Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2010 11:33 PM

Feb 2010
well theres this thread about no good cartoons on weekdays and it got me realisin that theres just no good cartoons like the good ol' days.
so what is there good to watch today???
what was ur fav cartoons from the good ol days???
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 25, 2010 11:39 PM
Feb 2010
Today you can watch anything on the Internets.
Feb 25, 2010 11:44 PM

Feb 2010
i guess i only watch family guy n e more... well actually i kinda like the new iron man on nicktoons.

then my top cartoons growin up were simpsons, animaniacs, ren and stimpy , tmnt, im shur theres more i need a refreshment it startin to be a long time ago..
as far as animes i can only remember ronan warriors and dbz oh yeah and sailor moon
Feb 25, 2010 11:46 PM

Sep 2009
Jayce and the wheeled warriors. Oh, you meant on actual TV. Sorry, I don't watch TV, except to catch the odd star trek rerun.

I am watching you masturbate....you're good.
Feb 25, 2010 11:47 PM
Feb 2010
Mine were Inuyasha, DBZ, Pinky and Brain, and some more but memory is foggy
Feb 25, 2010 11:56 PM

Sep 2009
Chris Colorado was great, Thundercats, transoformers, He-Man and She-Ra, Animaniacs, freakazoid, loony toons, Scooby doo and scrappy doo, Godzilla and Godzuki, Godzilla the remake after the movie, Reboot.

That's off the top of my head. I may add more later.

Feb 25, 2010 11:59 PM

Jan 2010
Don't forget Duck Tales and Gummie Bears. <3
Feb 26, 2010 12:03 AM

Dec 2009
I liked the Smurfs
Feb 26, 2010 12:15 AM
Jul 2018

DOMMEL!

Bobby's World!

I grew up with that shit! ~
Awesome-o!
Feb 26, 2010 12:19 AM
Feb 2010
That Bobby creeps me out...
Feb 26, 2010 12:21 AM

Sep 2009
Jimbow said:

DOMMEL!

Feb 26, 2010 12:31 AM

Feb 2010
... and inspecter gadget! WTF ever happened to that guy???
Feb 26, 2010 12:38 AM

Dec 2007
Family Guy, South Park, and the Cyanide and Happiness shorts are the only ones I watch not being anime.

Come to think of it, it's been a while ago last time I watched any of those.

Ecchii-Tedii said:
... and inspecter gadget! WTF ever happened to that guy???

And yes, this is real. It aired a while in my country.
Feb 26, 2010 12:42 AM

Jul 2007
If it was on The Disney Afternoon or Fox Kids in the 90s, it was a good cartoon.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Feb 26, 2010 12:46 AM
Oct 2009
I like Gargoyles but it's on at 4AM >>

I remember watching Totally Spies and Mon Collie Knights in the mornings. :D I miss those shows
Feb 26, 2010 1:09 AM

Jan 2010
Feb 26, 2010 8:35 AM

Aug 2009
Some of my favorites growing up in the 80s and 90s were

Gargoyles
Ducktales
Thunder Cats
Silver Hawks
He-Man
She-Ra
GI Joe
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers
Sailor Moon
TechnoMan
Darkwing Duck
Gummie Bears
Danger Mouse
Count Duckula
Voltron
Robotech
TigerSharks
Ghost Busters

My favorite cartoon shows today are

Family Guy
American Dad
The Cleveland Brown Show
Simpsons
SouthPark
Metalocolpyse
Robot Chicken
Boondocks
Super Jail
Johnny Test
Jonny Bravo
INvader Zim

most of the anime that I have ranked 7 or above.
ezikialrageFeb 26, 2010 9:13 PM
Feb 26, 2010 8:54 AM

May 2008
People are probably gonna give me the usual weird looks. But Toei's My Little Pony.
I'm serious. It's good stuff. And one of the best shows I watched as a kid. I'll give you a video sample to prove my point on it's quality before you snicker and go "hurrhurr so the queer boy like fairy shows too".

If you can watch an enjoy a show like Sailor Moon. You ought to be able to watch something like this. Also, considering it's made by Toei, maybe it's not really a cartoon, and deserves a place on MyAnimeList.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Feb 26, 2010 8:56 AM

Feb 2008
Feb 26, 2010 9:03 AM

May 2008
Star Wars The Clone Wars.

Feb 26, 2010 9:13 AM

Feb 2010
Eh, Things aren't so bad. "Chowder" and "The Misadventures of Flapjack" remind me a good bit of "Ren and Stimpy", but watered down. They're okay. "Teen Titans" was really good until it was canceled, They still play reruns. Adventure Time was a hilarious and random short I found on the internet one day, and they're making that into a show. Sounds good.

As for more adult ones... Family Guy, Futurama, Simpsons, and South Park are pretty good.

Oldies I used to like, In no specific order...
- Original Rugrats
- AAH! Real Monsters
- Ren and Stimpy
- Two Stupid Dogs
- Invader Zim
- Angry Beavers
- Doug
- Looney Toons
- Rocko's Modern Life
- Animaniacs
- Garfield and Friends
- Plenty more I can't even thing of right now. I miss the old days. lol
Feb 26, 2010 9:30 AM

Sep 2009
^ Pretty much everything you said.

Plus Hey Arnold.

That show was one of the greatest children's cartoons ever.
Feb 26, 2010 9:39 AM

Aug 2009

I loved that shit.
Feb 26, 2010 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
Ben 10 Alien Force
Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Invader Zim (sucks that it's back only for a month)
Feb 26, 2010 10:41 AM

Jan 2009
Good thread, shit's classic.

Criticker|Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love,|Last.fm
the things you are, and the things you never want to lose.

Feb 26, 2010 4:40 PM

Feb 2010
My Cartoon List::
recently watched/completed= none
plan to watch= angry beavers...
Feb 26, 2010 5:08 PM

Dec 2008
TMNT (1987)
Looney Tunes
Tiny Toons
Scooby Doo
The Flinstones
The Jetsons
2 Stupid Dogs
Johnny Bravo
Power Puff Girls
Cow & Chicken
I Am Weasel
Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy
The Simpsons
Freakazoid
The Mask
Animaniacs
The Pinky and the Brain
Samurai jack
TMNT (2003)
Feb 26, 2010 9:02 PM
Jun 2008
how about Phineas and Ferb besides really what else to do in the summer?!
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Feb 26, 2010 9:18 PM

May 2008
k0k0 said:

I loved that shit.

I love Japanese animation.

But Scooby Doo is just wonderful.

Feb 26, 2010 9:19 PM

Apr 2008
Swat Kats
Feb 26, 2010 10:26 PM

Jun 2009
LolitaDecay said:

fuck yes. it's weird, i actually never liked to watch this when I was younger. whenever it would come on, i would either change it or convince myself i was just too lazy to get up. of course, i'm able to realize now that i did like it, which is good, because it's such a colorful, strange fun fucking show.
/endrant. oh, and +1 for whoever got those angry beavers up in here. great show. oh and OP, if you wanna see good new shows, here:

-Adventure Time
-Chowder
-Flapjack
-Teen Titans (fuck you if you disagree)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Feb 26, 2010 10:54 PM

Mar 2009
homan cartoons youre speaking my speak!!!

a brief listing of some of my non-anime sat morning kiddy style favorites

xmen
gargoyles
eek the cat
aaa real monsters
bobbys world
count duckula
heathcliff and the catillac cats
duck tales
chip and dale rescue rangers
gummi bears
ghostbusters
gi joe
jem
my pet monster
tiny toons
dinsaucers
pinky and the brain
superman
batman
freakazoid
animaniacs
pound puppies
popples
rockos modern life
invaderzim
mario brothers
groovy ghoulies
wuzzles
the tick
biker mice from mars
attack of the killer tomatoes
darkwing duck
doug
talespin
ren and stimpy
captain planet
bonkers
aladdin
spiderman
taz mania
street sharks
mc hammer show
inspector gadget
muppet babies
buck o hare

trust me... thats brief listing too. ive always been obsessed with cartoons. when i got introduced to anime it only got worse.

you guys should check this site out
http://www.80scartoons.net/
theres a bunch on there that a freakin awesome! you cant help but going holy crap i remember that show!!!!

i havent found a site like that for 90s cartoons yet. if you find one let me know!
Ducky_DameFeb 26, 2010 11:36 PM
Feb 27, 2010 6:35 AM

Jun 2009
you have quite an impressive list sir, it's rare i meet a fellow fellow who has seen chip and dale. bonus points if you too also own the VHS!
(although, i find that list to be lacking in some Fox Saturday morning favorites. Look up The Tick (especially) and Sam & Max. Although you even have gem, so I can't be too hard on you.)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Feb 27, 2010 7:06 AM

Jun 2009
For me it was

Ghostbusters
Bucky O Hare
Earthworm Jim
Skeleton Warriors
Feb 27, 2010 7:17 AM

Jun 2009
I don't really watch cartoon anymore. Though I'll still watch them once in a blue moon.

Tom and Jerry is great. I recently watch one of the episode. I never laugh so hard. The show is not as funny when I was young. I told my friends about how much I laugh to Tom and Jerry the other day, he thinks I'm an idiot.

But really, I think the show is funnier when you're older.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2010 7:31 AM

Feb 2010
I only watch a few. Family guy, Simpsons, American Dad, Futurama and The Cleaveland show. They are all... HIGH LARRY OSS!
Feb 27, 2010 7:38 AM

May 2008
Powerpuff Girls was anime in America before American Anime was popular.

I'm gonna be girly again and say Rainbow Brite was great stuff.
Also, Freakazoid and Animaniacs were two of the best things to ever come out of Warner Brothers. I mean those shows were actually witty and had interesting cultural references in their humor.

I think a lot of people missed the epic that was The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. That stuff was /x/ in high degree.

Feb 27, 2010 7:40 AM

Dec 2008
ukonkivi said:
I think a lot of people missed the epic that was The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. That stuff was /x/ in high degree.

I was 7 when Johnny Quest aired here, never cared for it but my older brother who was 14 at the time loved it.
Feb 27, 2010 8:51 AM

Apr 2007
AirStyles said:
Tom and Jerry is great. I recently watch one of the episode. I never laugh so hard. The show is not as funny when I was young. I told my friends about how much I laugh to Tom and Jerry the other day, he thinks I'm an idiot.

But really, I think the show is funnier when you're older.

Tom and Jerry was always one of my favorites growing up, and I watched them every day as a kid as soon as I got home from elementary school. The best ones, in my opinion, were the T&J shorts directed by Gene Deitch in the early 60s using a behind-the-Iron-Curtain animation studio in Czechoslovakia (not making that up!) Their T&J shorts like "Dicky Moe" and "Switchin' Kitten" are among the most bizarre, stylish, and original pieces of animation I've ever seen, and, like you said, my appreciation for them has grown as I've aged.

It seems, for me at least, that the best quality cartoons televised in the 70s and 80s tended to be simple replays of theatrical shorts rather than the shows specifically made for Saturday morning presentation, which is probably why I preferred to watch Looney Tunes repeats indefinitely rather than whatever toy commercial posing as a cartoon was airing.

The major exception for this were cartoons that resisted talking down to kids, and even came across as subversive sometimes. These were uncommon, but occasionally you would find something really good like The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show or Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales. Later in the 80s titles like The Real Ghostbusters and ALF Tales continued this, but they were still the exception rather than the rule. In addition, you had shows like Garfield and Friends, The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, Galaxy High and CBS Storybreak that, while not especially challenging, you could tell the creators put some effort and care into their production rather than the lowest-common-denominator Hanna-Barbera/Ruby-Spears trash that normally filled the air.

Probably the shows that had the greatest impact on me were the ones that I saw "on the edge of potential". One of these was the Toei/Marvel/TSR co-production of Dungeons and Dragons, which I watched as a kid during its original run. It pushed the envelope with really good animation, great music, and stories that dared to come close at times to moral complexity, which has always been the great barrier of American animation (until the masterpiece Batman:TAS breached it.) Likely because of this (and its reputation as the most violent show on televsion) it only lasted 27 episodes, and I have to wonder what would have happened if had pushed just a little further.

Another was DuckTales, which, while very nicely produced (and is likely to be the only animated version of the works of Carl Barks ever), was diminished somewhat by needlessly changing the already-perfect stories into soemthing they deemed to be more "kid-friendly", adding characters like Lanchpad while omitting Donald, etc. DuckTales was, without a doubt, my very first "anime version vs. manga version" blowup. :)
Feb 27, 2010 8:58 AM
Oct 2009
Feb 27, 2010 9:53 AM

Aug 2007
ukonkivi said:

Also, Freakazoid and Animaniacs were two of the best things to ever come out of Warner Brothers. I mean those shows were actually witty and had interesting cultural references in their humor.

What? Who called Powerpuff Girls an anime?
Feb 27, 2010 10:07 AM

Sep 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
ukonkivi said:

Well, it was aimed at girls, being the powerpuff girls, but it wasn't restricted to girls. It wasn't like my little pony, or care bears. I watched those as well. The episode with the rowdy ruff boys showed the difference between what boys traditionally like and girls, if you know the ep you might recall how the girls beat the boys? Yes it's super sexist, but so what it was fun.

It was an empowerment cartoon to show that girls can be hero's too, but still be girls and not some tom boy hybrid.

Feb 27, 2010 11:03 AM

Mar 2009
ParisainGoldfish said:
you have quite an impressive list sir, it's rare i meet a fellow fellow who has seen chip and dale. bonus points if you too also own the VHS!
(although, i find that list to be lacking in some Fox Saturday morning favorites. Look up The Tick (especially) and Sam & Max. Although you even have gem, so I can't be too hard on you.)

lol is my bonus point deducted if my vcr has kicked the bucket and ive yet to get around to fixing it?

lacking in saturday morning favorites? lol but but but i had a bunch on there! the tick was included thats one my absolute favorites!! i wasnt really a fan of sam and max the cartoon though. i loved the video game though!!!

hmm there were also a lot of after school favorites perhaps i should have said saturday morning and after school kiddy style favorites! lol!

egads i cant believe i forgot to put david the gnome on that list! amoung lots of others i didnt put on there. this list could go on for quite a ways. lol!
Feb 27, 2010 11:10 AM

Jun 2008
Ducktales
Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Gummi Bears
Talespin
Swat Cats
Underdog
The Racoons
Foophur
The Smurfs
Pirates of Dark Water
Pound Puppies
The Real Ghostbusters
Super Mario Bros Super Show
Captain N
Inspector Gadget
Denise the Menace
Heathcliff
Garfield
Sonic the Hedgehog (SATAM & AOSTH)
Snoopy
The Tick
Spiderman
X-Men
Bonkers
Widget
Feb 27, 2010 11:58 AM

Aug 2007
LoneTrooper said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
ukonkivi said:

Well, it was aimed at girls, being the powerpuff girls, but it wasn't restricted to girls. It wasn't like my little pony, or care bears. I watched those as well. The episode with the rowdy ruff boys showed the difference between what boys traditionally like and girls, if you know the ep you might recall how the girls beat the boys? Yes it's super sexist, but so what it was fun.

It was an empowerment cartoon to show that girls can be hero's too, but still be girls and not some tom boy hybrid.

That wasn't what I asked. I asked who called it an anime.
Feb 27, 2010 12:02 PM

Sep 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
LoneTrooper said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
ukonkivi said:

That wasn't what I asked. I asked who called it an anime.

I would call it a toon. It does have anime features. like most American animations these days, it's based on anime style, but more stylised to suit the audience. I think it was based on parapa the rapper style, if you remember that game? A styling in japan that was quite popular for a while.

Feb 27, 2010 1:01 PM

Feb 2010
I don't watch cartoons
Feb 27, 2010 2:11 PM

Jan 2008
Tom & Jerry
Scooby Doo
The Jetsons
The Flintstones
Ed, Edd n' Eddy
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Dexter's Laboratory
Pinky and the Brain
Danger Mouse
Top Cat
Powerpuff Girls
Inspector Gadget

I really do wish there was decent cartoons on these days =\. I miss having something which I can just sit back and laugh at without having to really pay much attention.
Feb 27, 2010 2:15 PM

Feb 2009
Hell. I still watch Gargoyles.

Hey Arnold was a really good one.

Feb 27, 2010 5:36 PM

Feb 2010
Druozo said:
Ducktales
Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers
Darkwing Duck
Gummi Bears
Talespin
Swat Cats
Underdog
The Racoons
Foophur
The Smurfs
Pirates of Dark Water
Pound Puppies
The Real Ghostbusters
Super Mario Bros Super Show
Captain N
Inspector Gadget
Denise the Menace
Heathcliff
Garfield
Sonic the Hedgehog (SATAM & AOSTH)
Snoopy
The Tick
Spiderman
X-Men
Bonkers
Widget

great list druozo!! duck tales was my fav as well as most others on ur list. yea so im really lovin this thread we definatly got me missin the good ol days. yea so really as far as toons to watch today, the list is much shorter: i mean the cartoons for our kids is gettin lame and i can honestly say all that is, "good", is most mature or adult style cartoons( family guy american dad and what not) now i dont miind if my kids r watchin these but as far as the "conservitives" i cant say there too happy with that idea. im all for us "socials" and can say that it isnt the cartoons rotting this economy *sigh,rolls eyes,covers mouth*= back to the point, my kiids are gonna b missin out on all the good sh!!t cuz Dora the expora has takin over.... speakin of wich is avatar a anime or a cartoon?? i dont mind Aing educating the youth= sh!!t our economy could learn a thing or 2 from Aing too.' thanx for hearin me out and postin these great oldies. i guess im bein lazy not thinkin of all the old toons i love on my own, i owe u guys for workin so hard for me so ill get u my list soon...
(((MY CARTOON LIST- FOR TODAYS CARTOONS::: Avatar!))) :P
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.