Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 10, 2013 9:21 AM

May 2013
i love love ls way of going about interrogating yagami. so darn direct lol.
Jul 22, 2013 8:13 AM

Jun 2013
Okay, I really disliked Light first, but maybe I'm starting to like him a little. Because he's smart and actually believes what he's doing is justifiable. But I also hate him because he's an arrogant brat. See? I'm starting to contradict myself. Only thing I know that I want L to catch him eventually. Or don't I?

Xinil said:
Light IS badass. Can you kill people just by writing down their name in a book?

Maybe if I had a Death Note. Also, for the record, I DID like Light the most in the beginning...
But you don't, so Light is > you. :P

Light's definitely super smart. And heartless. But badass? Because he's writing names in a notebook that he simply found laying on the ground? I really don't think so. But I could be wrong.

Mod Edit: Please do not double post.
LunaDec 14, 2013 2:00 AM
Aug 3, 2013 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
Man this is quickly becoming one of my favorite anime's. The story is just so compelling.

Aug 13, 2013 1:28 PM

May 2013
I love the battle of the Geniuses. why dont light deal with ryuk 1000 apples for the eye of death God
Nov 22, 2013 4:30 AM

Jul 2013
This anime makes everything look epic. Even tennis matches.
Dec 13, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm the chat and thoughts of both L and Light are just awesome. I must say I love anime in which something I can't expect will happen.
Thus I liked Steins;Gate. But Death Note is different from Steins;Gate even so I love it so far.
Dec 14, 2013 1:59 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Placeholder post for proper episode discussion thread.
Jan 24, 2014 6:38 AM

Oct 2013
man so much meta thinking in that tennis game. they need to not overthink it so much. its just a tennis match lol
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Mar 26, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
Cool tennis match. Light was hot in a suit and a tennis outfit <3
May 2, 2014 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
So that's why he's sitting in my favorite pose. xd ^3^
Light's got good combination skills, admirable. Like him.
Aug 27, 2014 1:41 PM
May 2014
Headaches... They are wayyy to smart for me
Oct 6, 2014 11:35 PM

Oct 2013
Sweet episode overall. I have a strong suspicion that L's "suspicion percentage" of Kira will continue to increase until something drastic happens to end L's involvement... prematurely.

Not this soon with those tapes, though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Feb 21, 2015 2:50 AM

Nov 2014
Waiting4Infinity said:
Okay, if there is just a 7% chance Light is Kira (although we know he obviously is) why pay attention to it. He should investigate it, but he should pay more attention to the other freakin 93%.

again...theres no 93%...

Malina said:
The creep in the end is stupid. Didn't he said he didn't want any more stories about Kira, yet he's gonna air a story anyway just to not get killed? That just shows what people really do to save their lives.

No he means he want some REAL stories about kira, ones that would grab eneryone's attention. Not something like 'a girl died', but 'a elementary girl died in her classroom. She was found with her body cut up and limbs stuffed into her desk, the only suspect is her 5 yrs old baby brother who was holding a bloody spoon trying to cut out her eyeballs'...something like that. (Just an example) u getwat m saying?
Mar 15, 2015 5:21 PM

Dec 2014
Seems like "Kira" will work on some propaganda. He works to become "the god of new world and become justice" but his image is still bad to the public where almost noone thinks of him that way and see him as an evil mass-murderer.
NozdrefMar 15, 2015 5:31 PM

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Apr 23, 2015 10:56 PM
Nov 2014
Light is a boss :P He owned L in that tennis match.

The conversation between them was very intriguing and good.
Apr 28, 2015 10:32 PM
Dec 2011
i love this episode, every time i watch a episode i get to know more about L , the way he works thinks and more that anything how much effort L puts in to his work . more than any character i feel more closer to L because he doesn't show it but he really cares every much about people around him no wonder he wants to keep his IDENTITY A SECRET NO MATTER WHAT because people who hates L would come after the people who L loves and LOVE L .

1) now about the tennis match L is a pro British champion and losing to LIGHT a junior high champion is just nonsense if you know L like i do this was a test L said himself " i know KIRA hates to lose" L was checking whether light would take a risk at being a suspect would go for the win if does go for the win he fits with KIRA's personality ( because KIRA always go for bold actions because he thinks he is god like).

2) if LIGHT " let L win/ light lose on purpose" L would know instantly that LIGHT is pretending and have something to hide
because its too easy to L to see. L being a pro tennis player that's why L used tennis as a way to know how light thinks and act FOR L "TENNIS IS HIS WEAPON OF CHOICE" (a game that L know much like the back of his own had so L CAN BE in full control of the game from start to finish).

L 's knowledge about the game is shown when light send back L 's serve.

L SAYING "look at that he is going for the win" so this was a big test for LIGHT by L and yes L was in full control of the match and L was pushing light to see how light likes to win of course L said " it is normal for human beings to want to win"

but its the way light was playing and lights reactions to L , light was so angrily playing not clam and looked like pissed with L ( because L is toying with him) . L seeing light is pissed and way too serious that L SAID "relax light" .

so the basic point is L pushing light to see light's abnormal drive to win and reactions to L (light getting agitated and pissed) at the same time L didn't play his full 100% because tennis doesn't interest him light is . maybe L play 55% serious his goal was to see LIGHT's actions the way he thinks up close and personal and get in to light's head in a form of rival.

L wasn't serious about this game it was just work for him so not paying that much attention to the game L lose the game, L lose on purpose (L didn't want to win ) L said to light in the end, L = "as i expected you beat me". L is a genius detective best in the world.

L wont play 100% even if he is asked because he don't care not that interesting to him . L is serious only on the thing L likes or peek his interest and curiosity :3

i love how L is always 10 steps ahead of light also L is so freaking awesome with his amazingly bold comments and light always fall in to his trap :3 i love L . L is playing with light :3 making light over confident and then grabbing by light's neck this is L 's style and i love it

the TAPE'S by KIRA!!! cant wait to see the next episode ... L go kick light's ass the way L doing it so far is fantastic :3
May 21, 2015 4:10 PM

Jul 2014
Good episode. 4/5
Jul 8, 2015 9:55 PM

Apr 2014
I didn't think "L" could move that fast by looking at him, let alone play a sport..
---------My Profile------------
Jul 8, 2015 10:21 PM

Jul 2015
I found it really interesting and intense as well, just hearing there monologue going back and forth with assumptions and motives was really awesome i was on the edge of my seat.... and i dont even like tennis., xD
Aug 5, 2015 6:23 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
When I asked for some chill time I surly was not thinking of that lol
Badass Tennis gameplay

Aug 5, 2015 7:09 AM
Jan 2015
At this point,I can't think of something Light could do that it would reveal L's identity. He would need to eliminate all possibilites of being Kira....like passing his to power to another person, a person it would be willing to kill like him, a copycat. Another person that L suspects, not some random person.
Sep 26, 2015 9:21 AM

Mar 2010
I liked when Ryuk mentioned leaving the sentimental crap to humans..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 6, 2015 9:43 AM

Nov 2014
The tennis match was intense. At the end I was so hyped, can't wait to see the tapes!
Nov 7, 2015 12:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, that's one tennis match. L loses 40% of his skills if he sits normally, lol!

5/5
Apr 14, 2016 3:41 AM

Apr 2015
That was cool. I want more Light vs L.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jul 29, 2016 2:56 PM

Jan 2016
ihihihihihi. :P how exciting!! fucking giggiling here xD this is just too funny, and interesting to watch! Next episode!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Apr 14, 2017 5:17 AM

Sep 2016
This ep went from DN to Prince of Tennis in like 1 second, lol.
L got his fan girl's eyes on him.
Sep 15, 2017 6:04 AM

May 2014
I love this constant back and forth between the two of them. It's so damn good that I'm figuratively kicking myself for sleeping on this series for 8 years of my life :'(

The atmosphere is insane- even for someone like me who's had two major spoilers...so I can only imagine how gripping this was as it was airing when nobody knew what the ultimate outcome was going to be.

Since I know the general gist of the characters and stuff, I'm like 99.9% sure who's behind that broadcast schtick.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2018 1:10 PM

Aug 2014
This is getting annoying, all the time since L started investigation it is "If I do what Kira would do then he will suspect me, if I do what Kira wouldn't do then he will suspect me even more" bla bla bla
I hope L dies soon because it ruins the story...

Now it will be with this msg to TV? Light know L identity, so by telling in TV that he wants to know L identity he tries to make alibi for himself that Light isnt Kira, but this is not a coincidence.
Will L think that way?
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 12, 2018 3:07 PM

Aug 2007
I think the tennis match in the manga was a lot more enjoyable than in the anime.

It feels kinda goofy in the anime, ngl.

Feb 9, 2019 7:29 AM

Dec 2018
Yeah keeping watch over Light without a TV for a month? Just to prove that he's not Kira? Is he that desperate to escape from being suspected? Bad move Light. If you're really not Kira you wouldn't care less about how long he will suspect you cause in the end they couldn't found proof that you're Kira.

If I was Light, I would turn down L as a friend cause he suspect me

L has a fangirl now XD
Kish0Feb 10, 2019 7:24 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Feb 20, 2019 6:26 PM

Feb 2019
L really makes things awkward between Light and his father
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 17, 2020 10:27 PM

May 2020
ahh, so that's why L sits like that

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2020 11:28 PM
Aug 2020
Ryuk dodging that first tennis ball from L was probably the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. "Woah..."

Light's dad having a heart attack shocked me, and just for a split second I thought, "He wouldn't really kill his dad just to shift suspicion off of him, would he?" He's heartless, but I guess he's not THAT heartless.

Also, it's interesting that Light's dad and Ryuk both brought up being cursed/misfortune being connected with the power of the Death Note. I wonder if Yagami-san's heart attack was just the first of a series of unfortunate events that will happen to Light.
Jan 4, 2021 6:29 PM

Jan 2020
that was a pretty intense tennis match.

although this was more of the unentertaining episodes.
it just didn't please me.
but overall it was alright.
Jan 27, 2021 7:57 PM

Jul 2017
This was definitely the weakest episode of the show for me so far, not a bad one by any means but with visuals that frankly looked really cheap and poor at times for a show that's normally looked really consistent throughout as well as the tennis match not being quite as fascinating as I hoped for it to be between these two geniuses, it left me feeling a bit disappointed despite the good stuff like having Light and L interact more have Light be more involved in the Kira business with the police, as L tries to study and see if Light is Kira while getting the help of another genius to assist the investigation. Poor Souichiro Yagami got hit with a heart attack of his own but luckily, he survived and it was not a Kira-related one. Might help Light's chances of getting closer to the whole research business now that his dad is hospitalized and he knows who L is (doesn't know the name yet).
May 21, 2021 12:20 AM

Feb 2021
Hmm... looks like Light beat L in tennis in a fair way. When Chief Yagami got a heart attack I though Light did it on purpose to uncover if it's truly L.

Jul 23, 2021 5:35 PM
Nov 2020
"No smoking" - a sign in the TV program room pictured just while the director stubs out a cigarette.
Aug 25, 2021 5:26 AM
Jul 2021
I agree, he's basically saying he wants to kill himself... How desperate can you get? XD
Aug 31, 2021 7:46 PM

May 2019
Very cool to use the tennis match to get into their heads.

Haha L's reason for sitting the way he does.

Nov 9, 2021 8:02 AM
Nov 2020
This is just basically a game of he knows that I know that he knows that I know that he knows, lmao whatever.
Jan 30, 2022 8:16 AM
May 12, 2022 1:45 AM
Apr 2022
I wish that light will win
May 29, 2022 8:54 PM
May 2022
this is likely pure coincidence, but i find it interesting that both of L's aliases (Ryuzaki and Ryuga) start with the sound 'Ryu'. again, most likely just a coincidence, but a strange one nonetheless.
Sep 4, 2022 3:41 PM
May 2022
L and Light interacting with each other without L knowing for sure who Light is sure is fun.
Oct 2, 2022 11:56 PM
Sep 2021
Wow, this episode was an intense mind game fight between L and Light, but it soon looks like Light is turning up the tables.

I give it 6/10.
Nov 13, 2022 7:37 PM

Feb 2022
I get scared when I hear about Light's father because I thought there was another owner of a Death Note
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Dec 9, 2022 8:33 PM

Jul 2022
If I put my backpack on the right side it will assume that I am Kira since it is my right arm and so I could easily kill someone else BUT! If I put my backpack on the left side, he'll assume I'm Kira because it's my bad arm and think that if I put it on that side, I'd put myself at a disadvantage on purpose so he'd notice... You've got me cornered L. ..

Since when did the 1% suspicion go up to 7% and after seeing him talk to his father he think it's not Kira? xDDD From 1% to 7% and then plummet to 0%
Dec 10, 2022 12:49 PM
Jul 2022
bardoz fajny i szybko minal;
Apr 14, 2023 4:49 AM
Apr 2023
great .. i like it ...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 37 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Boursk - Jun 27, 2007

926 by Beta01 »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - Apr 11, 2007

125 by _Dunkirk »»
Yesterday, 2:02 AM

» What detectives from other series do you think could solve the Kira case? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Jun 5

53 by GreenHairPirate »»
Jun 19, 5:38 PM

» Does anyone find the post time-skip story kind of...bad?

VanVeleca - May 24

42 by Casualfanofanime »»
Jun 19, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayrhandros - May 17, 2007

119 by N_Erwann »»
Jun 17, 9:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.