Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
70.7%
4Liked it!
20.7%
3It was OK
6.1%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.6
863 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2015 10:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this episode was interesting. Election arc!

Again, with the recent events, we have some bit of solemn moments with the three main leads. Quite interesting to see Isshiki's role in this episode though as well as Shizuka. Always so supportive with people.

Lol Hachiman
Stark700Apr 16, 2015 10:29 AM
Apr 16, 2015 10:28 AM

Nov 2007
Sister noticing something happened. Awkward between the main two.

New request from the student council. Someone nominated the girl, who doesn't want to be the president. There's only one nomination? That's a hard request to fulfill. Main girl vs. main guy now? Then meeting her sister.

lol @ Master Donuts. Not just meeting the older sister, he also met his junior high school "friends". One of them being the one who got confessed by him. That popular guy got called out, too.

Then hearing what she does a bit. They had some argument.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 16, 2015 11:41 AM
Oct 2013
New opening animation! nice

Apr 16, 2015 11:56 AM
Sep 2013
well, opening animation is changed, idk i should be glad or no, since the timing of scene change is kinda.. odd. oh well it just me havent get used to it probably.

So it's a cold war all over the place, feel like this is building up to something big.. i hope so

idk why but haruno is way more cute compared to 1st season, i mightve started to ship her with hikki lol
Apr 16, 2015 12:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not a bad episode. They really nailed the tense atmosphere in the club room as described in the novels. Yukino's voice and tenseness, really tells you how much trouble she's having trying to interact with Hikigaya after the events in the last episode.

Iroha-chan makes her appearance finally and so does Kaori Orimoto, the girl he confessed to in middle school. She looks different than described in the novels but she's definitely as bitchy as announced. They did skip the scene where they shame Hachiman after Hayama arrives at the cafe, but they can always do that at a later point.

On thing I did not like though was Haruno's character design. She's supposed to be absolutely breathtaking and to be honest she looks plainer than she did in the first season.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 16, 2015 12:38 PM

Aug 2014
Everyone is cute in this show so far. Especially Totsuka.

The story so far is intriguing.

OP & ED are magnificent.

10/10 animation so far.
Apr 16, 2015 1:02 PM

Dec 2009
That OP makes me feel uneasy particularly the last part with Yukino and Yui walking away. I know there is friction after Hachiman pulled during the field trip, but it looks like there's something going on between Yukino and Yui.

It seems like everything is going wrong for Hachiman, now with the Iroha and the girl from his past I feel like he is going to suffer even more.

The new opening
blazeheroApr 16, 2015 5:33 PM
Apr 16, 2015 5:03 PM

Aug 2013
Damn they just kinda gloss over the cafe scene. They really just want to focus on Service Club's drama huh...

Don't really like the new OP sequences. It feels weird to me
Apr 16, 2015 5:23 PM

Aug 2012
First OP is better by a mile. There's too much FPS and... weird looking shots.
Apr 16, 2015 6:03 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
8man's accomplishment today:-

Irohasu route unlocked

Ex-Flame route unlocked
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 16, 2015 6:17 PM

Mar 2012
The exchange between Hachiman and Haruno illustrates pretty well why I like this series.
"What a courteous person [Yukino is, for sending a present]."
"No, I don't think that's what it is. She just hates us but still doesn't want us to hate her."

A lot of series can be entertaining. But I'm not sure any other series provides the same deep commentary about the subtleties of human relationships as this one. Looking forward to this arc unfolding because it sure looks like things are going down.
Apr 16, 2015 6:19 PM

Nov 2007
The extreme contrast between Yui and Yukino personality was so evident in this episode that I have to say the animators really did a splendid job maintaining the tensed atmosphere and at the same time further establishing the two girls' personality.

The girl Hachiman confessed to didn't seem anything special.Let alone being dull and plain, to blabber out a confession from the past in the presence of a complete stranger was enough to show that she has a terrible personality as well. Would have been nice if she could meet our two heroines. Anyways, it was nice to see Haruno and the conversation between them was Yahari-tier.

And that kouhai girl Iroha. Why in the world is she even in the cover picture? My initial impression wasn't really good. Yui is terrible when it comes to judging people and it looks like the new girl will be one of those misplaced friendship. Well, I guess I will just have to find out.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 16, 2015 6:35 PM
Apr 2015
New OP - New Arc
I wonder will they change the OP again when the show reach vol 9?
Apr 16, 2015 6:40 PM

Jan 2014
It was an okey episode.
Apr 16, 2015 6:47 PM

Mar 2013
I don't like how everyone in this show has their way to 'attack' Hachiman, including that unknown bitch from his past, Kaori. Yui seems to be the only one trying to fix things up or at least, make a nice enviroment. Didn't enjoy this episode, at all. I liked the new visuals for the opening though.
HeiizeApr 16, 2015 6:51 PM
Apr 16, 2015 7:55 PM

May 2010
My analysis of last week's conflict was right on the money

Confucius said:
I just rewatched the episode and I think Yukino is upset because the two of them shared an unwritten mutal agreement on Hayama's group and superficial relationships in general. But Hachiman's actions in this episode kind of betrayed Yukino and Hachiman's the bond between them.

ConfuciusApr 16, 2015 8:01 PM
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 16, 2015 8:18 PM

Jan 2015
too much emotion in this episode...
aww.. i feel uneasy with their relationship..
and the last scene when 8man close the door, its like last scene in season 1 with different side :)
----- Lock and Load -----
Apr 16, 2015 8:21 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
So far I like the new animation for the OP. I couldn't believe it was Haruno at first because I thought she looks more flashy than that, but I find the conversations between Haruno and Hachiman really interesting especially 8man forcing a smile. xD Also, the subs slid along with the sliding door on one scene. ;o

The atmosphere in the clubroom sure was really tense. I look forward to see the conclusion here, as I haven't read the novels. Hachiman for Student Council President! xP
Apr 16, 2015 8:28 PM

Dec 2013
Yukino and 8man bumping heads again.

I wish 8man would look at Yui more, I think she deserves it.
Eh
Apr 16, 2015 8:31 PM

Jul 2010
Oregairu does a pretty wonderful job making me dislike the 2 girls.

The tension between Hachiman and Yukino was great. Yui trying her best to lighten up the mood even by just a little bit.

Hearing how Hachiman confessed before and Kaori "faintly" remembers it. Iroha is pretty annoying in her own way. To tell Hachiman that to get his plan ready. While this episode was good, I'm quite pissed with Iroha acting cute. At least Kaori is more honest in that sense.
Apr 16, 2015 8:34 PM

Oct 2012
Oh man, quite a tense atmosphere this episode. I'm not sure who I agree with... While Hachiman's methods do get the job done, I also think that he should rely more on his friends and not be all selfless and take all the pain himself. I hope he patches things up with Yukino soon, it hurts to see them at odds again.

Wondering what Yui's "declaration" will be as well
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 16, 2015 8:34 PM
Apr 2015
pretty emotion heavy episode.

quick question about yui.

as far as I know about the backstory. didnt 8man get into an accident in the entrance ceremony. and as of currently arent the main trio all 2nd years. So does it mean that yui took at least a year to talk to 8man?
Apr 16, 2015 8:39 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
You know Hachiman isn't being himself when he didn't greet Saika back with a little blush and buys something other than MAX coffee.

Once again, Yukino and Hachiman gets into the dispute regarding their own methods of solving issues. Tbh, I really don't like this tension between them. Poor Yui is troubled and struggling to keep the flow in control but can't do much about it.

Orimoto is such a subtle bitch; humiliating Hachiman so openly. Was it necessary for her to reveal that he confessed to her in the past, to a total stranger no less?
As morbidly funny Hachiman's monologue was about his relationship with Orimoto in junior high, kinda felt bad for him. I still think he's too good for anyone. Hachiman X Saika FTW though!

Last scene tensed up the dispute between Yukino and Hachiman even more. I can't quite take either side, but it seems like Yukino has a point about Hachiman's action being superficial which he himself said to be meaningless before.

Great episode. Wonder what declaration Yui will make next week. Hopefully it'll eased up the tension between Hachiman and Yukino, even if a little.

Apr 16, 2015 8:41 PM

Jun 2014
so far the most boring episode, then again all of season 2 has been quite slow and boring. At least I was awake for the other 2, this one I just downright fell asleep.

Apr 16, 2015 8:48 PM
May 2014
noice new op

so much conflictttt
Apr 16, 2015 8:51 PM
Apr 2013
LordBanana said:
Damn they just kinda gloss over the cafe scene. They really just want to focus on Service Club's drama huh...

It was supposed to be a very good episode if they kept the monologues. What I notice the main difference between this season and the previous one is the number of monologues spoken by our protagonist which is considerably lesser compared to season 1. Felt rushed and I don't understand why they skipped the cafe scene despite its importance later on. Another point being it fleshes out Haruno as a character and Hachiman's past.

Disappointing really. Oh, and Yukino looks like shit.
Apr 16, 2015 9:04 PM
Jun 2012
I am not familiar with the novel, could you elaborate on what happens in cafe scene?
Apr 16, 2015 9:09 PM

Aug 2012
Love the new OP animation.

Kaori is such a bitch.

Feb 2013
Man, the tension in this episode is through the roof!

Vaultec said:
pretty emotion heavy episode.

quick question about yui.

as far as I know about the backstory. didnt 8man get into an accident in the entrance ceremony. and as of currently arent the main trio all 2nd years. So does it mean that yui took at least a year to talk to 8man?

The accident was just before the opening ceremony, and Yui didn't talk to Hikigaya until she got into the clubroom, so yea, that'd be the case.

Dec 2008
Holy shit the drama was handled so feel I could barely breath watching the episode from all of the friggin' tension.

...if this is the prelude to the nuclear-level drama all of the Light Novel readers were warning us about...I don't want it. I don't like the possibilities that could come out at the end of all of this. There's literally no good way this could go without being a bad story. Unfortunately, OreGairu's a pretty friggin' good story.

So excited but scared for the next episode.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Apr 16, 2015 9:13 PM

Feb 2013
Hated the enviroment this episode. The only thing I enjoyed were the few seconds Saika appeared on screen. 1/5

Apr 16, 2015 9:28 PM

Jan 2015
Liked most of the episode, I'm a bit of a Hayama fanboy so I was disappointed about the cafe scene. Makes me wonder how many episodes this season will be and if it will be anime original ending.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 16, 2015 9:30 PM
Apr 2013
nicholasokay said:
I am not familiar with the novel, could you elaborate on what happens in cafe scene?

In short,

etc.....

As you can see, a lot of important things happened but they just brushed over it.

My advice : Read the LN
worldeditor11Apr 22, 2015 9:08 PM
Apr 16, 2015 9:31 PM

Sep 2011
Sensing Kaori is a huge bitch. Also, Yukino getting on my nerves. Other than all that, good episode.
Apr 16, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2015
nicholasokay said:

There was a good bit of dialogue concerning 8man's old crush and Hayama.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 16, 2015 9:40 PM
Nov 2012
Hikkis way is way more effective in my opinion nd it leads to more drama nd issues in how they approache people's problems 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 I can't wait till next week I want a massive build up for a huge moment I'll never forget
Apr 16, 2015 9:45 PM
Jan 2013
OMG, You know something is fucking wrong when 8man doesn't get fucking Max Coffee
Apr 16, 2015 9:58 PM

Feb 2015
This is really starting to feel pretty heavy for something only 3 episodes in. Not necessarily a bad thing though. Interested to see where this is going. And while the cafe scene did feel rushed even from a non LN reader perspective (actually, I am reading it, but I started recently so I'm only on like volume 4) it still wasn't that bad. At the very least I felt 8man's pain there...

But yeah, from what I gather, shit's going down.
Apr 16, 2015 10:05 PM

Dec 2013
Another tense episode. Very interested in how this election will go.
Apr 16, 2015 10:06 PM

Jun 2008
My nigga Hachiman is a real nigga.

Fuck....it can't just be me that wants to punch every fucking girl on this anime, right?

And why is this anime being treated like it's some unbelievable masterpiece?

It's a story about angsty teens being overly angsty.....which is like every fucking teen show.

If Hachiman wasn't so interesting there is no way I'd put up with this bullshit.
Apr 16, 2015 10:17 PM

Nov 2008
JustALEX said:
My nigga Hachiman is a real nigga.

Fuck....it can't just be me that wants to punch every fucking girl on this anime, right?

And why is this anime being treated like it's some unbelievable masterpiece?

It's a story about angsty teens being overly angsty.....which is like every fucking teen show.

If Hachiman wasn't so interesting there is no way I'd put up with this bullshit.
so you're saying Hachiman is a good angsty teen? since he's also acting one after all xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 16, 2015 10:17 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode as always.
His sister is so cute but her voicing might be off.
Yukino is losing her cool.
That 'cute,cheerful but dumb' lass that doesn't want to be the prez or whatever will probably turn out a bitch.
Hiratsuko-sensei is back ^^
Haruno seems different but I've recognized her because of them bewbs. Even Hayato disapproved of her actions, she toys for amusement.
There's the girl who made Hachiman who he is.
And why the hate on Hachiman...his methods ARE the best because he doesn't fix the problem he annuls it as it never existed but as Hiratsuka said it will prevent him from helping someone he really wants to.
Apr 16, 2015 10:21 PM

Jan 2014
Craftworld_MM said:
...his methods ARE the best because he doesn't fix the problem he annuls it as it never existed but as Hiratsuka said it will prevent him from helping someone he really wants to.

Okay, I'm pretty sure this foreshadows something. Can someone spoil me, but not so much?

Man, I didn't feel a lot go on here. I NEED MORE NOW!! I'm not satisfied!
Apr 16, 2015 10:24 PM

Sep 2013
So in the cafe scene after Haruno left, Hayama told Hachiman that Haruno must like Hachiman, and with a sad face claimed that she ignored the ones she doesn't like. Could this mean that Hayama had feelings for Haruno? Other than that a great episode.
Apr 16, 2015 10:27 PM
Apr 2013
Talq said:
Could this mean that Hayama had feelings for Haruno?

Major spoilers:

Apr 16, 2015 10:28 PM
Apr 2015
Well, If the LN was good at the first part ( vol 1-6 ), then the next part vol 7-9 seems quite down.
Maybe the author focuses too much about character development.
Apr 16, 2015 10:37 PM

Aug 2012
worldeditor11 said:
Talq said:
Could this mean that Hayama had feelings for Haruno?

Major spoilers:

Apr 16, 2015 10:43 PM

Jun 2008
DenjaX said:
so you're saying Hachiman is a good angsty teen? since he's also acting one after all xDD

He's just all around interesting.

Who knows, at the end even us the viewers will end up hating him, since that's what he seems to enjoy...

And honestly, if that happens....that'd be pretty fucking great.

But for now, he seems to be the most likable character, which is pretty ironic.

Well...the way the narrative is being drawn...it's ironic.
Apr 16, 2015 10:44 PM
Apr 2013
Rikishi said:
worldeditor11 said:

Major spoilers:

Apr 16, 2015 10:52 PM

Apr 2015
This reminded me back when I was in high school. I got so many friends in our class, and when they decided to nominate a class president one of them nominated me. I refuse, yet one by one they insist that I accept it. You know what I did? I simply said to them, "If you made me president, you'll regret it."

They cancelled my name and voted for another classmate. This is why I don't it why they have to help these girls. C'mon, you have the right to refuse. Who cares what they'll think as long as long as I'll not regret, why should I care?

These girls are annoying. Sheesh.
#CHEXIT
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

423 by Kami_Thesis »»
Sep 17, 11:36 AM

» [Spoiler] Question About Something In The First Episode [spoiler] Please Answer

Rayane-47 - Nov 12, 2021

13 by tanaymithari21 »»
Aug 22, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1004 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 10, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2015

457 by topfloorboss45 »»
Aug 9, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2015

526 by Ezeved »»
Jul 24, 11:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.