Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 31, 12:22 AM

Jun 2019
Fate_Saber88 said:
USA is flopping big time in Swimming this year, but nobody is performing well tbh so it's just a shitshow. Anyway, as far as the Anglo-Saxon countries or France take the gold it's fine, Summer McIntosh is coming strong this year and snatched the gold medal for the world's greatest nation.

USA is an obvious gold in basketball, gymnastics, and Track and field (No Russians to milk some medals) there is no contest.

Léon Marchand had crushed his opponents in the 400m medley race, but I guess that nobody is performing well...

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/28/world/olympics/leon-marchand-record.html

Looking forward the track and field competition!

vasipi4946 said:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/olympics-drag-queen-barbara-butch-threatens-to-sue-her-right-wing-haters

The Proud Fat Jewish Lesbian DJ (if you think I am targeting her, she is proud of being all the words I said) that was at that Supper Ceremony is gonna sue people that don't like her.

She did not look so proud of herself a couple of days ago when she deleted her Instagram post and tried to trick people into believing that the Opening Ceremony was representing a painting that she had never heard about before.

https://x.com/SarahisCensored/status/1817695062538461461
Jul 31, 4:17 PM

Nov 2013
@Meusnier Thoughts on the opening ceremony?
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 31, 7:29 PM

Oct 2022
The opening ceremony was really cringe but everything else was good, if not a bit boring. No real outliers in any of the competitions when it came to who won, although I haven't been playing attention too much to the Olympics with how busy I've been.
When a pancake lover does something: "Outrageous vicious crime"

When a waffle lover does something: "That means it is not illegal"

Quotes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_HIM667Do&t=2822s
Jul 31, 7:38 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
MalchikRepaid said:
those 2 Chinese athletes are not lesbians
Then I'm not sure what you meant with
MalchikRepaid said:
Chinese diver, Chén Yìwén, holding her partner, Chāng Yǎnī, like newlyweds.
Are they a couple or not? If they are a couple and the person holding the girl is a her, then how aren't they lesbians?
@Zarutaku
Zarutaku said:
Are they a couple or not? If they are a couple and the person holding the girl is a her, then how aren't they lesbians?
Well this point is less relevant but when it comes lesbian relationships both women don't need to be lesbians, one or both of them could be bisexual. As for the image itself it definitely gave of more of a platonic intimacy vibe, but either way it was very cute and my favorite moment in the Olympics so far.

Jul 31, 8:37 PM
Dec 2022
Chinese freestyle swimmer, Pān Zhǎnlè, won a gold in men's 100 meter freestyle while overcoming taunts from the Australian and American audience.
Jul 31, 9:34 PM

Dec 2021
Bruhs, I just saw Poland vs USA in 3v3 basketball. Why is that not the gold standard for b-ball!?!? Regular basketball is such a snoozer, but this was a much faster pace, and people played as *teams* instead of just letting their all star put in 30 or 40 points. It still has an issue with too many imaginary fouls being called, but overall it was such a breath of fresh air. Disband the NBA and make 3v3 the new norm!
Aug 1, 1:55 AM

Sep 2016
WaffleMaster89 said:
Well this point is less relevant but when it comes lesbian relationships both women don't need to be lesbians, one or both of them could be bisexual.

Good nitpick, let me continue: One or both of them could also be pansexual, cupiosexual, gynesexual, omnisexual, polysexual, queersexual, skoliosexual, spectrasexual or another sexuality.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Aug 1, 4:48 AM

Jan 2023
Yesterday José Torres Gil gave us the first medal of these Olympic Games (Argentina). Gold medal in BMX. A deranged man, he could kill himself doing what he did.

We always have faith with women's hockey. Men's hockey is on a smaller scale.

And we also have soccer, although the coach is horrible. And still some tennis players. Volleyball and handball are complicated.
Aug 1, 6:10 AM
Dec 2022
KittenCuddler said:
Regular basketball is such a snoozer,

Completely in agreement with you. This is how I eventually enjoy watching netball instead.
Aug 1, 1:11 PM

Jun 2019
Sad said:

It was embarrassingly bad and visually ugly, and I think that the lowest point was having a glorification of the brutal execution of Marie-Antoinette (the parodic aspect only added insult to injury). Courtesy of Daphné Colette de Marin de Montmarin, one of the two main organisers. Historical ignorance is not enough to exalt 1793—which was the worst historical period that the country has ever gone through (the Reign of Terror)—in lieu of 1789. But I was not very surprised to see this travesty for French people are unable to reach the heights of the Hellenic epic, and are therefore forced to be clowns in the hope of amusing the gay company.
Aug 1, 2:05 PM

Nov 2013
Meusnier said:
Sad said:

It was embarrassingly bad and visually ugly, and I think that the lowest point was having a glorification of the brutal execution of Marie-Antoinette (the parodic aspect only added insult to injury). Courtesy of Daphné Colette de Marin de Montmarin, one of the two main organisers. Historical ignorance is not enough to exalt 1793—which was the worst historical period that the country has ever gone through (the Reign of Terror)—in lieu of 1789. But I was not very surprised to see this travesty for French people are unable to reach the heights of the Hellenic epic, and are therefore forced to be clowns in the hope of amusing the gay company.

I had a feeling you would probably not be impressed. I feel our opening ceremony in 2012 was absolutely phenomenal, particularly the industrial revolution segment. I was really looking forward to see what France would produce due to having such a rich history with so much to utilise. But honestly, I felt like I was in a daydream watching it.

What is the feeling shared by French folks at the moment, overall positive or negative do you think? I saw a comment from a Japanese viewer on Youtube which said something along the lines of "Tokyo is saved, Paris managed to be worse, somehow." Lol.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 1, 2:32 PM

Jun 2019
Sad said:
Meusnier said:

I had a feeling you would probably not be impressed. I feel our opening ceremony in 2012 was absolutely phenomenal, particularly the industrial revolution segment. I was really looking forward to see what France would produce due to having such a rich history with so much to utilise. But honestly, I felt like I was in a daydream watching it.

What is the feeling shared by French folks at the moment, overall positive or negative do you think? I saw a comment from a Japanese viewer on Youtube which said something along the lines of "Tokyo is saved, Paris managed to be worse, somehow." Lol.

According to polls conducted in the 6ème arrondissement, everyone loved the opening the ceremony. But strangely, every French I know disliked it... Daydreaming is a good comparison! I felt that the ceremony was not paying any real tribute to our history and artists, but once more, it was not a major surprise with those culture-obsessed ignorami who were in charge of the event.

Aug 1, 6:18 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Zarutaku
WaffleMaster89 said:
Well this point is less relevant but when it comes lesbian relationships both women don't need to be lesbians, one or both of them could be bisexual.

Good nitpick, let me continue: One or both of them could also be pansexual, cupiosexual, gynesexual, omnisexual, polysexual, queersexual, skoliosexual, spectrasexual or another sexuality.
@Zarutaku Bisexuality in women is way more common then whatever those other sexualities are. Besides pansexuality those other ones aren't even taken seriously by the majority of people. I don't see what's wrong in saying that two bisexual women can be in a relationship together. I know was being nitpicky but that was kind of the point of me saying "this point is less relevant."

Aug 1, 7:12 PM

Aug 2022
IMPORTANT

All talk about Imane Khelif being Transgender was created by Russia.

https://x.com/theerougarou/status/1819180310795636941
https://x.com/jgmac1106/status/1819176905527968003
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Aug 1, 7:27 PM

May 2020
So the USA is 0-4 in 3x3 basketball men's tournament...

& i wonder why...

& so i checked their roster...

They have Jimmer Fredette as their leader...

Thats everything that i need to know...
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Aug 1, 11:22 PM

May 2020
I didnt know 47 played in the Olympics...

Aug 2, 1:22 AM

Sep 2016
WaffleMaster89 said:
I don't see what's wrong in saying that two bisexual women can be in a relationship together
Nothing wrong with that, no worries.

WaffleMaster89 said:
Bisexuality in women is way more common then whatever those other sexualities are.
Hopefully you are right, because bisexual women are the most desirable.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Aug 2, 2:05 AM

Feb 2024
As for the opening, I think it wasn't brave enough. I've read some news about some Aussie girl raped by a gang a few days ago - they should have shown that on the Olympics stage instead of Marie-Antoinette and a bunch of clowns, because it's more national and identical thing for today's Paris.

When it comes to Olympic sports, I only watch women beach volleyball, for an obvious reason.

As for bisexual polygons, I can only wish you good luck. For me, it's just easiest way to disappoint 3 people at the same time lol.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Aug 2, 6:35 AM

May 2020
I thought Giannis was a choker...

That was close...

The Australians are just too small against the tall & athletic Greeks...

Aug 2, 6:57 AM

Jul 2024
Was positively surprised with how well Belgium played vs the US yesterday, especially with Vanloo.
Bit of a bummer that it felt like the ref was being extra harsh on the Belgian squad, ultimately don't think it matters, the defense was sloppy at times.
Hope we still make it through with that "best 3th team" spot.
Aug 2, 10:09 AM

May 2020
Again...

SGA & the Canadians has some serious issues in the clutch like usual...

They almost choked...

& thats a very bad sign...

WHY THE FUCK DID THE COACH OF SPAIN CALL THEIR LAST TIMEOUT IN A MIDDLE OF A FREETHROW???

FACEPALM!!!

Aug 2, 1:48 PM

May 2020
& ofc France got blown out...

Game plan against Rudy Gogurt is simple...

Find ways to pull him out of the paint in defense...

& let him be the scorer in offense!!!

& the Germans just have the perfect weapon for that...

They have like 8 players who shoot 40% from 3 this Olympics...

& they can even outrun them with 2 centers on the floor for France...

& adding insult to injury that they dont have a point guard to run their offense...

Yup...

The French basketball team shouldve been 0-2 by now...

Aug 2, 2:05 PM

Feb 2020
Good job, Egypt! Pretty good match against Paraguay. ⚽
Aug 2, 2:06 PM

Aug 2020
Olympics... Always an interesting event

Aug 3, 12:17 PM

Oct 2017
Summer McIntosh is wiping the floor and bringing them medals to Canada.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Aug 3, 3:19 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to LoveYourSmile
As for the opening, I think it wasn't brave enough. I've read some news about some Aussie girl raped by a gang a few days ago - they should have shown that on the Olympics stage instead of Marie-Antoinette and a bunch of clowns, because it's more national and identical thing for today's Paris.

When it comes to Olympic sports, I only watch women beach volleyball, for an obvious reason.

As for bisexual polygons, I can only wish you good luck. For me, it's just easiest way to disappoint 3 people at the same time lol.
@LoveYourSmile the quality of the performance itself aside, but I was way more confused at the fact I fail to see what it had to with sports or France?
It could've been just an average show at some art/music festival and you wouldn't tell the difference.
Aug 3, 3:24 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to MalchikRepaid
Zarutaku said:
@MalchikRepaid Is it safe to be an LGBT couple in China?

First of all, those 2 Chinese athletes are not lesbians. Second, it's complicated to explain, but TLDR, the government know that LGBT people exist and they think that pride parades are cringy. No verbose active anti-LGBT directives, but no promotion of LGBT movement either.
MalchikRepaid said:
No verbose active anti-LGBT directives
Isn't there a censor policy that forbids same sex kisses and proclaims of love on tv? Or is that just for donghua?
Aug 3, 6:10 PM
Dec 2022
Nutella71 said:
Isn't there a censor policy that forbids same sex kisses and proclaims of love on tv? Or is that just for donghua?

Even kisses are generally frown upon on TV based on my own personal experience watching Chinese shows.
Aug 4, 10:59 AM

Oct 2017
America charges ahead and wins the Olympic swimming with a disappointing 8 gold medals.

This is the worst US performance since 1988, and the people at the forefront of Team USA should be fired. Also, let's blame the French and the Italians(the firm that built the pool) who can't f*n build a proper swimming pool, it was too shallow!

Now, I am looking forward to the Basketball quarter-finals on Tuesday, here are my predictions.

Germany v Greece - Easy win for Germany, they have a solid team.

Serbia v Australia - Easy win for the Joker

France v Canada - Canada is the only country that can rob the US of a gold medal this year, it should be a good game with a triumphant Canadian victory.

Dream Team USA v Brazil - I don't need to say anything about this one, Imma call the FBI if the score diff reaches beyond 50.
Fate_Saber88Aug 4, 11:20 AM
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Aug 4, 1:20 PM

Jun 2019
Novak Djokovic has made history today. His match is probably the best of the year so far. A true legend.

And Teddy Riner has managed to cement his legend of course...

For once, the performance of Team France is pretty good.
Aug 6, 3:47 AM

May 2020
Not even Giannis can solve the Greeks guard issues...

No wonder why Calathes was out of the NBA...

The firepower of the Germans is just too much...

Nobody else was helping him...

Aug 6, 7:47 AM

May 2020
Patty Mills heroics was not enough to save the Aussies...

As predicted...theyll have issues in the paint not just because of Jokic but also because they lack height in the paint...

& ofc Josh Giddey & his pals choked a 24 point lead...

& ofc Its because of him that they didnt score in their last 2 possessions...

Facepalm....

Aug 6, 11:07 AM

May 2020
25 to 8 freethrows in the first half in favor of France...

I think that sums up the game for Canada...

Also...

Its weird that the Nuggets had both the worst & best player of the Olympics currently...

Yesterday, 5:52 AM

May 2020
Jamal Murray in the 2024 Olympics:

6.0 PPG 29.0 FG% 14.3 3P%

I guess its time for Jokic to trade this guy & keep MPJ!!!

Yesterday, 8:20 AM

Jan 2021
The most medals my country ever won.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Jul 2024
Femke bol should try voice acting. Her voice is so high pitched, she sounds like a anime girl
Yesterday, 8:36 AM

Jul 2024
Reply to Meusnier
Novak Djokovic has made history today. His match is probably the best of the year so far. A true legend.

And Teddy Riner has managed to cement his legend of course...

25 to 8 freethrows in the first half in favor of France basketball team..

I think that sums up the favoritism..

But it's against Canada so everyone's fine with that and laughing about it..
Meusnier said:
11 hours ago

Jun 2019
RainyEvenings said:
25 to 8 freethrows in the first half in favor of France basketball team..

I think that sums up the favoritism..

But it's against Canada so everyone's fine with that and laughing about it..

For an unexplainable reason, the organising country always has significantly more medals than usual...
9 hours ago

May 2013
I was super excited by Cole Hocker's win for the USA in the 1500. Not used to seeing white guys win Track and Field events these days, though I don't actually care.

Still, reminds me of the Prefontaine days. Lookin' forward to the 5k finals! They had a nasty spill in the prelims.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What do you think of NATO?

Sad - 38 minutes ago

3 by Theo1899 »»
22 seconds ago

» Are there bad habits in your online communication that are not present in your real life?

RobertBobert - 56 minutes ago

3 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
3 minutes ago

» Turkey banning VPNs and major websites

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

12 by SimplyBrazen »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you rather die alone or have a physically unattractive life partner?

vasipi4946 - Aug 1

23 by Seijatachiiii »»
2 hours ago

» why 2010s metal still sounds decent but 2010s rock sounds so bland?

TierraRobada - Yesterday

9 by SmugSatoko »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.