually just using his position to be close to small children, as it happens a lot in real life. I just hope they will go for the addressing him as a criminal route, and not for the normalizing pedophilia route. It doesn't matter he doesn't have actual sex with children when we can clearly see how emotionally broken they can grow up after being groomed.

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Aug 16, 2019 2:03 PM

Oct 2013
How the hell people fail to realize that the geezer is meant to be a negative figure and influence is beyond me.
Aug 16, 2019 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
Momoko was still daydreaming about Sugawara's figure when Sugimoto brought her back to reality, and I swear I got her. He didn't even do anything "bad", but calling twice like that and stuff when he could just text and wait, I would get annoyed too. Momoko really seems to like girls more than boys though, especially if the girl is Sugawara. lol But even if this is not the case, she clearly doesn't like Sugimoto, so I hope she can be honest with him, for his own sake too. Sonezaki was funny, seeing her as a clueless child because she doesn't "know love." xD Hongou is still hanging in there with Milo-sensei too, and her advances are apparently starting to have an effect on him, at least he seemed to feel bad after leaving her like that.

Kazusa and Sugawara were both about to say stuff they could regret later, so it was nice that Sonezaki stopped them and started that pillow fight too. Kazusa likes Izumi, a lot, and she is ready to tell him how she feels. But now it seems that Sugawara isn't really indifferent to him either, but she isn't sure of what she feels like Kazusa. Izumi is seeing Kazusa as a girl again now that he knows she likes him, and that scene with the train keychain was really cute and nice. I hope she can tell him. Poor Amagi though, Sonezaki pushed him aside again. She is also in love and was smiling and blushing while looking at his message, but how can he know how she feels with her treating him like that, never having time for him? I hope the reading of their legend goes well.
Aug 16, 2019 2:18 PM

Apr 2014
Swagernator said:
That pedo geezer is stepping up his game. While Sonezaki is treating her bf like trash, come on girl.

Why is that old fart pedo when Niina wants to fuck him?
Aug 16, 2019 2:22 PM

Feb 2018
If I hear something about oppai (having fun together) again, I might not be able to handle another episode lol.
The idea for the urban legend seemed pretty cool though.
Just like the pillow fight that helped the Literature Club girls get closer to each other.
Aug 16, 2019 3:18 PM
Jul 2019
iTitania_ said:

i agree sadly :( but your not the only one though. But i want to see when the drama happens so continue to watch it.
Aug 16, 2019 3:20 PM

Dec 2016
So thinking about it a little bit more, the show isn't as good as I frist thought.

The premise of the show is to show a more "real" romance and that's cool and all with kazusa and Izumi and kinda with Sonezaki and Amagi where not everything is not pure and magical, but it doesn't give that kind of treatment to the very very very disturbing, to say the least, relationship of Niina and that gremlin who I forgot her name, I mean there might be some kind of a real relationship somewhere in the world that isn't creepy, but fuck me if that ain't creepy......

Also best girl Momoko I can already see this just with her good she is so gay I love her....

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
Aug 16, 2019 3:24 PM
Jul 2019
Well, the old gezzer is a bad guy. Yayyyy. :( though i guess i understand why. Ehh. Poor Amagi. Though this anime is not what i call good drama. The story is not that good.
Aug 16, 2019 3:32 PM

Apr 2016
fistyoursoul said:
Swagernator said:

I dont know, ask him, not me.
Aug 16, 2019 3:52 PM
Apr 2016
All the drama and conflicts were so cute and silly-- until we reached the last scene... Well, the pedophile person has some bizarre morals, not nice ones for sure. Niina seems to might have fallen for Izumi.
Aug 16, 2019 4:33 PM

Sep 2017
God dammit Sonezaki stop treating your boyfriend like that. Man the Hongou and Sugawara "routes" just keep getting weirder. Makes me wonder if this show will eventually just become fetish pandering. So far I'm still in it tho.
Aug 16, 2019 5:07 PM

Mar 2017
I hate that pedo geezer. And Sugawara kissing that geezer was a super weird thing.
Sonezaki and Amagi are the only good couple so far. But Sonezaki should treat Amagi better.

Overall this episode wasn't as good as the previous ones.
Aug 16, 2019 5:31 PM

Apr 2015
Kazusa and Niina were so close to having quite the exchange of words, but glad Sonezaki actually interrupted that conversation. I think they both got feelings for Izumi. If that would be the case, poor Kazusa. Also that silly boobs obsession though, even with the pillow fight.. "10 boobs bouncing and jiggling" XD

The old pedo guy is back... sadly. Not quite what I wanted to see, especially that kiss, what the.
Aug 16, 2019 5:38 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode again.

Hongou is really quite aggressive with her pursuit isn't she? Sensei got some real tolerance but I also love how he teases her.

I loved the part where Sonezki was like, I understand what those girls were talking about when they said love changes everything. XD

The pillow fight was fun. :)

Kazusa and Izumi window scene was great.
Did not expect Sugawara-shi and that old man director's encounter to take a more 'practical' approach.

I hope Sonezaki spends time with Shun during the festival, it's clear she wants too, she's just terrible at explaining what she actually wants and she's also a little too cautious of the people around. Shun is too nice of a guy to force her as well.
Aug 16, 2019 5:47 PM

Apr 2014
Swagernator said:
fistyoursoul said:

I asked you cause you said "pedo geezer".
Aug 16, 2019 6:57 PM

Jan 2011
damn this episode went to trash in just 2 minutes how?! ( i mean i know)
Aug 16, 2019 7:03 PM
Apr 2017
It's official. Momoko is a useless lesbian.
Aug 16, 2019 8:05 PM

Jun 2014
I don't really know how to feel about what's taking place in the show so far. I'm worried about where it's headed and the conflict feels mad forced. I thought this was gonna be comfy...

Like, Sugawara is very obviously suddenly gunning for Izumi, despite having nothing in common, talking to him a couple times, and KNOWING her friend likes him. Why the hell is she taking advice from her pedophile instructor anyway?

Sugawara in the span of a day, LITERALLY goes from "Gee, I hope people don't think I'm there to steal guys!" to, "Actually, he's mine sweetie..."

Fuck off with that garbage.

And then, Sonezaki is being a complete brainlet for no reason. She keeps blowing off the only dude who likes her in the bitchiest way possible. And let's not forget, he liked her before she changed up her appearance. He's pretty obviously just gonna break it off with her and then shes gonna bitch and moan about how terrible boys are, and love is... Wow...

Sudou is a lesbian. I mean, I guess? I dunno, just seems kinda dumb and outta left field. Why is she here in the show then? Is there any girl character we could introduce to pair her up with, or is she just going to be thirsting Sugawara this entire time? Wow, great character...

Hongou is still bothering the teacher, and the teacher still hasn't told her to piss off. Neither of them make sense at this point, nor do I care about them.

Onodera our main girl, did jack this episode. What was up with the 10 boobs comment? It was such cringe and felt so out of place. Augh, this show really started showing its true colors in the halfway mark of this episode. I felt it creeping in a couple other episodes, but now, you just know how the tone and rest of it is gonna be.
Aug 16, 2019 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
fistyoursoul said:
Swagernator said:

I asked you cause you said "pedo geezer".

Are you confused to what makes a person a pedophile?
Aug 16, 2019 9:09 PM

Feb 2008
The ntr is real, boys. Actually, I don't even know if this is really ntr as I don't even want Kazusa to end up with Izumi...

But instead Sugawara. As always, I expect Okada to blow it up in many ways that I don't enjoy at all, just like in Iron-blooded orphans.

And yes, Sonezaki attitude is seriously annoying.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Aug 16, 2019 9:13 PM
Feb 2012
Okada and her terrible characters
i'm not sure why anyone expected something different
Aug 16, 2019 9:14 PM

Apr 2013
I'm really surprised at the amount of people not getting how is possible that Niina has feelings for Izumi when all the hints have been there, both from their interactions and how her character has been portrayed as a loner who tends to avoid guys because they only are after her for the way she looks.

And since neither of them had the intention of flirting with the other in the first place, their conversations so far have been sincere exchanges with really good chemistry between the two. They bonded over Izumi's fondness of trains and she opened up to him by telling her about her past Saegusa. She even bluntly told Izumi that she understood why Kasuza was in love with him (!), meaning she was able to see his qualities and think of him as a "really nice guy".

We also have to consider that this is most likely the first time Sugawara has bonded with a person of the opposite sex other than Saegusa so, while she initially had the intention to know more about Izumi just to help Kazusa, she's experiencing new feelings and discovering she's able to feel atraction for other people which is a key element in order to fulfill her goal of having sex in the short term.

It's also pretty clear that Saegusa is a bad influence to her and that her following his advice is gonna lead to drama between her and Kasuza over Izumi. So you have the character who so far had been portrayed as the most composed and mature girl of the bunch starting to make mistakes in the name of love thanks to a "ghost" from her past who still haunts her to this day. That's a pretty cool development to me.
shinramainAug 16, 2019 9:20 PM
Aug 16, 2019 9:20 PM

Oct 2012
iTitania_ said:

How is it normalizing taboos? The drama teacher is referred to in the show as “disgusting”, Hongou falling for her teacher is something that happens in real life. If you haven’t noticed, this is an anime about girls entering adulthood and everything that comes with it, romance and sex. You seeing it as disgusting is your own dirty mind.
Aug 16, 2019 9:24 PM
May 2016
I love the idea of Niina and Izumi, but Niina, you shouldn't listen to that creep. Just look at the directing of that scene. Everything says "this guy is a creep".

I like how the teacher continues to be uninterested in Hongo and is clearly interested in one of the other teachers.

Momoko is DEFINITELY gay at this point, and I still think that Kazusa isn't REALLY in love with Izumi, since it all comes off as being in her head than reality.

Nothing with Sonezaki of interest this episode.
Aug 16, 2019 9:24 PM

Nov 2010
Girls are so free and privilaged. Even if they repeatedly call out or shake their sexual symbol, it doesn't seem so nasty. In case of boys, it is only a bad joke.
Aug 16, 2019 9:25 PM
May 2016
Pino-chan said:
iTitania_ said:

How is it normalizing taboos? The drama teacher is referred to in the show as “disgusting”, Hongou falling for her teacher is something that happens in real life. If you haven’t noticed, this is an anime about girls entering adulthood and everything that comes with it, romance and sex. You seeing it as disgusting is your own dirty mind.

and Milo-sensei doens't even seem to be interested in Hongo, he's clearly into one of the other teachers
Aug 16, 2019 9:34 PM
Mar 2016
NG_Chloe said:
and I still think that Kazusa isn't REALLY in love with Izumi, since it all comes off as being in her head than reality.

Whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Seriously, What ?
Aug 16, 2019 10:02 PM
Jun 2013
im kinda excited for this love triangle that is about to come up. for some reason i thought Niina was gonna say she liked Kazusa at the end but actually starting to fall for Izumi. i actually like Niina alot and would like for her to end up with Izumi but will most likely end up with Kazusa, which is fine she is awesome too.
Aug 16, 2019 10:19 PM
Jul 2019
Love There must be a problem if there are no unattractive problems with the anime romance story. So if there is a problem, romance will be more exciting and tense
Aug 16, 2019 10:21 PM
Jul 2019
in my opinion this episode is better with a love story and a more striking drama
Aug 16, 2019 10:49 PM

Jul 2014
Niina, wtf are you doing?..... I hate that pedo director.

Momo showing her yuriness more and more. You're close to realizing it. Come on, girl.

Sonezaki is digging her own grave.

Kasuza x Izumi needs to sail.
Aug 16, 2019 10:53 PM
Apr 2018
In This Episode, Araburu Kazusa Looks Like Not Confident To Himself But After Giving Izumi's Key Chain His Trust Increases And Wants To Express His Feelings To Izumi,And for Nina (her friend Kazusa) Actually, she didn't want to disturb the relationship between Kazusa and Izumi, but she was influenced by someone by saying humans were not created to belong to someone they were free to love,Is there a love triangle between Izumi Kazusa and Nina? From Drama and Romance it is already good In this episode Even More Good Why Do You Underestimate It?
Aug 16, 2019 11:29 PM
Mar 2015
Don't why there is so much hate. This is not CGDCT These girls have real feelings Senpai is in love but in public she pushes her BF away. Kazusa may want to tell Izumi she loves him but she feels attraction to other girls just like Momo does. Our author cannot get to first base with Sensei Nina still confides to her pedophile teacher while actually falling in love with Izumi The pillow fight was good but the lessons it taught flew away as soon as they got back
Aug 17, 2019 12:04 AM

Aug 2019
Honestly have no idea how Hongou and Sensei's story's gonna play out. I doubt they'll end up together but who knows at this point.

All I know is that Amagi is best boi

Also that window to window keychain throwing thing, couldn't help but think that if this was Hell Girl, one of em would have slipped off the window and died.
Aug 17, 2019 12:21 AM
Jan 2019
Kazusa is about to feel that pain of young love. Who else has an idea of what's about to happen...

Ive seen 2 romance animes my whole life including maidens in your savage season
and I love them a lot. Anyone got recommendations for some good ones that get deep like this one? I don't want to watch something that just has cute girls.
Aug 17, 2019 12:41 AM

Nov 2007
Spilly1k said:
Kazusa is about to feel that pain of young love. Who else has an idea of what's about to happen...

Ive seen 2 romance animes my whole life including maidens in your savage season
and I love them a lot. Anyone got recommendations for some good ones that get deep like this one? I don't want to watch something that just has cute girls.

Hacimitsu to Clover
Toradora!
Tsuki ga Kirei
White Album 2 (Don't bother watching White Album 1, different characters, stupid story)
Just Because!
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
High Score Girl
Full Moon wo Sagashite (elements of supernatural)
Princess Tutu (elements of supernatural)
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai (elements of supernatural, don't get caught off guard considering it's just another heroine arc anime)
Kokoro Connect (elements of supernatural)
Nagi no Asu kara (elements of supernatural)
Kyoukai no Kanata (elements of supernatural)
Tamako Market (elements of supernatural)
Nana
Net-juu no Susume
ReLife (elements of supernatural)
Otome Youkai Zakuro (elements of supernatural)
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Coronavirus.
Aug 17, 2019 12:57 AM

Aug 2015
Pino-chan said:
iTitania_ said:

lol wut? The anime is all about dirtiness, it's definitely not my "dirty mind". It isn't called Savage Maidens for nothing, don't be fooled by the cute character design.

Of course it's normalizing taboos, even romanticizes them since both characters (Niina and Hongou) see nothing wrong about their relationship with that pedo geezer and the teacher even though they should clearly know it's wrong. Hongou is even sexually harassing the teacher but he's just standing there, doing nothing, like he's enjoying it (like where he was giggling when he was pretending to kiss Hongou). Plus he still writes with her on social media about all those dirty fantasies like what panties will turn him on etc. A teacher is supposed to step back and to tell their students that it's wrong to sit on their lap and demand sex or to not show them their panties but he doesn't care at all.

And about Niina:
Satan said:
It doesn't matter he doesn't have actual sex with children when we can clearly see how emotionally broken they can grow up after being groomed.

That sums it pretty much up. She doesn't even realize that she's emotionally broken, still visits him and even kisses him. He's like 40 and she's 16 but both are completely fine with this situation.

So... which part DOESN'T normalizes all these taboos?
Aug 17, 2019 1:31 AM

Mar 2018
I don't like where this is going..
I feel Sonezaki's relationship is going down
Saegusa being an annoying sidechar that seems to stir up some annyoing love triangle
Niina seemingly going along with that.. Idk I felt like she really was a good "spectator" role for Izumi and Kazusa but.. Guess it couldn't go down so well huh
If Momo goes down the Yuri Route with Niina problems would ne solved but well..
The only "progress" I liked this episode was Hongou's tho that couldn't really ne called progress

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 17, 2019 1:32 AM

Feb 2015
let's see the influence of that director to Nina. Ehh but well, it might have been what we've all been thinking of. Sonazaki either has to notice her feelings too late or she'll open up that's pretty much it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does it cover all the manga ?

xnub - May 7

3 by xnub »»
May 8, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

312 by Kiruko-san »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

143 by Kiruko-san »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:04 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

194 by Kiruko-san »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Poll: » Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

144 by Kiruko-san »»
Dec 9, 2023 9:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.